Skip to content

Mingo injury may point to more serious problem

The Browns Board
51 22 2.0k
  • I've never seen people go more insane over injuries than Browns fans. Calm down, bruised lungs are just one of those right place wrong time deals. A 300 lb lineman has the same chance of this happening than Mingo did. I'll admit he got lucky it wasn't serious but to assume it was his body type or anything is foolish. It's the same deal as Pinkston last year with his blood clot or why that guy from Louisville's leg exploded. I guarantee the Browns will put protective something around his chest too.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @jrb12711 said:

    I've never seen people go more insane over injuries than Browns fans. Calm down, bruised lungs are just one of those right place wrong time deals. A 300 lb lineman has the same chance of this happening than Mingo did. I'll admit he got lucky it wasn't serious but to assume it was his body type or anything is foolish. It's the same deal as Pinkston last year with his blood clot or why that guy from Louisville's leg exploded. I guarantee the Browns will put protective something around his chest too.

    Ha go to any other fan board in the NFL and you will see the same. Le'Veon Bell already has 6 different nicknames on my Steeler message board from all the chicken little cry babies.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Didn't the same injury happen to a WR from the Chargers this past weekend? From what I read the guy didn't get blasted either. Honestly, the odd thing to me is that there have been two bruised lung injuries so far this year, but we haven't seen one in... what, the history of the NFL?

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Ricky Williams suffered a hemopneumothorax (collapsed lung) in 2008. The cause was rumored to be chronic weed smoking

  • Ricky Williams suffered a hemopneumothorax (collapsed lung) in 2008. The cause was rumored to be chronic weed smoking

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @slowburn said:

    Ricky Williams suffered a hemopneumothorax (collapsed lung) in 2008. The cause was rumored to be chronic weed smoking

    man. you must love you some cheeba.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #9

    A "freakish athlete that gets hurt easily". Sounds a lot like Courtney Brown.

  • @slowburn said:

    Ricky Williams suffered a hemopneumothorax (collapsed lung) in 2008. The cause was rumored to be chronic weed smoking

    man. you must love you some cheeba.

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @miktoxic said:

    man. you must love you some cheeba.

    yea boy

  • Lets face the facts, if this happened after what the second preseason game, how in the hell is he going to take playing the Steelers etc. who will exploit his injury? This guy may be history.

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Lets face the facts, if this happened after what the second preseason game, how in the hell is he going to take playing the Steelers etc. who will exploit his injury? This guy may be history.

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Lets face the facts, if this happened after what the second preseason game, how in the hell is he going to take playing the Steelers etc. who will exploit his injury? This guy may be history.

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @choco said:

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

    It was a valid point.

    Mingo needs at least a full year of NFL strength training and bulking to reach his full potential. His frame honestly can't take the beating of a full season as an every down DL.

    This season, I'd love to see him rotating in and out on "passing downs" (a term that is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's league).

    His injury may not have been football related, but you can bet the wear and tear of a full NFL season in the trenches will affect him a little more than some guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Lets face the facts, if this happened after what the second preseason game, how in the hell is he going to take playing the Steelers etc. who will exploit his injury? This guy may be history.

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @choco said:

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

    You mad?

  • Lets face the facts, if this happened after what the second preseason game, how in the hell is he going to take playing the Steelers etc. who will exploit his injury? This guy may be history.

    cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Lets face the facts, if this happened after what the second preseason game, how in the hell is he going to take playing the Steelers etc. who will exploit his injury? This guy may be history.

  • cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I don't think it's quite that easy to hit....the lungs.

  • @choco said:

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

    It was a valid point.

    Mingo needs at least a full year of NFL strength training and bulking to reach his full potential. His frame honestly can't take the beating of a full season as an every down DL.

    This season, I'd love to see him rotating in and out on "passing downs" (a term that is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's league).

    His injury may not have been football related, but you can bet the wear and tear of a full NFL season in the trenches will affect him a little more than some guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It was a valid point.

    Mingo needs at least a full year of NFL strength training and bulking to reach his full potential. His frame honestly can't take the beating of a full season as an every down DL.

    This season, I'd love to see him rotating in and out on "passing downs" (a term that is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's league).

    His injury may not have been football related, but you can bet the wear and tear of a full NFL season in the trenches will affect him a little more than some guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs.

    I think that's pretty accurate. It definitely sounds like they plan to rotate him a la Aldon Smith which seems to be a winning formula. I'm not too worried about his frame, these strength coaches know what to do. People are gaining/losing weight all the time, all I care about is if he gets to the QB.

    And again to everyone, this is a freak injury. You and I have a fairly similar chance of this happening to us playing flag football or pickup basketball. I don't consider freak injuries being injury prone. A nagging knee or ankle? Sure. But not an injury that rarely if ever happens in the NFL.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #17

    More talk that he'll need a month rather than two weeks. He's at 8 days right now, so 22 days from now would be like game 2 or 3. It's a matter of erring on the side of caution and already having depth at the position.

    Looks like this team will be a little less than full strength those first couple weeks (Gordon, Mingo being the biggest missing).

  • @choco said:

    Jesus Christ. Just shut the fuck up already. You're so fucking football illiterate its amusing.

    Better for people to think you're an imbecile than to post and prove it.

    It was a valid point.

    Mingo needs at least a full year of NFL strength training and bulking to reach his full potential. His frame honestly can't take the beating of a full season as an every down DL.

    This season, I'd love to see him rotating in and out on "passing downs" (a term that is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's league).

    His injury may not have been football related, but you can bet the wear and tear of a full NFL season in the trenches will affect him a little more than some guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It was a valid point.

    Mingo needs at least a full year of NFL strength training and bulking to reach his full potential. His frame honestly can't take the beating of a full season as an every down DL.

    This season, I'd love to see him rotating in and out on "passing downs" (a term that is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's league).

    His injury may not have been football related, but you can bet the wear and tear of a full NFL season in the trenches will affect him a little more than some guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs.

    Not picking on you here, but I see these type of comments all over the Net.

    I guess everyone thinks Lawrence Taylor was a fragile bust too . . .

    LT - 6' 3" @ 243lbs with a 4.5 40yd

    vs

    Mingo - 6' 4" @ 241lbs with a 4.58 40yd

    Sure, Mingo may need some conditioning, but primarily he needs NFL game experience.

    We picked him for his explosiveness in Pass Rushing, not to be a Run Stuffer.

    He may well turn out to be decent vs the Run, we just don't know yet.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #19

    flak jackets, everyone, flak jackets!!

    you knew from the start with the happy music playing in the beginning with the la la la music that those villagers were doomed.

    collateral damage.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #20

    A 3-4 OLB who's great at stopping the run? That and three bucks gets you a Venti. It's all about getting around the edge.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It was a valid point.

    Mingo needs at least a full year of NFL strength training and bulking to reach his full potential. His frame honestly can't take the beating of a full season as an every down DL.

    This season, I'd love to see him rotating in and out on "passing downs" (a term that is quickly becoming irrelevant in today's league).

    His injury may not have been football related, but you can bet the wear and tear of a full NFL season in the trenches will affect him a little more than some guys outweighing him by 20-30 lbs.

    Not picking on you here, but I see these type of comments all over the Net.

    I guess everyone thinks Lawrence Taylor was a fragile bust too . . .

    LT - 6' 3" @ 243lbs with a 4.5 40yd

    vs

    Mingo - 6' 4" @ 241lbs with a 4.58 40yd

    Sure, Mingo may need some conditioning, but primarily he needs NFL game experience.

    We picked him for his explosiveness in Pass Rushing, not to be a Run Stuffer.

    He may well turn out to be decent vs the Run, we just don't know yet.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #21

    @jafbf said:

    Not picking on you here, but I see these type of comments all over the Net.

    I guess everyone thinks Lawrence Taylor was a fragile bust too . . .

    LT - 6' 3" @ 243lbs with a 4.5 40yd

    vs

    Mingo - 6' 4" @ 241lbs with a 4.58 40yd

    Sure, Mingo may need some conditioning, but primarily he needs NFL game experience.

    We picked him for his explosiveness in Pass Rushing, not to be a Run Stuffer.

    He may well turn out to be decent vs the Run, we just don't know yet.

    Lawrence Taylor was also drafted thirty years ago, when offensive linemen were, on average, 30 lbs lighter and two inches shorter.

    Getting hit by a 6'1 260 OT is a little different than being hit by a 6'4 330 OT.

    I just would like to see our #6 overall pick become an effective everydown player, personally.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #22

    How much bigger are players now?

    This link quantifies the changes over the years.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=493

  • E EmporerGhoolie wrote on last edited by
    #23

    So once again, the Ghoulmiester calls it way before it happens. Browns fans LOVE these shit players like Cribbs... who can do so many wonderful things",, I said before and again I can say I told you so. ZThe guy is too small to be a DE and too clumsy to be an NFL LB, yeah, like Winslow... he can do two things half assed. I saw this as another cortney Brown pick from draft day.

    Cut the guy, now. Lets all enjoy another horses ass draft pick.

  • So once again, the Ghoulmiester calls it way before it happens. Browns fans LOVE these shit players like Cribbs... who can do so many wonderful things",, I said before and again I can say I told you so. ZThe guy is too small to be a DE and too clumsy to be an NFL LB, yeah, like Winslow... he can do two things half assed. I saw this as another cortney Brown pick from draft day.

    Cut the guy, now. Lets all enjoy another horses ass draft pick.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #24

    @emporerghoolie said:

    So once again, the Ghoulmiester calls it way before it happens. Browns fans LOVE these shit players like Cribbs... who can do so many wonderful things",, I said before and again I can say I told you so. ZThe guy is too small to be a DE and too clumsy to be an NFL LB, yeah, like Winslow... he can do two things half assed. I saw this as another cortney Brown pick from draft day.

    Cut the guy, now. Lets all enjoy another horses ass draft pick.

    Hey dipshit- shit player Cribbs is top 10, (and top 5 in most) ALL FUCKING TIME categories in kick returns. Guy was, and I emphasize was great at what he did.

    Glad you got your crystal ball revved up- about MIngo- before he's played a down of regular season NFL football. It should also tell you you're going to lose $100 betting me against the Browns this year. .