Skip to content

Mangini thinks he smells a Rat in the Browns organization

The Browns Board
30 19 2.5k
  • R Rocky20 wrote on last edited by
    #18
    I believe the Rooney's had the snitch on their pay roll. Just how low will these guys go ....

    As I said before Shitnears we will do whatever it takes

  • R Rocky20 wrote on last edited by
    #19
    Yeah, Patsy ... we're laid back.

    I wouldnt call you laid back - I would call you LOSERS! 🙄

  • Yeah, Patsy ... we're laid back.

    I wouldnt call you laid back - I would call you LOSERS! 🙄

    listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @rocky20 said:

    I wouldnt call you laid back - I would call you LOSERS! 🙄

    If that is so; why are you here?

  • J JoeSixPat wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Zombo said:

    Let's put aside the Dawgpound (which you wouldn't last two minutes in) and being the only franchise to defiantly restore our name, our colors and our team from the NFL ...

    Dawgpound? Didn't you hear? Mangenius has decreed that every member be spayed or neutered. 😆

    It's all part of his plan to erase the past so fans and players aren't boasting about accomplishments from 1999 and earlier.

    Zombo

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Hey Joeanne Sixer, quick question: Let's see some of your favorite players from the 70's and 80's?

    Who is the best LB and Olineman in in Pats history?

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #23

    John Hannah would be the lineman..the backer might be debatable.

  • What if someone has been selling our secrets to the steelers, and that's why we haven't won a damn game against them in so long. That seems like it would go hand in hand with that organization.....

    Although I liked all the inside info flying in, it still boils my blood, you dont know what other kind of things personnel could be spilling, and to who

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @playgroundlegend said:

    What if someone has been selling our secrets to the steelers, and that's why we haven't won a damn game against them in so long. That seems like it would go hand in hand with that organization.....

    Although I liked all the inside info flying in, it still boils my blood, you dont know what other kind of things personnel could be spilling, and to who

    No That would be because we are BETTER than you. Duh...And what do you think they were Radioing in the Plays ??? LOL...Hilarious !

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Zombo said:

    Good call.

    Let's put aside the Dawgpound (which you wouldn't last two minutes in) and being the only franchise to defiantly restore our name, our colors and our team from the NFL ... this is what we do when we are 6-6 and we get a bad call against Jacksonville:

    Yeah, Patsy ... we're laid back.

    Zombo

    Will we all KNOW that would never happen in CINCINNATI !!! HA HA HA.... Gotta give Props to the Brownie Nation for Making a Statement !! LOL...

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @inspecta said:

    It's called an inferiority complex.

    Kinda like when a fat guy hangs out with even fatter guys so he doesn't seem so fat.

    Unfortunately this guy is a Retard who decided to hang out at a MENSA meeting.

    What a tool....

    Or is it a Dumb guy hanging out with DUMBER Guys ? That`s what Your Analogy indicates . Go back and look at what you said. I know what you meant though ...lol....

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @inspecta said:

    Uhhhh yeah dude, thats the point of the joke. He's stupid so he doesn't know to seek out other stupid people, instead he comes to this board full of intelligent people, thus it backfiring...

    Wow...

    😆

  • @inspecta said:

    Well I guess Belicheat shouldn't of.....uhhhh......cheated??

    Maybe that would of prevented ALL of that from happening.

    If nobody cheats and everybody plays by the rules then he has nothing to "rat" about.

    Quit pissing and moaning, your team has won several super bowls this decade, so you pissing and moaning to a bunch of Browns fans about this isn't going to garner you much support or sympathy.

    I fully agree. Taping signals is fully legal and even encouraged by the NFL which sets rules that allow it from the approved locations - just as it has been for more than 50 years. What's NOT legal is taping signals from the sidelines, and unfortunately for the Patriots, since most fans aren't smart enough to know that taping signals is allowed (let alone being knowledgable about the legality of stealing signals) Goodell took away one of the Patriots two 1st round draft picks to make himself look "tough" to punish the Patriots for breaking a silly rule amid what was largely perceived as "signal stealing scandal" even though signal stealing is condoned.

    Which is why I mentioned tampering... another silly rule since pretty much everyone acknowldges that every team does it, though only the stupid teams get caught - and the commissioner has taken draft picks away from those stupid teams that embarass him by getting caught.

    I guess you can't blame Mangini either - he's loyal to himself - and no organization.

    I mean, who here would fault him if he did go to a division rival of the Browns, determine that he could help himself and his new team by squealing about tampering or some other rule violation?

    No one here - that's for sure. You guys are getting my vote for the most laid back, mellow fans in the NFL!

    O ohioborn wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @joesixpat said:

    I fully agree. Taping signals is fully legal and even encouraged by the NFL which sets rules that allow it from the approved locations - just as it has been for more than 50 years. What's NOT legal is taping signals from the sidelines, and unfortunately for the Patriots, since most fans aren't smart enough to know that taping signals is allowed (let alone being knowledgable about the legality of stealing signals) Goodell took away one of the Patriots two 1st round draft picks to make himself look "tough" to punish the Patriots for breaking a silly rule amid what was largely perceived as "signal stealing scandal" even though signal stealing is condoned.

    Which is why I mentioned tampering... another silly rule since pretty much everyone acknowldges that every team does it, though only the stupid teams get caught - and the commissioner has taken draft picks away from those stupid teams that embarass him by getting caught.

    I guess you can't blame Mangini either - he's loyal to himself - and no organization.

    I mean, who here would fault him if he did go to a division rival of the Browns, determine that he could help himself and his new team by squealing about tampering or some other rule violation?

    No one here - that's for sure. You guys are getting my vote for the most laid back, mellow fans in the NFL!

    Answer one question. Did Belichick cheat?

  • @playgroundlegend said:

    What if someone has been selling our secrets to the steelers, and that's why we haven't won a damn game against them in so long. That seems like it would go hand in hand with that organization.....

    Although I liked all the inside info flying in, it still boils my blood, you dont know what other kind of things personnel could be spilling, and to who

    I'm sure that's the reason the Browns haven't been able to beat the Steelers.

    Dan Rooney: (Whispering into the phone) Alright, what do you have for me?

    BDT (Browns Deep Throat): (Looks around furtively, then whispers into the phone) You're going to want to pay me double for this one!

    Rooney: Sounds good...as long as we win, I'll take care of you.

    BDT: See that you do; remember that those two wins every year are what gives you guys homefield advantage.

    Rooney: Enough talk--give me the details. What's the gameplan? What are the team's weaknesses?

    BDT: Okay, here we go...the team sucks.

    Rooney: What? I watch Sunday Countdown, and I could have told you that.

    BDT: Yeah, but they only tell you part of the story...this team sucks in ways that would blow your mind. Players, coaches, front office, they all suck.

    Rooney: I said details! I'm not paying you to explain the team in terms that the mouth-breathingest message board troll could understand!

    BDT: Okay, here are some details. Follow the money.

    Rooney: What?!

    BDT: Follow the money...to a #2 receiver who can only run on days that don't have a "y" in them...or to a DE who has been playing two-hand touch since the exhibition games, and a #1 pick LB who gets a sack once every four games or so.

    Rooney: (Cautiously) Alright, tell me more...

    BDT: Okay, you wanted gameplan details, here are some. The coach is trying to keep it quiet, but he's planning on calling a timeout to decide whether or not it's a good idea to challenge calls, then challenging them anyway. If the team is within thirty points in the fourth quarter, get ready for field goals. Oh, and if Roethlisberger is looking for a leg up, here's a hint about our defensive strategy: they're planning on not rushing the QB, leaving the middle of the field wide open to any and all receivers, and they're putting Terry Cousins out there.

    Rooney: Good, good...you're starting to earn your money now. What about the offense?

    BDT: Even though Jamal Lewis is averaging about a yard per carry, expect to see him early and often. Don't expect to see the other RBs. If Edwards gets thrown the ball, he's working on some new ways of dropping it--pretty scary stuff. Winslow is someone you should be concerned about, but his arm falls off about the third quarter of every game.

    Rooney: But Quinn...what about Quinn?!

    BDT: Two words, my man...screen pass.

    Rooney: Screen pass?

    BDT: Screen pass.

    Rooney: My friend, you've outdone yourself this time. Armed with the information that we're playing a team with mediocre talent, lousy coaching, and a dysfunctional front office, we might be able to pull this one out.

    BDT: I'm worried, though. What about the fans? I think they're onto me.

    Rooney: The fans? The fans? You mean the people who are still pointing to a missed holding call from the 1971 exhibition season as proof of a longstanding, league-wide conspiracy to help the Steelers--with no explanation for why the league would conspire to help one team win for thirty years? With no explanation of how every single other conspiracy ever perpetrated--by individuals or government--has been exposed except this one? Trust me, you don't need to worry your pretty little head about the fans...besides, they're the ones who were caught on tape chanting "Super Bowl" at this year's Browns training camp...do you think anyone is going to take their theories seriously?

    BDT: I guess you're right, Big Daddy. Oh, wait, the water on my desk is starting to ripple...I think Mangini is coming! I have to go!

    (Click)

    Rooney: (To himself) Fools, they'll never know...wait a minute, why am I wasting money bribing a guy who works for a team the Steelers could beat with their JV team? I knew I should have put a plant in the Patriots' offices instead! Oh, well, back to figuring out how to rig the coin toss for the Super Bowl...

    Dennis

    R rr59eagle wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @dencyguy said:

    I'm sure that's the reason the Browns haven't been able to beat the Steelers.

    Dan Rooney: (Whispering into the phone) Alright, what do you have for me?

    BDT (Browns Deep Throat): (Looks around furtively, then whispers into the phone) You're going to want to pay me double for this one!

    Rooney: Sounds good...as long as we win, I'll take care of you.

    BDT: See that you do; remember that those two wins every year are what gives you guys homefield advantage.

    Rooney: Enough talk--give me the details. What's the gameplan? What are the team's weaknesses?

    BDT: Okay, here we go...the team sucks.

    Rooney: What? I watch Sunday Countdown, and I could have told you that.

    BDT: Yeah, but they only tell you part of the story...this team sucks in ways that would blow your mind. Players, coaches, front office, they all suck.

    Rooney: I said details! I'm not paying you to explain the team in terms that the mouth-breathingest message board troll could understand!

    BDT: Okay, here are some details. Follow the money.

    Rooney: What?!

    BDT: Follow the money...to a #2 receiver who can only run on days that don't have a "y" in them...or to a DE who has been playing two-hand touch since the exhibition games, and a #1 pick LB who gets a sack once every four games or so.

    Rooney: (Cautiously) Alright, tell me more...

    BDT: Okay, you wanted gameplan details, here are some. The coach is trying to keep it quiet, but he's planning on calling a timeout to decide whether or not it's a good idea to challenge calls, then challenging them anyway. If the team is within thirty points in the fourth quarter, get ready for field goals. Oh, and if Roethlisberger is looking for a leg up, here's a hint about our defensive strategy: they're planning on not rushing the QB, leaving the middle of the field wide open to any and all receivers, and they're putting Terry Cousins out there.

    Rooney: Good, good...you're starting to earn your money now. What about the offense?

    BDT: Even though Jamal Lewis is averaging about a yard per carry, expect to see him early and often. Don't expect to see the other RBs. If Edwards gets thrown the ball, he's working on some new ways of dropping it--pretty scary stuff. Winslow is someone you should be concerned about, but his arm falls off about the third quarter of every game.

    Rooney: But Quinn...what about Quinn?!

    BDT: Two words, my man...screen pass.

    Rooney: Screen pass?

    BDT: Screen pass.

    Rooney: My friend, you've outdone yourself this time. Armed with the information that we're playing a team with mediocre talent, lousy coaching, and a dysfunctional front office, we might be able to pull this one out.

    BDT: I'm worried, though. What about the fans? I think they're onto me.

    Rooney: The fans? The fans? You mean the people who are still pointing to a missed holding call from the 1971 exhibition season as proof of a longstanding, league-wide conspiracy to help the Steelers--with no explanation for why the league would conspire to help one team win for thirty years? With no explanation of how every single other conspiracy ever perpetrated--by individuals or government--has been exposed except this one? Trust me, you don't need to worry your pretty little head about the fans...besides, they're the ones who were caught on tape chanting "Super Bowl" at this year's Browns training camp...do you think anyone is going to take their theories seriously?

    BDT: I guess you're right, Big Daddy. Oh, wait, the water on my desk is starting to ripple...I think Mangini is coming! I have to go!

    (Click)

    Rooney: (To himself) Fools, they'll never know...wait a minute, why am I wasting money bribing a guy who works for a team the Steelers could beat with their JV team? I knew I should have put a plant in the Patriots' offices instead! Oh, well, back to figuring out how to rig the coin toss for the Super Bowl...

    Dennis

    Classic 😆

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @inspecta said:

    Uhhhh yeah dude, thats the point of the joke. He's stupid so he doesn't know to seek out other stupid people, instead he comes to this board full of intelligent people, thus it backfiring...

    Wow...

    WOW//Sorry Bro... You didnt think that one thru.

    Double WOW...