Need some opinions
-
That's Retarded, Quinn trumps dirty sanchez and matt stafford in every way. Why would we trade our first round QB just to pick up another one?
I also think that between Edwards and Winslow.... Edwards will definitely be the one to be traded before K2. Dont get me wrong, I love BE, but this is his contract year and we want to get something for him before he decides to skip town and become Dallas' new TO when he retires.
We need our high 2nd rounder, thats when we will draft our savior Rashad Jennings.
We might scoop up some more picks (like another 2nd or 3rd) when we trade down to pick 10, when we draft Maualuga
We will also receive more picks (a 2nd or 3rd) when we trade DA's stank ass.
GO BROWNS 09 BABY!!!!
-
hopefully Matthews III will be available at #37.
Get A good tailback at 5.
-
AdaM said:
I dont think any mocks have a RB going in the top 5 do they?Seems I just saw one that had us taking Wells......can't remember the publication or site...it wasn't just some fan posting stuff.
-
That's Retarded, Quinn trumps dirty sanchez and matt stafford in every way. Why would we trade our first round QB just to pick up another one?
I also think that between Edwards and Winslow.... Edwards will definitely be the one to be traded before K2. Dont get me wrong, I love BE, but this is his contract year and we want to get something for him before he decides to skip town and become Dallas' new TO when he retires.
We need our high 2nd rounder, thats when we will draft our savior Rashad Jennings.
We might scoop up some more picks (like another 2nd or 3rd) when we trade down to pick 10, when we draft Maualuga
We will also receive more picks (a 2nd or 3rd) when we trade DA's stank ass.
GO BROWNS 09 BABY!!!!
That's Retarded, Quinn trumps dirty sanchez and matt stafford in every way. Why would we trade our first round QB just to pick up another one?
play...like I said...this is a NEW REGIME and are likely to want to put their own stamp on the organization. Keep in mind also that both DA and BQ have been under the past regime for 2yrs.
I am not saying they WILL trade both...but I wouldn't be surprised even if they did. I personally think they stop with just trading DA...but NOTHING will surprise me.
This club is now officially in REBUILD. They may just gut the entire team.
-
AdaM said:
I dont think any mocks have a RB going in the top 5 do they?Seems I just saw one that had us taking Wells......can't remember the publication or site...it wasn't just some fan posting stuff.
-
AdaM said:
I think Beanie is going to be pretty good, but I think our defense is in much greater need right now.I don't get in to needs.....but Wells isn't the 5th best player in the draft...if we take him at #5, I will take a thick rope and hang myself from my deck.
WPD....I agree. Nothing is out of the box...and there are bound to be some moves made that are bound to drive some people nuts.
Just sit back and watch folks...the team you think we have isn't going to be the team we have in 2 years...and Quinn very well could be one of the changes.
Be ready for anything
-
@inspecta said:
See what doesn't make sense to me is gutting a team just for the sake of gutting it.Why let guys go who know how to play football at a high level? Wouldn't it make much more sense to get these guys to buy into your system and play for YOU?
Who says that isn't going to happen??
But you know darn good and well there are many opinions on who can play and who can't. You can see that on message boards, scouting reports, and in head coaches talk and actions.
But no..I am not trying to insinuate we are just going to blow it up and start over for the fun of it. Hopefully it is more a dismantling of the parts that aren't good and re-engineered in to something that is.
Palmer took over no team. Just some scrapped players.
Davis took over something a little better
Crennel something a little better than that.
Now Mangini takes over a NFL football team....not all that good, but one that does have some nice parts.
-
@inspecta said:
See what doesn't make sense to me is gutting a team just for the sake of gutting it.Why let guys go who know how to play football at a high level? Wouldn't it make much more sense to get these guys to buy into your system and play for YOU?
Who says that isn't going to happen??
But you know darn good and well there are many opinions on who can play and who can't. You can see that on message boards, scouting reports, and in head coaches talk and actions.
But no..I am not trying to insinuate we are just going to blow it up and start over for the fun of it. Hopefully it is more a dismantling of the parts that aren't good and re-engineered in to something that is.
Palmer took over no team. Just some scrapped players.
Davis took over something a little better
Crennel something a little better than that.
Now Mangini takes over a NFL football team....not all that good, but one that does have some nice parts.
Who says that isn't going to happen??
But you know darn good and well there are many opinions on who can play and who can't. You can see that on message boards, scouting reports, and in head coaches talk and actions.
But no..I am not trying to insinuate we are just going to blow it up and start over for the fun of it. Hopefully it is more a dismantling of the parts that aren't good and re-engineered in to something that is.
Palmer took over no team. Just some scrapped players.
Davis took over something a little better
Crennel something a little better than that.
Now Mangini takes over a NFL football team....not all that good, but one that does have some nice parts.
Agreed. I don't think they are just going to BLOW IT UP. But I do think that they will have a definite idea of where this team needs to go both in terms of ideology and in terms of players....and some of the better players we have may not fit within the new vision.
That is why I put the 4 players I did into different categories. The first two (DA/K2) I think will be gone. The other two (BQ/BE) wouldn't surprise me.
C.Williams and DQ may also be on the block...but I don't think they could get enough to warrant it...even if all they represent here is a backup. Outside of those players...we really don't have a lot of trade value. Wimbley maybe, but he also fits into the 'lack of return' even for a backup category.
I really don't think we trade much. But I do think we will see major turnover. Watch for at least 1 OL to be cut. I bet we say goodbye to McGinnest, Orr, Peek, Davis, J.Wright, and a few of the previous regimes 'projects'.
-
I doubt there will be any trades before the draft- it always seems trades in the NFL are rare, unless it's actually during the draft. I was really hoping that they'd trade DA during the draft last year, but that never happened. I know the DA topic has been beat to death around this forum, but he represents very little value now given his 2008 performance, his desire to leave here, and his salary.
Please, please, please Mr. Kokonis & Mangini- DO NOT draft a running back at #5. It's DEFENSE we need (Maualuga/Curry/Orakpo). If you aren't looking at those 3, then TRADE the pick and get more choices, if possible.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login