Skip to content

Bynum In Cleveland Today!

The Cavs Board
12 6 1.4k
  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #3

    2 year 24 mill offer is really a one year with a team option, payback for taking a chance. Also, some of it is incentive based. Knees must've checked out pretty well at Cleveland Clinic.

    Will it end up we got played and he wants to play in Atlanta? Could be. But you take your shots. Then sign Kirilenko, I'm betting.

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I'm a 76ers fan. Have fun with that. Guy won't even play a game and he's just going to collect millions.

  • B Browns57 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    With the signing of Bynum tonight a healthy Cavs team this season might have the best rotation in the NBA. Just the top 10.

    Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Alonzo Gee, Dion Waiters, Andrew Bynum, Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev, Anderson Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Tyler Zeller.

    No excuses Mike Brown!

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I love the signing, and it it'll be fun watching games that matter again next year.

    Just putting this out there ... With a big man and a point guard in place, and lot of young talent ... the Cavs are going to look REAL tempting to lebron when he is a free agent next year ... he bring his career full circle with redemption

    Zombo

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Cavs must've felt pretty good about the knees. I'm not worried about the attitude because frankly his career is on the line. If he can't get on the court or causes problems, Cavs don't pick up that option and he's gone with only $6 mill, same as we paid Walton. It's just such a great gamble.

    I already thought the Jarrett Jack signing was amazing. He's probably the single best third guard in the NBA and a lot of teams wanted him. He got paid and rightfully so. Like Waiters, he can play both spots which puts you in a position of a strong three-guard rotation with little need to go deeper. Irving-Waiters-Jack is among the best in the entire NBA. When Irving sits, you don't hate having Waiters and Jack at the guards at all. Both guys can shoot and get to the rim. I'm hearing the Cavs will keep Miles as a pure 2, which is good... but I don't think he'll see a ton of minutes.

    Right now at the 4/5: Bynum, Varajeo, Thompson, Bennett, Zeller. Regular rotations usually include no more than 4 bigs, but I'm reading that the Cavs want to take things slow with Bynum, keep his minutes down, let Andy play center for 20-25 a night. That means Thompson and Bennett are taking turns at the 4... and Zeller might be in some trouble until we're confident in Bynum's health and can move Varajeo. I like Zeller a lot but he needed to get bigger and stronger. Curious to see if he did.

    The 3 looks to be Earl Clark, Sergey, and Gee (under contract). Interesting trio. I love having a shooter at that spot who can hang around the arc waiting for Kyrie, Waiters, or Jack to penetrate and kick... so that's Sergey. Clark is really coming along as a 3-point shooter and he has his mentor back.

    If Bynum looks like a guy who can play for a few years after this one, I could see the Lebron thing happening. They'd be the title favorites from day one.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #8

    If we keep Andy, he & Bynum would create quite a pair to give each other a breather & ease the wear & tear on themselves. I love this acquisition!

    As always, the health of our players is a concern, but I remember the Cavs sticking by Z when many of us (me included) thought he was done. Time will tell, but this can be VERY interesting.

    Mike

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I was barely thinking about Zeller until I saw the highlights of last night's summer league game. Sure, Waiters was a man among boys and probably shouldn't even be there... but Zeller looked filled out and played a really good game (11/9). He's a viable player for sure. If/when we move Varajeo, we'll still have Bynum/Zeller/Thompson/Clark/Bennett to give us 4/5 minutes.

    The 4/5 rotation and 1/2 rotation are playoff caliber. How do I feel about the 3, with Clark, Karasev, and Gee? I've been seeing Karasev called a 2 more often lately, but I don't suppose it's all that relevant. Does seem we're keeping a space open for Lebron.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Greg Oden is taking his ugly old mug to South Beach.

    Zombo

  • With the signing of Bynum tonight a healthy Cavs team this season might have the best rotation in the NBA. Just the top 10.

    Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Alonzo Gee, Dion Waiters, Andrew Bynum, Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev, Anderson Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Tyler Zeller.

    No excuses Mike Brown!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @browns57 said:

    With the signing of Bynum tonight a healthy Cavs team this season might have the best rotation in the NBA. Just the top 10. Kyrie Irving, Anthony Bennett, Alonzo Gee, Dion Waiters, Andrew Bynum, Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev, Anderson Varejao, Tristan Thompson, Tyler Zeller. No excuses Mike Brown!

    and a shit coach in Mike Brown leading the Cavs to another coulda,shoulda,woulda...blech

  • I love the signing, and it it'll be fun watching games that matter again next year.

    Just putting this out there ... With a big man and a point guard in place, and lot of young talent ... the Cavs are going to look REAL tempting to lebron when he is a free agent next year ... he bring his career full circle with redemption

    Zombo

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Zombo said:

    I love the signing, and it it'll be fun watching games that matter again next year.

    Just putting this out there ... With a big man and a point guard in place, and lot of young talent ... the Cavs are going to look REAL tempting to lebron when he is a free agent next year ... he bring his career full circle with redemption

    Zombo

    I dont even want the cocksucker back Zombo...