Skip to content

Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Tools

The Browns Board
340 52 13.9k
  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Missing Mingo for the opener is not that big of a deal. I truly trust Groves as our 3rd OLB at this point anyway.

    Missing Gordon will be big, but you have to trust that Norv will have a game plan that will work without him in there...

    Predicting a Browns win... close... 27-24

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by Rooster Dick
    #9

    If the browns score 44 pts, I will streak the field in the 4th Quarter and let out the rooster dick

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I think the Browns defense will suprise, even without Mingo.

    Also, if Weeden is on target and even a Game Manager type QB the Browns will win.

    But if Weeds shits a brick the browns

    will lose. That simple

  • R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I need Jordan Cameron and T.rich to grab me a few TD's this week, Sunday can't come soon enough.

  • I think the Browns defense will suprise, even without Mingo.

    Also, if Weeden is on target and even a Game Manager type QB the Browns will win.

    But if Weeds shits a brick the browns

    will lose. That simple

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @typicalbrowns said:

    I think the Browns defense will suprise, even without Mingo.

    Also, if Weeden is on target and even a Game Manager type QB the Browns will win.

    But if Weeds shits a brick the browns

    will lose. That simple

    true that.

    i think a lot of people are putting a lot of positive hype on miami with tannehill, yet not seeing the same with the browns.

    i think out defense is top 10 even w/o mingo.

    gordon is a dumbass for getting suspended but like Z i agree this is where little has to step up (and as tour2ma...benjamin).

    i think we break the dolphins in half early on and it's 31-13 brownies.

    cameron has 2 tds himself behind TRs 2 and a tom tupa field goal.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Sobo was really on top of how Horton feels about DBs (his former position)... and just repeated it: He simply doesn't put a high premium on corners, period. He thinks it's all about the pass rush, which is why the Browns made it such a priority (Mingo, Kruger, Groves, Bryant, Bryant joining Sheard, now a couple more waiver guys).

    Interesting. I know I overstate it a lot, like my mother could play #2 corner given that you can't breathe on a receiver anymore and any quarterback's gonna lay 400 on you if you don't rattle the pocket fast and often... but Horton might be even more radical than I am.

    Oh, and Sobes also repeated that this Browns staff thought highly of Skrine from day one and felt that he was ready to start.

    Eager to see just how aggressive he is on Sunday after holding back so much in the preseason. I've read over and over that he showed almost nothing they play to do.

  • Missing Mingo for the opener is not that big of a deal. I truly trust Groves as our 3rd OLB at this point anyway.

    Missing Gordon will be big, but you have to trust that Norv will have a game plan that will work without him in there...

    Predicting a Browns win... close... 27-24

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #14

    @thenew23 said:

    Missing Mingo for the opener is not that big of a deal. I truly trust Groves as our 3rd OLB at this point anyway.

    Missing Gordon will be big, but you have to trust that Norv will have a game plan that will work without him in there...

    Predicting a Browns win... close... 27-24

    The Browns rarely win any way but close. Usually the last 20 seconds. At least it seems that way.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #15

    1. First thing I'd like to see this Sunday is 85 to 95% of the seats occupied by the time players are introduced, and a real "home field" advantage.

    2. Next thing is, by the time the game ends, I would like to be able to have to still have faith in the coaching staff and their game management.

    3. And most important of all, an opening day win. Browns win 28-24

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Things I think we'll see:

    1. Weeden in the shotgun about 70% of the time.

    2. A lot of carries for T-Rich, more than we'll see when Gordon returns.

    3. 8 or more catches for Bess, mostly on third down.

    4. Blitz-crazed aggression from Horton because we're facing a young QB.

    5. Stuff we didn't show in preseason: Horton likes blitzes up the middle and Robertson was born for it. He's quick.

    6. Good returns from Benjamin and Rainey. Field position will be key.

    7. Browns might be a little more conservative on offense than they will be later. 23-17 Browns.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #17
  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #18

    My gut says from reading what Banner said he will not play. I have a lot of faith in our other linebackers, and until we play a better offense, I'm not worried if he doesn't play

  • 1. First thing I'd like to see this Sunday is 85 to 95% of the seats occupied by the time players are introduced, and a real "home field" advantage.

    2. Next thing is, by the time the game ends, I would like to be able to have to still have faith in the coaching staff and their game management.

    3. And most important of all, an opening day win. Browns win 28-24

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @cuwoohio said:

    1. First thing I'd like to see this Sunday is 85 to 95% of the seats occupied by the time players are introduced, and a real "home field" advantage.

    more importantly, I hope to see the seats heavily occupied in the fourth quarter

  • @cuwoohio said:

    1. First thing I'd like to see this Sunday is 85 to 95% of the seats occupied by the time players are introduced, and a real "home field" advantage.

    more importantly, I hope to see the seats heavily occupied in the fourth quarter

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @slowburn said:

    more importantly, I hope to see the seats heavily occupied in the fourth quarter

    Amen to that

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Miami 17

    Browns 6

  • Miami 17

    Browns 6

    cvcanedyC cvcanedy wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nickers said:

    Miami 17

    Browns 6

    Why are you even here?

  • Miami 17

    Browns 6

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nickers said:

    Miami 17

    Browns 6

    im guessing that's two field goals and not a missed extra point. You're out of your fucking mind. With Miami's D there is no way we do not score a touchdown, I think we score at least 2 or 3. That's a hell of a prediction my friend. CLE 30 MIA 16
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    hey..If I'm wrong..I'm wrong...Everyone seems so cocky and confident were gonna win..how can we not lose?..I hope we win..I'm just not feeling it.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Hey... I'm not saying we can't or won't lose... But your prediction of 6 points is way too ridiculous

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #26

    it's not like the browns haven't stunk up a game with only 2 field goals.

    ask the scottsmen in the forum who come to the big tailgate every year. they bought shirts saying "i travelled 3,000 miles and all i got was 2 field goals."

    i believe they are going to win and be a much improved team this year and actually fight for the division title...

    BUT

    i've said the same things after regime changes and brand new coaches and brand new schemes(except holmgren) and have been kicked in the nuts by reality way too often.

  • S Shep wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Yeah, the arrow on Mingo is definitely aimed upward. I saw a tweet that said everybody (team docs) feel pretty confident his scan will go just fine and then he's likely to be listed at "questionable," or 50/50. I'd like to see him in uniform, even if he just gets five or six snaps on obvious passing downs.

    Line is even, over/under is 43 points. It's one of our more important openers because you'd love to get to game three with Gordon and a fully healthy Mingo no worse than 1-1.

    Oh, other great news tweeted just an hour ago: Lauvao walked into the locker room with no walking boot and no limp. Coaches are saying they'll still hold him out, reevaluate next week. Could be he only misses one game. This comes on the heels of somebody at OBR hearing me might have "a procedure." Doesn't look that way.