Skip to content

Free Money: Robertson and Gipson

The Browns Board
21 11 823
  • @the-gipper said:

    He started 3 games last year, and both preseason games, didn't he? Both he and Bademosi have looked pretty good thus far.

    Not sure that we have seen anything out of Jamoris Slaughter yet, though.

    Gipson was in the nickel and dime packages at Corner if Im not mistaken...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    Gipson was in the nickel and dime packages at Corner if Im not mistaken...

    Yes....until the last 3 games....when he started. Like I said.

  • @nickers said:

    Gipson was in the nickel and dime packages at Corner if Im not mistaken...

    Yes....until the last 3 games....when he started. Like I said.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes....until the last 3 games....when he started. Like I said.

    no argument..I just want to see him play atleast 8 games..I think he deserves that much...fair enough?

  • b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Ishmaa'lly Kitchen has looked pretty good so far. Big ASS run stuffer

  • Ishmaa'lly Kitchen has looked pretty good so far. Big ASS run stuffer

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @b86b said:

    Ishmaa'lly Kitchen has looked pretty good so far. Big ASS run stuffer

    He was the one that had the big hit against the rams, right? That was nasty - I love it.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    +1 on Kitchen... nice addition.

    Nothing like having a couple undrafted FA's push for playing time or starting, but our accumulated LB crop is ridiculous. They've taken the position from being an off-season concern (given the scheme change) to damn near an embarrassment of luxury... unproven to be sure, but plenty promising.

    My fav undrafted, 2013 FA so far is Justin Staples... followed closely by Tommy Smith.

    Given the number of LB's, it'd be great if one of them had a little time at FB in their not too distant past. Could fill a short term need and hide one while Obie fills in at HB.

    Hard for me to comment on individual DB's... TV broadcast replays give so little basis for evaluating them.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Gipson's start at the end of the season against the Steelers validated Jauron's love. He was fantastic.

  • @b86b said:

    Ishmaa'lly Kitchen has looked pretty good so far. Big ASS run stuffer

    He was the one that had the big hit against the rams, right? That was nasty - I love it.

    b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by b86b
    #14

    @gftchris said:

    He was the one that had the big hit against the rams, right? That was nasty - I love it.

    this hit???

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Gipson officially named FS starter. I think his ability to step up and cover a WR closed the deal. He's good.

  • @gftchris said:

    He was the one that had the big hit against the rams, right? That was nasty - I love it.

    this hit???

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @b86b said:

    this hit???

    yep, that's the fella. for some reason in my mind it was a bit more spectacular (ie not assisted so much), but still, was good to see!

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Im really high on Robertson the LB...love his high motor...seems to fly in at everything...

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Ah come on Shep. Rhodes is still out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Ah come on Shep. Rhodes is still out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @choco said:

    Ah come on Shep. Rhodes is still out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Is that guy gonna get a job....or is he waiting until some team suffers an injury and is desperate to give him the money he wants?

  • S Sheepdog wrote on last edited by
    #20

    It is official. Gipson is our starting FS. I will have to go back and watch the preseason games to see how he has played. I have focused more on the front 7.

    http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/tashaun-gipson-wins-browns-starting-free-safety-job-aims-to-become-valuable-playmaker-1.422724

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by Shep
    #21

    I find it encouraging that Horton seems to like him just as much as Jauron did... couple of guys who might know a thing or two about defensive backs. Gipson is a prototypical FS with coverage skills. Also a very willing tackler. I think he's full-on legit, like Craig Robertson.

    My deeper concern right now is injuries/suspensions. It looks like we'll be missing two of our most explosive talents for the opener (Gordon and Mingo) and maybe Desmond Bryant, too.

    I'm not sweating RG quite as much. Good teams plug nobodies into otherwise talented lines every week, year after year. With Thomas, Greco, Mack, and Schwartz, he's pretty well covered.

    And Pinkston is probably ready to go by week three.