Skip to content

Distressing news from over here

The Browns Board
14 7 631
  • As if it wasn't bad enough to have the only team a lot of British people have heard of being the Ravens - one guy I spoke to only knew one player, Joe Flacco. Now, it seems as if wearing a Raiders hat has become fashionable, I've seen multiple people on the streets of London wearing things like this.

    As I say, distressing.

    @gftchris said:

    As if it wasn't bad enough to have the only team a lot of British people have heard of being the Ravens - one guy I spoke to only knew one player, Joe Flacco. Now, it seems as if wearing a Raiders hat has become fashionable, I've seen multiple people on the streets of London wearing things like this.

    As I say, distressing.

    It was...and may still be a fact that people that wore Raiders gear had no affiliation for the Raiders. They were gang bangers who wore it for identity. A number of schools even banned the wearing of Raider gear.

    I suggest the same thing goes on there....though with them it is more of a fashion statement than a gang affiliation flag.

    Like some probably wear a Yankees hat. Many people that wear these colors have no clue even what the Yankees/Raiders/etc. etc. are all about. They just want to wear the fashion. Like wearing something with a Nike Swoosh.

    If it is any consolation, I have never seen anyone around here at least wear a West Ham or Man U. cap.

    (and if it is any further consolation, very few over here would know any soccer players other than Beckham or Pele)

  • @gftchris said:

    You never want to buy current player gear....as like with McCoy, you never know if that current player is going to go bust.

    Buy the generic Browns gear....or, if you must buy player gear....buy "Throwback" player gear. You can never go wrong buying a Jim Brown, Ozzie Newsome, Bernie Kosar etc. gear.

    http://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Cleveland-Browns-Premier-Throwback/dp/B000QSHPB8

  • As if it wasn't bad enough to have the only team a lot of British people have heard of being the Ravens - one guy I spoke to only knew one player, Joe Flacco. Now, it seems as if wearing a Raiders hat has become fashionable, I've seen multiple people on the streets of London wearing things like this.

    As I say, distressing.

    @gftchris said:

    As if it wasn't bad enough to have the only team a lot of British people have heard of being the Ravens - one guy I spoke to only knew one player, Joe Flacco. Now, it seems as if wearing a Raiders hat has become fashionable, I've seen multiple people on the streets of London wearing things like this.

    As I say, distressing.

    Well if you are a big guy I have your solution. See the first item on the list (Kosar Jersey) But if not pickings really are slim over in your part of the world. But I suggest as a true Browns fan that you get some gear and proudly wear it around. We need more Browns fans throughout the world. πŸ™‚

  • I wear my Cribbs top and Elf beanie hat with pride. To be fair there aren't many of us Brownie fans in Blighty! πŸ™

  • I wear my Cribbs top and Elf beanie hat with pride. To be fair there aren't many of us Brownie fans in Blighty! πŸ™

    @kennel-club said:

    I wear my Cribbs top and Elf beanie hat with pride. To be fair there aren't many of us Brownie fans in Blighty! πŸ™

    Well, there are several patrons on this board. You, gftchris, Kmac, howiedawg, gareth (though I rarely see him post). Different parts of the country though I guess. You are from Kent (btw, my mother grew up in Gillingham), Kmac is from Scotland, Howie and Gareth from the Cotswolds (they are the Cocks of the Cotswolds I hear)...gft...not sure.

    We are waiting for that time when the Browns get the London gig....maybe to play the Jags. Then maybe a few of us can get over.

  • I believe Raiders were 2nd behind Dallas for a long time in apparel sales... prolly cause silver was the new black... or something..

    Amazon carries jerseys and more... not sure about Amazon.UK.... but I've bought items on Amazon UK and shipping "across the pond" is not too dear...

  • @kennel-club said:

    I wear my Cribbs top and Elf beanie hat with pride. To be fair there aren't many of us Brownie fans in Blighty! πŸ™

    Well, there are several patrons on this board. You, gftchris, Kmac, howiedawg, gareth (though I rarely see him post). Different parts of the country though I guess. You are from Kent (btw, my mother grew up in Gillingham), Kmac is from Scotland, Howie and Gareth from the Cotswolds (they are the Cocks of the Cotswolds I hear)...gft...not sure.

    We are waiting for that time when the Browns get the London gig....maybe to play the Jags. Then maybe a few of us can get over.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, there are several patrons on this board. You, gftchris, Kmac, howiedawg, gareth (though I rarely see him post). Different parts of the country though I guess. You are from Kent (btw, my mother grew up in Gillingham), Kmac is from Scotland, Howie and Gareth from the Cotswolds (they are the Cocks of the Cotswolds I hear)...gft...not sure.

    We are waiting for that time when the Browns get the London gig....maybe to play the Jags. Then maybe a few of us can get over.

    I grew up in Bedford but I've lived in London for the last few years.

  • Might have to invest in a pair of these for Mrs gft.

  • Don't forget the matching pasties...

  • post some pics when her outfit is completed