Skip to content

Playoff Predictions

The Browns Board
102 27 3.3k
  • @vagitron said:

    Sure thing boss hog. He's widely regarded as one of the best "young" coaches in the NFL and has proven that with the Steelers since being hired. He's loved by his players and he gets results.

    Gipper I don't feel very inclined to respond to one of your item by item dissections. Steve McClendon is not a rookie and he's flown under the radar BUT there is a reason the Steelers haven't invested a high draft pick in a DT and let Hampton walk. Ta'amu also came in to camp in the best shape of his life, down I believe 30 pounds and really muscled up. I also love that you're some sort of expert on inter-division stuff when you see fit. You're clueless when it comes to anything but the Browns and have proven that countless times since I first began posting on this board. The Steeler line has the prowess to be a lot better than average but I guess we'll find out. People are also expecting big, big things from Le"veon Bell and he's not injury prone.

    EDIT: And go back through the last 15 years of Steeler football. They have one down season every 3 years and down is usually 8-8. You all can continue to live in the land of delusions where the Browns are on the cusp of the Super Bowl. You'll continue to draft inside the top 10.

    whatever homotron. just my opinion. not trying to hurt your feelings.

    i will say you are a true steeler fan and will give you props for that. (why you peruse this board fascinates me though).

    i think tomlin is an average coach who landed in at the doorstep of your HC position and has been OK leading them since then (yeah great right after the chin left him a superbowl winner) but is average since then. of course you'll respond by saying the browns would be lucky to have such a coaching squad and to that point i'd say yes.

    but let me make my point here. let's see how he does when some of those 'dead-on' 'never miss' steeler picks are washouts and ben can no longer shake off 3 guys to extend the play cuz your talent at WR has fallen through the cracks. let's see tomlin pull this team together when ben is out, no more J the head hunter H at linebacker and pretty boy is done.

    as you well know i (the amazin toxic) had envisioned your demise going on 2 years now, and this my friend, will be the year that breaks the steelers back and will have to start from scratch next year.

    so see ya in the cellar. just try picking out a nice bordeaux while you're down there.

    @miktoxic said:

    whatever homotron. just my opinion. not trying to hurt your feelings.

    i will say you are a true steeler fan and will give you props for that. (why you peruse this board fascinates me though).

    i think tomlin is an average coach who landed in at the doorstep of your HC position and has been OK leading them since then (yeah great right after the chin left him a superbowl winner) but is average since then. of course you'll respond by saying the browns would be lucky to have such a coaching squad and to that point i'd say yes.

    but let me make my point here. let's see how he does when some of those 'dead-on' 'never miss' steeler picks are washouts and ben can no longer shake off 3 guys to extend the play cuz your talent at WR has fallen through the cracks. let's see tomlin pull this team together when ben is out, no more J the head hunter H at linebacker and pretty boy is done.

    as you well know i (the amazin toxic) had envisioned your demise going on 2 years now, and this my friend, will be the year that breaks the steelers back and will have to start from scratch next year.

    so see ya in the cellar. just try picking out a nice bordeaux while you're down there.

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

  • @miktoxic said:

    whatever homotron. just my opinion. not trying to hurt your feelings.

    i will say you are a true steeler fan and will give you props for that. (why you peruse this board fascinates me though).

    i think tomlin is an average coach who landed in at the doorstep of your HC position and has been OK leading them since then (yeah great right after the chin left him a superbowl winner) but is average since then. of course you'll respond by saying the browns would be lucky to have such a coaching squad and to that point i'd say yes.

    but let me make my point here. let's see how he does when some of those 'dead-on' 'never miss' steeler picks are washouts and ben can no longer shake off 3 guys to extend the play cuz your talent at WR has fallen through the cracks. let's see tomlin pull this team together when ben is out, no more J the head hunter H at linebacker and pretty boy is done.

    as you well know i (the amazin toxic) had envisioned your demise going on 2 years now, and this my friend, will be the year that breaks the steelers back and will have to start from scratch next year.

    so see ya in the cellar. just try picking out a nice bordeaux while you're down there.

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    @vagitron said:




    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.


    one of my 2 best friends here is a steelers fan the other a giant fan, so i hear squawk everyday. i've already got our annual 'who's team will have the better record' bet in as well as some other noted loudmouths looking for the manning bros. superbowl.

    if i was back in OH and knew the ins and outs of everything CLE vs. PITT i could argue more to the point. my views are based on what i read here, other internet jabberbox sports sites and my wonderful insight from friends who have teams on both AFC and NFC then some have multiple teams within each (depending on what jersey matches his adidas when he goes out).

    the steelers are a strong team. the browns are getting better, baltimore will be hurting this year which leads me to believe that it's between you guys and the bengals. now if weeden all of a sudden got slipped a man pill and plays like troy aikman then it's a whole nother story.
  • @miktoxic said:

    whatever homotron. just my opinion. not trying to hurt your feelings.

    i will say you are a true steeler fan and will give you props for that. (why you peruse this board fascinates me though).

    i think tomlin is an average coach who landed in at the doorstep of your HC position and has been OK leading them since then (yeah great right after the chin left him a superbowl winner) but is average since then. of course you'll respond by saying the browns would be lucky to have such a coaching squad and to that point i'd say yes.

    but let me make my point here. let's see how he does when some of those 'dead-on' 'never miss' steeler picks are washouts and ben can no longer shake off 3 guys to extend the play cuz your talent at WR has fallen through the cracks. let's see tomlin pull this team together when ben is out, no more J the head hunter H at linebacker and pretty boy is done.

    as you well know i (the amazin toxic) had envisioned your demise going on 2 years now, and this my friend, will be the year that breaks the steelers back and will have to start from scratch next year.

    so see ya in the cellar. just try picking out a nice bordeaux while you're down there.

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    @vagitron said:

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah..yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah...We've heard it all before chumlee..save your breath...dont burn the mac n cheese now chumlee...

  • @miktoxic said:

    whatever homotron. just my opinion. not trying to hurt your feelings.

    i will say you are a true steeler fan and will give you props for that. (why you peruse this board fascinates me though).

    i think tomlin is an average coach who landed in at the doorstep of your HC position and has been OK leading them since then (yeah great right after the chin left him a superbowl winner) but is average since then. of course you'll respond by saying the browns would be lucky to have such a coaching squad and to that point i'd say yes.

    but let me make my point here. let's see how he does when some of those 'dead-on' 'never miss' steeler picks are washouts and ben can no longer shake off 3 guys to extend the play cuz your talent at WR has fallen through the cracks. let's see tomlin pull this team together when ben is out, no more J the head hunter H at linebacker and pretty boy is done.

    as you well know i (the amazin toxic) had envisioned your demise going on 2 years now, and this my friend, will be the year that breaks the steelers back and will have to start from scratch next year.

    so see ya in the cellar. just try picking out a nice bordeaux while you're down there.

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    @vagitron said:

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    Sorry if I want to disagree. Your "sky's the limit" is only if the Steelers can catch a miracle like the Ravens did last year against the Broncos. Yes, I realize the ESPN Frontrunners have penciled Pittsburgh in for a possible playoff spot. You're arguably better than the Browns at two positions- a healthy Ben, and Poly-moo-moo.

    A few yeas back, I said there were maybe 2 guys on the Browns who could start for the Steelers- that's no longer the case- hate to tell you- it's more like the 50-50 range now, homerism aside.

    The Browns lost a lot of close games last year mainly due to lousy coaching- and a horrible scheme based on the players at hand.

    It's the season of optimism, and as they say "it's why you play the games."

  • @vagitron said:

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    Sorry if I want to disagree. Your "sky's the limit" is only if the Steelers can catch a miracle like the Ravens did last year against the Broncos. Yes, I realize the ESPN Frontrunners have penciled Pittsburgh in for a possible playoff spot. You're arguably better than the Browns at two positions- a healthy Ben, and Poly-moo-moo.

    A few yeas back, I said there were maybe 2 guys on the Browns who could start for the Steelers- that's no longer the case- hate to tell you- it's more like the 50-50 range now, homerism aside.

    The Browns lost a lot of close games last year mainly due to lousy coaching- and a horrible scheme based on the players at hand.

    It's the season of optimism, and as they say "it's why you play the games."

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry if I want to disagree. Your "sky's the limit" is only if the Steelers can catch a miracle like the Ravens did last year against the Broncos. Yes, I realize the ESPN Frontrunners have penciled Pittsburgh in for a possible playoff spot. You're arguably better than the Browns at two positions- a healthy Ben, and Poly-moo-moo.

    A few yeas back, I said there were maybe 2 guys on the Browns who could start for the Steelers- that's no longer the case- hate to tell you- it's more like the 50-50 range now, homerism aside.

    The Browns lost a lot of close games last year mainly due to lousy coaching- and a horrible scheme based on the players at hand.

    It's the season of optimism, and as they say "it's why you play the games."

    What the hell are you talking about? 50/50 get real. It's still only a handful of Browns with a competition at a few other positions. I think it's insane that you've only labeled two positions better for the Steelers than the Browns. Insane.

  • Tomlin IS an average coach. He is akin to Marty Stinkenhiemer who took a potent SIpeRutigliano offense, and slowly more and mroe each year slipped into his own horrible coaching rut. LOSER.

    Tomlin took Cowher's team and each year it has ecome weaker and effeminate.

    BLITZBURGH? No more. Cower's teams existed to kill the QB on defense, and pound the opposing D with RBs, TEs, and big plays.

    The Steelers don't pubish anyone, anymore.

    Tomlin = Marty = Shit Coach = Soon to be unemployded.

  • Offense, particularly offense with a great QB, is the central theme to building a winning football team.

    I don't care how great teh defense is, if the O goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out all day long, the defense will tire, falter and get whipped. Without ofense, the defense not only tires, but lacks the belief in winning that causes men to play with emotion and adrenaline.

    Furthermore, a defense that has to lay too many downs is a defense that is injury prone and that wears out orribly by the last 1/3 of the season.

    Defense as always depended on a strong offense to win year after year. The Ravens won in spite of Dilfer, BUT, the NY Giants were a weak, weak opponent.

    Dumb teams draft multi-situational payers, and as history shows, the Kordell Stewart/RG3 experiments never work. Mingo is a hybrid player. Ooooh, Oooooh , Oooooh, I can hear your excitement now, "Oh he can play OLB or DE, he is like Kearse.............. ah, no, he isn't. He is too lanky for OLB and too small for DE. He fits neither mold and will excell at neither. Like Cribbs...... another waste of space, on a weak team like the Browns, he will make some plays, get the fans emotional,, BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, like Joe Thomas.............. another waste of space............. will do jack-fugging-nothing to win ball games.

    Bottom line? The Browns don't have enough big league skill at positions that touch the ball and make a difference. Just like Jim Brown was shut down in so many title attempts, it is easy to shut down Richardso because of our one dimensional offense.

    Be realistic. No QB, no deep threats, and no running game support. Our Dwill be improved, but it will tire, wear out, hav more injuries than other defenses and do absolutely nothing to win games in the long run of teh season.

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    if ur so sure put some money down.

    i'll keep it cheap for you-a Benjamin says they win 5 or more. if that's too steep we can lower it as well. or...loser leaves the board for the rest of 2013. name it.

    if u choose cash we put the money upfront and an impartial member can hold it until the end of season. if it's membership maybe a mod is willing to help w that. 🙂

  • @miktoxic said:

    whatever homotron. just my opinion. not trying to hurt your feelings.

    i will say you are a true steeler fan and will give you props for that. (why you peruse this board fascinates me though).

    i think tomlin is an average coach who landed in at the doorstep of your HC position and has been OK leading them since then (yeah great right after the chin left him a superbowl winner) but is average since then. of course you'll respond by saying the browns would be lucky to have such a coaching squad and to that point i'd say yes.

    but let me make my point here. let's see how he does when some of those 'dead-on' 'never miss' steeler picks are washouts and ben can no longer shake off 3 guys to extend the play cuz your talent at WR has fallen through the cracks. let's see tomlin pull this team together when ben is out, no more J the head hunter H at linebacker and pretty boy is done.

    as you well know i (the amazin toxic) had envisioned your demise going on 2 years now, and this my friend, will be the year that breaks the steelers back and will have to start from scratch next year.

    so see ya in the cellar. just try picking out a nice bordeaux while you're down there.

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    @vagitron said:

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    A "player's coach" doesn't necessarily mean a "talented" coach. Tomlin just acts tough, uses motivational statements like "next man up!," and a whole bunch of "rah rah." He doesn't throw his players under the bus after games, and takes responsibility for losses. He also gives the players all the credit for the wins... I give him credit for that. As far as Xs and Os, I have seen him make some stupid HC decisions, and before you say I don't know what I'm talking about, my fiance is a Steelers fan and I have been watching every one of their games for the past 7 years we've been together. I have been to games at HInes field, watched them live on TV, or watched their game DVR'd every Sunday... I lived in Pittsburgh for 3 years during the SB runs. I have a lot of respect for their consistency and stability from year to year, and am looking forward to the day the Browns have that type of stability, but no matter how you spin it......

    1) The current team is a .500 team, no better.

    2) The threat of injury to Ben has to be a concern (as with every franchise QB, but Ben gets hit more than most)

    3) When the team is in need of a big coaching decision, is Tomlin really the guy you want making it... for me, no. I'd rather have any of the Browns coaches since '99 in a pure Xs and Os situation (sans Shurmur, I still hate Shurmur).

  • @miktoxic said:

    yeah tomlin got lucky and fell into the lap of a good all around team with sound veteran leadership and quality players at key positions.

    put him on the browns that same year and he'd make shumur look good.

    Sure thing boss hog. He's widely regarded as one of the best "young" coaches in the NFL and has proven that with the Steelers since being hired. He's loved by his players and he gets results.

    Gipper I don't feel very inclined to respond to one of your item by item dissections. Steve McClendon is not a rookie and he's flown under the radar BUT there is a reason the Steelers haven't invested a high draft pick in a DT and let Hampton walk. Ta'amu also came in to camp in the best shape of his life, down I believe 30 pounds and really muscled up. I also love that you're some sort of expert on inter-division stuff when you see fit. You're clueless when it comes to anything but the Browns and have proven that countless times since I first began posting on this board. The Steeler line has the prowess to be a lot better than average but I guess we'll find out. People are also expecting big, big things from Le"veon Bell and he's not injury prone.

    EDIT: And go back through the last 15 years of Steeler football. They have one down season every 3 years and down is usually 8-8. You all can continue to live in the land of delusions where the Browns are on the cusp of the Super Bowl. You'll continue to draft inside the top 10.

    @vagitron said:

    Sure thing boss hog. He's widely regarded as one of the best "young" coaches in the NFL and has proven that with the Steelers since being hired. He's loved by his players and he gets results.

    Gipper I don't feel very inclined to respond to one of your item by item dissections.

    What? Never watched Romper Room? Can't follow the bouncing ball?

    Steve McClendon is not a rookie and he's flown under the radar BUT there is a reason the Steelers haven't invested a high draft pick in a DT and let Hampton walk. Ta'amu also came in to camp in the best shape of his life, down I believe 30 pounds and really muscled up. I also love that you're some sort of expert on inter-division stuff when you see fit. You're clueless when it comes to anything but the Browns and have proven that countless times since I first began posting on this board.

    The ONLY thing that your have proven is that you are a typical ignorant Steeler fan, and make up for it by thinking that if no one else knows every detail about everything Steelers that they don't know "the division". And also, that you have a pussy.

    The Steeler line has the prowess to be a lot better than average but I guess we'll find out. People are also expecting big, big things from Le"veon Bell and he's not injury prone.

    You mean "Steeler fans are expecting big big things from Leveon Bell....because he is all they got.

    EDIT: And go back through the last 15 years of Steeler football. They have one down season every 3 years and down is usually 8-8. You all can continue to live in the land of delusions where the Browns are on the cusp of the Super Bowl. You'll continue to draft inside the top 10.

    And from 1946-1972 the Browns had one single season and their stint on top was never going to stop.

    And the Roman Empire still rules the world...or is that the Greek Empire...or the Mongol Empire....or the British Empire.

  • @vagitron said:

    Fair enough and I obviously disagree with you on Tomlin. I'm not exactly sure what Tomlin has done to indicate he's a "average" coach since being given the job. He's a players coach and receives high praise from just about everyone. I believe it was recently voted by players in the league that he was the coach they most desired to be coached by at some point in their career. I love the guy and think he's perfect for the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers. As far as the rest is concerned if Ben stays healthy the sky is the limit. If he gets hurt it's going to be tough BUT that goes with every team in the NFL with a franchise QB. People here have also been predicting the demise of the Steelers for a lot longer than 2 years. Hell i remember being on here arguing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl against the damn seahawks and then again against the Cardinals. Each offseason leading up to those seasons it was "The Steelers are done" on this board. They drafted a QB in Landry Jones to be the heir apparent. We'll see if it happens. I loved this last draft and the draft before this one for that matter. Only time will tell how these players pan out but Bell is already showing tremendous blocking prowess and Jarvis Jones is a monster with his hands and getting to the QB. They put those two up against one another today and because of Jarvis and his hands he got the best of Bell twice but then Bell adjusted and got him twice. Bell also stood up Lamar Woodley once. He's gonna be a good one and in this new blocking scheme I expect the line to gel as well.

    Sorry if I want to disagree. Your "sky's the limit" is only if the Steelers can catch a miracle like the Ravens did last year against the Broncos. Yes, I realize the ESPN Frontrunners have penciled Pittsburgh in for a possible playoff spot. You're arguably better than the Browns at two positions- a healthy Ben, and Poly-moo-moo.

    A few yeas back, I said there were maybe 2 guys on the Browns who could start for the Steelers- that's no longer the case- hate to tell you- it's more like the 50-50 range now, homerism aside.

    The Browns lost a lot of close games last year mainly due to lousy coaching- and a horrible scheme based on the players at hand.

    It's the season of optimism, and as they say "it's why you play the games."

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry if I want to disagree. Your "sky's the limit" is only if the Steelers can catch a miracle like the Ravens did last year against the Broncos. Yes, I realize the ESPN Frontrunners have penciled Pittsburgh in for a possible playoff spot. You're arguably better than the Browns at two positions- a healthy Ben, and Poly-moo-moo.

    Ben, probably, Definitely on Polamalu. Not any more.

    And the heart and soul of the Steelers over the years, the linebacking corps is better....but with the Browns new acquisitions that gap has narrowed.

    A few yeas back, I said there were maybe 2 guys on the Browns who could start for the Steelers- that's no longer the case- hate to tell you- it's more like the 50-50 range now, homerism aside.

    The Browns lost a lot of close games last year mainly due to lousy coaching- and a horrible scheme based on the players at hand.

    It's the season of optimism, and as they say "it's why you play the games."

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry if I want to disagree. Your "sky's the limit" is only if the Steelers can catch a miracle like the Ravens did last year against the Broncos. Yes, I realize the ESPN Frontrunners have penciled Pittsburgh in for a possible playoff spot. You're arguably better than the Browns at two positions- a healthy Ben, and Poly-moo-moo.

    A few yeas back, I said there were maybe 2 guys on the Browns who could start for the Steelers- that's no longer the case- hate to tell you- it's more like the 50-50 range now, homerism aside.

    The Browns lost a lot of close games last year mainly due to lousy coaching- and a horrible scheme based on the players at hand.

    It's the season of optimism, and as they say "it's why you play the games."

    What the hell are you talking about? 50/50 get real. It's still only a handful of Browns with a competition at a few other positions. I think it's insane that you've only labeled two positions better for the Steelers than the Browns. Insane.

    @vagitron said:

    What the hell are you talking about? 50/50 get real. It's still only a handful of Browns with a competition at a few other positions. I think it's insane that you've only labeled two positions better for the Steelers than the Browns. Insane.

    50/50 does sound right...and I am not sure I would give the Steelers that. See my divisional breakdown

    QB: Steelers

    RB: Browns

    FB: no one

    TE: Steelers

    WR: Steelers....but only by virtue of experience, that could be subject to change

    OL: Browns hold edge in 4 or 5 positions...and I am not even willing to concede that Pouncey is one bit better than Mack. IF, IF IF, DeCastro plays and lives up to his draft status, then maybe he will become better than our OGs

    DL: Browns have edge in 2 of 3 slots

    LB: Steelers have edge in 3 of 4 slots

    DB: Even, Browns 2, Steelers 2.

  • @emporerghoolie said:

    Add to this that the NFL is pressuring the Haslam ownership to sell, to avoid an NFL scandal, and again you have a season over before it has started.

    The Browns will go 3-13 +/- 1 win. That's it. Done. fini.

    if ur so sure put some money down.

    i'll keep it cheap for you-a Benjamin says they win 5 or more. if that's too steep we can lower it as well. or...loser leaves the board for the rest of 2013. name it.

    if u choose cash we put the money upfront and an impartial member can hold it until the end of season. if it's membership maybe a mod is willing to help w that. 🙂

    @sisky-fringo said:

    if ur so sure put some money down.

    i'll keep it cheap for you-a Benjamin says they win 5 or more. if that's too steap we can lower it as well. or...loser leaves the board for the rest of 2013. name it.

    if u choose cash we put the money upfront and an impartial member can hold it until the end of season. if it's membership maybe a mod is willing to help w that. 🙂

    I have already offeed to meet a bet someone elsewhere on this board challanged me with.

    I am willing to bet $500 per win with anyone who wamts to take up the bet. I will send a cashiers check for $8,000 to a mutually agreed upon proxy. I am cool with Rich or West Side Steve holding the cash. At 4 - 12 I get $12K back, and you get 4K back.

    8-8, which is way past a miracle is what your new, terriffic Browns would need to do to break you even.

    Let me know.

  • @vagitron said:

    What the hell are you talking about? 50/50 get real. It's still only a handful of Browns with a competition at a few other positions. I think it's insane that you've only labeled two positions better for the Steelers than the Browns. Insane.

    50/50 does sound right...and I am not sure I would give the Steelers that. See my divisional breakdown

    QB: Steelers

    RB: Browns

    FB: no one

    TE: Steelers

    WR: Steelers....but only by virtue of experience, that could be subject to change

    OL: Browns hold edge in 4 or 5 positions...and I am not even willing to concede that Pouncey is one bit better than Mack. IF, IF IF, DeCastro plays and lives up to his draft status, then maybe he will become better than our OGs

    DL: Browns have edge in 2 of 3 slots

    LB: Steelers have edge in 3 of 4 slots

    DB: Even, Browns 2, Steelers 2.

    @the-gipper said:

    50/50 does sound right...and I am not sure I would give the Steelers that. See my divisional breakdown

    QB: Steelers

    RB: Browns

    FB: no one

    TE: Steelers

    WR: Steelers....but only by virtue of experience, that could be subject to change

    OL: Browns hold edge in 4 or 5 positions...and I am not even willing to concede that Pouncey is one bit better than Mack. IF, IF IF, DeCastro plays and lives up to his draft status, then maybe he will become better than our OGs

    DL: Browns have edge in 2 of 3 slots

    LB: Steelers have edge in 3 of 4 slots

    DB: Even, Browns 2, Steelers 2.

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    OL? PULEEZE, the Steelers OL may have had a off year, but if you think that organization doesn't know how to fix a OL and fix it quick, then you havn'et been watching Steeler football at all.

    Saying the Browns are close in WRs is idiotic. Our two top guys are dropping footballs in the touch footbal league. NONE of the Steelers guys ever do that shit. The camp reports on the Steelers talks about guys competing with each other and heated play making. Tomlin is not having to teach WRs to catch. Good lord man, this was the same thing last year. Gordon and Little SUCK, and they SUCK BIG TIME.

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

  • @the-gipper said:

    50/50 does sound right...and I am not sure I would give the Steelers that. See my divisional breakdown

    QB: Steelers

    RB: Browns

    FB: no one

    TE: Steelers

    WR: Steelers....but only by virtue of experience, that could be subject to change

    OL: Browns hold edge in 4 or 5 positions...and I am not even willing to concede that Pouncey is one bit better than Mack. IF, IF IF, DeCastro plays and lives up to his draft status, then maybe he will become better than our OGs

    DL: Browns have edge in 2 of 3 slots

    LB: Steelers have edge in 3 of 4 slots

    DB: Even, Browns 2, Steelers 2.

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    OL? PULEEZE, the Steelers OL may have had a off year, but if you think that organization doesn't know how to fix a OL and fix it quick, then you havn'et been watching Steeler football at all.

    Saying the Browns are close in WRs is idiotic. Our two top guys are dropping footballs in the touch footbal league. NONE of the Steelers guys ever do that shit. The camp reports on the Steelers talks about guys competing with each other and heated play making. Tomlin is not having to teach WRs to catch. Good lord man, this was the same thing last year. Gordon and Little SUCK, and they SUCK BIG TIME.

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    OL? PULEEZE, the Steelers OL may have had a off year, but if you think that organization doesn't know how to fix a OL and fix it quick, then you havn'et been watching Steeler football at all.

    Saying the Browns are close in WRs is idiotic. Our two top guys are dropping footballs in the touch footbal league. NONE of the Steelers guys ever do that shit. The camp reports on the Steelers talks about guys competing with each other and heated play making. Tomlin is not having to teach WRs to catch. Good lord man, this was the same thing last year. Gordon and Little SUCK, and they SUCK BIG TIME.

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

    OMG quit posting this garbage...

    What exactly are you basing your analysis on?

    Everything you say just sounds like a drunk ass rambling after being beaten, dumped, and robbed by an ex-girlfriend... You display ZERO knowledge of football...

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    if ur so sure put some money down.

    i'll keep it cheap for you-a Benjamin says they win 5 or more. if that's too steap we can lower it as well. or...loser leaves the board for the rest of 2013. name it.

    if u choose cash we put the money upfront and an impartial member can hold it until the end of season. if it's membership maybe a mod is willing to help w that. 🙂

    I have already offeed to meet a bet someone elsewhere on this board challanged me with.

    I am willing to bet $500 per win with anyone who wamts to take up the bet. I will send a cashiers check for $8,000 to a mutually agreed upon proxy. I am cool with Rich or West Side Steve holding the cash. At 4 - 12 I get $12K back, and you get 4K back.

    8-8, which is way past a miracle is what your new, terriffic Browns would need to do to break you even.

    Let me know.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    I have already offeed to meet a bet someone elsewhere on this board challanged me with.

    I am willing to bet $500 per win with anyone who wamts to take up the bet. I will send a cashiers check for $8,000 to a mutually agreed upon proxy. I am cool with Rich or West Side Steve holding the cash. At 4 - 12 I get $12K back, and you get 4K back.

    8-8, which is way past a miracle is what your new, terriffic Browns would need to do to break you even.

    Let me know.

    I will bet you 500 that the browns win at least 5 regular season games in 2013. pm me so we can firm things up.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    if ur so sure put some money down.

    i'll keep it cheap for you-a Benjamin says they win 5 or more. if that's too steap we can lower it as well. or...loser leaves the board for the rest of 2013. name it.

    if u choose cash we put the money upfront and an impartial member can hold it until the end of season. if it's membership maybe a mod is willing to help w that. 🙂

    I have already offeed to meet a bet someone elsewhere on this board challanged me with.

    I am willing to bet $500 per win with anyone who wamts to take up the bet. I will send a cashiers check for $8,000 to a mutually agreed upon proxy. I am cool with Rich or West Side Steve holding the cash. At 4 - 12 I get $12K back, and you get 4K back.

    8-8, which is way past a miracle is what your new, terriffic Browns would need to do to break you even.

    Let me know.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    I have already offeed to meet a bet someone elsewhere on this board challanged me with.

    I am willing to bet $500 per win with anyone who wamts to take up the bet. I will send a cashiers check for $8,000 to a mutually agreed upon proxy. I am cool with Rich or West Side Steve holding the cash. At 4 - 12 I get $12K back, and you get 4K back.

    8-8, which is way past a miracle is what your new, terriffic Browns would need to do to break you even.

    Let me know.

    thanks for the reply EG. i have faith they will be better than 3-13...but them needing to go 9-7 to win any $$ frankly sucks. if i understand correctly ur offer has you still making money if the Browns go 7-9...wtf? you claimed +/-3 wins in your post...this bet is not at all consistent with your claims.

    how about an alternative. let's put the over/under at 5...last year's record...which allows for the Browns to win 2 more games than you predicted without you losing anything. an incredibly fair and reasonable wager for you by anyone's standards.

    obviously, i'll take the over...flat rate, winner takes all. i'll do anything up to 10k and will trust WSS...or Ballpeen or Zombo as alternates if they are willing. if the Browns do the same as last year it's simply a wash.

    let's see if you really believe the words you say...or prove to be the flame-baiting troll many claim you as.

  • @the-gipper said:

    50/50 does sound right...and I am not sure I would give the Steelers that. See my divisional breakdown

    QB: Steelers

    RB: Browns

    FB: no one

    TE: Steelers

    WR: Steelers....but only by virtue of experience, that could be subject to change

    OL: Browns hold edge in 4 or 5 positions...and I am not even willing to concede that Pouncey is one bit better than Mack. IF, IF IF, DeCastro plays and lives up to his draft status, then maybe he will become better than our OGs

    DL: Browns have edge in 2 of 3 slots

    LB: Steelers have edge in 3 of 4 slots

    DB: Even, Browns 2, Steelers 2.

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    OL? PULEEZE, the Steelers OL may have had a off year, but if you think that organization doesn't know how to fix a OL and fix it quick, then you havn'et been watching Steeler football at all.

    Saying the Browns are close in WRs is idiotic. Our two top guys are dropping footballs in the touch footbal league. NONE of the Steelers guys ever do that shit. The camp reports on the Steelers talks about guys competing with each other and heated play making. Tomlin is not having to teach WRs to catch. Good lord man, this was the same thing last year. Gordon and Little SUCK, and they SUCK BIG TIME.

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

    Sure Richardson is an injury risk- you're forgetting our Steeler pal is betting an equally big injury risk in Poly-Moo-moo is going to stay healthy too.

    Hey- Doofus- I'll grant you Norv Turner was mediocre at best as a HC. However, he's considered one of the best offensive coordinators in the business.

    Nice way to hedge your bet. You said 4 wins. That's the wash- $500 for every over under. If you're so damn certain this team sucks- you can't lose. If you're seriously wrong- it's going to cost you.

  • @the-gipper said:

    50/50 does sound right...and I am not sure I would give the Steelers that. See my divisional breakdown

    QB: Steelers

    RB: Browns

    FB: no one

    TE: Steelers

    WR: Steelers....but only by virtue of experience, that could be subject to change

    OL: Browns hold edge in 4 or 5 positions...and I am not even willing to concede that Pouncey is one bit better than Mack. IF, IF IF, DeCastro plays and lives up to his draft status, then maybe he will become better than our OGs

    DL: Browns have edge in 2 of 3 slots

    LB: Steelers have edge in 3 of 4 slots

    DB: Even, Browns 2, Steelers 2.

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    OL? PULEEZE, the Steelers OL may have had a off year, but if you think that organization doesn't know how to fix a OL and fix it quick, then you havn'et been watching Steeler football at all.

    Saying the Browns are close in WRs is idiotic. Our two top guys are dropping footballs in the touch footbal league. NONE of the Steelers guys ever do that shit. The camp reports on the Steelers talks about guys competing with each other and heated play making. Tomlin is not having to teach WRs to catch. Good lord man, this was the same thing last year. Gordon and Little SUCK, and they SUCK BIG TIME.

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

    @emporerghoolie said:

    @emporerghoolie said:

    There is NO WAY the Browns have the edge at RB. Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not realize that the same thing that happened to Hillisin year two is about to happen to Richardson for the same reason? The Browns threaten NO defese deep, and they can't spread the ball around. Defenses will hover and shut Richardson down before he can find a hole to do his stuff.

    OK Ghoolie, put down the peyote pipe. If you just look at the pure talent that is at the position, no one in his right mind thinks that Leveon Bell has the potential that TR has. So, yes, in a vacuum the Browns have the definite advantage. Now, your question comes in at: Will the running game, as part of the offensive mix be superior for the Browns vs. the Steelers running game. Well, last year, even with a hurt ass RB, it was better.

    Now, with Bell are the Steelers improved? I say surely yes. But TR and the Browns run game will improve also.

    OL? PULEEZE, the Steelers OL may have had a off year, but if you think that organization doesn't know how to fix a OL and fix it quick, then you havn'et been watching Steeler football at all.

    Oh, I agree that the Steelers have done well in the past in that area....and with their investment of HIGH DRAFT PICKS IN OFFENSIVE LINEMEN, they may again. (Imagine that Ghoolie....a team stupid enough....by YOUR own definition to draft OL high...why on earth would you be praising a team for doing that?)

    Saying the Browns are close in WRs is idiotic. Our two top guys are dropping footballs in the touch footbal league. NONE of the Steelers guys ever do that shit. The camp reports on the Steelers talks about guys competing with each other and heated play making. Tomlin is not having to teach WRs to catch. Good lord man, this was the same thing last year. Gordon and Little SUCK, and they SUCK BIG TIME.

    Well, now it is you who is apparently not watching. Brown and Sanders are OK. And as far as our guys sucking...what gives you such intimate knowledge into suckitude?

    Dude, I love the Browns too, but this constant fantasy analysis year after year needs to stop at some point.

    Right now we have nothing to go on but "projection". You project that the Browns will be as bad as ever. I project that they will be considerably improved. You project that the Steelers, just because they have that name and have done so in the past, will be great once again (despite saying that their HC sucks). I project that they are not at all improved from last year when they were mediocre....in fact, are going to be worse. Only keeping BR healthy the whole year is the only thing that can give them a shot.

    Your skills at this are no better than mine son.

    This team will have an ffense no better and in man places, worse than last year. Norv Turner is a loser.

    As a HC, yea, Norv sucked....but he has been one of the better OCs for a long time.

  • I like the Browns chances to make a playoff run. While I won't be floored but a sub .500 record; I'll think with a new system both offensively and defensively a sub .500 record just seems less likely. This coaching staff seems very dedicated and will demand the players to produce on the field. Those that don't produce won't be maintained for years on end like we've seen in the past. Sucking won't be tolerated by this coaching staff and front office. Is Ghoolie's prediction totally out in left field? I don't think so because it's based on the past 14 years of suck; save the two years of winning records (2002 and 2007). I do believe that us being sorry won't last for much longer if it doesn't stop this year. With all that said I look forward to the season ahead and at the very least we won't be seeing too much unwatchable football this year.

  • On the original topic, I agree with Mark S.'s assessment for the Division Champion Play-off teams in the AFC.

    1) Cincinnati

    2) Houston

    3) Denver

    4) New England

    I'm not sure who the wild cards will be. I want to believe the Steelers are play-off bound, but I just don't see it happening this year. The Steelers have alot of potential with some young unproven players, but then again, so does every team. Roethlisberger can make this team overachieve, even if some talent is not realized. I see the Steelers defense slipping out of the top 5 this year. Even though they were rated no#1 last year, they really weren't. The Steelers defense just couldn't turn the ball over and on many critical drives they let the opponent score. I think Pittsburgh's D will improve over the course of the season, but there will be alot of opportunities for opponents to score big against Pittsburgh in the first 6-8 weeks.

    Objectively, the Steelers could be 6-10 or 10-6, and based on what I know of the Browns, they seem to have for the potential for their season to break similarly. An injury or a few lucky breaks can really be the difference between landing a play-off spot or getting a high draft spot for either Pittsburgh or Cleveland. The Ravens have suffered some big loses this offseason, but Harbaugh has been one helluva coach for them. I'd see the Ravens as 7-9 to 11-5...at least before Pitta went out for the year. The Pitta loss was huge for the Ravens...but if Flacco can find a new safety net, that might not matter as much as I think.

    The Dolphins are over-rated and I don't know why Mark overlooked Indy (for either Pittsburgh or Miami)...I'm not really seeing any other play-off teams from the East. The Chargers and especially Indy can still threaten for a play-off spot.