Preseason Power Rankings
-
Bored at work so here is something that I decided to put together.
Links for various Preseason Power Rankings around the internet and what they have our Browns at. The average position works out to be about #25 which would be a 2 position increase from where we finished last year (going off of draft position).
Bleacher Report at #17;
ESPN at #28;
SI/CNN at #28;
WalterFootball.com at #28;
http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php
NFL at #24;
CBS Sports at #27;
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings
SBNation.com at #26;
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/4/24/4260774/nfl-power-rankings-2013-49ers-seahawks-broncos
-
As I have said, this was a wasted draft. We have not in any way shape or from increased the talent level on this team.
4-12 at best.
-
As I have said, this was a wasted draft. We have not in any way shape or from increased the talent level on this team.
4-12 at best.
As I have said, this was a wasted draft. We have not in any way shape or from increased the talent level on this team.
4-12 at best.
Draft? We got a guy with a cool name. BARK-kevious Mingo. Sports Science says he's a pretty good athlete, let's see if he can play football. & how often do 4th & 5th round picks turn into super studs? Not very often. Sigh- the Front Office decided- correctly- this isn't a Super Bowl caliber club yet, so we stockpiled draft picks for next year.
But it's not just the draft- you have to count free agency in the mix. Kruger was one of the most sought after LBs. Campbell is a definite upgrade over your favorite whipping boy Colt- and we actually managed to get a draft pick for him. There was a lot of addition by subtraction too. Sheldon Brown, Usama Bin-Laden Young, and Frostee Rucker were dead weight that got sent packing.
There's way better coaching in place too. Norv Turner may have sucked as a HC (for that matter so did Dick LeBeau) but as coordinators, they're top shelf. I'll damn guarantee you the offensive play calling will be exponentially better than it was under Shur-loss. You won't see a punt from the other team's 42 with time running out on 4th and a yard or two, take it to the bank.
I don't see playoffs, but I do see better than 4-12.
-
@sheepdog said:
I wouldn't say it is a wasted draft until at least 2 years down the road. What if Mingo turns into a sack machine and McFadden is the shutdown corner we've been looking for to play opposite of Haden.
Playoffs would be a stretch for us this year but I do see us doing better than our 5 wins from last year. I definitely think 7-8 wins is possible.
What If Mingo is a sack machine and McFadden is a shut down corner? Then we are I'm the playoffs with Campbell at QB.
Z
-
As I have always stated, I am not "Power Ranking Guy", I am "What are the standings guy".....but, for preseason looking at these power rankings is purely an exercise in entertainment.
The most interesting part will be: How does the team actually perform in comparison to what these so called experts projected.
It would be more interesting/fun if the Browns could actually blow these predictions out of the water.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login