Skip to content

Playoff Predictions

The Browns Board
102 27 3.3k
  • @tampadawgs said:

    I for one am a fan of Goolie he speaks what is on his mind!!!! Love it, Goolie make sure You do not talk about anything but Browns SHHHHH anyways...

    As much as I respect what you are saying I do disagree a little bit, but also know that Browns Fans have blinders on all the time.

    On our players

    I like Weeden- Better than any QB we have had in 10years, but does not mean he will be could he is a "If" player If Weeden cuts donw is INT and adjusts to Chud/Turner Offense

    TRich- Love him, again another If player "If he can stay on the field, and If he can lift his head up"

    Our offense is alot of "Ifs" now we all think they will be good, but they have not proved anything yet!!!!!

    Our Defense is were I disagree with Goolie, We were pretty good last yr and only got better this year, as for Mingo he does not even start which is great!!!! He could be like Smith for the 49ers coming in on passing downs!!!!!

    Browns will win 6 +/- 1 game, would I be shocked if they made the playoffs YES, Every year I hear the same shit about Pittsburgh and every year they find a way to make the playoffs, Balt who knows they lost ALOT OF PLAYERS, Cincy is more than likely the best team in the AFC North

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    Ghoolie. I have to wonder if you are even watching what is going on with this team. Your whole mantra is "get guys that can threaten deep". Well, we have one of the fastest men in the NFL in Travis Benjamin...who can flat out burn deep. And did you see what Gordon did going deep last year? On numerous occasion he was burn baby burn.

    Have you noticed that the Browns hired a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator whose philosophies are: "Challenge deep". Have you noticed that they are very happy with the big armed QB we have....who primarily likes to challenge deep?

    Have they done enough to this point to strike ultimate fear in the hearts of the opponents. No, not quite. But then we had rookie, rookie, rookie, 2d year guy, rookie. And those rookies were playing in the Shurmur "three passing yards and a cloud of dust" offense.

    Why don't you take a wait and see attitude toward this team, with its new coaching staff and it new philosophy.

    Or, are you stuck in a time warp and just want to complain about last year? If so, maybe your time out wasn't enough. Maybe you should wait until the middle of the season and by then Rip Van Winkle you will have woken up. A Revolution has occurred while you were asleep.

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

    It wasn't so much that I had enough of Ghoolie- I think just about everyone did. Hey- if you need a break from the Board Mr. Tom, just take a break, no need to get everyone POed in the process. 🙂

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    So, Ghoolie, are you saying that you have no faith in our particular skill players?

    What is it about Weeden you don't like? He has the strongest arm of any Browns QB probably since Vinny Testaverde.

    And Richardson? He gained 950 yards even though he missed some games and played the rest with bad shoulders/Knees/feet.

    What about Gordon and Little? And Travis Benjamin and Davon Bess.

    What about the TE situation?

    What moves could the Browns have made at the skill positions that you would have like to see?

    And I certainly don't think that you can't see the Chud/Norv offensive system as a vast improvement over what Shurmur/Holmgren brought us.

    As for the defense....you DO still have to stop the other team.

    But, do you think the Browns should have done nothing there to improve their talent there? Would you have still liked to have Juqua Parker/Kaluka Maiava/Usama Young over what we have now?

    You can talk all you want about how important the skill players are, and they are. But it is still a 22 man game.

    A guy can have a perfect working heart, a perfect working brain, perfect working lungs, perfect working liver...but, if he gets cancer in his pancreas...he is a dead motherfucker.

    Just think of the Left Tackle as the pancreas of a football team. You need a good working one, for without it, you are a dead motherfucking offense. (picture Samuel Jackson saying these last two line).

    Nice to see you back.

    @the-gipper said:

    <<So, Ghoolie, are you saying that you have no faith in our particular skill players? <<

    I am saying we don't have any skilled players that make defenses adjust and worry about. I am saying our skilled players allow opponents to pretty much play in a 10 -15 yard ball field. That tires the OL, disrupts emotions and rhythm.

    <<What is it about Weeden you don't like?>>

    He is filler. No defense fears him and when he comes on the field, most people fat, yawn, or take the opportunity to go get a beer.

    <<He has the strongest arm of any Browns QB probably since Vinny Testaverde.>>

    Good for overthrowing recievers I suppose. But he doens't exactly carve anyone up, does he?

    <<And Richardson? He gained 950 yards even though he missed some games and played the rest with bad shoulders/Knees/feet.>>

    Before I got booted for making Kosar a laughing stock for getting brain treatment at a detox center, I made many posts about Richardson, and I like him. But as I said, without any othr threats, defenses will continue to pound him. He is not a guy designed to run like Pete Johnson or Kevin Mack. He is fast, and shifty, but he doesn't get holes that often to use his moves. This is NOT an OL problem. It is a skilled position problem. We don't force the opposing DO to account for a lot of options, just like the Browns could never get a lot f success with JB against teh Bears, Packers and Giants in those days.

    Also, with all due respect, you are excited about RIchardson's upside. I can see teh gears turning in your mind. YOu contemplate things like a new OC, new O, more experience, and a healthy Trent = more wins.

    Here is how I look at it, and I believe my view is more realistic. ALl offenses have teh same basic playbook, now, having the balls to call play action passes on second and 2 surely is better than the sissies who play for the first, but save making som more gutsy calls, and we don't even know if that will happen, the offense is going to look pretty much as it did in 2012-13. Weeden will still have to get rid of the ball too many times, sooner than he wants to.

    Which brings us to Richardson. He isn't going to ay 16 games this year, he simply can't. You and I get an injury and we go back to our job in the condom factory like it's no big deal. But if you haven't noticed, skill players don't heal that well these days. Gone are the steroid days, now players can take teh testosterone DIRECT. They are big and fast beyond belief. Richardson will again be pounded at the line. I would probably be willing to make a reasonable bet that he doesn't eclipse 950 this year, and i would not be surprise to see him hurt early. We will see.

    Our players are blah.

    <What about Gordon and Little? And Travis Benjamin and Davon Bess.>

    All good solid second or third WRs on a playof caliber team.

    <What about the TE situation?>

    LOL. Yeah, give me a great Tight End and Joe Thomas and I am on my way to the Lombardi, yes? No TE is carrying anyone, anywhere, Again, if we had two WRs that needed double coverage, then things loosen up for the RBs and TEs, but we aren't going to pressure any D with a TE,

    <<What moves could the Browns have made at the skill positions that you would have like to see?>>

    OVer this past year?

    You aren't going to like this, but here goes. I would have traded down our 6th pick and traded Joe Thomas for a late first round or ealr second round pick. I would have drafted Tavon Austin and Deandre Hopklins. I would have packaged whoever I had to, to also add Eddie Lacy.

    Along the way we could have sacrificed one of our WR's, even Little, to make a strong enough play for these players. The 2013 draft will feature a lot of wasted pics on non impact players. It was a unique draft in that skill player went late. Mark my words here and now......... the people who drafted all these Olaf linemen high? They wont be drafting in 2014.

    We could have pulled off Hopkins, Austin and Lacy. If not Lacy, then what's his name, Zack Stacy.

    Mingo strikes me as the reincarnation of Cortney Brown. DO I like the idea of getting at teh passer with MIngo nd Kruger on the corners? Sure. Getting at the QB is veryimportant, however, teams like th Steelers are going to put helmets on Mingo and run right at him. I think he was a bad pick, given teh guns we could have added.

    At QB? For the short term, Tebow, Sanchez, anyone who can stir some emotion.

    <<And I certainly don't think that you can't see the Chud/Norv offensive system as a vast improvement over what Shurmur/Holmgren brought us.>>

    I think many of you are going to be very surprised, in a sad way to see that the offense is not going to be any better than it was, and it may even be worse. If you believe that Chud/Holmgren purposely went out to call plays that fizzled, I think you put way too much value on the playbook and play calling. Again, my friend, what makes an offens exciting, what makes an offense seeming unpredictable, is SKILL PLAYERS.

    If you took a squad of high school players and had Paul Brown, Hallas, Shula and Lombardi coaching them against ME.............. but I have NFL players............... I would wipe my ass wiht Hallas, Brown, Shula and Lombardi. They would for sure be better coaches, but I could call dumb shit plays and win. I would win because my players would put too much pressure on teh high school kids, and they could not put any pressure on mine, even when I called the wrong formations.

    I don't imagine I am going to be very active this time around, for you see I am a character in a Rod Serlie TV show. I love the Browns dearly, but I am incapable of enthusiasm, so I don't want to spoil it for you guys any more. I don't want to say "I told you so" either.

    Now, each year since 1999 I have been brutalized for my 4 - 12 predictions, and only once, was optimistic, that being with Butch, who I liked and still do. That is another conversation altogether. Have I become too negative to see clearly, or do I actually know something about football and because of that, am able to see the big picture?

    There are many guys here who know the stats, players and playbook much better than I. You included. I am not a minutiae-man, but I do see trends and I do see the big picture. Because our offensive players are so average, the advantage of commanding the little details means nothing.

    Is Joe Thomas a very good LT? Sure. Has he been any more valuable to us than a 4th round schlep would have been? No, he hasnt. oN a team devoid of offensive talent, a 1st round LT was a fatal error. He sucked resources and put no points on the board. The argument of " Oh if we didn't have him, our QBs would have been killed". Ah, Yeah, so fucking what? Seriously, Weeden, McCoy? So they get clobbered? SO what? Ou can get any ass clown to play at that level.

    It is like paying teh top Hollywood entrtainment security company when your band plays polkas on the weekend. Joe Thomas wasn't just a mistake on draft day. He is a travesty of funds wasted ... ESPECIALLY in a boneheaded year when nincompoops wasted big money on clumsy linemen.

    You watch this Lacy kid eat our lunch.

    <<As for the defense....you DO still have to stop the other team.>>

    Yes, but I don't think you understand hwo defense really works. Defense is a game of attrition. Defense is played for the entire game, and the offense sets the tone for how the defense will play. Always has, always will, The Steel Curtain, the two years Bradshaw was hurt, were a shit defense. They were without emotional drive/adrenaline, and they got worn out playing too much.

    Offenses that control the ball put a fresh defense on the field. Offenses that can score allow the defense to take chances, blitz, have fun.Isnt it amazng hw much better the Colts D played with Luck? Hmmm, I didn't see him making many tackles, did you?

    The Browns lost the "Drive game" because Kosar and Mrty didn't go for the juggular when they had a chance, They played it safe and let the defense get tired out. That's the truth, and if you watch the replay, you will see what conservative, cowardly offense does to the defense.

    You will indeed see the Browns D look better, it will be visibly better, more pressure on the QB, not much better at stopping the run. But THAT is the minutiae. The BIG PICTURE? The one I see? I see this defense playing too many downs, I see them getting tired, over worked and by gae 10, injury prone.

    <<But, do you think the Browns should have done nothing there to improve their talent there? Would you have still liked to have Juqua Parker/Kaluka Maiava/Usama Young over what we have now? >>

    Hopkins, Austin, Lacy. That's your answer. They would have made the jackoffs we have better. ALso, we could have replaced those jackoffs with some later round guys and take a chance. The defensive additions will make no measurable difference in teh record. The new offense will not look much different than the last years version. Oh, it will look better the first few games because like that loser Hillis, it will be new, and previously not accounted for.

    I see a 4-12 team with the same problems as last year.

    <<You can talk all you want about how important the skill players are, and they are. But it is still a 22 man game. >>

    No, it really isn't and it never has been. That is the fallacy, It is the story that is told so that the clumsy oafs, the least talented men on the field, the OL, and then the D players, will feel important enough to do their jobs, Are they important? Of course, but are they RARE and hard to find? AH no. The last 10 SB's or more were won by teams using substitutes and walk ons becaus of OL injuries ans DL injuries during the year.

    You NEVER see walk on QBs, WR and RBs 12 games into the seasn, then going on to the SB. The QB goes down? Fuck the 21 other players, they ain't winning shit. Jim Brown goes down? Fuck Hickerson, because the Browns wouldn't win shit.

    Football is a 5 or 6 man game, with a shitload of sacrificial players carrying out needed, but simple tasks.

    <<A guy can have a perfect working heart, a perfect working brain, perfect working lungs, perfect working liver...but, if he gets cancer in his pancreas...he is a dead motherfucker.

    Just think of the Left Tackle as the pancreas of a football team. You need a good working one, for without it, you are a dead motherfucking offense.>>

    Not true. A LT is important, but guys at 4th round can play just as well as Thomas. IN fact, while he is agile, Thomas is not particularly strong, and he gets his ass pancaked on a lot of running plays. LT is not a pancreas. LT is a pair of cleats. Interchangeable. If Podesta were analyzing this team he would tell you.... Joe Thomas has no points value. his points per $million is in the shitter. He should have been traded this year. THIS was the time.

    4-12 will be a good year.

    (picture Samuel Jackson saying these last two line).

    Nice to see you back.

  • @tampadawgs said:

    I for one am a fan of Goolie he speaks what is on his mind!!!! Love it, Goolie make sure You do not talk about anything but Browns SHHHHH anyways...

    As much as I respect what you are saying I do disagree a little bit, but also know that Browns Fans have blinders on all the time.

    On our players

    I like Weeden- Better than any QB we have had in 10years, but does not mean he will be could he is a "If" player If Weeden cuts donw is INT and adjusts to Chud/Turner Offense

    TRich- Love him, again another If player "If he can stay on the field, and If he can lift his head up"

    Our offense is alot of "Ifs" now we all think they will be good, but they have not proved anything yet!!!!!

    Our Defense is were I disagree with Goolie, We were pretty good last yr and only got better this year, as for Mingo he does not even start which is great!!!! He could be like Smith for the 49ers coming in on passing downs!!!!!

    Browns will win 6 +/- 1 game, would I be shocked if they made the playoffs YES, Every year I hear the same shit about Pittsburgh and every year they find a way to make the playoffs, Balt who knows they lost ALOT OF PLAYERS, Cincy is more than likely the best team in the AFC North

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    Who let this asshole back?

    Things were so great without him here. Intelligent discussions were had and people who knew things about the game actually got to speak without some fat blowhard yukking away about how shitty offensive linemen are.

  • Ghoolie you will eat your words this year, the last 2 years I was not happy with the browns draft picks other than Trent, I was VERY pissed off about the lack of signing any free agents at all because we were building through the draft, this year we attacked free agency and the draft I am actually ok with Mingo and McFadden picks and the FA moves like Kruger and Bryant to add to our nice young roster.

    We did something this year, i'll be willing also to take some of that 4-12 season you think we're about to have cuz that ain't happening this year. will we be playoff bound? Maybe who knows but don't just trash all we did this year without seeing it on the field.

  • @the-gipper said:

    <<So, Ghoolie, are you saying that you have no faith in our particular skill players? <<

    I am saying we don't have any skilled players that make defenses adjust and worry about. I am saying our skilled players allow opponents to pretty much play in a 10 -15 yard ball field. That tires the OL, disrupts emotions and rhythm.

    <<What is it about Weeden you don't like?>>

    He is filler. No defense fears him and when he comes on the field, most people fat, yawn, or take the opportunity to go get a beer.

    <<He has the strongest arm of any Browns QB probably since Vinny Testaverde.>>

    Good for overthrowing recievers I suppose. But he doens't exactly carve anyone up, does he?

    <<And Richardson? He gained 950 yards even though he missed some games and played the rest with bad shoulders/Knees/feet.>>

    Before I got booted for making Kosar a laughing stock for getting brain treatment at a detox center, I made many posts about Richardson, and I like him. But as I said, without any othr threats, defenses will continue to pound him. He is not a guy designed to run like Pete Johnson or Kevin Mack. He is fast, and shifty, but he doesn't get holes that often to use his moves. This is NOT an OL problem. It is a skilled position problem. We don't force the opposing DO to account for a lot of options, just like the Browns could never get a lot f success with JB against teh Bears, Packers and Giants in those days.

    Also, with all due respect, you are excited about RIchardson's upside. I can see teh gears turning in your mind. YOu contemplate things like a new OC, new O, more experience, and a healthy Trent = more wins.

    Here is how I look at it, and I believe my view is more realistic. ALl offenses have teh same basic playbook, now, having the balls to call play action passes on second and 2 surely is better than the sissies who play for the first, but save making som more gutsy calls, and we don't even know if that will happen, the offense is going to look pretty much as it did in 2012-13. Weeden will still have to get rid of the ball too many times, sooner than he wants to.

    Which brings us to Richardson. He isn't going to ay 16 games this year, he simply can't. You and I get an injury and we go back to our job in the condom factory like it's no big deal. But if you haven't noticed, skill players don't heal that well these days. Gone are the steroid days, now players can take teh testosterone DIRECT. They are big and fast beyond belief. Richardson will again be pounded at the line. I would probably be willing to make a reasonable bet that he doesn't eclipse 950 this year, and i would not be surprise to see him hurt early. We will see.

    Our players are blah.

    <What about Gordon and Little? And Travis Benjamin and Davon Bess.>

    All good solid second or third WRs on a playof caliber team.

    <What about the TE situation?>

    LOL. Yeah, give me a great Tight End and Joe Thomas and I am on my way to the Lombardi, yes? No TE is carrying anyone, anywhere, Again, if we had two WRs that needed double coverage, then things loosen up for the RBs and TEs, but we aren't going to pressure any D with a TE,

    <<What moves could the Browns have made at the skill positions that you would have like to see?>>

    OVer this past year?

    You aren't going to like this, but here goes. I would have traded down our 6th pick and traded Joe Thomas for a late first round or ealr second round pick. I would have drafted Tavon Austin and Deandre Hopklins. I would have packaged whoever I had to, to also add Eddie Lacy.

    Along the way we could have sacrificed one of our WR's, even Little, to make a strong enough play for these players. The 2013 draft will feature a lot of wasted pics on non impact players. It was a unique draft in that skill player went late. Mark my words here and now......... the people who drafted all these Olaf linemen high? They wont be drafting in 2014.

    We could have pulled off Hopkins, Austin and Lacy. If not Lacy, then what's his name, Zack Stacy.

    Mingo strikes me as the reincarnation of Cortney Brown. DO I like the idea of getting at teh passer with MIngo nd Kruger on the corners? Sure. Getting at the QB is veryimportant, however, teams like th Steelers are going to put helmets on Mingo and run right at him. I think he was a bad pick, given teh guns we could have added.

    At QB? For the short term, Tebow, Sanchez, anyone who can stir some emotion.

    <<And I certainly don't think that you can't see the Chud/Norv offensive system as a vast improvement over what Shurmur/Holmgren brought us.>>

    I think many of you are going to be very surprised, in a sad way to see that the offense is not going to be any better than it was, and it may even be worse. If you believe that Chud/Holmgren purposely went out to call plays that fizzled, I think you put way too much value on the playbook and play calling. Again, my friend, what makes an offens exciting, what makes an offense seeming unpredictable, is SKILL PLAYERS.

    If you took a squad of high school players and had Paul Brown, Hallas, Shula and Lombardi coaching them against ME.............. but I have NFL players............... I would wipe my ass wiht Hallas, Brown, Shula and Lombardi. They would for sure be better coaches, but I could call dumb shit plays and win. I would win because my players would put too much pressure on teh high school kids, and they could not put any pressure on mine, even when I called the wrong formations.

    I don't imagine I am going to be very active this time around, for you see I am a character in a Rod Serlie TV show. I love the Browns dearly, but I am incapable of enthusiasm, so I don't want to spoil it for you guys any more. I don't want to say "I told you so" either.

    Now, each year since 1999 I have been brutalized for my 4 - 12 predictions, and only once, was optimistic, that being with Butch, who I liked and still do. That is another conversation altogether. Have I become too negative to see clearly, or do I actually know something about football and because of that, am able to see the big picture?

    There are many guys here who know the stats, players and playbook much better than I. You included. I am not a minutiae-man, but I do see trends and I do see the big picture. Because our offensive players are so average, the advantage of commanding the little details means nothing.

    Is Joe Thomas a very good LT? Sure. Has he been any more valuable to us than a 4th round schlep would have been? No, he hasnt. oN a team devoid of offensive talent, a 1st round LT was a fatal error. He sucked resources and put no points on the board. The argument of " Oh if we didn't have him, our QBs would have been killed". Ah, Yeah, so fucking what? Seriously, Weeden, McCoy? So they get clobbered? SO what? Ou can get any ass clown to play at that level.

    It is like paying teh top Hollywood entrtainment security company when your band plays polkas on the weekend. Joe Thomas wasn't just a mistake on draft day. He is a travesty of funds wasted ... ESPECIALLY in a boneheaded year when nincompoops wasted big money on clumsy linemen.

    You watch this Lacy kid eat our lunch.

    <<As for the defense....you DO still have to stop the other team.>>

    Yes, but I don't think you understand hwo defense really works. Defense is a game of attrition. Defense is played for the entire game, and the offense sets the tone for how the defense will play. Always has, always will, The Steel Curtain, the two years Bradshaw was hurt, were a shit defense. They were without emotional drive/adrenaline, and they got worn out playing too much.

    Offenses that control the ball put a fresh defense on the field. Offenses that can score allow the defense to take chances, blitz, have fun.Isnt it amazng hw much better the Colts D played with Luck? Hmmm, I didn't see him making many tackles, did you?

    The Browns lost the "Drive game" because Kosar and Mrty didn't go for the juggular when they had a chance, They played it safe and let the defense get tired out. That's the truth, and if you watch the replay, you will see what conservative, cowardly offense does to the defense.

    You will indeed see the Browns D look better, it will be visibly better, more pressure on the QB, not much better at stopping the run. But THAT is the minutiae. The BIG PICTURE? The one I see? I see this defense playing too many downs, I see them getting tired, over worked and by gae 10, injury prone.

    <<But, do you think the Browns should have done nothing there to improve their talent there? Would you have still liked to have Juqua Parker/Kaluka Maiava/Usama Young over what we have now? >>

    Hopkins, Austin, Lacy. That's your answer. They would have made the jackoffs we have better. ALso, we could have replaced those jackoffs with some later round guys and take a chance. The defensive additions will make no measurable difference in teh record. The new offense will not look much different than the last years version. Oh, it will look better the first few games because like that loser Hillis, it will be new, and previously not accounted for.

    I see a 4-12 team with the same problems as last year.

    <<You can talk all you want about how important the skill players are, and they are. But it is still a 22 man game. >>

    No, it really isn't and it never has been. That is the fallacy, It is the story that is told so that the clumsy oafs, the least talented men on the field, the OL, and then the D players, will feel important enough to do their jobs, Are they important? Of course, but are they RARE and hard to find? AH no. The last 10 SB's or more were won by teams using substitutes and walk ons becaus of OL injuries ans DL injuries during the year.

    You NEVER see walk on QBs, WR and RBs 12 games into the seasn, then going on to the SB. The QB goes down? Fuck the 21 other players, they ain't winning shit. Jim Brown goes down? Fuck Hickerson, because the Browns wouldn't win shit.

    Football is a 5 or 6 man game, with a shitload of sacrificial players carrying out needed, but simple tasks.

    <<A guy can have a perfect working heart, a perfect working brain, perfect working lungs, perfect working liver...but, if he gets cancer in his pancreas...he is a dead motherfucker.

    Just think of the Left Tackle as the pancreas of a football team. You need a good working one, for without it, you are a dead motherfucking offense.>>

    Not true. A LT is important, but guys at 4th round can play just as well as Thomas. IN fact, while he is agile, Thomas is not particularly strong, and he gets his ass pancaked on a lot of running plays. LT is not a pancreas. LT is a pair of cleats. Interchangeable. If Podesta were analyzing this team he would tell you.... Joe Thomas has no points value. his points per $million is in the shitter. He should have been traded this year. THIS was the time.

    4-12 will be a good year.

    (picture Samuel Jackson saying these last two line).

    Nice to see you back.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    @the-gipper said:

    <<So, Ghoolie, are you saying that you have no faith in our particular skill players? <<

    I am saying we don't have any skilled players that make defenses adjust and worry about. I am saying our skilled players allow opponents to pretty much play in a 10 -15 yard ball field. That tires the OL, disrupts emotions and rhythm.

    Well, I think you are too pessimistic about the skills of our very young players. Are our skill players...specifically the RBs and WRs proven quality talent like a Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson. No. But they are young, and they were the BEST available to select at the time they were selected. We are not going to be able to trade for Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson. We have to try and hope that TR and Gordon etc. develop into close proximities of those players.

    <<What is it about Weeden you don't like?>>

    He is filler. No defense fears him and when he comes on the field, most people fat, yawn, or take the opportunity to go get a beer.

    He was playing in an outdated offense that was a total mismatch for his skills. I think with the new system there will be a much better opportunity for him to strike fear into a defense.

    <<He has the strongest arm of any Browns QB probably since Vinny Testaverde.>>

    Good for overthrowing recievers I suppose. But he doens't exactly carve anyone up, does he?

    Not yet, but again, he was a rookie undergoing a learning curve, and with a new system better fitting his skills he may become our Emeril LaGasse.

    <<And Richardson? He gained 950 yards even though he missed some games and played the rest with bad shoulders/Knees/feet.>>

    Before I got booted for making Kosar a laughing stock for getting brain treatment at a detox center, I made many posts about Richardson, and I like him. But as I said, without any othr threats, defenses will continue to pound him. He is not a guy designed to run like Pete Johnson or Kevin Mack. He is fast, and shifty, but he doesn't get holes that often to use his moves. This is NOT an OL problem. It is a skilled position problem. We don't force the opposing DO to account for a lot of options, just like the Browns could never get a lot f success with JB against teh Bears, Packers and Giants in those days.

    Also, with all due respect, you are excited about RIchardson's upside. I can see teh gears turning in your mind. YOu contemplate things like a new OC, new O, more experience, and a healthy Trent = more wins.

    Here is how I look at it, and I believe my view is more realistic. (pessimistic?) ALl offenses have teh same basic playbook, now, having the balls to call play action passes on second and 2 surely is better than the sissies who play for the first, but save making som more gutsy calls, and we don't even know if that will happen, the offense is going to look pretty much as it did in 2012-13. Weeden will still have to get rid of the ball too many times, sooner than he wants to.

    Which brings us to Richardson. He isn't going to ay 16 games this year, he simply can't. You and I get an injury and we go back to our job in the condom factory like it's no big deal. But if you haven't noticed, skill players don't heal that well these days. Gone are the steroid days, now players can take teh testosterone DIRECT. They are big and fast beyond belief. Richardson will again be pounded at the line. I would probably be willing to make a reasonable bet that he doesn't eclipse 950 this year, and i would not be surprise to see him hurt early. We will see.

    From all of the above what I take is that "Richardson must stay healthy." OK, fine. I agree with that.

    Our players are blah.

    Our players were blah because: a. they were young and learning and b. they played in a blah offense. I know you think that it doesn't matter what system a team runs, that all plays are the same....but history has proven that to not specifically be the case. One of the greatest QBs ever, Joe Montana, was a pure system player. Even he may have been blah if he had to play in something other than the WCO. When Jeff Garcia was here....another WCO system guy, he couldn't fit in because the Browns weren't running the right system for him.

    <What about Gordon and Little? And Travis Benjamin and Davon Bess.>

    All good solid second or third WRs on a playof caliber team.

    Well, again, my question for you is who is out there that the Browns can get that would be No.1 guy? Recall that the Browns wanted AJ Green....but he was taken before they had a chance to grab him. You might say "then they should have taken Julio Jones." But, to me if we had Jones you would be saying the same thing about him that you say about Gordon. Gordon, in my opinion, is as good as Jones. Gordon had better numbers than Jones did in his rookie season.

    So, unless this team had Calvin Johnson or AJ Green I don't think there was anyone else out that all that much better.

    <What about the TE situation?>

    LOL. Yeah, give me a great Tight End and Joe Thomas and I am on my way to the Lombardi, yes? No TE is carrying anyone, anywhere, Again, if we had two WRs that needed double coverage, then things loosen up for the RBs and TEs, but we aren't going to pressure any D with a TE,

    Except that Norv Turner's offenses in the past have show that he can pressure a defense with a good TE. He had Antonio Gates in San Diego....and the TE for the Cowboys in the 90s...Frank Wychek perhaps, was an outstanding TE. I am not saying that a TE should be THE main threat in a passing game....but it can be a very important component....to free up space for the WR and RBs.

    And I would agree with you....had you stated it, that our TE situation is by no means all that solid or proven

    <<What moves could the Browns have made at the skill positions that you would have like to see?>>

    OVer this past year?

    You aren't going to like this, but here goes. I would have traded down our 6th pick and traded Joe Thomas for a late first round or ealr second round pick. I would have drafted Tavon Austin and Deandre Hopklins. I would have packaged whoever I had to, to also add Eddie Lacy.

    I am not sure what your obsession is with trading Joe Thomas. My view is that if we didn't have a Joe Thomas we would need to go get one. Just leave him well enough alone. As for Austin and Hopkins....those guys are no more proven than anyone we have. Maybe they are your pet choices. None of them is an AJ Green. Basically, I guess I am saying is that I am questioning your talent evaluation skills there.

    Along the way we could have sacrificed one of our WR's, even Little, to make a strong enough play for these players. The 2013 draft will feature a lot of wasted pics on non impact players. It was a unique draft in that skill player went late. Mark my words here and now......... the people who drafted all these Olaf linemen high? They wont be drafting in 2014.

    We could have pulled off Hopkins, Austin and Lacy. If not Lacy, then what's his name, Zack Stacy.

    No talent evaluator that I have ever seen has rated Lacy a better prospect than Richardson. I will stick with Richardson over Lacy.

    To me, all you have proposed is to replace some question marks with bigger question marks.

    Mingo strikes me as the reincarnation of Cortney Brown. DO I like the idea of getting at teh passer with MIngo nd Kruger on the corners? Sure. Getting at the QB is veryimportant, however, teams like th Steelers are going to put helmets on Mingo and run right at him. I think he was a bad pick, given teh guns we could have added.

    Well, sure, Mingo is a crap shoot. Every draft pick is a crap shoot. 50% of all first round picks bust out essentially...or don't live up to their draft status....but 50% do. Whoever else the Browns could have drafted there....Milliner the CB or anyone else, would have the same question marks that Mingo has.

    At QB? For the short term, Tebow, Sanchez, anyone who can stir some emotion.

    I appreciate you inserting some comic relief in this discussion. Yea, sure, these guys would stir emotion....anger, disappointment, disbelief.

    For, if indeed you are serious, then this statement would constitute exhibit A on the "Ghoolie can't evaluate talent" indictment.

    <<And I certainly don't think that you can't see the Chud/Norv offensive system as a vast improvement over what Shurmur/Holmgren brought us.>>

    I think many of you are going to be very surprised, in a sad way to see that the offense is not going to be any better than it was, and it may even be worse. If you believe that Chud/Holmgren purposely went out to call plays that fizzled, I think you put way too much value on the playbook and play calling. Again, my friend, what makes an offens exciting, what makes an offense seeming unpredictable, is SKILL PLAYERS.

    I think both are necessary. There have been any number of instances where a team has had outstanding skill players but couldn't win shit because of the coaching.

    If you took a squad of high school players and had Paul Brown, Hallas, Shula and Lombardi coaching them against ME.............. but I have NFL players............... I would wipe my ass wiht Hallas, Brown, Shula and Lombardi. They would for sure be better coaches, but I could call dumb shit plays and win. I would win because my players would put too much pressure on teh high school kids, and they could not put any pressure on mine, even when I called the wrong formations.

    Yea, sure, but...given a fairly equal talent level of NFL players, Paul Brown, Halal, Shula, Lombardi proved that they would kick ass.

    After all, it was Bum Phillips who said about Shula: He can take his'n and beat your'n, and he could take your'n and beat his'n.

    Face it: Pat Shurmur may indeed have been the worst coach in the history of the Cleveland Browns. He may have been one of the 5-10 worse in the history of the NFL. I cannot see where this team could be any worse coached. A better coaching staff, to me could make at least a 2 game difference in a season. Yea, the players have to be there, but coaching IS an important component.

    I don't imagine I am going to be very active this time around, for you see I am a character in a Rod Serlie TV show. I love the Browns dearly, but I am incapable of enthusiasm, so I don't want to spoil it for you guys any more. I don't want to say "I told you so" either.

    Now, each year since 1999 I have been brutalized for my 4 - 12 predictions, and only once, was optimistic, that being with Butch, who I liked and still do. That is another conversation altogether. Have I become too negative to see clearly, or do I actually know something about football and because of that, am able to see the big picture?

    There are many guys here who know the stats, players and playbook much better than I. You included. I am not a minutiae-man, but I do see trends and I do see the big picture. Because our offensive players are so average, the advantage of commanding the little details means nothing.

    Is Joe Thomas a very good LT? Sure. Has he been any more valuable to us than a 4th round schlep would have been? No, he hasnt. oN a team devoid of offensive talent, a 1st round LT was a fatal error. He sucked resources and put no points on the board.

    Again, you worry oh so ever much about Joe Thomas.

    It wasn't the pick of Joe Thomas that hurt this team....it was the picks of the likes of Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards that hurt this team.

    Bitch about those if you will. That would be appropriate.

    The argument of " Oh if we didn't have him, our QBs would have been killed". Ah, Yeah, so fucking what? Seriously, Weeden, McCoy? So they get clobbered? SO what? Ou can get any ass clown to play at that level.

    It is like paying teh top Hollywood entrtainment security company when your band plays polkas on the weekend. Joe Thomas wasn't just a mistake on draft day. He is a travesty of funds wasted ... ESPECIALLY in a boneheaded year when nincompoops wasted big money on clumsy linemen.

    Again and again and again you are wrongheaded . You say the most important things about a team are the skill players. But you obsess about a lineman....who has not been a failure, and ignore the skill players who were.

    Why is your thought so inconsistent?

    You watch this Lacy kid eat our lunch.

    <<As for the defense....you DO still have to stop the other team.>>

    Yes, but I don't think you understand hwo defense really works. Defense is a game of attrition. Defense is played for the entire game, and the offense sets the tone for how the defense will play. Always has, always will, The Steel Curtain, the two years Bradshaw was hurt, were a shit defense. They were without emotional drive/adrenaline, and they got worn out playing too much.

    Offenses that control the ball put a fresh defense on the field. Offenses that can score allow the defense to take chances, blitz, have fun.Isnt it amazng hw much better the Colts D played with Luck? Hmmm, I didn't see him making many tackles, did you?

    The Browns lost the "Drive game" because Kosar and Mrty didn't go for the juggular when they had a chance, They played it safe and let the defense get tired out. That's the truth, and if you watch the replay, you will see what conservative, cowardly offense does to the defense.

    You will indeed see the Browns D look better, it will be visibly better, more pressure on the QB, not much better at stopping the run. But THAT is the minutiae. The BIG PICTURE? The one I see? I see this defense playing too many downs, I see them getting tired, over worked and by gae 10, injury prone.

    <<But, do you think the Browns should have done nothing there to improve their talent there? Would you have still liked to have Juqua Parker/Kaluka Maiava/Usama Young over what we have now? >>

    Hopkins, Austin, Lacy. That's your answer.

    These guys are just as likely to be reincarnations of Braylon Edwards, and William Green and Travis Wilson as they are to be top notch players.

    They would have made the jackoffs we have better. ALso, we could have replaced those jackoffs with some later round guys and take a chance. The defensive additions will make no measurable difference in teh record. The new offense will not look much different than the last years version. Oh, it will look better the first few games because like that loser Hillis, it will be new, and previously not accounted for.

    I see a 4-12 team with the same problems as last year.

    <<You can talk all you want about how important the skill players are, and they are. But it is still a 22 man game. >>

    No, it really isn't and it never has been. That is the fallacy, It is the story that is told so that the clumsy oafs, the least talented men on the field, the OL, and then the D players, will feel important enough to do their jobs, Are they important? Of course, but are they RARE and hard to find? AH no. The last 10 SB's or more were won by teams using substitutes and walk ons becaus of OL injuries ans DL injuries during the year.

    You NEVER see walk on QBs, WR and RBs 12 games into the seasn, then going on to the SB. The QB goes down? Fuck the 21 other players, they ain't winning shit. Jim Brown goes down? Fuck Hickerson, because the Browns wouldn't win shit.

    Football is a 5 or 6 man game, with a shitload of sacrificial players carrying out needed, but simple tasks.

    <<A guy can have a perfect working heart, a perfect working brain, perfect working lungs, perfect working liver...but, if he gets cancer in his pancreas...he is a dead motherfucker.

    Just think of the Left Tackle as the pancreas of a football team. You need a good working one, for without it, you are a dead motherfucking offense.>>

    Not true. A LT is important, but guys at 4th round can play just as well as Thomas. IN fact, while he is agile, Thomas is not particularly strong, and he gets his ass pancaked on a lot of running plays. LT is not a pancreas. LT is a pair of cleats. Interchangeable. If Podesta were analyzing this team he would tell you.... Joe Thomas has no points value. his points per $million is in the shitter. He should have been traded this year. THIS was the time.

    4-12 will be a good year.

    (picture Samuel Jackson saying these last two line).

    Nice to see you back.

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Actualy, I didn't. If you read my first post I acknowledged Emperor, I chose teh ethnic speling on purpose.

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    So, you spelled it wrong, realized it during your first post, didn't know how to change it, so spelled it right in the post, then decided to refer to it as the "ethnic" spelling.

    Oh well, you'll be entertaining until Hoorta's had enough of you.

    Zombo

    No Zmblow, I spelled it purposefully wrong when I created the Screen name. Not knowing how to change it has absolutely no meaning,other than you losing sleep over my spelling of it. I have clearly controlled the mood of this board for a long time, and will continue to do so, even without TOS violatons. By the way, Kosar is a drunk and we all need to agree on that. But i digress.

    Emporer..............................it's good for hypnotizing knuckleheads.

  • Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him, he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value. You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed. YOu guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

  • Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him, he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value. You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed. YOu guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I would not have minded having him, I am only saying that he is not appreciably better ..if at all, than Josh Gordon. So, we have Gordon/Phil Taylor/Weeden in lieu of Jones.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value.

    He is in great condition and could last another 10 years....and he does the job he is supposed to do. He is only 1 guy. If the other 10 offensive players over the years has played as well as JT has, we would have had multiple postseason appearances, if not titles.

    You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    But, we GOT skill players WITHOUT having to unload him, or anyone else.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed.

    NO ONE else should be excited....because they are not fans. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

    YOu guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    I am not going to crown it, but I believe it is appreciably better than what we had the last 2 years.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    And, if they are 3-5....that would be an improvement. I am not predicting that they will be tremendous....but I can see them being very competitive in just about every game.

    Remember....last year the Browns would have won 2 additional games if only a. LJ Fort catches an int. that was right in his hands vs. the Eagles, and b. if only Marecic catches a pass right in his hands in another game that could have sealed a win.

    Those little things hurt.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    Maybe a little. What fan doesn't do that? Besides you, of course. We can't all play your role of Debby Downer and Wendy Whiner.

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    OK Debby/Wendy

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    Haslam ain't selling.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

  • Browns

    Bengals

    Broncos

    Colts

    Bills

    Raiders

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Cardnails

    Packers

    Lions

    Saints

    This is how I see it going down...

    @poeticg said:

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Cardnails

    Packers

    Lions

    Saints

    No NFCE team?

    You have 2 from the West (49ers, Cardinals), North (Packers, Lions), and South (Falcons, Saints).

  • @poeticg said:

    NFC, In:

    Falcons

    49ers

    Cardnails

    Packers

    Lions

    Saints

    No NFCE team?

    You have 2 from the West (49ers, Cardinals), North (Packers, Lions), and South (Falcons, Saints).

    @kerrigan91 said:

    No NFCE team?

    You have 2 from the West (49ers, Cardinals), North (Packers, Lions), and South (Falcons, Saints).

    Yea, just before the season starts the NFL is going to institute a new rule that a division that does not have a team with at least a .500 record loses its right to have a playoff team, so the weak NFCE is aufweidersehn!

    Just joking...but, in reality, that is a rule that could be considered. Just a few years ago the NFCW had no teams even .500 and I believe the Seahawks made the playoffs at 7-9.

  • @kerrigan91 said:

    No NFCE team?

    You have 2 from the West (49ers, Cardinals), North (Packers, Lions), and South (Falcons, Saints).

    Yea, just before the season starts the NFL is going to institute a new rule that a division that does not have a team with at least a .500 record loses its right to have a playoff team, so the weak NFCE is aufweidersehn!

    Just joking...but, in reality, that is a rule that could be considered. Just a few years ago the NFCW had no teams even .500 and I believe the Seahawks made the playoffs at 7-9.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, just before the season starts the NFL is going to institute a new rule that a division that does not have a team with at least a .500 record loses its right to have a playoff team, so the weak NFCE is aufweidersehn!

    Just joking...but, in reality, that is a rule that could be considered. Just a few years ago the NFCW had no teams even .500 and I believe the Seahawks made the playoffs at 7-9.

    They did. And they won the WC playoff game against the Saints. I understand giving the division winners a home game, but I would think they have to at least consider seeding the teams based on their record.

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    I am willing to bet $500 per game based on 4- 12 +/- one win.

    The defense will indeed be improved, but without offense, the D will tire and as the year goes on get tired, injured and then demoralized. Weeden stinks. He isn't average, he outright stinks. There is no team identity with him, He isn't a gun slinger, he isn't a bad boy, he isn't a threat. None of our WR are threats.

    People think our offense sucked because of play calling. I got news for you........... ALL 32 NFL teams have the same forking plays. Football is a simple game, it is about pressure. Our opponents pressure everything within 10 -12 yards of the line of scrimmage, We have nobody to threaten deep, so teh pressure they put on our O even shuts down Richardson.

    ALl this bullshit about offensive linemen is ALSO horse shit. What makes an OL great is a casr of skilled players that cause te defense to have too many things to worry about. It gives the OL an edge and they can pummel the opposing D. HOWEVER........... when the opposing D doens't bite on anything, and stays home at theline?

    Dude, you could take the ten greatest offensive linemen of all time and put them in their prime, on our OL. The offense would suck just as bad. Why? Because NO FIVE MEN CNA BLOCK OUT 8 or NINE men. Never have, never will.

    We should have traded Joe Thomas and brought in some kind of WR who can threaten deep. WTF has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? Talk about a wasted draft pic and a waste of money.

    Sorry bro, I look at this team and see an offense as blah as blah can be. Thre is no way they win 5 games.

    Who let this asshole back?

    Things were so great without him here. Intelligent discussions were had and people who knew things about the game actually got to speak without some fat blowhard yukking away about how shitty offensive linemen are.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Who let this asshole back?

    Things were so great without him here. Intelligent discussions were had and people who knew things about the game actually got to speak without some fat blowhard yukking away about how shitty offensive linemen are.

    Damn all this time I thought he and Richy ran away together...

  • Well..for what its worth..or not..I agree with Ghoolie as far as Mingo goes..Watch this skinny ass POS get run over by backs..I dont think the Browns are as doom and gloom...but I dont think were comming close to the playoffs this season...I also agree that if this offense cant put drives together...no matter who we have on defense..they will tire and break.

  • This is good and simple logic. If MIngo wasn't a waste of a pic it surely was a dumb pick. We still won't be able to stop the run and just like last year we will play oooh so close, so very close, only to fall apart in the second half.

    All the Browns did this past off season was to swap jackoffs.

  • Alas, the smell of everything-bashing by Ghoolie is in the air, like a sweet aroma of roses,

    bashing of Joe Thomas? I agree, he can't even play RT and Center and QB at the same time.

    But seriously, Mingo won't be an every down player, yet. On passing downs, you think Jack Lambert was

    going to get run over by rb's ? Jack was a skinny guy in college at Kent. I met him a couple of times. Decent guy,

    but very intense. Look at Mingo's size, and Lambert's size, and you get a picture of what I expect from Mingo.

    Except Mingo has quicker feet, more agility. We'll see. Okay, so Lambert was profoundly intense every second

    on the field, I know. I watched him in college many games.

    The bashing of the oline? When LT's were picked one and two, overall? The freakin oline is the engine of the car.

    Ghoolie loves his tires, and his steering wheel. He just forgets about the engine all the time. It's actually amusing still,

    especially when you see the difference in the offense, the plays they can run since Swartz came on board, and the time

    Weeden has to throw.

    It would be far more legit, Mr. Ghoolie, if you would back the truck up, and park it til the season gets going.

    If you are lucky, you could bash anything that goes wrong. But it won't be the oline.

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I would not have minded having him, I am only saying that he is not appreciably better ..if at all, than Josh Gordon. So, we have Gordon/Phil Taylor/Weeden in lieu of Jones.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value.

    He is in great condition and could last another 10 years....and he does the job he is supposed to do. He is only 1 guy. If the other 10 offensive players over the years has played as well as JT has, we would have had multiple postseason appearances, if not titles.

    You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    But, we GOT skill players WITHOUT having to unload him, or anyone else.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed.

    NO ONE else should be excited....because they are not fans. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

    YOu guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    I am not going to crown it, but I believe it is appreciably better than what we had the last 2 years.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    And, if they are 3-5....that would be an improvement. I am not predicting that they will be tremendous....but I can see them being very competitive in just about every game.

    Remember....last year the Browns would have won 2 additional games if only a. LJ Fort catches an int. that was right in his hands vs. the Eagles, and b. if only Marecic catches a pass right in his hands in another game that could have sealed a win.

    Those little things hurt.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    Maybe a little. What fan doesn't do that? Besides you, of course. We can't all play your role of Debby Downer and Wendy Whiner.

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    OK Debby/Wendy

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    Haslam ain't selling.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

    @the-gipper said:

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I would not have minded having him, I am only saying that he is not appreciably better ..if at all, than Josh Gordon. So, we have Gordon/Phil Taylor/Weeden in lieu of Jones.

    You have Greta Van Sustrund (s) and you could have had Megan Kelly.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    Waste of money, and gets manhandled by the better DEs

    he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value.

    He is in great condition and could last another 10 years....and he does the job he is supposed to do. He is only 1 guy. If the other 10 offensive players over the years has played as well as JT has, we would have had multiple postseason appearances, if not titles.

    Don't hold your breath.

    You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    But, we GOT skill players WITHOUT having to unload him, or anyone else.

    No, we got more shit playing skilled positions. These guys are marginally better than Cribbs, and he was pure shit.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed.

    NO ONE else should be excited....because they are not fans. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

    Let me use better terminology. No experts, prognosticators or head coaches are expecting squat from thi team, They won't be disappointed.

    You guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    I am not going to crown it, but I believe it is appreciably better than what we had the last 2 years.

    You sound like Racel Maddow reporting on the ZImmerman case, No evidence but you are making conclusions. You can say that you believe it WILL be better, but you can't smugly sit back and believe it IS better. I am saying it won't be.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    And, if they are 3-5....that would be an improvement. I am not predicting that they will be tremendous....but I can see them being very competitive in just about every game.

    Remember....last year the Browns would have won 2 additional games if only a. LJ Fort catches an int. that was right in his hands vs. the Eagles, and b. if only Marecic catches a pass right in his hands in another game that could have sealed a win.

    Those little things hurt.

    In January of 1979 I found out that if would have asked bit titted Debbie Roman to go skiing with me before Christmas in 78 she would have. That time passed and didn't ocme back.

    Most NFL games are won by a few key events here or there. I have listened to this analogy for so many fucking years now, I actually have a flat spot on teh side of my head where I listened. None of that shit means a thing............. DO YOU KNOW WHY? Because if you go back and watch the replay? You will see similar plays the the opposition ALSO came just that close to making.

    Infusing wins by way of the osmosis of last years almosts, is NOT realism.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    Maybe a little. What fan doesn't do that? Besides you, of course. We can't all play your role of Debby Downer and Wendy Whiner.

    I'm not down, I'm not whining. I am just telling you what I see. That's all. Now, if you go back and look at teh track record, you will see many seasons of you guys claiming the same kind of shit. Each year, you maintain that it is not your talent assessment or the players, but it is some shit like teh system, teh play calling, blah blah blah blah blah.

    WE HAVE NO STAR QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS. It is as simple as that.

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    OK Debby/Wendy

    I'm doing neither. I am telling you the simple truth. Our skill players are not going to threaten opposing defenses. We don't have upper eschalon speed. No matter what fucking plays teh new ass-clowns call, opposing defenses are going to stay home, and smother our offense. We will be watching this shit soon enough.

    EXUSE FOR 4 -12 in 2013? REASON FOR ENTHUSIASM IN 2014? " We just learned a new system" More bullshit.

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    Haslam ain't selling.

    He may be going to jail. The NFL won't allow that. COme to TN, there is a lot of buzz that he has already had those conversations. We will see. One thing I DO know? With his legal problems he will be as absent as Lerner was.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

    In week 10 you will be asking yourself privately, " How the fuck did Ghoolie know that in July". Openly, you will be making up fantasy shit excuses for why I was actually wrong, but special unforseen ciscumstance prevented the team from performing well. To you offense is about mechanics . play calling and all that other bullshit. To me, someone that understand copetition in life, and winning, I see a team with weak players and no QB. The offense will get eaten alive.

    PS..... I never said Lacy over Richardson,, I meant IN ADDITION TO.

    4-12, with an offense that sputters as much as the old one.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I would not have minded having him, I am only saying that he is not appreciably better ..if at all, than Josh Gordon. So, we have Gordon/Phil Taylor/Weeden in lieu of Jones.

    You have Greta Van Sustrund (s) and you could have had Megan Kelly.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    Waste of money, and gets manhandled by the better DEs

    he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value.

    He is in great condition and could last another 10 years....and he does the job he is supposed to do. He is only 1 guy. If the other 10 offensive players over the years has played as well as JT has, we would have had multiple postseason appearances, if not titles.

    Don't hold your breath.

    You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    But, we GOT skill players WITHOUT having to unload him, or anyone else.

    No, we got more shit playing skilled positions. These guys are marginally better than Cribbs, and he was pure shit.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed.

    NO ONE else should be excited....because they are not fans. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

    Let me use better terminology. No experts, prognosticators or head coaches are expecting squat from thi team, They won't be disappointed.

    You guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    I am not going to crown it, but I believe it is appreciably better than what we had the last 2 years.

    You sound like Racel Maddow reporting on the ZImmerman case, No evidence but you are making conclusions. You can say that you believe it WILL be better, but you can't smugly sit back and believe it IS better. I am saying it won't be.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    And, if they are 3-5....that would be an improvement. I am not predicting that they will be tremendous....but I can see them being very competitive in just about every game.

    Remember....last year the Browns would have won 2 additional games if only a. LJ Fort catches an int. that was right in his hands vs. the Eagles, and b. if only Marecic catches a pass right in his hands in another game that could have sealed a win.

    Those little things hurt.

    In January of 1979 I found out that if would have asked bit titted Debbie Roman to go skiing with me before Christmas in 78 she would have. That time passed and didn't ocme back.

    Most NFL games are won by a few key events here or there. I have listened to this analogy for so many fucking years now, I actually have a flat spot on teh side of my head where I listened. None of that shit means a thing............. DO YOU KNOW WHY? Because if you go back and watch the replay? You will see similar plays the the opposition ALSO came just that close to making.

    Infusing wins by way of the osmosis of last years almosts, is NOT realism.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    Maybe a little. What fan doesn't do that? Besides you, of course. We can't all play your role of Debby Downer and Wendy Whiner.

    I'm not down, I'm not whining. I am just telling you what I see. That's all. Now, if you go back and look at teh track record, you will see many seasons of you guys claiming the same kind of shit. Each year, you maintain that it is not your talent assessment or the players, but it is some shit like teh system, teh play calling, blah blah blah blah blah.

    WE HAVE NO STAR QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS. It is as simple as that.

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    OK Debby/Wendy

    I'm doing neither. I am telling you the simple truth. Our skill players are not going to threaten opposing defenses. We don't have upper eschalon speed. No matter what fucking plays teh new ass-clowns call, opposing defenses are going to stay home, and smother our offense. We will be watching this shit soon enough.

    EXUSE FOR 4 -12 in 2013? REASON FOR ENTHUSIASM IN 2014? " We just learned a new system" More bullshit.

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    Haslam ain't selling.

    He may be going to jail. The NFL won't allow that. COme to TN, there is a lot of buzz that he has already had those conversations. We will see. One thing I DO know? With his legal problems he will be as absent as Lerner was.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

    In week 10 you will be asking yourself privately, " How the fuck did Ghoolie know that in July". Openly, you will be making up fantasy shit excuses for why I was actually wrong, but special unforseen ciscumstance prevented the team from performing well. To you offense is about mechanics . play calling and all that other bullshit. To me, someone that understand copetition in life, and winning, I see a team with weak players and no QB. The offense will get eaten alive.

    PS..... I never said Lacy over Richardson,, I meant IN ADDITION TO.

    4-12, with an offense that sputters as much as the old one.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    @the-gipper said:

    @emporerghoolie said:

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    Waste of money, and gets manhandled by the better DEs

    WE HAVE NO STAR QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS. It is as simple as that.

    I'm doing neither. I am telling you the simple truth. Our skill players are not going to threaten opposing defenses. We don't have upper eschalon speed. No matter what fucking plays teh new ass-clowns call, opposing defenses are going to stay home, and smother our offense. We will be watching this shit soon enough.

    EXUSE FOR 4 -12 in 2013? REASON FOR ENTHUSIASM IN 2014? " We just learned a new system" More bullshit.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

    In week 10 you will be asking yourself privately, " How the fuck did Ghoolie know that in July". Openly, you will be making up fantasy shit excuses for why I was actually wrong, but special unforseen ciscumstance prevented the team from performing well. To you offense is about mechanics . play calling and all that other bullshit. To me, someone that understand copetition in life, and winning, I see a team with weak players and no QB. The offense will get eaten alive.

    Regarding Joe Thomas, you're out of your fucking mind- Every stud LT gets beat once in awhile- but Joe doesn't make the Pro Bowl every year because he sucks. You can count on your fingers on one hand how many times he got beat last year- and if you don't realize it dumbass, some of the times Joe did get beat, he was trying to help out the substandard guard play to his right. So you want to trade the best player on the team to take a crap shoot in the draft? We did that once- traded Paul Warfield for Mike Phipps- tell me how that worked out. I for one, (and I hope no one else) will no longer take up your trolling about the minimal value of offensive linemen. Left offensive tackles got drafted 1-2 this year, & 4 overall last year. Obviously the rest of the NFL knows something you don't, so STFU already about that point- it's Retarded.

    No speed? Yeah, Travis Benjamin only runs a sub- 4.3. and Josh Gordon had one of the highest ypc in the NFL.

    Norv Turner is not Shur-loss. I agree with Gipper- Patsy may go down as one of the worst HCs in the history of the NFL.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I would not have minded having him, I am only saying that he is not appreciably better ..if at all, than Josh Gordon. So, we have Gordon/Phil Taylor/Weeden in lieu of Jones.

    You have Greta Van Sustrund (s) and you could have had Megan Kelly.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    Waste of money, and gets manhandled by the better DEs

    he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value.

    He is in great condition and could last another 10 years....and he does the job he is supposed to do. He is only 1 guy. If the other 10 offensive players over the years has played as well as JT has, we would have had multiple postseason appearances, if not titles.

    Don't hold your breath.

    You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    But, we GOT skill players WITHOUT having to unload him, or anyone else.

    No, we got more shit playing skilled positions. These guys are marginally better than Cribbs, and he was pure shit.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed.

    NO ONE else should be excited....because they are not fans. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

    Let me use better terminology. No experts, prognosticators or head coaches are expecting squat from thi team, They won't be disappointed.

    You guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    I am not going to crown it, but I believe it is appreciably better than what we had the last 2 years.

    You sound like Racel Maddow reporting on the ZImmerman case, No evidence but you are making conclusions. You can say that you believe it WILL be better, but you can't smugly sit back and believe it IS better. I am saying it won't be.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    And, if they are 3-5....that would be an improvement. I am not predicting that they will be tremendous....but I can see them being very competitive in just about every game.

    Remember....last year the Browns would have won 2 additional games if only a. LJ Fort catches an int. that was right in his hands vs. the Eagles, and b. if only Marecic catches a pass right in his hands in another game that could have sealed a win.

    Those little things hurt.

    In January of 1979 I found out that if would have asked bit titted Debbie Roman to go skiing with me before Christmas in 78 she would have. That time passed and didn't ocme back.

    Most NFL games are won by a few key events here or there. I have listened to this analogy for so many fucking years now, I actually have a flat spot on teh side of my head where I listened. None of that shit means a thing............. DO YOU KNOW WHY? Because if you go back and watch the replay? You will see similar plays the the opposition ALSO came just that close to making.

    Infusing wins by way of the osmosis of last years almosts, is NOT realism.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    Maybe a little. What fan doesn't do that? Besides you, of course. We can't all play your role of Debby Downer and Wendy Whiner.

    I'm not down, I'm not whining. I am just telling you what I see. That's all. Now, if you go back and look at teh track record, you will see many seasons of you guys claiming the same kind of shit. Each year, you maintain that it is not your talent assessment or the players, but it is some shit like teh system, teh play calling, blah blah blah blah blah.

    WE HAVE NO STAR QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS. It is as simple as that.

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    OK Debby/Wendy

    I'm doing neither. I am telling you the simple truth. Our skill players are not going to threaten opposing defenses. We don't have upper eschalon speed. No matter what fucking plays teh new ass-clowns call, opposing defenses are going to stay home, and smother our offense. We will be watching this shit soon enough.

    EXUSE FOR 4 -12 in 2013? REASON FOR ENTHUSIASM IN 2014? " We just learned a new system" More bullshit.

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    Haslam ain't selling.

    He may be going to jail. The NFL won't allow that. COme to TN, there is a lot of buzz that he has already had those conversations. We will see. One thing I DO know? With his legal problems he will be as absent as Lerner was.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

    In week 10 you will be asking yourself privately, " How the fuck did Ghoolie know that in July". Openly, you will be making up fantasy shit excuses for why I was actually wrong, but special unforseen ciscumstance prevented the team from performing well. To you offense is about mechanics . play calling and all that other bullshit. To me, someone that understand copetition in life, and winning, I see a team with weak players and no QB. The offense will get eaten alive.

    PS..... I never said Lacy over Richardson,, I meant IN ADDITION TO.

    4-12, with an offense that sputters as much as the old one.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    @the-gipper said:

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Gipper - we can agree to disaggree. I was a huge proponent of Julion JOnes, I got blasted for suggesting that he was better than anyone we have. So, you are wrong in saying I would blasted Julio Jones. I wanted us to take him.

    I would not have minded having him, I am only saying that he is not appreciably better ..if at all, than Josh Gordon. So, we have Gordon/Phil Taylor/Weeden in lieu of Jones.

    You have Greta Van Sustrund (s) and you could have had Megan Kelly.

    I am not obsessing on lardass Joe Thomas. What I am saying is that we tied too much money up in him,

    I don't think he costs all that much. The Browns are way, way under the salary cap, so whatever he makes is certainly not putting that much of a financial burden on the salary cap.

    Waste of money, and gets manhandled by the better DEs

    he hasn't done jack-shit for the offense, and he doens't have much time left before he gets injured and loses his value.

    He is in great condition and could last another 10 years....and he does the job he is supposed to do. He is only 1 guy. If the other 10 offensive players over the years has played as well as JT has, we would have had multiple postseason appearances, if not titles.

    Don't hold your breath.

    You asked me what I would have done in the offseason, and getting skilled players by unloading the overpaid fatass would have been a great move.

    But, we GOT skill players WITHOUT having to unload him, or anyone else.

    No, we got more shit playing skilled positions. These guys are marginally better than Cribbs, and he was pure shit.

    I am only pessemistic to a blind zealot. Nobody outside Cleveland is excited and optimistic about where this team is headed.

    NO ONE else should be excited....because they are not fans. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

    Let me use better terminology. No experts, prognosticators or head coaches are expecting squat from thi team, They won't be disappointed.

    You guys want to crown our new offense as really different and improved? By all means, go ahead.

    I am not going to crown it, but I believe it is appreciably better than what we had the last 2 years.

    You sound like Racel Maddow reporting on the ZImmerman case, No evidence but you are making conclusions. You can say that you believe it WILL be better, but you can't smugly sit back and believe it IS better. I am saying it won't be.

    But come week 8 and teh team is 1 -7 and is still impotent on offense, at least give me props for being more intuitive than anyone on the board.

    And, if they are 3-5....that would be an improvement. I am not predicting that they will be tremendous....but I can see them being very competitive in just about every game.

    Remember....last year the Browns would have won 2 additional games if only a. LJ Fort catches an int. that was right in his hands vs. the Eagles, and b. if only Marecic catches a pass right in his hands in another game that could have sealed a win.

    Those little things hurt.

    In January of 1979 I found out that if would have asked bit titted Debbie Roman to go skiing with me before Christmas in 78 she would have. That time passed and didn't ocme back.

    Most NFL games are won by a few key events here or there. I have listened to this analogy for so many fucking years now, I actually have a flat spot on teh side of my head where I listened. None of that shit means a thing............. DO YOU KNOW WHY? Because if you go back and watch the replay? You will see similar plays the the opposition ALSO came just that close to making.

    Infusing wins by way of the osmosis of last years almosts, is NOT realism.

    You guys do this same shit every year, you project what you hope is there,

    Maybe a little. What fan doesn't do that? Besides you, of course. We can't all play your role of Debby Downer and Wendy Whiner.

    I'm not down, I'm not whining. I am just telling you what I see. That's all. Now, if you go back and look at teh track record, you will see many seasons of you guys claiming the same kind of shit. Each year, you maintain that it is not your talent assessment or the players, but it is some shit like teh system, teh play calling, blah blah blah blah blah.

    WE HAVE NO STAR QUALITY SKILL PLAYERS. It is as simple as that.

    I remember reading a Steeler fan post about his experience at St. Vincent, watching the Steelers training camp workouts. He said of Kordell Stewart " you could just see his enthusiasm, you could see him and the new OC connected via eyesight before and ater each play, he went on about Kordell's new mechanics and teh new play calling that would finally push Kordell into the SB.

    I posted that Kordell was cockeyed, and no amount of training for a man that had been throwing a football his entire life would change that. And it didn't.

    Play calling is not going to change Weeden nor the WRs inability to threaten defenses. Defenses will play 9 men within 10 -12 yards of the LOS and the Browns will again sputter and fail.

    OK Debby/Wendy

    I'm doing neither. I am telling you the simple truth. Our skill players are not going to threaten opposing defenses. We don't have upper eschalon speed. No matter what fucking plays teh new ass-clowns call, opposing defenses are going to stay home, and smother our offense. We will be watching this shit soon enough.

    EXUSE FOR 4 -12 in 2013? REASON FOR ENTHUSIASM IN 2014? " We just learned a new system" More bullshit.

    All this other hoopla and fanfare is just the same old bullshit. Haslam potentially selling is also not going to help anything.

    Haslam ain't selling.

    He may be going to jail. The NFL won't allow that. COme to TN, there is a lot of buzz that he has already had those conversations. We will see. One thing I DO know? With his legal problems he will be as absent as Lerner was.

    This team will look like Shurmur's team.

    How could anyone possibly tell that? They haven't played a single down yet.

    In week 10 you will be asking yourself privately, " How the fuck did Ghoolie know that in July". Openly, you will be making up fantasy shit excuses for why I was actually wrong, but special unforseen ciscumstance prevented the team from performing well. To you offense is about mechanics . play calling and all that other bullshit. To me, someone that understand copetition in life, and winning, I see a team with weak players and no QB. The offense will get eaten alive.

    PS..... I never said Lacy over Richardson,, I meant IN ADDITION TO.

    4-12, with an offense that sputters as much as the old one.

    Jesus, it must be depressing being you.

  • @miktoxic said:

    well you better knock them down a notch or two with von miller's upcoming suspension.

    could just be a wild card berth.

    and BTW fuck john elway, the broncos and their holy 'air'. (believe me, did AIT at lowry AFB in aurora in the early eighties......i ran faster times in our PT tests then i had in missouri, kentucky and germany).

    sorta like smokin one of them 'vapor' cigarettes.

    w/o miller they go from a 11 and 5 team to a 9 and 7.

    Assuming Miller misses the first 4 games, their schedule is Ravens (H), Giants (A), Raiders(H), Eagles (H). The Donkeys could easily go 3-1 in that stretch, even without Miller.

    @hoorta said:

    Assuming Miller misses the first 4 games, their schedule is Ravens (H), Giants (A), Raiders(H), Eagles (H). The Donkeys could easily go 3-1 in that stretch, even without Miller.

    or 1 and 3.

    between now and then is a flippin century.

    only real weak team of those mentioned is oakland and they're division rivals.

    broncos have bullseyes on their backs this year.