Man Of Steel
-
^exactly.

i don't think of her as the ultimate beauty queen but as "man i'd love to F the shit out of this woman!!!" type babe. her class and sophistication overrides all of that and her talent as an actress can not be denied. (although i question her role in HANNAH and other recent ventures).
one of her best films is based on a true story and is worth watching when you have time: VERONICA GUERIN. which is an A+ in my book.
yeah there's something about a woman who is not 'perfect' looking. first they don't come off as being dumb. second who knows, you might get a shot at it? have you seen the hags that are runway models nowadays (except of course victoria's secrect.....but i betcha between them they couldn't pass a fifth grade math or science quiz)?i know cate is australian but some of the prettiest but not perfect woman are coming out of eastern europe now. the russina, the czechs.
yummy. (sorry you commie hating right wingers, but it's true). -
Zombo.
Sorry but in my own personal Valhalla Superman sits at the head of the table.
Everybody I would guess has childhood heroes. You?
WSS
Zombo.
Sorry but in my own personal Valhalla Superman sits at the head of the table.
Everybody I would guess has childhood heroes. You?
WSS
Childhood heroes were Eddie Munster, Underdog and Leroy Kelly.
Zombo
-
I had a number of Childhood Heroes. By Childhood here I am going to limit it to anything that was say up to when I was like 14 years old:
Sports:
Jim Brown
Rocky Colavito
The Beatles
John Wayne
"Live characters:"
Zorro
Davey Crockett
The Lone Ranger
Superman
Sky King
Flash Gordon
The Rifleman (Chuck Conners)
Wyatt Earp (Hugh O'Brien)
Cartoon characters:
Peter Pan
Top Cat
Mighty Mouse
Green Arrow
Johnny Quest.
-
It was meh for Me and the fact they based his family Kansas was a huge "no-no" for Me...Superman is and will always be an Ohioan to Me...The producers really dropped the ball I think and turned superman into some fucked up EMO dude.
It was meh for Me and the fact they based his family Kansas was a huge "no-no" for Me...Superman is and will always be an Ohioan to Me...The producers really dropped the ball I think and turned superman into some fucked up EMO dude.
Uh...yeah...he was always from smallville Kansas despite where the creators were based...
-
Zombo.
Sorry but in my own personal Valhalla Superman sits at the head of the table.
Everybody I would guess has childhood heroes. You?
WSS
Childhood heroes were Eddie Munster, Underdog and Leroy Kelly.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Childhood heroes were Eddie Munster, Underdog and Leroy Kelly.
Zombo
you sure you don't mean heart throbs?
-
Kansas wasn't generally accepted until the late 80s.
WSS
-
Zombo said:
Childhood heroes were Eddie Munster, Underdog and Leroy Kelly.
Zombo
you sure you don't mean heart throbs?
-
Annette Funicello and later Lesley Gore.
WSS
-
Kansas wasn't generally accepted until the late 80s.
WSS
Kansas wasn't generally accepted until the late 80s.
WSS
Really? I didn't know that. I thought Smallville was always considered to be in Kansas. I will defer to your knowledge, obviously.
If it wasn't known to be in Kansas from the 30s to the 80s where was it? Or was it just a generic Midwest US small town?
If so, it could have been Ohio.
Here is Wikipedia discussion of the location of Smallville. And yes, Kansas wasn't a definitive Smallville location until 50 years on into the comic series.
-
Also Smallville isn't that far from Metropolis. So what word Metropolis be? Kansas city? I don't think so.
WSS
-
the ultimate question...ginger or mary ann?
one was like the good girl next door who would be cautious and afraid (tosome people is appealing...hmmm)
OR you could go with the actress who slept her way up to a starring role (so she knwos what she's doing).
HMMMM let me think.
the scared virgin obviously.
-
-
the ultimate question...ginger or mary ann?
one was like the good girl next door who would be cautious and afraid (tosome people is appealing...hmmm)
OR you could go with the actress who slept her way up to a starring role (so she knwos what she's doing).
HMMMM let me think.
the scared virgin obviously.
the ultimate question...ginger or mary ann?
one was like the good girl next door who would be cautious and afraid (tosome people is appealing...hmmm)
OR you could go with the actress who slept her way up to a starring role (so she knwos what she's doing).
HMMMM let me think.
the scared virgin obviously.
Mary Ann in a Bukakke scene with the Gilligan, the Skipper and the Professor. Hell, add in Thurston Howl.
-
Also Smallville isn't that far from Metropolis. So what word Metropolis be? Kansas city? I don't think so.
WSS
Also Smallville isn't that far from Metropolis. So what word Metropolis be? Kansas city? I don't think so.
WSS
Wichita?
How close to the Gale farm would the Kent Farm have been?
And since the creators were from Cleveland, and if Cleveland was the basis for Metropolis, then where would Smallville be?
Maybe Norton?
Or, how about this candidate: small rural town, similar name: Smithville?
-
Was Norton around in the 19 thirties or was it only called Loyal Oak?
I do think that Seagal & Schuster may have patterned some of the skyline buildings on the Cleveland skyline but it's hard to tell since many call buildings of that era look similar.
Of course as the legend has changed and evolved over the years it's hard to be an absolute purist.

WSS
-
Was Norton around in the 19 thirties or was it only called Loyal Oak?
I do think that Seagal & Schuster may have patterned some of the skyline buildings on the Cleveland skyline but it's hard to tell since many call buildings of that era look similar.
Of course as the legend has changed and evolved over the years it's hard to be an absolute purist.

WSS
Was Norton around in the 19 thirties or was it only called Loyal Oak?
Around since 1818
I do think that Seagal & Schuster may have patterned some of the skyline buildings on the Cleveland skyline but it's hard to tell since many call buildings of that era look similar.
Of course as the legend has changed and evolved over the years it's hard to be an absolute purist.

WSS
-
It was meh for Me and the fact they based his family Kansas was a huge "no-no" for Me...Superman is and will always be an Ohioan to Me...The producers really dropped the ball I think and turned superman into some fucked up EMO dude.
Uh...yeah...he was always from smallville Kansas despite where the creators were based...
Uh...yeah...he was always from smallville Kansas despite where the creators were based...
The creators to My knowledge based superman in a small rural farm town in Ohio ...atleast thats what I saw on a documentary about the creation of superman that detailed pretty much how Shuster and Siegel came up with him....I mean Metropolis is basically Cleveland. The Daily Planet was inspired by the Plain Dealer....Afterall..Shuster and Siegal were from Shaker Hts.
-
Uh...yeah...he was always from smallville Kansas despite where the creators were based...
The creators to My knowledge based superman in a small rural farm town in Ohio ...atleast thats what I saw on a documentary about the creation of superman that detailed pretty much how Shuster and Siegel came up with him....I mean Metropolis is basically Cleveland. The Daily Planet was inspired by the Plain Dealer....Afterall..Shuster and Siegal were from Shaker Hts.
The creators to My knowledge based superman in a small rural farm town in Ohio ...atleast thats what I saw on a documentary about the creation of superman that detailed pretty much how Shuster and Siegel came up with him....I mean Metropolis is basically Cleveland. The Daily Planet was inspired by the Plain Dealer....Afterall..Shuster and Siegal were from Shaker Hts.
Actually they were from the Glenville area of Cleveland. Both of their homes are being preserved:
-
Plus, I recommend that you read Brad Meltzer's Book of Lies. A mystery involving the gun that killed Jerry Seigel's father, and how that death led to the creation of Superman.
A very entertaining read.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


