Skip to content

How Current Starter Acquired

The Browns Board
12 6 601
  • I thought there were reports that it's likely that Pinkston would start this year over Lauvao and if I am not mistaken he [Pinkston] was a fifth rounder.

  • It's a very homegrown team. Very Steelers-esque.

  • McFadden isn't necessarily starting, he's not playing with the first team, unless there's some article on it that I missed.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/70889/cleveland-browns-chris-owens-pushing-for-starting-job

    I mean, it's still really early to say, but just wanted to throw that out there.

  • I thought there were reports that it's likely that Pinkston would start this year over Lauvao and if I am not mistaken he [Pinkston] was a fifth rounder.

    @clevelandbigdawg said:

    I thought there were reports that it's likely that Pinkston would start this year over Lauvao and if I am not mistaken he [Pinkston] was a fifth rounder.

    Right, that is why I had him in there above. He was 5th round.

  • McFadden isn't necessarily starting, he's not playing with the first team, unless there's some article on it that I missed.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/70889/cleveland-browns-chris-owens-pushing-for-starting-job

    I mean, it's still really early to say, but just wanted to throw that out there.

    @vaportrail said:

    McFadden isn't necessarily starting, he's not playing with the first team, unless there's some article on it that I missed.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/70889/cleveland-browns-chris-owens-pushing-for-starting-job

    I mean, it's still really early to say, but just wanted to throw that out there.

    He was listed as the starter on the Ourlads depth chart which I went by. Obviously any number of these starting positions could be tentative.

  • I'll be semi-stunned if McFadden isn't the starter. Skrine is WAY better in the slot and Owens would be a really dirty starter.

  • McFadden isn't necessarily starting, he's not playing with the first team, unless there's some article on it that I missed.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/70889/cleveland-browns-chris-owens-pushing-for-starting-job

    I mean, it's still really early to say, but just wanted to throw that out there.

    @vaportrail said:

    McFadden isn't necessarily starting, he's not playing with the first team, unless there's some article on it that I missed.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/70889/cleveland-browns-chris-owens-pushing-for-starting-job

    I mean, it's still really early to say, but just wanted to throw that out there.

    @the-gipper said:

    He was listed as the starter on the Ourlads depth chart which I went by. Obviously any number of these starting positions could be tentative.

    I think that it is about certain McFadden will be the starter, but he is behind right now due to having to graduate. He missed most of OTA's. Right now the starters are Skine/Owens at practice (they are being swtiched around at CB2 like Pinkston/Lauvou/Greco are at G) and McFadden has been running with the 2nd team defense.

  • @mike-h said:

    Something interesting: I interviewed Chris Ogbonnaya and he said he was spending time at fullback. Going to write up something about that for after we air the podcast.

    Something else kinda interesting: Turner's former FB Jacob Hester (5'11", 235lbs) and Ogbonnaya (6'0", 225lbs) are both excellent pass catchers. Ogbo has an athletic edge there and I think it would be interesting to see him getting some looks there.

    Marecic (6'0", 245lbs), who Chris said is No. 1 on the depth chart still, might not keep a roster spot if the Browns want to keep Lewis, Jackson, Hardesty, Ogbo, Richardson. He certainly hasn't done anything to this point to justify his 4th-round selection.

    I have seen this coming, and would actually love to see Ogby as our FB. The coaches have to see how awful Marecic has played in his few opportunities in the past 2 yrs. He has caught not one damn ball thrown his way in an NFL game, and doesn't give us much as a blocker. I posted a week ago that I could see Marecic gone while keeping all 5 RBs on the roster.

  • @mike-h said:

    Something interesting: I interviewed Chris Ogbonnaya and he said he was spending time at fullback. Going to write up something about that for after we air the podcast.

    Something else kinda interesting: Turner's former FB Jacob Hester (5'11", 235lbs) and Ogbonnaya (6'0", 225lbs) are both excellent pass catchers. Ogbo has an athletic edge there and I think it would be interesting to see him getting some looks there.

    Marecic (6'0", 245lbs), who Chris said is No. 1 on the depth chart still, might not keep a roster spot if the Browns want to keep Lewis, Jackson, Hardesty, Ogbo, Richardson. He certainly hasn't done anything to this point to justify his 4th-round selection.

    Yes, very interesting. Though he is currently listed on this Ourlads depth chart as the starter, that does not mean that he is the starter in the hearts and minds of Chud and Norv. Plus, since he was selected by a prior regime, there would not be, I suspect, any sense of loyalty toward him by these guys, such that if he fails to impress them....as he has failed to impress all of us....there would probably be no hesitation to ditch his ass.

  • @mike-h said:

    Something interesting: I interviewed Chris Ogbonnaya and he said he was spending time at fullback. Going to write up something about that for after we air the podcast.

    Something else kinda interesting: Turner's former FB Jacob Hester (5'11", 235lbs) and Ogbonnaya (6'0", 225lbs) are both excellent pass catchers. Ogbo has an athletic edge there and I think it would be interesting to see him getting some looks there.

    Marecic (6'0", 245lbs), who Chris said is No. 1 on the depth chart still, might not keep a roster spot if the Browns want to keep Lewis, Jackson, Hardesty, Ogbo, Richardson. He certainly hasn't done anything to this point to justify his 4th-round selection.

    I have seen this coming, and would actually love to see Ogby as our FB. The coaches have to see how awful Marecic has played in his few opportunities in the past 2 yrs. He has caught not one damn ball thrown his way in an NFL game, and doesn't give us much as a blocker. I posted a week ago that I could see Marecic gone while keeping all 5 RBs on the roster.

    @thenew23 said:

    I have seen this coming, and would actually love to see Ogby as our FB. The coaches have to see how awful Marecic has played in his few opportunities in the past 2 yrs. He has caught not one damn ball thrown his way in an NFL game, and doesn't give us much as a blocker. I posted a week ago that I could see Marecic gone while keeping all 5 RBs on the roster.

    Does those 5 include Smelley? I still think he is in the mix as a hybrid FB/TE.