Skip to content

Browns of the 50's

The Browns Board
29 8 914
  • @nickers said:

    Black Label was so-so...

    I am sure it was. Every American national brand beer really was/is.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    I am sure it was. Every American national brand beer really was/is.

    Im more of a Canadian beer drinker these days I.E. LaBatts and Molson Canadian...American beer sucks.

  • S Stewy wrote on last edited by
    #15

    So sad that a 57yr. old Pittsburgh fan in his lifetime has experienced 12 championships Pittsburgh pro sports teams brought to their city, while a 57yr. old Cleveland fan has witnessed 0 ..unless at the age of 8 he remembers 1964.

    A 57yr. old not knowing what it feels like to experience a championship, wow.

    Cleveland has to be the worst 3 sport city in the U.S.

  • So sad that a 57yr. old Pittsburgh fan in his lifetime has experienced 12 championships Pittsburgh pro sports teams brought to their city, while a 57yr. old Cleveland fan has witnessed 0 ..unless at the age of 8 he remembers 1964.

    A 57yr. old not knowing what it feels like to experience a championship, wow.

    Cleveland has to be the worst 3 sport city in the U.S.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @stewy said:

    So sad that a 57yr. old Pittsburgh fan in his lifetime has experienced 12 championships Pittsburgh pro sports teams brought to their city, while a 57yr. old Cleveland fan has witnessed 0 ..unless at the age of 8 he remembers 1964.

    A 57yr. old not knowing what it feels like to experience a championship, wow.

    Cleveland has to be the worst 3 sport city in the U.S.

    Yes. You are a lucky dumbass. That is all there is to it.

    And actually, that probably makes us one of the 3 BEST sports cities.....in terms of the dedication of the fans. A city with -0- titles is every bit as avid...or more so than a city with 12.

    Plus we certainly do not have the FRAKs that you have.

    Also, I was 12 and do remember 1964.

    (I assume you included the Pipers ABA title?)

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I remember my first season. The browns picked a stud running back with the 3rd overall pick, and then took a huge gamble on a 28-year old minor-league pitcher turned QB.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I do remember the 64 championship game, but did not really pay much attention to it. My parents, and a few friends got together to listen to it. 66 was the 1st year I really got into the Browns.

    For the 2nd topic, I remember most of my friends fathers drank Strohs, but after I tasted it as a kid, I never tried it again. Sam Adams Lager is my beverage of choice.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Oh yeah, I'm British, so to me pretty much any American beer is pisswater 😁

  • Oh yeah, I'm British, so to me pretty much any American beer is pisswater 😁

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @gftchris said:

    Oh yeah, I'm British, so to me pretty much any American beer is pisswater 😁

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

  • @gftchris said:

    Oh yeah, I'm British, so to me pretty much any American beer is pisswater 😁

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

    That's the annoying part, we have such great beer, but you can't find it anywhere else. Irish beers are essentially the same as British beers, just that Guinness is world famous.

  • @gftchris said:

    Oh yeah, I'm British, so to me pretty much any American beer is pisswater 😁

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

    Im a fan of Stella Artois...they call it "wife beater" in the UK LOL...none the less...good beer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

    Im a fan of Stella Artois...they call it "wife beater" in the UK LOL...none the less...good beer.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nickers said:

    Im a fan of Stella Artois...they call it "wife beater" in the UK LOL...none the less...good beer.

    Ha, not one I'd go for! Yes, 'wife beater' - because you have a few pints of it then go home and smack your wife about a bit presumably. 'Pint of wifey please mate.' Btw, it's Belgian.

  • @nickers said:

    Im a fan of Stella Artois...they call it "wife beater" in the UK LOL...none the less...good beer.

    Ha, not one I'd go for! Yes, 'wife beater' - because you have a few pints of it then go home and smack your wife about a bit presumably. 'Pint of wifey please mate.' Btw, it's Belgian.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #24

    @gftchris said:

    Ha, not one I'd go for! Yes, 'wife beater' - because you have a few pints of it then go home and smack your wife about a bit presumably. 'Pint of wifey please mate.' Btw, it's Belgian.

    I was not privy of where it was from..I just knew it was big in the UK...I have friends in and around Warrington and Manchester that told Me about it before it was distributed in the U.S..

  • @gftchris said:

    Ha, not one I'd go for! Yes, 'wife beater' - because you have a few pints of it then go home and smack your wife about a bit presumably. 'Pint of wifey please mate.' Btw, it's Belgian.

    I was not privy of where it was from..I just knew it was big in the UK...I have friends in and around Warrington and Manchester that told Me about it before it was distributed in the U.S..

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @nickers said:

    I was not privy of where it was from..I just knew it was big in the UK...I have friends in and around Warrington and Manchester that told Me about it before it was distributed in the U.S..

    It's fairly ubiquitous over here, and I bet there are quite a few brits who don't know where it's from!

  • @nickers said:

    I was not privy of where it was from..I just knew it was big in the UK...I have friends in and around Warrington and Manchester that told Me about it before it was distributed in the U.S..

    It's fairly ubiquitous over here, and I bet there are quite a few brits who don't know where it's from!

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #26

    @gftchris said:

    It's fairly ubiquitous over here, and I bet there are quite a few brits who don't know where it's from!

    All good mate...It all makes for interesting convo...I dont spend My time like some getting all pissed up all the time LOL..Due to medical reasons and alcohol does not agree with My stomach much. but an occasional beer or two never hurt anyone. 🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, but, I don't know of any British beers that anyone would choose either. Irish beers, German beers, yes.

    Hell, I can't even think of a British beer.

    Im a fan of Stella Artois...they call it "wife beater" in the UK LOL...none the less...good beer.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #27

    @nickers said:

    Im a fan of Stella Artois...they call it "wife beater" in the UK LOL...none the less...good beer.

    I guess, because of the name, I kinda thought that was a French beer...or German. Or Dutch. You sure it is not Dutch?

    OK, I see you say it is Belgian. I thought it was one of those.

  • L Larry0791 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Thanks to everyone who responded about the Browns. This wasn'y opened for discussion to talk about beer.

  • Thanks to everyone who responded about the Browns. This wasn'y opened for discussion to talk about beer.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #29

    @larry0791 said:

    Thanks to everyone who responded about the Browns. This wasn'y opened for discussion to talk about beer.

    Excuse Me Mr.Newbie!...but beer is a part of celebrating football..your new here...So I suggest to you to keep quiet awhile and learn about what goes on here..you dont own this thread...the Mods do..If they want.they can choose to move this thread to another area of the site...now sit down..shut up and crack open a cold one...and by the way...welcome to the browns Board...Enjoy!