Skip to content

Preseason Game 2

The Browns Board
44 19 2.2k
  • That's also two weeks in a row the browns 1's went up 17-0 over the opponent's 1's

  • listning to the game on PNC banks channel online. Loving this music at timeouts and where commercials would go. So much better! GO DAWGS!

  • Mingo out with rib injury. Fuck.

    Also barnridge and pinkston tonight. Daaamn

    Its bittersweet tonight. I fucking hate injuries.

  • Weeden 8/12, 117 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 9.8 ypa, 137.8 rat.

    Richardson 6 car, 33 yds, 5.5 ypc

    Lewis 5 car, 33 yds, 6.6 ypc

    Cameron 3 cat, 42 yds, 2 TDs

    Gordon 3 cat, 72 yds, 24 ypc

    In a quarter and a half... offense starting to click...

  • Really liking the Weeden to Cameron combo. Detroit d line was killing us early.

  • Fuck now Dion lewis is down.

  • Damn I stopped watching did it look serious? I really hope he's gonna be okay for week 1 cause that guy can make plays

  • He got carted out. Hope its not serious but it didn't look good.

  • Dion had an ankle problem. Sure hope its just a sprain, same with Pinkston.

    Mingo with the rib issue shouldnt be too bad unless of course his ribs are broken

    The injury bug had to come sooner or later, lets hope its sooner and not later this season

  • I had never heard of this guy

  • So many injuries. Hopefully speedy recoveries all around.

  • Browns look fucking awesome tonight. That's two weeks in a row, when was the last time the browns looked good two weeks in a row?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Browns look fucking awesome tonight. That's two weeks in a row, when was the last time the browns looked good two weeks in a row?

    Based soley upon NFL Network's "WrapAround" coverage, my overwhelming impression is that this staff is awesome. They are getting this entire team, not just the first/ second string, but the entire TEAM ready to play.

    AND IT'S ONLY PRESEASON...

    I can't wait to view the full game rebroadacst tomorrow afternoon.

  • So in 3 quarters (2 preseason games) Weeds is 18 of 25 for 3 TD'S, zero int's.. and 229 yards. Seems like Chuds/Norv's offense is tailor made for him. I'm not quite ready to annoint him yet.. but it does show how a system that fits you and a year of experience goes a long way. Weeds is making some progress.

    So lauvoa had ankle surgery, Pinston is out for a while..who is behind them..thats our new starting left guard. Next man up!!!!

    Good thing we held onto Brandon Jackson, he's now the #2 RB.. Lewis is out at least half the year with a broken leg, Hardesty's knees are toast... Mingo has a lung contusion or something along that line, but he'll be back the quickest. Thats just football.. next man up..

  • The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

  • If there's one silver lining to both Hardesty and Lewis going down, it's that at least we might get a chance to see what Maysonet can do. I'm not sure why, but I'm excited about this guy's potential.

  • The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

    @cbus-brownie said:

    The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

    I disagree about being thin at G. Gilkey, Adams, and Shaw are all capable of playing that position until Lauvao gets healthy. When Gilkey stepped in, the offense didn't miss a beat. With a little coaching, and practice with the 1's he should do just fine. We still have Thomas, Greco, Mack, and Schwartz. It's still a good line.

    The injury to Lewis is the worst, but Jackson is a little bigger and not as quick. He has great hands and he and Ogby should be able to step up and do some of the same things Dion has done so far. Let's not forget that Norv said he wants TRich to get 300+ carries this year. He is still the guy to carry the load. Now, we still need a between-the-tackles runner to spell TRich, so we're in the same spot of needing Hardesty to get healthy.

    Hopefully Barnidge is okay b/c he is a good blocker, and hopefully Mingo can be back soon...

  • The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

    @cbus-brownie said:

    The Pinkston and Lewis injuries are devastating, IMO, in what otherwise was a very encouraging preseason game. We're so thin at OG, that's the last place we needed to lose a starter - and Lewis, he adds alot of shiftiness and opens up the playbook with screens/flats that would be of great use for Turners O. He's out for the year I'm assuming, not buying the 6 weeks pitch, he broke his leg..

    Lewis injury is really unfortunate, he seemingly had a Darren Sproles esque upside. Hopefully we're winning some football games and he can be a spark late in the season though. Pinkston is a big injury too, but I'll wait to hear exactly what they're saying about the severity of it. Nowadays they put guys in walking boots for ingrown toenails, so it could just be pre-caution.

    Mingo's injury shouldn't be as big a deal as it sounds. As I understand even a solid case of bruised lungs takes about 3 weeks to heal.

  • If there's one silver lining to both Hardesty and Lewis going down, it's that at least we might get a chance to see what Maysonet can do. I'm not sure why, but I'm excited about this guy's potential.

    @gftchris said:

    If there's one silver lining to both Hardesty and Lewis going down, it's that at least we might get a chance to see what Maysonet can do. I'm not sure why, but I'm excited about this guy's potential.

    Hopefully Maysonet will produce better than Jackson. Maybe Jackson just needs to shake off 2 years of rust but something needs to happen, I don't want Richardson to be overworked. The lifespan for RBs isn't long but I would at least like to have Richardson until he is 33-35.

  • Getting to Game 1 in one piece is what we must do, the Dolphins game is a must win (they all are) but that game is sooo important to win and start the season off right.
    I cant remember the last opener the Browns won. Does anybody?

  • Getting to Game 1 in one piece is what we must do, the Dolphins game is a must win (they all are) but that game is sooo important to win and start the season off right.
    I cant remember the last opener the Browns won. Does anybody?

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Getting to Game 1 in one piece is what we must do, the Dolphins game is a must win (they all are) but that game is sooo important to win and start the season off right.

    I cant remember the last opener the Browns won. Does anybody?

    2004