Skip to content

Placekicking

The Browns Board
27 16 1.2k
  • Carpenter has a leg.

    On December 5, 2010, Carpenter made a 60-yard field goal in a home game against the Cleveland Browns. This was the longest field goal in Miami Dolphins history.

  • Wildly inaccurate though.

  • Wildly inaccurate though.

    @choco said:

    Wildly inaccurate though.

    career stats at 81% what would you consider accurate?

  • Sigh....so you think that one stat tells the story?

    Sorry...I don't argue with stat mongerers. Cause they don't understand the game outside of statistics.

  • Considering the only way we score points this year is by the kicker, we might wanna find someone

  • Sigh....so you think that one stat tells the story?

    Sorry...I don't argue with stat mongerers. Cause they don't understand the game outside of statistics.

    @choco said:

    Sigh....so you think that one stat tells the story?

    Sorry...I don't argue with stat mongerers. Cause they don't understand the game outside of statistics.

    again 81% actually 81.9, Dawson career 84% yes they are just stats, I suppose you want Cundiff? if none of those, then give a name and not just resorting to name calling. Maybe he missed a pressure kick or two but 82% of the time he was accurate. I'll take that over who we have now.

  • Sigh....so you think that one stat tells the story?

    Sorry...I don't argue with stat mongerers. Cause they don't understand the game outside of statistics.

    @choco said:

    Sigh....so you think that one stat tells the story?

    Sorry...I don't argue with stat mongerers. Cause they don't understand the game outside of statistics.

    One other thing, Carpenter has kicked in more Pro Bowls than our current kicker.

  • Oh...the popularity bowl....that must mean he's awesome, right?

    Again....I have nothing to say that you'll understand. I don't really care who we pick up, cause its just a fucking kicker, and its not my job.

    Armchair GM is really an exercise in futility.

  • were using a skeet thrower in place of a kicker.....its a new rule....kickers give the league a bad image, too girly.

  • Zombo said:

    Yep, He was the offensive hero of a 6-3 win over the Bills.

    Zombo

    That was presumable a game completely dominated by elite defenses shutting down the opposing QB?

    @gftchris said:

    That was presumable a game completely dominated by elite defenses shutting down the opposing QB?

    Phil arguably had two of his best kicks ever in this game with the Bills. A hurricane blew through about 1/2 hour before game time and froze everything up. I've been in some cold weather while on duty in the North Atlantic but NOTHING came close to the conditions that day.

    My best Phil Moments

    Although Phil wanted to move on to end his career with a winner, he played his last years here with poise and dignity. This is the kind of man you want your sons to emulate

  • Oh...the popularity bowl....that must mean he's awesome, right?

    Again....I have nothing to say that you'll understand. I don't really care who we pick up, cause its just a fucking kicker, and its not my job.

    Armchair GM is really an exercise in futility.

    @choco said:

    Oh...the popularity bowl....that must mean he's awesome, right?

    Again....I have nothing to say that you'll understand. I don't really care who we pick up, cause its just a fucking kicker, and its not my job.

    Armchair GM is really an exercise in futility.

    reality is, you've added nothing to the conversation that indicates you understand that we need a kicker, any kicker as long as he is a kicker. We all know stats are what they are. But when its a kicker what more can you go by than accuracy? Again can you give an intelligent answer ? All you have provided is name calling, it's not rocket science.

  • Glad everyone else beat me to pointing out Dawson's lack of desire to be a Brown!

    @gftchris said:

    Glad everyone else beat me to pointing out Dawson's lack of desire to be a Brown!

    Who since Bermie has actually desired to be a Brown?

  • Considering the only way we score points this year is by the kicker, we might wanna find someone

    @rooster-dick said:

    Considering the only way we score points this year is by the kicker, we might wanna find someone

    I can't for the life of me, figure out why you refer to The Cleveland Browns as "we", when everybody on here knows your a homo shitsburg fan!!