Browns Cuts
-
I haven't been able to watch the preseason games, but I thought that I read where Tommy Smith and Cordell Roberson have both looked pretty solid, at least at times, so those two cuts seem a bit surprising to me.
Maybe some mind games at work to cut some players you're hoping to have on your practice squad in the round of cuts before 53 as they may sneak under the radar a bit better. I may also just be reading into it, and these guys were just the most cut-able at the time. IDK.
-
Zombo said:
LB Tommy Smith and DL dave Kruger cut too
Zombo
Are these cuts just coming out piecemeal, or is there single announcement on them?
-
Zombo said:
LB Tommy Smith and DL dave Kruger cut too
Zombo
Are these cuts just coming out piecemeal, or is there single announcement on them?
Are these cuts just coming out piecemeal, or is there single announcement on them?
They have until 4PM tomorrow but, some are being reported early.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/browns-release-4-players
Zombo
-
Wish the best for these guys, but the 90-75 cuts rarely get another look. It must suck to get that close to the NFL and not make it.
-
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
-
Dribble dribble.
-
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Norwood seemed to be a guy the old regime liked but I suppose this one didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look somewhere else.
-
Zombo said:
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Norwood seemed to be a guy the old regime liked but I suppose this one didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look somewhere else.
-
yawn.......
-
As expected Dion Lewis gone for the year.
They might have held out hope for a return half way through the year, but since Cook did well in the game, and Jackson able to fill that hole as a shiftier RB, I can see why they just stuck him on IR. Expect another preseason next year with a large crop of good RB's.
-
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Norwood sucks,,,
-
As expected Dion Lewis gone for the year.
Yeah- even with the new two flavors of IR- the Browns didn't wait until after September 4th to put him on IR and designate him for return, Means they must think this is at least a 10+ week injury.
Here's the new rules:
Previously, any player put on IR was lost for the entire season. Now, if a player is hurt and put on injured reserve after Sept. 4, that player may return to the active roster eight weeks after the IR designation, and the player must be on the IR list for at least six weeks. In addition, a player must be "designated for return" at the time of his IR classification, which means that a team must anticipate a player's ability to return midseason. Teams can't just hope their key injured player will recover in time.
PS Mik- this is not a "yawn" deal- Lewis was bought in to be at least the designated 3rd down back. or possibly the guy who was going to spell Richardson.
-
Zombo said:
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Norwood sucks,,,
-
Zombo said:
Norwood gone.
Good news for Josh Cooper I imagine.
Zombo
Norwood sucks,,,
-
must be incredibly easy to make it on an NFL roster if one who "sucks" can slide in. Norwood is a great athlete, hope he gets on with another team
He was nothing special..I'm sure you'll get over him...
-
Still waiting on announcement from Browns with todays cuts. I know they have to do something about 7-8 more players. But, in the interim, here are a few names available. What do you think about them?:
CB Will Blackmon cut by Seahawks
FS Markell Martin cut by Titan
TE Mickey Shuler cut by Cards
OG Otis Hudson cut by Bengals
RB Davin Meggett cut by Colts
And here is a link to all the other recent transactions....Any names look tempting?:
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login