Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 2013=1973

2013=1973

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
12 Posts 7 Posters 524 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #1

    I posted this elsewhere, but I thought perhaps it warranted its own thread:

    I can understand that Steeler fans would be optimistic. After all, they have had a quality run of success....and if and when that run is over it will take some serious time for their fans to accept and understand that fact.

    I recall that when I was younger, my first conscious recollection of football probably came in the 1963 football season. From that year, and for the next 10 years until at least 1972....my growing up period, the Browns played championship...or at least playoff caliber football that entire time. Winning in '64. Losing to the Packers in '65, playing in NFL title games in 1968 and 1969. Also playing in playoff games throughout the rest of the 1960s, and into 1970/1971/1972....when the gave the undefeated Dolphins their biggest test that entire year, I was always optimistic about the Browns title chances. But then came 1973...a bad year, which I thought would only last temporarily....but it didn't. The Browns were basically poor to mediocre the rest of that decade. And it took a few years to realize that they weren't going anywhere for a while. Optimism finally waned after 2-3 years of bad play.

    No. Steeler fans have a right to be optimistic.....but, that team may be entering its "mid-1970s" time when, despite that optimism, the team just isn't very good.

    So, it will take them a while for reality to set in, if it does. Just like it took me....and probably a number of you for the reality that your team was NOT always going to be a contender.

    (Hell, that process probably took a lot longer for fans older than I who were old enough to remember the 40s and 50s of Browns history when they were dominant....it will be harder for Steeler fans who were just coming of age in the 1970s and remember that teams dominance then).

    So, I see the possibility that 2013 will be the equivalent of 1973 for Steeler fans.

    S 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • cuwoohio C One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 528 Posts
      • 24 Reputation
      C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
      #2

      1981 through 1991, they were a 500 team through the regular season, and had 2 or 3 yr slumps since. I can see them going into one of the 2 or 3 year slumps, but I wouldn't dare to predict a longer or worse one. Would I love it......yes, but I also would rather see the Browns get a winning streak going first .

      S 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • C cuwoohio

        1981 through 1991, they were a 500 team through the regular season, and had 2 or 3 yr slumps since. I can see them going into one of the 2 or 3 year slumps, but I wouldn't dare to predict a longer or worse one. Would I love it......yes, but I also would rather see the Browns get a winning streak going first .

        Stewy S
        • 466 Posts
        • 45 Reputation
        S Stewy wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @cuwoohio said:

        1981 through 1991, they were a 500 team through the regular season, and had 2 or 3 yr slumps since. I can see them going into one of the 2 or 3 year slumps, but I wouldn't dare to predict a longer or worse one. Would I love it......yes, but I also would rather see the Browns get a winning streak going first .

        You are one smart man.

        Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The GipperT The Gipper

          I posted this elsewhere, but I thought perhaps it warranted its own thread:

          I can understand that Steeler fans would be optimistic. After all, they have had a quality run of success....and if and when that run is over it will take some serious time for their fans to accept and understand that fact.

          I recall that when I was younger, my first conscious recollection of football probably came in the 1963 football season. From that year, and for the next 10 years until at least 1972....my growing up period, the Browns played championship...or at least playoff caliber football that entire time. Winning in '64. Losing to the Packers in '65, playing in NFL title games in 1968 and 1969. Also playing in playoff games throughout the rest of the 1960s, and into 1970/1971/1972....when the gave the undefeated Dolphins their biggest test that entire year, I was always optimistic about the Browns title chances. But then came 1973...a bad year, which I thought would only last temporarily....but it didn't. The Browns were basically poor to mediocre the rest of that decade. And it took a few years to realize that they weren't going anywhere for a while. Optimism finally waned after 2-3 years of bad play.

          No. Steeler fans have a right to be optimistic.....but, that team may be entering its "mid-1970s" time when, despite that optimism, the team just isn't very good.

          So, it will take them a while for reality to set in, if it does. Just like it took me....and probably a number of you for the reality that your team was NOT always going to be a contender.

          (Hell, that process probably took a lot longer for fans older than I who were old enough to remember the 40s and 50s of Browns history when they were dominant....it will be harder for Steeler fans who were just coming of age in the 1970s and remember that teams dominance then).

          So, I see the possibility that 2013 will be the equivalent of 1973 for Steeler fans.

          Stewy S
          • 466 Posts
          • 45 Reputation
          S Stewy wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @the-gipper said:

          I posted this elsewhere, but I thought perhaps it warranted its own thread:

          I can understand that Steeler fans would be optimistic. After all, they have had a quality run of success....and if and when that run is over it will take some serious time for their fans to accept and understand that fact.

          I recall that when I was younger, my first conscious recollection of football probably came in the 1963 football season. From that year, and for the next 10 years until at least 1972....my growing up period, the Browns played championship...or at least playoff caliber football that entire time. Winning in '64. Losing to the Packers in '65, playing in NFL title games in 1968 and 1969. Also playing in playoff games throughout the rest of the 1960s, and into 1970/1971/1972....when the gave the undefeated Dolphins their biggest test that entire year, I was always optimistic about the Browns title chances. But then came 1973...a bad year, which I thought would only last temporarily....but it didn't. The Browns were basically poor to mediocre the rest of that decade. And it took a few years to realize that they weren't going anywhere for a while. Optimism finally waned after 2-3 years of bad play.

          No. Steeler fans have a right to be optimistic.....but, that team may be entering its "mid-1970s" time when, despite that optimism, the team just isn't very good.

          So, it will take them a while for reality to set in, if it does. Just like it took me....and probably a number of you for the reality that your team was NOT always going to be a contender.

          (Hell, that process probably took a lot longer for fans older than I who were old enough to remember the 40s and 50s of Browns history when they were dominant....it will be harder for Steeler fans who were just coming of age in the 1970s and remember that teams dominance then).

          So, I see the possibility that 2013 will be the equivalent of 1973 for Steeler fans.

          Yep, Steeler fans have every reason to be optimistic because this year the Steelers are due.

          Reason #1... Note the 2 on 1 off pattern here:

          2012 8-8 Missed playoffs

          2011 12-4

          2010 12-4

          2009 9-7 Missed playoffs

          2008 12-4

          2007 10-6

          2006 8-8 Missed playoffs

          2005 11-5

          2004 15-1

          2003 6-10 Missed playoffs

          2002 10-5-1

          2001 13-3

          And all you heard throughout these years was about how the Steelers are old blah blah, they lost this player or that player blah blah....

          Reason #2 to be optimistic.

          They are the best run organization in football.

          Reason #3 to be optimistic.

          The Steeler have not had more than 2 losing seasons in a row since 1969, are the winningest team in the NFL since the merger,

          and most impressive IMO...only 9 losing seasons since 1970.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

          Tim Couch Pulls OutT The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • S Stewy

            @cuwoohio said:

            1981 through 1991, they were a 500 team through the regular season, and had 2 or 3 yr slumps since. I can see them going into one of the 2 or 3 year slumps, but I wouldn't dare to predict a longer or worse one. Would I love it......yes, but I also would rather see the Browns get a winning streak going first .

            You are one smart man.

            Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 8k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @stewy said:

            You are one smart man.

            Because you agree with his opinion?

            When it comes to predicting future results of any team, nobody is smarter than anyone else. It's all a crapshoot.

            Some people just play it safe while others are outlandish and bold in their predictions.

            It's a "smart" bet to say the Steelers will be at least a .500 team for the foreseeable future because it's a safe bet.

            But what if someone says "the Steelers are going to suck ass for the next three years" because they knew BR was going to retire unexpectedly, or Tomlin was getting fired tomorrow, or the Rooney's were selling. Today that prediction would seem "stupid", but tomorrow we'd be calling him a genius.

            I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • S Stewy

              @the-gipper said:

              I posted this elsewhere, but I thought perhaps it warranted its own thread:

              I can understand that Steeler fans would be optimistic. After all, they have had a quality run of success....and if and when that run is over it will take some serious time for their fans to accept and understand that fact.

              I recall that when I was younger, my first conscious recollection of football probably came in the 1963 football season. From that year, and for the next 10 years until at least 1972....my growing up period, the Browns played championship...or at least playoff caliber football that entire time. Winning in '64. Losing to the Packers in '65, playing in NFL title games in 1968 and 1969. Also playing in playoff games throughout the rest of the 1960s, and into 1970/1971/1972....when the gave the undefeated Dolphins their biggest test that entire year, I was always optimistic about the Browns title chances. But then came 1973...a bad year, which I thought would only last temporarily....but it didn't. The Browns were basically poor to mediocre the rest of that decade. And it took a few years to realize that they weren't going anywhere for a while. Optimism finally waned after 2-3 years of bad play.

              No. Steeler fans have a right to be optimistic.....but, that team may be entering its "mid-1970s" time when, despite that optimism, the team just isn't very good.

              So, it will take them a while for reality to set in, if it does. Just like it took me....and probably a number of you for the reality that your team was NOT always going to be a contender.

              (Hell, that process probably took a lot longer for fans older than I who were old enough to remember the 40s and 50s of Browns history when they were dominant....it will be harder for Steeler fans who were just coming of age in the 1970s and remember that teams dominance then).

              So, I see the possibility that 2013 will be the equivalent of 1973 for Steeler fans.

              Yep, Steeler fans have every reason to be optimistic because this year the Steelers are due.

              Reason #1... Note the 2 on 1 off pattern here:

              2012 8-8 Missed playoffs

              2011 12-4

              2010 12-4

              2009 9-7 Missed playoffs

              2008 12-4

              2007 10-6

              2006 8-8 Missed playoffs

              2005 11-5

              2004 15-1

              2003 6-10 Missed playoffs

              2002 10-5-1

              2001 13-3

              And all you heard throughout these years was about how the Steelers are old blah blah, they lost this player or that player blah blah....

              Reason #2 to be optimistic.

              They are the best run organization in football.

              Reason #3 to be optimistic.

              The Steeler have not had more than 2 losing seasons in a row since 1969, are the winningest team in the NFL since the merger,

              and most impressive IMO...only 9 losing seasons since 1970.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

              Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 8k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @stewy said:

              Yep, Steeler fans have every reason to be optimistic because this year the Steelers are due.

              Reason #1... Note the 2 on 1 off pattern here:

              2012 8-8 Missed playoffs

              2011 12-4

              2010 12-4

              2009 9-7 Missed playoffs

              2008 12-4

              2007 10-6

              2006 8-8 Missed playoffs

              2005 11-5

              2004 15-1

              2003 6-10 Missed playoffs

              2002 10-5-1

              2001 13-3

              And all you heard throughout these years was about how the Steelers are old blah blah, they lost this player or that player blah blah....

              Reason #2 to be optimistic.

              They are the best run organization in football.

              Reason #3 to be optimistic.

              The Steeler have not had more than 2 losing seasons in a row since 1969, are the winningest team in the NFL since the merger,

              and most impressive IMO...only 9 losing seasons since 1970.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

              #1- Previous "patterns" or "trends" have absolutely nothing to do with future results. Absolutely nothing. Last season has nothing to do with this season. Two seasons ago had nothing to do with last season. It's a nifty pattern, I'll agree, but all it really shows, if anything, is that the Steelers dominate for a season, then regress/get complacent/take their foot off the gas the next season, then miss the playoffs and experience a wake up call. Nothing really to do with the degeneration of their core talent group.

              #2- completely your opinion and no statistical basis in fact.

              #3- See #1

              Nobody is knocking their past achievements or saying that the Steelers haven't been an absolute terror on the field for the last thirty years.

              Well, some people might be...but I'm not.

              All I am saying is that, to me, BR is the heart and soul of the Steelers. Sure, there have been times when he's been out that they've played okay...but for the most part, Big Ben is the Steelers. He's closer to retiring than being a rookie, and only had a few of those scrambling unbelievable plays left in the tank.

              Then, what? Do you honestly feel like you have another feature player on offense?

              Part of the reason the Steelers have been so successful is they understand that it's easier to play to the strengths of what they have on the roster than it is to try and fit square pegs into round holes.

              Outside of Roethlisberger and the OL, there really isn't another marquee offensive player. It's all interchangeable talent.

              That's why I believe there's going to be a regression in production awfully soon.

              Unless Landry Jones or another rookie steps up and becomes an absolute All-Star, of course.

              I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • S Stewy

                @the-gipper said:

                I posted this elsewhere, but I thought perhaps it warranted its own thread:

                I can understand that Steeler fans would be optimistic. After all, they have had a quality run of success....and if and when that run is over it will take some serious time for their fans to accept and understand that fact.

                I recall that when I was younger, my first conscious recollection of football probably came in the 1963 football season. From that year, and for the next 10 years until at least 1972....my growing up period, the Browns played championship...or at least playoff caliber football that entire time. Winning in '64. Losing to the Packers in '65, playing in NFL title games in 1968 and 1969. Also playing in playoff games throughout the rest of the 1960s, and into 1970/1971/1972....when the gave the undefeated Dolphins their biggest test that entire year, I was always optimistic about the Browns title chances. But then came 1973...a bad year, which I thought would only last temporarily....but it didn't. The Browns were basically poor to mediocre the rest of that decade. And it took a few years to realize that they weren't going anywhere for a while. Optimism finally waned after 2-3 years of bad play.

                No. Steeler fans have a right to be optimistic.....but, that team may be entering its "mid-1970s" time when, despite that optimism, the team just isn't very good.

                So, it will take them a while for reality to set in, if it does. Just like it took me....and probably a number of you for the reality that your team was NOT always going to be a contender.

                (Hell, that process probably took a lot longer for fans older than I who were old enough to remember the 40s and 50s of Browns history when they were dominant....it will be harder for Steeler fans who were just coming of age in the 1970s and remember that teams dominance then).

                So, I see the possibility that 2013 will be the equivalent of 1973 for Steeler fans.

                Yep, Steeler fans have every reason to be optimistic because this year the Steelers are due.

                Reason #1... Note the 2 on 1 off pattern here:

                2012 8-8 Missed playoffs

                2011 12-4

                2010 12-4

                2009 9-7 Missed playoffs

                2008 12-4

                2007 10-6

                2006 8-8 Missed playoffs

                2005 11-5

                2004 15-1

                2003 6-10 Missed playoffs

                2002 10-5-1

                2001 13-3

                And all you heard throughout these years was about how the Steelers are old blah blah, they lost this player or that player blah blah....

                Reason #2 to be optimistic.

                They are the best run organization in football.

                Reason #3 to be optimistic.

                The Steeler have not had more than 2 losing seasons in a row since 1969, are the winningest team in the NFL since the merger,

                and most impressive IMO...only 9 losing seasons since 1970.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @stewy said:

                Yep, Steeler fans have every reason to be optimistic because this year the Steelers are due.

                Reason #1... Note the 2 on 1 off pattern here:

                2012 8-8 Missed playoffs

                2011 12-4

                2010 12-4

                2009 9-7 Missed playoffs

                2008 12-4

                2007 10-6

                2006 8-8 Missed playoffs

                2005 11-5

                2004 15-1

                2003 6-10 Missed playoffs

                2002 10-5-1

                2001 13-3

                And all you heard throughout these years was about how the Steelers are old blah blah, they lost this player or that player blah blah....

                Reason #2 to be optimistic.

                They are the best run organization in football.

                Reason #3 to be optimistic.

                The Steeler have not had more than 2 losing seasons in a row since 1969, are the winningest team in the NFL since the merger,

                and most impressive IMO...only 9 losing seasons since 1970.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

                All of that applied to the Browns, pre-1973, thus my point. In fact, from 1946 to 1973 the Browns had one single losing season...total. At some point you pay the piper. That piper came for the Browns in 1973.

                I am not necessarily saying that this year will be the year that the Steelers go into a prolonged losing stint. I am simply offering a conjecture that when it happens, you Steeler fans will not be ready for it, no more than we were way back then.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

                  @stewy said:

                  Yep, Steeler fans have every reason to be optimistic because this year the Steelers are due.

                  Reason #1... Note the 2 on 1 off pattern here:

                  2012 8-8 Missed playoffs

                  2011 12-4

                  2010 12-4

                  2009 9-7 Missed playoffs

                  2008 12-4

                  2007 10-6

                  2006 8-8 Missed playoffs

                  2005 11-5

                  2004 15-1

                  2003 6-10 Missed playoffs

                  2002 10-5-1

                  2001 13-3

                  And all you heard throughout these years was about how the Steelers are old blah blah, they lost this player or that player blah blah....

                  Reason #2 to be optimistic.

                  They are the best run organization in football.

                  Reason #3 to be optimistic.

                  The Steeler have not had more than 2 losing seasons in a row since 1969, are the winningest team in the NFL since the merger,

                  and most impressive IMO...only 9 losing seasons since 1970.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_standings_since_AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

                  #1- Previous "patterns" or "trends" have absolutely nothing to do with future results. Absolutely nothing. Last season has nothing to do with this season. Two seasons ago had nothing to do with last season. It's a nifty pattern, I'll agree, but all it really shows, if anything, is that the Steelers dominate for a season, then regress/get complacent/take their foot off the gas the next season, then miss the playoffs and experience a wake up call. Nothing really to do with the degeneration of their core talent group.

                  #2- completely your opinion and no statistical basis in fact.

                  #3- See #1

                  Nobody is knocking their past achievements or saying that the Steelers haven't been an absolute terror on the field for the last thirty years.

                  Well, some people might be...but I'm not.

                  All I am saying is that, to me, BR is the heart and soul of the Steelers. Sure, there have been times when he's been out that they've played okay...but for the most part, Big Ben is the Steelers. He's closer to retiring than being a rookie, and only had a few of those scrambling unbelievable plays left in the tank.

                  Then, what? Do you honestly feel like you have another feature player on offense?

                  Part of the reason the Steelers have been so successful is they understand that it's easier to play to the strengths of what they have on the roster than it is to try and fit square pegs into round holes.

                  Outside of Roethlisberger and the OL, there really isn't another marquee offensive player. It's all interchangeable talent.

                  That's why I believe there's going to be a regression in production awfully soon.

                  Unless Landry Jones or another rookie steps up and becomes an absolute All-Star, of course.

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

                  #1- Previous "patterns" or "trends" have absolutely nothing to do with future results. Absolutely nothing. Last season has nothing to do with this season. Two seasons ago had nothing to do with last season. It's a nifty pattern, I'll agree, but all it really shows, if anything, is that the Steelers dominate for a season, then regress/get complacent/take their foot off the gas the next season, then miss the playoffs and experience a wake up call. Nothing really to do with the degeneration of their core talent group.

                  #2- completely your opinion and no statistical basis in fact.

                  #3- See #1

                  Nobody is knocking their past achievements or saying that the Steelers haven't been an absolute terror on the field for the last thirty years.

                  Well, some people might be...but I'm not.

                  All I am saying is that, to me, BR is the heart and soul of the Steelers. Sure, there have been times when he's been out that they've played okay...but for the most part, Big Ben is the Steelers. He's closer to retiring than being a rookie, and only had a few of those scrambling unbelievable plays left in the tank.

                  Then, what? Do you honestly feel like you have another feature player on offense?

                  Part of the reason the Steelers have been so successful is they understand that it's easier to play to the strengths of what they have on the roster than it is to try and fit square pegs into round holes.

                  Outside of Roethlisberger and the OL, there really isn't another marquee offensive player. It's all interchangeable talent.

                  That's why I believe there's going to be a regression in production awfully soon.

                  Unless Landry Jones or another rookie steps up and becomes an absolute All-Star, of course.

                  Well, the guy makes...or perhaps he misses the most important point: Coaching. The Steelers have had outstanding coaching for all this period...you know, kinda like having Paul Brown succeeded by Blanton Collier. And in the more recent era their key coach has been Dick LeBeau, who can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. But, when he goes, what? The Vag says they won't skip a beat...that they have this superstar DC candidate in the wings...like Steve Young replacing Joe Montana. I say, well, that is a rarity. How often does that happen. It may actually be more like Mark Malone replacing Terry Bradshaw...or Charlie Batch replacing BR. Unless you were looking for a Marlboro man lookalike it were'nt so great. OK, it did work out some with Cowher replacing Noll and Tomlin replacing Cowher.

                  But, where is the true, current, quality on that team. LeBeau and BR. But LeBeau is like 76. Sure, he looks like he could go another 5 years. Maybe he will. Who knows.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Zombo Z
                    • 8k Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I think last year was their 1973 (when we went 7-5-2) ... this year is their 1974 (when we went 4-10).

                    Zombo

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 9k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I don't really care about where the Steelers head. If it's 1973, maybe it is us about to start drafting players like the Steelers did back then.

                      If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ballpeenB ballpeen

                        I don't really care about where the Steelers head. If it's 1973, maybe it is us about to start drafting players like the Steelers did back then.

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @ballpeen said:

                        I don't really care about where the Steelers head. If it's 1973, maybe it is us about to start drafting players like the Steelers did back then.

                        Well, maybe with the drafting of TR/Gordon/Schwartz/Weeden/Hughes/Winn etc. from last year maybe the Browns will pull out a few Hall of Famers?

                        ComeonmanC 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                          @ballpeen said:

                          I don't really care about where the Steelers head. If it's 1973, maybe it is us about to start drafting players like the Steelers did back then.

                          Well, maybe with the drafting of TR/Gordon/Schwartz/Weeden/Hughes/Winn etc. from last year maybe the Browns will pull out a few Hall of Famers?

                          Comeonman ComeonmanC Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 359 Reputation
                          ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @the-gipper said:

                          Well, maybe with the drafting of TR/Gordon/Schwartz/Weeden/Hughes/Winn etc. from last year maybe the Browns will pull out a few Hall of Famers?

                          I could see it. This group may answer your question of who can make chicken salad out of chicken shit, no?
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          Theme
                          • System
                          • Light
                          • Dark
                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Forums
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Users
                          • Donate