Skip to content

Top Qbs By Decade

The Browns Board
21 7 733
  • Aaron Rodgers is #1 all time in PR and has a championship... how is he not even one of the best of his decade? Glaring omission and still the best quarterback to watch. Nobody throws like him. That release is absolutely absurd, the spin is absurdier, and the arm strength out of a guy only that big? He's a blast. He completes passes nobody else can.

    For me, he's the best I've ever watched. And I've watched all of those guys.

  • Aaron Rodgers is #1 all time in PR and has a championship... how is he not even one of the best of his decade? Glaring omission and still the best quarterback to watch. Nobody throws like him. That release is absolutely absurd, the spin is absurdier, and the arm strength out of a guy only that big? He's a blast. He completes passes nobody else can.

    For me, he's the best I've ever watched. And I've watched all of those guys.

    @shep said:

    Aaron Rodgers is #1 all time in PR and has a championship... how is he not even one of the best of his decade? Glaring omission and still the best quarterback to watch. Nobody throws like him. That release is absolutely absurd, the spin is absurdier, and the arm strength out of a guy only that big? He's a blast. He completes passes nobody else can.

    For me, he's the best I've ever watched. And I've watched all of those guys.

    I think he has to do more to put him in with the Baughs/Luckmans/OGs/JUs/Starr/Montana/Elway/Marino/Brady/Manning group.

    I think he is fully capable, yet, he still has to do it, baby.

  • @kerrigan91 said:

    I'll throw in a prognostication for the 2010s: Matt Ryan, RG3, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers

    RG3, no fucking way.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    RG3, no fucking way.

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    RG3, no fucking way.

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

    @kerrigan91 said:

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

    Yes he did- can he stay healthy? I think there's also a certain amount of backlash from non-Redskins fans. The National Frontrunner Network (ESPN) has been giving him more air time than Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, and Tannehill - combined. How's your owie knee todday RG III? Barf.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    RG3, no fucking way.

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

    @kerrigan91 said:

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

    One season? Come on man.

  • @kerrigan91 said:

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

    Yes he did- can he stay healthy? I think there's also a certain amount of backlash from non-Redskins fans. The National Frontrunner Network (ESPN) has been giving him more air time than Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, and Tannehill - combined. How's your owie knee todday RG III? Barf.

    @hoorta said:

    Yes he did- can he stay healthy? I think there's also a certain amount of backlash from non-Redskins fans. The National Frontrunner Network (ESPN) has been giving him more air time than Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, and Tannehill - combined. How's your owie knee todday RG III? Barf.

    Just fine, actually 😉

    He's planting, cutting, and throwing off it like it was never hurt. 😁

  • @kerrigan91 said:

    How do you figure? It's not like he had one of the best rookie seasons ever...

    One season? Come on man.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    One season? Come on man.

    You didn't have a problem with me putting Luck up there...

  • Per Zombo's comment, I am going to try to list here whom I think may have been the Top 3 QBs of each decade. Advise if you think otherwise:

    1930s: Arnie Herber, Ed Danowski, Ace Parker (other candidates: Bennie Friedman, Glen Presnell)

    1940s: Sid Luckman, Sammy Baugh, Bob Waterfield. (other candidates: Cecil Isbell, Tommy Thompson)

    1950s: Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, John Unitas (other candidate: Norm Van Brocklin)

    1960s: Bart Starr, Len Dawson, Joe Namath (other candidates: Sonny Jurgenson, John Hadl, John Brodie)

    1970s: Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese (other candidates: Stabler, Anderson, Tarkenton)

    1980s: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts (other candidates: ???)

    1990s: John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Favre (other candidates: Jim Kelly, Warren Moon)

    2000s: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees. (other candidates: Roethlisberger, Rivers, E. Manning.

    @the-gipper said:

    Per Zombo's comment, I am going to try to list here whom I think may have been the Top 3 QBs of each decade. Advise if you think otherwise:

    1930s: Arnie Herber, Ed Danowski, Ace Parker (other candidates: Bennie Friedman, Glen Presnell)

    1940s: Sid Luckman, Sammy Baugh, Bob Waterfield. (other candidates: Cecil Isbell, Tommy Thompson)

    1950s: Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, John Unitas (other candidate: Norm Van Brocklin)

    1960s: Bart Starr, Len Dawson, Joe Namath (other candidates: Sonny Jurgenson, John Hadl, John Brodie)

    1970s: Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese (other candidates: Stabler, Anderson, Tarkenton)

    1980s: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts (other candidates: ???)

    1990s: John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Favre (other candidates: Jim Kelly, Warren Moon)

    2000s: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees. (other candidates: Roethlisberger, Rivers, E. Manning.

    What do Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and George Blanda all have in common?

  • They were all molested in the Pittsburgh School System.

    Z

  • @the-gipper said:

    Per Zombo's comment, I am going to try to list here whom I think may have been the Top 3 QBs of each decade. Advise if you think otherwise:

    1930s: Arnie Herber, Ed Danowski, Ace Parker (other candidates: Bennie Friedman, Glen Presnell)

    1940s: Sid Luckman, Sammy Baugh, Bob Waterfield. (other candidates: Cecil Isbell, Tommy Thompson)

    1950s: Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, John Unitas (other candidate: Norm Van Brocklin)

    1960s: Bart Starr, Len Dawson, Joe Namath (other candidates: Sonny Jurgenson, John Hadl, John Brodie)

    1970s: Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese (other candidates: Stabler, Anderson, Tarkenton)

    1980s: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts (other candidates: ???)

    1990s: John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Favre (other candidates: Jim Kelly, Warren Moon)

    2000s: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees. (other candidates: Roethlisberger, Rivers, E. Manning.

    What do Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and George Blanda all have in common?

    @stewy said:

    What do Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and George Blanda all have in common?

    They played Quarterback in the National Football League.