Skip to content

Ben Watson

The Browns Board
9 9 580
  • I'm a Saints fan and have had some serious discussion with a friend of mine, a Patriots fan. He maintains Watson was nothing special with the Pats and that he's too old do be a quality NFL TE. I'd be interested in what the Browns' fans think, since he's been getting rave review from the Saiints camp, about his route running, his sure handedness and his blocking. Are we being delusional about him and his ability to help us?

  • He's solid and reliable. He had some nagging injuries and poor quarterbacking/offenses while he was here, but he still produced. At 32 though, you may get a good season-and-a-half out of him at most.

    He does everything well, and is good character guy from what we saw too.

    Zombo

  • Watson was a very quick TE coming out of college. He was very special to the Pats - he often was the reason

    their passing attack worked, imho.

    Naturally, he's lost a few steps over the years

  • Watson is on the downside, though not done...but I would not rely on him to be a major contributor....but he can be a minor contributor.

  • I liked Ben Watson and with the uncertainty this team has at TE...Im miffed as to why we released/did not resign him...

  • Solid TE. Runs great routes, and knows how to get open. Sure blocker and never drops a pass. I'll say, he's not going to be a game-changer, but he can get you some nice first downs. He could still start as the #1 TE on some teams albeit few... you'll enjoy him...

  • Well considering you already have Jimmy Graham on your roster, he will do everything that you need him to do, and potentially more. I think he will be a good compliment to Graham because he's not one dimensional. He can block and catch, and move a little bit. So having him in the game isn't tip your hand at all as to the type of play you are running.

  • Yup, well rounded TE skill set. Not sure why he's a Saint now...

    I think you'll see more of what you saw in your pre-season opener.

  • excellent character. stand up dude. good role model/mentor for young bucks. good possession receiver with blocking skills. with good

    health, he can be a contributor