Skip to content

Going to Miami game

The Browns Board
23 16 1.1k
  • You should be fine ... as long as you are not THIS guy:

    Dolphins-fan.jpg

  • Bring an attitude. Wear your colors and boo the Browns every chance you get. Bump into people when leaving and 'accidently' knock some peoples beer from their hands.

  • A ab1

    Ok....I'm a Dolphins fan respectfully coming to you guys to see what your gameday experience is like. I know ours down in Miami is terrible usually because the place is half empty.

    The real question I have is, how much crap will I take from the fans at the game? I went to a Ravens game in Baltimore a few years ago and wasn't really harassed too badly. I've been to Jets games in New York and I'd imagine that's as negative an experience I can have as a Dolphins fan.

    Thanks.

    @ab1 said:

    Ok....I'm a Dolphins fan respectfully coming to you guys to see what your gameday experience is like. I know ours down in Miami is terrible usually because the place is half empty.

    The real question I have is, how much crap will I take from the fans at the game? I went to a Ravens game in Baltimore a few years ago and wasn't really harassed too badly. I've been to Jets games in New York and I'd imagine that's as negative an experience I can have as a Dolphins fan.

    Thanks.

    You will be fine. Just don't be stupidly obnoxious. Though I would suggest that that T-Shirt you wear show your pride in those 1972 Dolphins something like this:

    The 1972 Dolphins, the Second Best Undefeated Untied football team of all time.

  • Who apologized to this poser?

    Bitter ass bat.

    Zombo

  • I always sit in 133 or 134, midfield, rows 7 to 13... and find that so do a lot of out of towners who use brokers. I always have a really good time with them, they usually buy me a round and I always return the favor. It's supposed to be fun, even the chickenshitting.

    I just ran into a Steelers fan family (three times) on a Sonoma Valley wine tour and we had a blast. When it starts getting all real, like being a fan of one team actually makes you an enemy of someone who likes another team... almost always based on where you just happened to be born... well, that's weird.

    My nephews future wife (January) is a Steelers fan. We text. It's hilarious.

  • As long as you're not a Ravens/Steelers fan and your not a jackass you will be fine. I grew up in South Florida and have been to game in both places. Cleveland is definitely more of a football town than Miami. Of course you may always run into that one fan that makes the entire experience horrible.

  • Don't let any youngsters with dolphin jerseys run through the muni lot tailgate areas.

  • just gotta say....hate the new LOGO. (i.e. tampadawgs).

  • just gotta say....hate the new LOGO. (i.e. tampadawgs).

    @miktoxic said:

    just gotta say....hate the new LOGO. (i.e. tampadawgs).

    LOL I have a feeling this is going to go on all season long

  • HONEST cleveland fans get a bad rap cause some get unruly it happens everywhere. YOU should be fine ive gone many many browns games talked to fans of many teams. Long as your not taunting or anything i think youll find majority of browns fans are good people that like there team support it even when we lose but aint out to attack fans of other teams

  • You should be fine ... as long as you are not THIS guy:

    Dolphins-fan.jpg

    Zombo said:

    You should be fine ... as long as you are not THIS guy:

    Dolphins-fan.jpg

    Good lord...

  • @miktoxic said:

    just gotta say....hate the new LOGO. (i.e. tampadawgs).

    LOL I have a feeling this is going to go on all season long

    @tampadawgs said:

    LOL I have a feeling this is going to go on all season long

    probably so, oh well at least you're a Browns fan
  • I just wanted to swing back in here before Sunday and say thank you. I realize that most stadiums have their bad apples who feel it's their sole job in life to humiliate (and maybe defecate) on fans of the other team, and then there's the other 97% who just want to see their team win without dealing with a lot of shit. I'll come back in here Monday and let you all know how it went.

  • Bring an attitude. Wear your colors and boo the Browns every chance you get. Bump into people when leaving and 'accidently' knock some peoples beer from their hands.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Bring an attitude. Wear your colors and boo the Browns every chance you get. Bump into people when leaving and 'accidently' knock some peoples beer from their hands.

    Seems legit.

    I went to a game in New Jersey....phins/jets....upper deck. Worst experience in my entire life. They tried to throw beer at our group, we ducked and they soaked this poor little girl, maybe 6 years old, and her jet fan dad fought the other jet fan inbreds above us.....it ended up being ok.

    And one guy was wearing a shell necklace, he was maybe 30 years old..........lol Jet fans.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Bring an attitude. Wear your colors and boo the Browns every chance you get. Bump into people when leaving and 'accidently' knock some peoples beer from their hands.

    Seems legit.

    I went to a game in New Jersey....phins/jets....upper deck. Worst experience in my entire life. They tried to throw beer at our group, we ducked and they soaked this poor little girl, maybe 6 years old, and her jet fan dad fought the other jet fan inbreds above us.....it ended up being ok.

    And one guy was wearing a shell necklace, he was maybe 30 years old..........lol Jet fans.

    @dolfan_cc said:

    Seems legit.

    I went to a game in New Jersey....phins/jets....upper deck. Worst experience in my entire life. They tried to throw beer at our group, we ducked and they soaked this poor little girl, maybe 6 years old, and her jet fan dad fought the other jet fan inbreds above us.....it ended up being ok.

    And one guy was wearing a shell necklace, he was maybe 30 years old..........lol Jet fans.

    I can just add what everyone else said- as long as you're not being an obnoxious ass, you're probably going to be OK. Just don't be like the Steeler fan in my section a few years ago that got tossed after he was flipping everyone off every time the Steelers scored. Finally got a beer tossed his way and a fight ensued.

  • Glad I found this thread. I'm going to the game too, hopefully there will be a decent amount of Dolphin fan around. Its myself, a friend (fin fan), and other friend (Browns fan). I don't really see any of us being overly obnoxious or ass-like. I just hope it's a good time and we don't get beer thrown on us or shit.

    After reading the Miami/Browns thread argument I was a little concerned that the whole populus were going to be asses. I realize every team has their own mild fans, extreme homers, etc.. neither team here is any different on forums or whatever. I went to Miami/Colts game last year and they werent AWFUL, but they were just annoying. Like I got heckled at a little which was annoying but I tried (couldnt really, we lost) to talk shit back. They were just so dumb... every play they were wanting Reggie Wayne to get the ball... even if he wasn't on the field! They were clueless

  • It all depends on how the game goes. If it's a close, good game, and the Browns win, you should be fine. But if the Phins win big, you might have more problems. Also, if you are in the dawg pound, it will be worse then other places in the stadium.

    I sit in section 149. It is right next to the tunnel where the visitors come out, and there is always visiting team fans there. I sit up higher up then the tunnel so I don't sit near them, but for some reason the visitors always have fans down near that tunnel.

  • I've seen some really good fights in the old municipal stadium, the old 'Dog Pound'. A squealers fan walking down the stairs past the wooden benches of the great dog pound. Cussing out the Browns fans and giving them the bird until a Browns fan hit him waist high sending him crashing about 40 feet below. Good times.

  • Glad I found this thread. I'm going to the game too, hopefully there will be a decent amount of Dolphin fan around. Its myself, a friend (fin fan), and other friend (Browns fan). I don't really see any of us being overly obnoxious or ass-like. I just hope it's a good time and we don't get beer thrown on us or shit.

    After reading the Miami/Browns thread argument I was a little concerned that the whole populus were going to be asses. I realize every team has their own mild fans, extreme homers, etc.. neither team here is any different on forums or whatever. I went to Miami/Colts game last year and they werent AWFUL, but they were just annoying. Like I got heckled at a little which was annoying but I tried (couldnt really, we lost) to talk shit back. They were just so dumb... every play they were wanting Reggie Wayne to get the ball... even if he wasn't on the field! They were clueless

    @mysweatybrownjockstrap said:

    Glad I found this thread. I'm going to the game too, hopefully there will be a decent amount of Dolphin fan around. Its myself, a friend (fin fan), and other friend (Browns fan). I don't really see any of us being overly obnoxious or ass-like. I just hope it's a good time and we don't get beer thrown on us or shit.

    After reading the Miami/Browns thread argument I was a little concerned that the whole populus were going to be asses. I realize every team has their own mild fans, extreme homers, etc.. neither team here is any different on forums or whatever. I went to Miami/Colts game last year and they werent AWFUL, but they were just annoying. Like I got heckled at a little which was annoying but I tried (couldnt really, we lost) to talk shit back. They were just so dumb... every play they were wanting Reggie Wayne to get the ball... even if he wasn't on the field! They were clueless

    You reap what you sow. If you want to get into a mud wrestling match with a pig, you will simply get filthy and the pig likes it and he will probably win. You show proper respect and deference and your tuxedo remains clean.

  • I think our seats are around 128