Skip to content

preseason game 1

The Browns Board
67 32 3.7k
  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Weeden looked pretty damn good to be honest. Deon Lewis...yeah I like this guy. Greg Little showing up. And forget about cribbs. We've got Mr Travis m-f'n Benjamin.

    I have to say I'm a little annoyed about how impressed Kosar seems with Sam Bradford. Give it a rest, Bernie.

  • Weeden looked pretty damn good to be honest. Deon Lewis...yeah I like this guy. Greg Little showing up. And forget about cribbs. We've got Mr Travis m-f'n Benjamin.

    I have to say I'm a little annoyed about how impressed Kosar seems with Sam Bradford. Give it a rest, Bernie.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Weeden looked pretty damn good to be honest. Deon Lewis...yeah I like this guy. Greg Little showing up. And forget about cribbs. We've got Mr Travis m-f'n Benjamin.

    I have to say I'm a little annoyed about how impressed Kosar seems with Sam Bradford. Give it a rest, Bernie.

    He loves ALL QB's

  • Weeden looked pretty damn good to be honest. Deon Lewis...yeah I like this guy. Greg Little showing up. And forget about cribbs. We've got Mr Travis m-f'n Benjamin.

    I have to say I'm a little annoyed about how impressed Kosar seems with Sam Bradford. Give it a rest, Bernie.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Weeden looked pretty damn good to be honest. Deon Lewis...yeah I like this guy. Greg Little showing up. And forget about cribbs. We've got Mr Travis m-f'n Benjamin.

    I have to say I'm a little annoyed about how impressed Kosar seems with Sam Bradford. Give it a rest, Bernie.

    That and him saying every play how obvious the defensive scheme was. I love ya Bernie but we get it, you played QB one time.

  • listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #4

    The second team is looking pretty damn good at the moment as well....overall very pleased to this point

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Lets not go Ghoolie on Bernie guys

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Nah I love Bernie, really I do, I just wish he'd shut the f up about how great Bradford is. The browns are also fielding a quarterback who made some pretty nice throws out there.

    Dammit, Bradford's long ball WAS pretty though.

  • Nah I love Bernie, really I do, I just wish he'd shut the f up about how great Bradford is. The browns are also fielding a quarterback who made some pretty nice throws out there.

    Dammit, Bradford's long ball WAS pretty though.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Nah I love Bernie, really I do, I just wish he'd shut the f up about how great Bradford is. The browns are also fielding a quarterback who made some pretty nice throws out there.

    Dammit, Bradford's long ball WAS pretty though.

    yeah I love Bernie. I love how he's bashing the Rams wr's cause they deserve it. 1st teamers were playing well but bradford threw two perfect, almost indefensible passes that were dropped.

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Pros:

    Weeden looked poised and made great decisions

    Oline provided good protection

    Receivers looked good

    Lewis can run and catch.

    Offensive play calling

    Benjamin > Cribbs

    Cons:

    Saw a batted Weeden pass

    Defense wasn't as good as expected, I was expecting a little more QB pressure

    overall I liked what I saw from 1st stringers. Hopefully the positive up swing continues.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #9

    He was making great throws. So why not give credit?

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I'm really, I mean really, liking Norv Turner's play calling after two years of the disaster that was Pat Shurmur

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Jim Donovan said to Bernie, "what if the wr's parents were watching?" Bernie said, "They should be embarrassed"

    PRICELESS!!!!!!!

  • I'm really, I mean really, liking Norv Turner's play calling after two years of the disaster that was Pat Shurmur

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'm really, I mean really, liking Norv Turner's play calling after two years of the disaster that was Pat Shurmur

    Like watching a totally different game

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    That kick by legatron (rams kicker) would have EASILY been good from 70. Holy crap that dude has a leg.

  • That kick by legatron (rams kicker) would have EASILY been good from 70. Holy crap that dude has a leg.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @jrb12711 said:

    That kick by legatron (rams kicker) would have EASILY been good from 70. Holy crap that dude has a leg.

    and he kicks indoors.

    Did I just make a fantasy football statement?

  • C Town's SoldierC C Town's Soldier wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I don't think I can remember a first preseason game where you watch and there isnt one moment of "Wow this team will be the bad news Browns forever" usually by a fumble, interception or injury. This may be the first one. It was a turnover free, near penalty free, special teams explosive first quarter for our starters. With the changes even National media seem to notice between our coaching, players and facilities, it feels good we didn't relapse a losing attitude with a fumble or arrant interception.

    Im not screaming super bowl or anything but to see a team who looks dangerous is awesome.

  • S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by Sheepdog
    #16

    One quarter into a preseason game and I'm stoked for our Browns.

    Offense looks great (compared to last year). I'm definitely looking forward to the T-Rich and Lewis combo at RB. Jackson will be a nice 3rd option.

    I might be mistaken but I never saw Mingo in with the starters, I would have liked to see the coaches integrate him in with the starters since he will be doing that often.

    Overall, this is the happiest that I have been in 2 years.

    On a sidenote, the uniforms look a lot better with the "AL" gone off of the sleeve.

  • One quarter into a preseason game and I'm stoked for our Browns.

    Offense looks great (compared to last year). I'm definitely looking forward to the T-Rich and Lewis combo at RB. Jackson will be a nice 3rd option.

    I might be mistaken but I never saw Mingo in with the starters, I would have liked to see the coaches integrate him in with the starters since he will be doing that often.

    Overall, this is the happiest that I have been in 2 years.

    On a sidenote, the uniforms look a lot better with the "AL" gone off of the sleeve.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @sheepdog said:

    One quarter into a preseason game and I'm stoked for our Browns.

    Offense looks great (compared to last year). I'm definitely looking forward to the T-Rich and Lewis combo at RB. Jackson will be a nice 3rd option.

    I might be mistaken but I never saw Mingo in with the starters, I would have liked to see the coaches integrate him in with the starters since he will be doing that often.

    Overall, this is the happiest that I have been in 2 years.

    On a sidenote, the uniforms look a lot better with the "AL" gone off of the sleeve.

    A subtle thing but I agree. Whose awful design that was I do not know but I'm glad it, and Randy, are gone. I don't care if truck stop Jimmy is a crook. He likes football and its been a minute since the browns' owner gave a shit.

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Im excited to see what this offense can do in 4 quarters. T benj and wow efficient movement down the field!!!!

    Im pumped for Cameron and Little also, should be at least a competitive team this year with a decent aggressive defense that can cause turnovers

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #19

    "Terrible play by our safties"

    I love bernie

    But yeah 3rd team defense is definitely looking rough. Young guys for sure

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Defense is still a big ? to me, didn't seem we could slow the run down all - 1st, 2nd, or 3rd String.

    Coaching seemed competent.

    First Pre-Season game, let's see how next week progresses.