Worked Out With Buster Skrine Today
-
Buster Skrie sucks.
He'll be gone in a years time.
Buster Skrie sucks.
He'll be gone in a years time.
Hate to say it but I agree. The guy plays hard but I just dont think he has enough talent to be consistently competitive in the NFL. He's got speed but that's all I really see. I hope I'm wrong but I in no way saw the ability some of you guys see. Hey if he makes me eat my words though I won't complain.
-
Buster Skrie sucks.
He'll be gone in a years time.
Great...your drunk posting again

-
Buster Skrie sucks.
He'll be gone in a years time.
Hate to say it but I agree. The guy plays hard but I just dont think he has enough talent to be consistently competitive in the NFL. He's got speed but that's all I really see. I hope I'm wrong but I in no way saw the ability some of you guys see. Hey if he makes me eat my words though I won't complain.
Hate to say it but I agree. The guy plays hard but I just dont think he has enough talent to be consistently competitive in the NFL. He's got speed but that's all I really see. I hope I'm wrong but I in no way saw the ability some of you guys see. Hey if he makes me eat my words though I won't complain.
I disagree. I seen Skrine as having "great" talent, blazing speed, and he plays with heart and passion; however, he is hindered by his size and technique. We all know he is slightly undersized, but with regards to technique I mean that he has been able to play aggressive his entire life against HS and college kids, but the bigger WRs in the NFL give him a tough time b/c he cannot play that way against them. He needs to be coached up on footwork, positioning, and pressing the bigger WRs if he wants to be an effective CB2. Even with all the mistakes though, I already see him as a really talented nickel corner who should have a long career in the NFL at that position, but also a guy with potential to be a solid starter...
-
Hate to say it but I agree. The guy plays hard but I just dont think he has enough talent to be consistently competitive in the NFL. He's got speed but that's all I really see. I hope I'm wrong but I in no way saw the ability some of you guys see. Hey if he makes me eat my words though I won't complain.
I disagree. I seen Skrine as having "great" talent, blazing speed, and he plays with heart and passion; however, he is hindered by his size and technique. We all know he is slightly undersized, but with regards to technique I mean that he has been able to play aggressive his entire life against HS and college kids, but the bigger WRs in the NFL give him a tough time b/c he cannot play that way against them. He needs to be coached up on footwork, positioning, and pressing the bigger WRs if he wants to be an effective CB2. Even with all the mistakes though, I already see him as a really talented nickel corner who should have a long career in the NFL at that position, but also a guy with potential to be a solid starter...
I disagree. I seen Skrine as having "great" talent, blazing speed, and he plays with heart and passion; however, he is hindered by his size and technique. We all know he is slightly undersized, but with regards to technique I mean that he has been able to play aggressive his entire life against HS and college kids, but the bigger WRs in the NFL give him a tough time b/c he cannot play that way against them. He needs to be coached up on footwork, positioning, and pressing the bigger WRs if he wants to be an effective CB2. Even with all the mistakes though, I already see him as a really talented nickel corner who should have a long career in the NFL at that position, but also a guy with potential to be a solid starter...
Technique can be taught- 4.3 speed can't. Hope the guy has a breakout year.

-
If the guy has to play with perfect technique just to be able to effectively cover a WR2, he's not a guy with "great" talent.
If we get even one corner with size and only decent cover abilities, it's curtains for Skrine.
Speed isn't all. Ask the Raiders how drafting for speed has worked out.
-
He sucks, cut him now. If we need him we can sign him in week 6 becauce knowbody wants his sorry ass
-
If the guy has to play with perfect technique just to be able to effectively cover a WR2, he's not a guy with "great" talent.
If we get even one corner with size and only decent cover abilities, it's curtains for Skrine.
Speed isn't all. Ask the Raiders how drafting for speed has worked out.
If the guy has to play with perfect technique just to be able to effectively cover a WR2, he's not a guy with "great" talent.
If we get even one corner with size and only decent cover abilities, it's curtains for Skrine.
Speed isn't all. Ask the Raiders how drafting for speed has worked out.
Not sure how you define "great" but that is simply semantics my friend.
His technique was so poor last season, that a couple simple improvements could make him worthy of being a CB2. He does not have to be "perfect" as you say.
Also, what's with knocking WR2's.... here are some we'll be playing against this year: Brian Hartline, Jacoby Jones X2, Cordarelle Patterson, Mohamed Sanu X2, T.J. Graham, Nate Burleson, Randall Cobb, Jonathan Baldwin, Emmanuel Sanders X2, Cecil Shorts, Danny Amendola, Alshon Jeffrey, and Stephen Hill
Not All-Stars, but no slouches either.
He sucks, cut him now. If we need him we can sign him in week 6 becauce knowbody wants his sorry ass
And you... incorrect...
-
Skrine's a class act and a hard worker. He's always played great in the nickel as a 3rd DB. However, he is not a starter, but a very good 3rd DB. With as much passing thats done in the NFL these days you need a player like Buster and it doesn't hurt he can return kicks if someone goes down.
-
well we're gonna need production from someone back there and my thinking as a 2CB it'll be him.
i mean who else really do we have that's played one snap in the NFL?
-
Hate to say it but I agree. The guy plays hard but I just dont think he has enough talent to be consistently competitive in the NFL. He's got speed but that's all I really see. I hope I'm wrong but I in no way saw the ability some of you guys see. Hey if he makes me eat my words though I won't complain.
I disagree. I seen Skrine as having "great" talent, blazing speed, and he plays with heart and passion; however, he is hindered by his size and technique. We all know he is slightly undersized, but with regards to technique I mean that he has been able to play aggressive his entire life against HS and college kids, but the bigger WRs in the NFL give him a tough time b/c he cannot play that way against them. He needs to be coached up on footwork, positioning, and pressing the bigger WRs if he wants to be an effective CB2. Even with all the mistakes though, I already see him as a really talented nickel corner who should have a long career in the NFL at that position, but also a guy with potential to be a solid starter...
I disagree. I seen Skrine as having "great" talent, blazing speed, and he plays with heart and passion; however, he is hindered by his size and technique. We all know he is slightly undersized, but with regards to technique I mean that he has been able to play aggressive his entire life against HS and college kids, but the bigger WRs in the NFL give him a tough time b/c he cannot play that way against them. He needs to be coached up on footwork, positioning, and pressing the bigger WRs if he wants to be an effective CB2. Even with all the mistakes though, I already see him as a really talented nickel corner who should have a long career in the NFL at that position, but also a guy with potential to be a solid starter...
Nice post. I agree with everything you say 100% percent except that he has potential to be a starter. He's been in the NFL for what 3 seasons and been good in the nickel since day one. Im sure he'll be playing nickel this season and doing it in lock down fashion.
-
well we're gonna need production from someone back there and my thinking as a 2CB it'll be him.
i mean who else really do we have that's played one snap in the NFL?
well we're gonna need production from someone back there and my thinking as a 2CB it'll be him.
i mean who else really do we have that's played one snap in the NFL?
Leon McFadden will be the starter, he has the tools just lacks top end speed. but i agree this team needed to add a veteran corner maybe they still will at some point.
-
If the guy has to play with perfect technique just to be able to effectively cover a WR2, he's not a guy with "great" talent.
If we get even one corner with size and only decent cover abilities, it's curtains for Skrine.
Speed isn't all. Ask the Raiders how drafting for speed has worked out.
Not sure how you define "great" but that is simply semantics my friend.
His technique was so poor last season, that a couple simple improvements could make him worthy of being a CB2. He does not have to be "perfect" as you say.
Also, what's with knocking WR2's.... here are some we'll be playing against this year: Brian Hartline, Jacoby Jones X2, Cordarelle Patterson, Mohamed Sanu X2, T.J. Graham, Nate Burleson, Randall Cobb, Jonathan Baldwin, Emmanuel Sanders X2, Cecil Shorts, Danny Amendola, Alshon Jeffrey, and Stephen Hill
Not All-Stars, but no slouches either.
He sucks, cut him now. If we need him we can sign him in week 6 becauce knowbody wants his sorry ass
And you... incorrect...
Not sure how you define "great" but that is simply semantics my friend.
His technique was so poor last season, that a couple simple improvements could make him worthy of being a CB2. He does not have to be "perfect" as you say.
Also, what's with knocking WR2's.... here are some we'll be playing against this year: Brian Hartline, Jacoby Jones X2, Cordarelle Patterson, Mohamed Sanu X2, T.J. Graham, Nate Burleson, Randall Cobb, Jonathan Baldwin, Emmanuel Sanders X2, Cecil Shorts, Danny Amendola, Alshon Jeffrey, and Stephen Hill
Not All-Stars, but no slouches either.
And you... incorrect...
I can tell you that the words "Skrine" and "great" don't belong in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence.
The fact is that he'd have to be technically perfect to overcome his size and talent deficit.
-
Skrine's a class act and a hard worker. He's always played great in the nickel as a 3rd DB. However, he is not a starter, but a very good 3rd DB. With as much passing thats done in the NFL these days you need a player like Buster and it doesn't hurt he can return kicks if someone goes down.
Skrine's a class act and a hard worker. He's always played great in the nickel as a 3rd DB. However, he is not a starter, but a very good 3rd DB. With as much passing thats done in the NFL these days you need a player like Buster and it doesn't hurt he can return kicks if someone goes down.
not to mention with Cribbs gone he's now the best gunner on the team.
currently, his greatest strength technically is his sure tackling. he has outstanding quickness, agility, and make up speed...which can erase a lot of mistakes in college but in the pros he still needs to tighten his game up some.
he needs to look for the ball more as he relies almost completely upon disruption once the ball arrives. he also needs to trust his speed more and has a tendency to give too much cushion before the snap.
his tenacity on ST coverages along w his current value at nickle alone will be enough to keep him on the 53, buying him time and the opportunity to potentially improve his coverage on the outside.
-
I like Skrine, he has real quickness and good instincts, he was a good find by Fatty Arbuckle.
He has already fared better than most on this list ... choose your toast.
2013 3 6 68 Leon McFadden San Diego State 2013 6 7 175 Jamoris Slaughter Notre Dame 2012 7 38 245 Trevin Wade Arizona 2011 5 6 137 Buster Skrine Tennessee-Chattanooga 2011 7 45 248 Eric Hagg Nebraska 2010 1 7 7 Joe Haden Florida 2010 2 6 38 T.J. Ward Oregon 2010 5 29 160 Larry Asante Nebraska 2009 6 4 177 Don Carey Norfolk State 2009 6 18 191 Coye Francies San Jose State 2007 2 21 53 Eric Wright Nevada-Las Vegas 2007 5 3 140 Brandon McDonald Memphis 2006 5 20 152 DeMario Minter Georgia 2006 7 14 222 Justin Hamilton Virginia Tech 2005 2 2 34 Brodney Pool Oklahoma 2005 4 2 103 Antonio Perkins Oklahoma 2004 2 27 59 Sean Jones Georgia 2003 3 20 84 Chris Crocker Marshall 2003 5 17 152 Michael Lehan Minnesota 2001 4 2 97 Anthony Henry South Florida 2001 6 2 165 Michael Jameson Texas A&M 2000 4 1 95 Lewis Sanders Maryland 2000 5 1 130 Anthony Malbrough Texas Tech 2000 5 17 146 Lamar Chapman Kansas State 2000 7 19 225 Rashidi Barnes Colorado 1999 3 1 62 Daylon McCutcheon USC 1999 3 15 76 Marquis Smith California -
I like Skrine, he has real quickness and good instincts, he was a good find by Fatty Arbuckle.
He has already fared better than most on this list ... choose your toast.
2013 3 6 68 Leon McFadden San Diego State 2013 6 7 175 Jamoris Slaughter Notre Dame 2012 7 38 245 Trevin Wade Arizona 2011 5 6 137 Buster Skrine Tennessee-Chattanooga 2011 7 45 248 Eric Hagg Nebraska 2010 1 7 7 Joe Haden Florida 2010 2 6 38 T.J. Ward Oregon 2010 5 29 160 Larry Asante Nebraska 2009 6 4 177 Don Carey Norfolk State 2009 6 18 191 Coye Francies San Jose State 2007 2 21 53 Eric Wright Nevada-Las Vegas 2007 5 3 140 Brandon McDonald Memphis 2006 5 20 152 DeMario Minter Georgia 2006 7 14 222 Justin Hamilton Virginia Tech 2005 2 2 34 Brodney Pool Oklahoma 2005 4 2 103 Antonio Perkins Oklahoma 2004 2 27 59 Sean Jones Georgia 2003 3 20 84 Chris Crocker Marshall 2003 5 17 152 Michael Lehan Minnesota 2001 4 2 97 Anthony Henry South Florida 2001 6 2 165 Michael Jameson Texas A&M 2000 4 1 95 Lewis Sanders Maryland 2000 5 1 130 Anthony Malbrough Texas Tech 2000 5 17 146 Lamar Chapman Kansas State 2000 7 19 225 Rashidi Barnes Colorado 1999 3 1 62 Daylon McCutcheon USC 1999 3 15 76 Marquis Smith CaliforniaZombo said:
I like Skrine, he has real quickness and good instincts, he was a good find by Fatty Arbuckle.
He has already fared better than most on this list ... choose your toast.
2013 3 6 68 Leon McFadden San Diego State 2013 6 7 175 Jamoris Slaughter Notre Dame 2012 7 38 245 Trevin Wade Arizona 2011 5 6 137 Buster Skrine Tennessee-Chattanooga 2011 7 45 248 Eric Hagg Nebraska 2010 1 7 7 Joe Haden Florida 2010 2 6 38 T.J. Ward Oregon 2010 5 29 160 Larry Asante Nebraska 2009 6 4 177 Don Carey Norfolk State 2009 6 18 191 Coye Francies San Jose State 2007 2 21 53 Eric Wright Nevada-Las Vegas 2007 5 3 140 Brandon McDonald Memphis 2006 5 20 152 DeMario Minter Georgia 2006 7 14 222 Justin Hamilton Virginia Tech 2005 2 2 34 Brodney Pool Oklahoma 2005 4 2 103 Antonio Perkins Oklahoma 2004 2 27 59 Sean Jones Georgia 2003 3 20 84 Chris Crocker Marshall 2003 5 17 152 Michael Lehan Minnesota 2001 4 2 97 Anthony Henry South Florida 2001 6 2 165 Michael Jameson Texas A&M 2000 4 1 95 Lewis Sanders Maryland 2000 5 1 130 Anthony Malbrough Texas Tech 2000 5 17 146 Lamar Chapman Kansas State 2000 7 19 225 Rashidi Barnes Colorado 1999 3 1 62 Daylon McCutcheon USC 1999 3 15 76 Marquis Smith CaliforniaI have bolded those DBs who have at minimum been more productive for the Browns than Skrine.
-
Zombo said:
I like Skrine, he has real quickness and good instincts, he was a good find by Fatty Arbuckle.
He has already fared better than most on this list ... choose your toast.
2013 3 6 68 Leon McFadden San Diego State 2013 6 7 175 Jamoris Slaughter Notre Dame 2012 7 38 245 Trevin Wade Arizona 2011 5 6 137 Buster Skrine Tennessee-Chattanooga 2011 7 45 248 Eric Hagg Nebraska 2010 1 7 7 Joe Haden Florida 2010 2 6 38 T.J. Ward Oregon 2010 5 29 160 Larry Asante Nebraska 2009 6 4 177 Don Carey Norfolk State 2009 6 18 191 Coye Francies San Jose State 2007 2 21 53 Eric Wright Nevada-Las Vegas 2007 5 3 140 Brandon McDonald Memphis 2006 5 20 152 DeMario Minter Georgia 2006 7 14 222 Justin Hamilton Virginia Tech 2005 2 2 34 Brodney Pool Oklahoma 2005 4 2 103 Antonio Perkins Oklahoma 2004 2 27 59 Sean Jones Georgia 2003 3 20 84 Chris Crocker Marshall 2003 5 17 152 Michael Lehan Minnesota 2001 4 2 97 Anthony Henry South Florida 2001 6 2 165 Michael Jameson Texas A&M 2000 4 1 95 Lewis Sanders Maryland 2000 5 1 130 Anthony Malbrough Texas Tech 2000 5 17 146 Lamar Chapman Kansas State 2000 7 19 225 Rashidi Barnes Colorado 1999 3 1 62 Daylon McCutcheon USC 1999 3 15 76 Marquis Smith CaliforniaI have bolded those DBs who have at minimum been more productive for the Browns than Skrine.
I have bolded those DBs who have at minimum been more productive for the Browns than Skrine.
That makes for depressing reading

-
It was funny. He was working out with his brother and a friend. I was talking to him under the tent and he asked what I did for a living. I am a teacher and coach. And he said that is awesome and he had went to the high school I was working out at. I asked what he did and he said he played for the Cleveland Browns. I did not believe him at first, but then he told me his name and I remember a bunch of Buffalo fans wanted him in the draft that year. He was very complimentary of the Bills and said CJ Spiller was one of the best players he has played against. Thought that was a pretty interesting comment. He is built like Spiller but is about 20 LBS lighter than him. Buster seems really smart and all business. He was not wearing any flashy bling or anything and his car was a nice sporty Chevy car... not sure the make or model- he does not seem to spend outside his means. I was impressed that he acted like a real person and was not above me to have a nice 5 minute convo with me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login