Skip to content

Free Agents Still Out There

The Browns Board
76 13 1.8k
  • @dab7291993 said:

    I'd like to see us add a safety of some sort, even though there isn't an appealing one on that list.

    We should pull the trigger on one of the experienced ones just for depth.

    Adding a guy like Kerry Rhodes would not be a detriment to the development of our younger players nor would it make our starting roster weaker.

    Face it: the trio of Gipson/Bademosi/Slaughter isn't going to be tearing up the league this year. They have the potential to be good players, I will admit it. But this year is a learning year for all involved, plus one is returning from major surgery.

    Rhodes is an older vet who still has played at a competitive level. ProFootballFocus has him rated as high as 4th in production for the previous season. He is a solid defender in both the run game as well as the pass and he is a vet of Horton's system.

    He can come in and become the starter from day 1 and mentor these younger players on what it takes to be a safety in this system. With the way Horton utilizes different personnel groupings, there could be times when Gipson plays nearly 50% of the snaps.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Adding a guy like Kerry Rhodes would not be a detriment to the development of our younger players nor would it make our starting roster weaker.

    Face it: the trio of Gipson/Bademosi/Slaughter isn't going to be tearing up the league this year. They have the potential to be good players, I will admit it. But this year is a learning year for all involved, plus one is returning from major surgery.

    Rhodes is an older vet who still has played at a competitive level. ProFootballFocus has him rated as high as 4th in production for the previous season. He is a solid defender in both the run game as well as the pass and he is a vet of Horton's system.

    He can come in and become the starter from day 1 and mentor these younger players on what it takes to be a safety in this system. With the way Horton utilizes different personnel groupings, there could be times when Gipson plays nearly 50% of the snaps.

    Again, if Horton wanted him... he'd be here. There's probably a reason we haven't signed him, or even heard of our team having any interest. I doubt they see Rhodes as any sort of upgrade over the guys we have. But, if he does end up signing here then it would only be for the reason you stated... as a stop-gap/mentor... I just don't see the need... that's what coaching is for...

  • @dab7291993 said:

    I'd like to see us add a safety of some sort, even though there isn't an appealing one on that list.

    We should pull the trigger on one of the experienced ones just for depth.

    Adding a guy like Kerry Rhodes would not be a detriment to the development of our younger players nor would it make our starting roster weaker.

    Face it: the trio of Gipson/Bademosi/Slaughter isn't going to be tearing up the league this year. They have the potential to be good players, I will admit it. But this year is a learning year for all involved, plus one is returning from major surgery.

    Rhodes is an older vet who still has played at a competitive level. ProFootballFocus has him rated as high as 4th in production for the previous season. He is a solid defender in both the run game as well as the pass and he is a vet of Horton's system.

    He can come in and become the starter from day 1 and mentor these younger players on what it takes to be a safety in this system. With the way Horton utilizes different personnel groupings, there could be times when Gipson plays nearly 50% of the snaps.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Adding a guy like Kerry Rhodes would not be a detriment to the development of our younger players nor would it make our starting roster weaker.

    Face it: the trio of Gipson/Bademosi/Slaughter isn't going to be tearing up the league this year. They have the potential to be good players, I will admit it. But this year is a learning year for all involved, plus one is returning from major surgery.

    Rhodes is an older vet who still has played at a competitive level. ProFootballFocus has him rated as high as 4th in production for the previous season. He is a solid defender in both the run game as well as the pass and he is a vet of Horton's system.

    He can come in and become the starter from day 1 and mentor these younger players on what it takes to be a safety in this system. With the way Horton utilizes different personnel groupings, there could be times when Gipson plays nearly 50% of the snaps.

    Makes sense....but then you bump heads with that apparent hard fast 30 year old rule. I don't know if this guy is getting offers that he is turning down or what. I suspect he will go whereever the cashola is greatest. So, yea, maybe it will take a training camp injury to get a lot of these guys signed.

    I remember the biggest mistake the Browns have probably made since 1999: They sign LeCharles Bentley to start at center and trade away Jeff Faine in anticipation of Bentley having a long productive career for the Browns. A one training camp play career is what he had, and that left the Browns stuck with no decent center. Luckily, in the next year or so they got Alex Mack.

    So, yes, getting depth is a good thing.

  • I'm guessing if Braylon is still around his knees are still messed up pretty bad. They've been a major reason for his decline and have required surgery. Team's aren't going to look to a older WR with knee problems unless they're desperate. Hopefully someone picks him up though.

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm guessing if Braylon is still around his knees are still messed up pretty bad. They've been a major reason for his decline and have required surgery. Team's aren't going to look to a older WR with knee problems unless they're desperate. Hopefully someone picks him up though.

    Actually, I think Braylon should go back to Michigan, get his degree from that fine institution, and go on with the rest of his life. (and yes, I am being serious)

  • Couch, I totally get where you're coming from on Rhodes. I don't completely agree that it isn't a detriment. You don't sign Rhodes to be a backup. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he's still available: At his age, with his stats, he wants assurance that he's a starter if healthy.

    The Browns are working the plan. They don't want to sign 30+ veterans that slot in front of younger guys they really like. And the Browns really do like both Gipson and Bademosi. Both guys are faster, younger, and more athletic than Rhodes. Either needs to play to learn and have a chance to become a long-term starter. On top of that, Slaughter is said to be 100% and working out with no restrictions.

    Here's the thing: All three of those guys are gonna be on the roster. Slaughter would've been a 3rd round pick at worst without the injury. Bademosi runs a 4.39. Gipson played really good football in the actual NFL last year. I don't know how many safeties a team usually keeps but along with Ward, that's four.

  • Given how Bademosi performed on special teams, and he seems to be taking over as main gunner, would he be a sensible backup to Ward at SS if he goes down? Not too sure how the responsibilities differ that much, but as far as I see it SS basically just needs to be a big tackler with some ability in pass defence - sounds like Bademosi?

  • Bademosi's appeal is his speed (4.39) and that he's a converted corner, so he can cover in a passing league. He's obviously willing to hit, giving his special teams ability, but I think his speed and coverage ability are what have the Browns so excited about him.

    There's a lot of young promising talent at safety. Doubt we'll be worrying much about it once the pads go on. We'll find something entirely unexpected to worry about!!

  • Couch, I totally get where you're coming from on Rhodes. I don't completely agree that it isn't a detriment. You don't sign Rhodes to be a backup. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he's still available: At his age, with his stats, he wants assurance that he's a starter if healthy.

    The Browns are working the plan. They don't want to sign 30+ veterans that slot in front of younger guys they really like. And the Browns really do like both Gipson and Bademosi. Both guys are faster, younger, and more athletic than Rhodes. Either needs to play to learn and have a chance to become a long-term starter. On top of that, Slaughter is said to be 100% and working out with no restrictions.

    Here's the thing: All three of those guys are gonna be on the roster. Slaughter would've been a 3rd round pick at worst without the injury. Bademosi runs a 4.39. Gipson played really good football in the actual NFL last year. I don't know how many safeties a team usually keeps but along with Ward, that's four.

    @shep said:

    Couch, I totally get where you're coming from on Rhodes. I don't completely agree that it isn't a detriment. You don't sign Rhodes to be a backup. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he's still available: At his age, with his stats, he wants assurance that he's a starter if healthy.

    The Browns are working the plan. They don't want to sign 30+ veterans that slot in front of younger guys they really like. And the Browns really do like both Gipson and Bademosi. Both guys are faster, younger, and more athletic than Rhodes. Either needs to play to learn and have a chance to become a long-term starter. On top of that, Slaughter is said to be 100% and working out with no restrictions.

    Here's the thing: All three of those guys are gonna be on the roster. Slaughter would've been a 3rd round pick at worst without the injury. Bademosi runs a 4.39. Gipson played really good football in the actual NFL last year. I don't know how many safeties a team usually keeps but along with Ward, that's four.

    I believe that, and you can call it however you see it here, Rhodes is waiting on the right offer from us.

    He has stated that there are four teams in the mix. There's not a playoff team from last year that is hurting for a safety, so based off roster projections I would say the four teams are Cleveland, Carolina, Minnesota and NYJ. Carolina is reportedly on the verge of signing Quinton Mikell. I don't forsee Rhodes and Ryan reuniting, Ryan isn't one to admit he's made mistakes nor are most NFL players.

    That leaves Cleveland and Minnesota. Rhodes called Horton his "right-hand man", saying he would frequently ask his advice on different things. Add to that Cleveland is becoming a "hip" team, for lack of a better word. Our roster is the youngest in the league, we have a young innovative head coach who did wonders with Newton as a rookie, and a fiesty, young defense that is run by a guy who blitzes more than anyone else in the league. Our owner is brand new (and in trouble with the law) and were currently going through what looks to be a big makeover in both the stadium and in attire.

    If I were a 30 year old safety looking to get away from swirling rumors and accusations about my sexual orientation, I would pick Cleveland.

    Rhodes can come in and be the automatic starter this season. Gipson et. al can learn behind him. The upside is there for them but they still haven't proven to be anything yet. Rhodes has.

    Having a safety who's consistently performed at a high level makes our defense instantly better. Especially when that guy is mired in our current system and has nabbed 8 picks and 150-some tackles between two seasons.

    It's not like signing Rhodes means the careers of the other safeties are over. Bademosi will hang on for two years because he's so damn fast we can't let him go. He can be a good rotational corner/safety/special teams player while he's waiting in the wings. Gipson, of course, would be Rhodes' backup. I peg Slaughter to be a rotational player for the next couple seasons anyway, splitting time at both SS and FS.

    When all is said and done, I could see Rhodes performing for two years then Slaughter taking over at full time FS opposite Ward.

  • @shep said:

    Couch, I totally get where you're coming from on Rhodes. I don't completely agree that it isn't a detriment. You don't sign Rhodes to be a backup. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he's still available: At his age, with his stats, he wants assurance that he's a starter if healthy.

    The Browns are working the plan. They don't want to sign 30+ veterans that slot in front of younger guys they really like. And the Browns really do like both Gipson and Bademosi. Both guys are faster, younger, and more athletic than Rhodes. Either needs to play to learn and have a chance to become a long-term starter. On top of that, Slaughter is said to be 100% and working out with no restrictions.

    Here's the thing: All three of those guys are gonna be on the roster. Slaughter would've been a 3rd round pick at worst without the injury. Bademosi runs a 4.39. Gipson played really good football in the actual NFL last year. I don't know how many safeties a team usually keeps but along with Ward, that's four.

    I believe that, and you can call it however you see it here, Rhodes is waiting on the right offer from us.

    He has stated that there are four teams in the mix. There's not a playoff team from last year that is hurting for a safety, so based off roster projections I would say the four teams are Cleveland, Carolina, Minnesota and NYJ. Carolina is reportedly on the verge of signing Quinton Mikell. I don't forsee Rhodes and Ryan reuniting, Ryan isn't one to admit he's made mistakes nor are most NFL players.

    That leaves Cleveland and Minnesota. Rhodes called Horton his "right-hand man", saying he would frequently ask his advice on different things. Add to that Cleveland is becoming a "hip" team, for lack of a better word. Our roster is the youngest in the league, we have a young innovative head coach who did wonders with Newton as a rookie, and a fiesty, young defense that is run by a guy who blitzes more than anyone else in the league. Our owner is brand new (and in trouble with the law) and were currently going through what looks to be a big makeover in both the stadium and in attire.

    If I were a 30 year old safety looking to get away from swirling rumors and accusations about my sexual orientation, I would pick Cleveland.

    Rhodes can come in and be the automatic starter this season. Gipson et. al can learn behind him. The upside is there for them but they still haven't proven to be anything yet. Rhodes has.

    Having a safety who's consistently performed at a high level makes our defense instantly better. Especially when that guy is mired in our current system and has nabbed 8 picks and 150-some tackles between two seasons.

    It's not like signing Rhodes means the careers of the other safeties are over. Bademosi will hang on for two years because he's so damn fast we can't let him go. He can be a good rotational corner/safety/special teams player while he's waiting in the wings. Gipson, of course, would be Rhodes' backup. I peg Slaughter to be a rotational player for the next couple seasons anyway, splitting time at both SS and FS.

    When all is said and done, I could see Rhodes performing for two years then Slaughter taking over at full time FS opposite Ward.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I believe that, and you can call it however you see it here, Rhodes is waiting on the right offer from us.

    He has stated that there are four teams in the mix. There's not a playoff team from last year that is hurting for a safety, so based off roster projections I would say the four teams are Cleveland, Carolina, Minnesota and NYJ. Carolina is reportedly on the verge of signing Quinton Mikell. I don't forsee Rhodes and Ryan reuniting, Ryan isn't one to admit he's made mistakes nor are most NFL players.

    That leaves Cleveland and Minnesota. Rhodes called Horton his "right-hand man", saying he would frequently ask his advice on different things. Add to that Cleveland is becoming a "hip" team, for lack of a better word. Our roster is the youngest in the league, we have a young innovative head coach who did wonders with Newton as a rookie, and a fiesty, young defense that is run by a guy who blitzes more than anyone else in the league. Our owner is brand new (and in trouble with the law) and were currently going through what looks to be a big makeover in both the stadium and in attire.

    If I were a 30 year old safety looking to get away from swirling rumors and accusations about my sexual orientation, I would pick Cleveland.

    Rhodes can come in and be the automatic starter this season. Gipson et. al can learn behind him. The upside is there for them but they still haven't proven to be anything yet. Rhodes has.

    Having a safety who's consistently performed at a high level makes our defense instantly better. Especially when that guy is mired in our current system and has nabbed 8 picks and 150-some tackles between two seasons.

    It's not like signing Rhodes means the careers of the other safeties are over. Bademosi will hang on for two years because he's so damn fast we can't let him go. He can be a good rotational corner/safety/special teams player while he's waiting in the wings. Gipson, of course, would be Rhodes' backup. I peg Slaughter to be a rotational player for the next couple seasons anyway, splitting time at both SS and FS.

    When all is said and done, I could see Rhodes performing for two years then Slaughter taking over at full time FS opposite Ward.

    Well, again, that all sounds like a decent plan. What would be holding it up? em oh en ee wy?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I believe that, and you can call it however you see it here, Rhodes is waiting on the right offer from us.

    He has stated that there are four teams in the mix. There's not a playoff team from last year that is hurting for a safety, so based off roster projections I would say the four teams are Cleveland, Carolina, Minnesota and NYJ. Carolina is reportedly on the verge of signing Quinton Mikell. I don't forsee Rhodes and Ryan reuniting, Ryan isn't one to admit he's made mistakes nor are most NFL players.

    That leaves Cleveland and Minnesota. Rhodes called Horton his "right-hand man", saying he would frequently ask his advice on different things. Add to that Cleveland is becoming a "hip" team, for lack of a better word. Our roster is the youngest in the league, we have a young innovative head coach who did wonders with Newton as a rookie, and a fiesty, young defense that is run by a guy who blitzes more than anyone else in the league. Our owner is brand new (and in trouble with the law) and were currently going through what looks to be a big makeover in both the stadium and in attire.

    If I were a 30 year old safety looking to get away from swirling rumors and accusations about my sexual orientation, I would pick Cleveland.

    Rhodes can come in and be the automatic starter this season. Gipson et. al can learn behind him. The upside is there for them but they still haven't proven to be anything yet. Rhodes has.

    Having a safety who's consistently performed at a high level makes our defense instantly better. Especially when that guy is mired in our current system and has nabbed 8 picks and 150-some tackles between two seasons.

    It's not like signing Rhodes means the careers of the other safeties are over. Bademosi will hang on for two years because he's so damn fast we can't let him go. He can be a good rotational corner/safety/special teams player while he's waiting in the wings. Gipson, of course, would be Rhodes' backup. I peg Slaughter to be a rotational player for the next couple seasons anyway, splitting time at both SS and FS.

    When all is said and done, I could see Rhodes performing for two years then Slaughter taking over at full time FS opposite Ward.

    Well, again, that all sounds like a decent plan. What would be holding it up? em oh en ee wy?

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, again, that all sounds like a decent plan. What would be holding it up? em oh en ee wy?

    Yes. I think Rhodes is looking for a something we don't want to offer.

    As is the case in every negotiation. I think we've proved we're not gonna overpay for talent.

  • Just a bad idea. Use the stop gap till the young talent is in their last years of their contracts, with no playing experience. Not a good way to develop talent or team. Stopgaps are great for contenders....which we are not.

    Rhodes isn't getting better at this point, but gipson, bademosi and slaughter are or will. No reason to waste a year or 2 on a has been.

  • Just a bad idea. Use the stop gap till the young talent is in their last years of their contracts, with no playing experience. Not a good way to develop talent or team. Stopgaps are great for contenders....which we are not.

    Rhodes isn't getting better at this point, but gipson, bademosi and slaughter are or will. No reason to waste a year or 2 on a has been.

    @choco said:

    Just a bad idea. Use the stop gap till the young talent is in their last years of their contracts, with no playing experience. Not a good way to develop talent or team. Stopgaps are great for contenders....which we are not.

    Rhodes isn't getting better at this point, but gipson, bademosi and slaughter are or will. No reason to waste a year or 2 on a has been.

    Rhodes has more interceptions in one game than Gipson and Bademosi have had in their entire career and is just as old as our starting QB. By that reasoning, Weeden is on his way out as well.

    Every season everyone says "such and such move is great for a contending team, which we aren't".

    How about we make moves that contending teams do make? We've added a plethora of young talent for cheap, but at the end of the day we still have two safeties who have proven nothing and a third who's a rookie coming off a nasty injury.

    By all accounts by writers outside of Cleveland, Gipson isn't anything special. I tend to trust the outside perspective a little more than the biased beat reporters everyone else quotes.

    Put a legitate starter back there, and if Gipson beats him out it will mean he earned it. If not, we still have a legitimate starter.

    I'm sorry, but winning the battle between Slaughter/Bademosi/Gipson isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the starting job. In that matchup, it's just about being slightly less shitty than the guy behind you.

    At the end of the day, it's about fielding the best player at every position. You field the players that give you the best chance to win. It's not about fielding the one with the highest potential. Let him earn his position by besting someone who actually has started a game before.

    Also, that "has been" was a top 5 ranked safety. Gipson, on that same list, was ranked in the bottom 5. You keep being a homer, I'll take talented players where I can get them.

  • Wow....you mean the dinosaur has more stats than 2 guys with like 4 career starts? I'm shocked! I'll also assume you don't know the difference between an 8 year vet at 30 and a 2nd year guy at 28.

    Blah blah blah bunch a crap blah....

    Top 5 ranked safety by some....so it must be true. I'll be the homer who judges by my eyes while you can maintain you're incessant sucking off of whomevers articles and stats fit you're agenda. As it would seem, 32 NFL teams disagree with you thus far, for whatever reason. I'm sure a top 5 safety could find work right?

    No? Hmmm.....

    Just keep kicking the can down the road. I

  • Wow....you mean the dinosaur has more stats than 2 guys with like 4 career starts? I'm shocked! I'll also assume you don't know the difference between an 8 year vet at 30 and a 2nd year guy at 28.

    Blah blah blah bunch a crap blah....

    Top 5 ranked safety by some....so it must be true. I'll be the homer who judges by my eyes while you can maintain you're incessant sucking off of whomevers articles and stats fit you're agenda. As it would seem, 32 NFL teams disagree with you thus far, for whatever reason. I'm sure a top 5 safety could find work right?

    No? Hmmm.....

    Just keep kicking the can down the road. I

    @choco said:

    Wow....you mean the dinosaur has more stats than 2 guys with like 4 career starts? I'm shocked! I'll also assume you don't know the difference between an 8 year vet at 30 and a 2nd year guy at 28.

    Blah blah blah bunch a crap blah....

    Top 5 ranked safety by some....so it must be true. I'll be the homer who judges by my eyes while you can maintain you're incessant sucking off of whomevers articles and stats fit you're agenda. As it would seem, 32 NFL teams disagree with you thus far, for whatever reason. I'm sure a top 5 safety could find work right?

    No? Hmmm.....

    Just keep kicking the can down the road. I

    That "dinosaur" is one calendar year older than Weeden, the guy you were just saying has 7-8 years left in the league.

    Also, I said his stats from one game are pretty much better than Gipson's cumulative career stats. Comprehension isn't your strong suit.

    Oh, but Rhodes is ancient because it fits your argument, got it.

    I guess those years of throwing 90 MPH fastballs had no effect on Weeden's arm, either. He's coming into the league with the arm of a 19 year old.

    You keep sucking Gipson's balls with your eyeball judgment while I'll stick to statistical information and rankings by those who know more than you.

    You don't even know the age of your starting QB and you expect me to trust your eyeball judgment or guy feeling? Keep dreaming, pal.

  • @dab7291993 said:

    I'd like to see us add a safety of some sort, even though there isn't an appealing one on that list.

    We should pull the trigger on one of the experienced ones just for depth.

    Adding a guy like Kerry Rhodes would not be a detriment to the development of our younger players nor would it make our starting roster weaker.

    Face it: the trio of Gipson/Bademosi/Slaughter isn't going to be tearing up the league this year. They have the potential to be good players, I will admit it. But this year is a learning year for all involved, plus one is returning from major surgery.

    Rhodes is an older vet who still has played at a competitive level. ProFootballFocus has him rated as high as 4th in production for the previous season. He is a solid defender in both the run game as well as the pass and he is a vet of Horton's system.

    He can come in and become the starter from day 1 and mentor these younger players on what it takes to be a safety in this system. With the way Horton utilizes different personnel groupings, there could be times when Gipson plays nearly 50% of the snaps.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Adding a guy like Kerry Rhodes would not be a detriment to the development of our younger players nor would it make our starting roster weaker.

    Face it: the trio of Gipson/Bademosi/Slaughter isn't going to be tearing up the league this year. They have the potential to be good players, I will admit it. But this year is a learning year for all involved, plus one is returning from major surgery.

    Rhodes is an older vet who still has played at a competitive level. ProFootballFocus has him rated as high as 4th in production for the previous season. He is a solid defender in both the run game as well as the pass and he is a vet of Horton's system.

    He can come in and become the starter from day 1 and mentor these younger players on what it takes to be a safety in this system. With the way Horton utilizes different personnel groupings, there could be times when Gipson plays nearly 50% of the snaps.

    I'm not against adding Rhodes at all.

  • The reason we go back and forth on this is that neither is such a bad idea, it's just a matter of personnel philosophy.

    1. You have three young, inexperienced candidates for FS and you like them all quite a bit, see definite potential for one or more to be a long-term starter or rotation player. They're under contract. They're here. You want the winner of the competition to play football on Sundays, not watch.

    2. This team is a lot better than some people realize, or at least could be. The coaching adds, the pass rushers, the accumulation of high-end young talent... we could figure out very soon that this team is more of a contender than we thought. As in, right after we beat an equally interesting Miami team.

    If that's true, and if Kerry Rhodes is 100% and ready to play at a high level for a couple years, one of those three young guys is shit out of luck and we're playing for right now.

    AND: Rhodes is gay? I'd never read that. Not that I give a shit.

  • The reason we go back and forth on this is that neither is such a bad idea, it's just a matter of personnel philosophy.

    1. You have three young, inexperienced candidates for FS and you like them all quite a bit, see definite potential for one or more to be a long-term starter or rotation player. They're under contract. They're here. You want the winner of the competition to play football on Sundays, not watch.

    2. This team is a lot better than some people realize, or at least could be. The coaching adds, the pass rushers, the accumulation of high-end young talent... we could figure out very soon that this team is more of a contender than we thought. As in, right after we beat an equally interesting Miami team.

    If that's true, and if Kerry Rhodes is 100% and ready to play at a high level for a couple years, one of those three young guys is shit out of luck and we're playing for right now.

    AND: Rhodes is gay? I'd never read that. Not that I give a shit.

    @shep said:

    The reason we go back and forth on this is that neither is such a bad idea, it's just a matter of personnel philosophy.

    1. You have three young, inexperienced candidates for FS and you like them all quite a bit, see definite potential for one or more to be a long-term starter or rotation player. They're under contract. They're here. You want the winner of the competition to play football on Sundays, not watch.

    2. This team is a lot better than some people realize, or at least could be. The coaching adds, the pass rushers, the accumulation of high-end young talent... we could figure out very soon that this team is more of a contender than we thought. As in, right after we beat an equally interesting Miami team.

    If that's true, and if Kerry Rhodes is 100% and ready to play at a high level for a couple years, one of those three young guys is shit out of luck and we're playing for right now.

    AND: Rhodes is gay? I'd never read that. Not that I give a shit.

    There's a controversy about it. His alleged former boyfriend keeps releasing pictures of the two together in different places...including bed.

    I just think that Rhodes at 100% for the next couple seasons is a better safety than anything we have on the roster.

    People say that only contenders make moves like this. I submit that they are only contenders because they make moves like this.

  • Really hope the possible gay-ness isn't the problem with getting a deal. That would make me hate the shit out of the NFL. The only thing worse than bigotry is bigots bitching that they're facing anti-bigotry bigotry. Their right to be really shitty to large segments of the population is getting trampled on!

    Makes me think Lee Atwater is still working. That Orwellian fake outrage is pretty ingenious.

    A blonde ponytailed rich mom in my lily white exburb sent around an e-mail about the war on Christmas. I told her to look around: If it's a war, Christmas won by a knockout. Like 250 years ago. And then the kicking began.

    I'd just like to know why a guy like Rhodes coming off a season like he had is still available. I don't get it.

  • I like our heteros, Bademosi and Gipson. Free agent is a position where someone can break through from anywhere on the roster, my money is on Bademosi, but Gipson is a good fallback, I thought he played well and showed good skills last year. I'm glad they will both be getting reps and playing time in camp and preseason. If one goes down ... then it's time to scour through veterans.

    Zombo

  • I like our heteros, Bademosi and Gipson. Free agent is a position where someone can break through from anywhere on the roster, my money is on Bademosi, but Gipson is a good fallback, I thought he played well and showed good skills last year. I'm glad they will both be getting reps and playing time in camp and preseason. If one goes down ... then it's time to scour through veterans.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I like our heteros, Bademosi and Gipson. Free agent is a position where someone can break through from anywhere on the roster, my money is on Bademosi, but Gipson is a good fallback, I thought he played well and showed good skills last year. I'm glad they will both be getting reps and playing time in camp and preseason. If one goes down ... then it's time to scour through veterans.

    Zombo

    My money is on Slaughter.

    In 2015.

  • I like our heteros, Bademosi and Gipson. Free agent is a position where someone can break through from anywhere on the roster, my money is on Bademosi, but Gipson is a good fallback, I thought he played well and showed good skills last year. I'm glad they will both be getting reps and playing time in camp and preseason. If one goes down ... then it's time to scour through veterans.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I like our heteros.

    Zombo

    Oh, I'll bet you do (!).