Skip to content

Mascots

Political Discussion
264 13 6.5k
  • You want me to laugh, say something funny! Instead of that tired, predictable dreck you just posted.

    You didn't mention the logo. You mentioned Gloria Allred objecting to the name Notre Dame in your head.

    And if I'm so humorless, why do they give me awards for my comedy writing?

    Are you ever right about anything?

  • Once again, do you think the Irish are offended by that mascot? I never hear of anyone who is. So that's not really relevant either.

    Now, about that whole "Redskins" thing...

    Do you think that's a derogatory term for Native Americans? Answer a question sometime in the next year.

  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    If you look above, we were talking about the logo, not the name.

    I did see that. It looks like Chief Wahoo is being slowly phased out over the last few seasons. The "C" dons the hat now, it was used sparingly the last few seasons. Chief Wahoo is only shown on the left sleeve now.

    I hate arguing, but why is a smiling Indian face deemed offensive? I don't understand.

    @bob806 said:

    I did see that. It looks like Chief Wahoo is being slowly phased out over the last few seasons. The "C" dons the hat now, it was used sparingly the last few seasons. Chief Wahoo is only shown on the left sleeve now.

    I hate arguing, but why is a smiling Indian face deemed offensive? I don't understand.

    Because it's not seen as a "smiling Indian." It's seen as a racist caricature of a smiling Indian, which is why someone drew up the equivalent logos for Jews and Chinese.

  • Some group, liberals mostly, always crave being victimized.

    As usual, to change something so they can rule it, and open up a

    dialogue about a civil lawsuit/legal attempt to win lottery action.

    No.

  • You liberals are strange. I hope they keep it like that forever just to piss you off.

  • I'm a huge Indians fan. Not a huge Wahoo fan. I'm wearing the blue cap with the red c on it right now and I much prefer it. The name "Indians" isn't offensive though, like "redskins". Case in point the logos were apparently drawn up by the congress of American Indians not the congress of Native Americans.

    But come on, redskins is inappropriate for Washington DC's team although the logo is fine

  • Libs will go to any lengths to avoid talking about Obamao scandals.

  • You want me to laugh, say something funny! Instead of that tired, predictable dreck you just posted.

    You didn't mention the logo. You mentioned Gloria Allred objecting to the name Notre Dame in your head.

    And if I'm so humorless, why do they give me awards for my comedy writing?

    Are you ever right about anything?

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    You want me to laugh, say something funny! Instead of that tired, predictable dreck you just posted.

    You didn't mention the logo. You mentioned Gloria Allred objecting to the name Notre Dame in your head.

    And if I'm so humorless, why do they give me awards for my comedy writing?

    Are you ever right about anything?

    Well bud I thought you were smart enough that I didn't have to come out and say hey it's the logo.

    I guess I wasn't right about that at least.

    WSS

  • And while we're at it, Mr Dangerfield, dame is a slang term for woman like broad or chick might be offensive.

    And the little belligerent fidget is as offensive as chief wahoo. Which is not at all.

    Except, of course, to the chronically outraged you find at home in the crank section of your party ie the base.

    But congratulations on the awards, I guess it helps not to waste anyof your best material here.

    WSS

  • Yes, dame is a slang term for a woman. In English. Except Norte Dame isn't English, it's French. So it doesn't mean that.

    And since you're Mr. Black and White Thinking, you can accept that there's anything between "zero outrage" and "total outrage." It's another hallmark of your idiocy.

    Now answer the question, because you really are acting like total coward: is Redskins a derogatory term for Native Americans?

  • My God you are dense. Forget it. it's hard to imagine you are that stupid. Especially for an award winning comedy writer.

    for your sake I hope you are doing a parody and we just don't get it.

    WSS

  • and no.

    WSS

  • Redskins isn't a derogatory term for Native Americans??

    Ooh boy.

    Again, we can't even agree on reality. So what's the point? I figured you'd at least acknowledge that, and then say you don't care because fans aren't using it in a derogatory way, or whatever. I didn't think you'd deny the premise.

  • My God you are dense. Forget it. it's hard to imagine you are that stupid. Especially for an award winning comedy writer.

    for your sake I hope you are doing a parody and we just don't get it.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    My God you are dense. Forget it. it's hard to imagine you are that stupid. Especially for an award winning comedy writer.

    for your sake I hope you are doing a parody and we just don't get it.

    WSS

    ...Oh brother. Are you suggesting that "Notre Dame" isn't French? What evidence of idiocy do you imagine you've stumbled upon, oh brilliant bar crooner who gets everything wrong all time?

  • Good job, diehard. I see you've changed your picture from gay Popeye to the most racist version of chief Wahoo to show your contempt. Maybe you could Photoshop a big jug of booze in there. Then you'd be really hard-core.

  • It's almost as if their political philosophy is hating liberals or something.

    "I hope they keep it like that forever just to piss you off."

    Mmm. Principles.

  • Exactly. I don't think for a second Snyder means to demean Native Americans. If you think so you're an idiot. If any one thinks so they are idiots too.

    furthermore liberalism has just about destroyed the entire race so fuck you for crying about this.

    you should petition the league to have his franchise

    taken away a la Marge Schott.

    WSS

  • Good job, diehard. I see you've changed your picture from gay Popeye to the most racist version of chief Wahoo to show your contempt. Maybe you could Photoshop a big jug of booze in there. Then you'd be really hard-core.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Good job, diehard. I see you've changed your picture from gay Popeye to the most racist version of chief Wahoo to show your contempt. Maybe you could Photoshop a big jug of booze in there. Then you'd be really hard-core.

    since you brought it up what makes the big jug of booze appropriate here?

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    My God you are dense. Forget it. it's hard to imagine you are that stupid. Especially for an award winning comedy writer.

    for your sake I hope you are doing a parody and we just don't get it.

    WSS

    ...Oh brother. Are you suggesting that "Notre Dame" isn't French? What evidence of idiocy do you imagine you've stumbled upon, oh brilliant bar crooner who gets everything wrong all time?

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    ...Oh brother. Are you suggesting that "Notre Dame" isn't French? What evidence of idiocy do you imagine you've stumbled upon, oh brilliant bar crooner who gets everything wrong all time?

    Moron..

    😁

  • I think it's offensive as all hell, but I'm attached to the logo, and I don't want them to give it up. It's one of the most recognizable logos in sports, and the reason the Indians haven't given it up is because it sells like hotcakes.