One Hell of a Man
-
My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....
Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....ything_but.html
-
My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....
Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....ything_but.html
My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....
Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....ything_but.html
Good for you lister. You have the right attitude. I lost my dad suddenly. No goodbyes. 7 years later it still hurts a lot. Never take him for granted.
My dad was also a Korean war vet, by the way.
-
The Greatest Generation - named for for excellent reasons. God Bless em all.
-
My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....
Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....ything_but.html
My father was just shy of this generation; he is a Korean War veteran and raised myself, sister and brother in Rocky River...I cherish every day I can call and hear his voice or come home and spend some time....
Dante is such an effective representation of this population; a group of folks that in my opinion we can never really repay
Possibly the greatest post this board, in all its forms, has ever seen.
Beanpot
Yeah, the fact he mentioned Rocky River bumped it to the top, but I would have said nearly the same thing if he told the tale while using an inferior city as a background
-
BTW, Dante's shop was located directly next to the place that taught me how to drive a car. Remember that Lister? Those that decided to ignore the RRHS drivers ed (hand in the air) went to that "school" and were instructed to just kind of get by.
Still can't drive stick. Bastards.
Beanpot
-
BTW, Dante's shop was located directly next to the place that taught me how to drive a car. Remember that Lister? Those that decided to ignore the RRHS drivers ed (hand in the air) went to that "school" and were instructed to just kind of get by.
Still can't drive stick. Bastards.
Beanpot
BTW, Dante's shop was located directly next to the place that taught me how to drive a car. Remember that Lister? Those that decided to ignore the RRHS drivers ed (hand in the air) went to that "school" and were instructed to just kind of get by.
Still can't drive stick. Bastards.
Beanpot
Beans; that really brings me back...I used to work at the Locker Bros Gulf......man; good stuff
-
Thanks Lister,
Dad died 5 years ago right around Christmas.
Alzheimers.
For close to a year he thought I was someone he used to work with.
That sucked a ton.
Here's to our folks and what they showed us.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login