Week 1 Game Impressions: Fins @ Browns
-
week 3? maybe week 6?
fuck this shit! we got guys leaping in the air throwing themselves in harm's way because ginger boy can't hit the target? if we don't see improvement by week 3 put in the backup and draft the #1 rookie next year,
and NO, it's not tim tebow bitches!
week 3? maybe week 6?
fuck this shit! we got guys leaping in the air throwing themselves in harm's way because ginger boy can't hit the target? if we don't see improvement by week 3 put in the backup and draft the #1 rookie next year,
and NO, it's not tim tebow bitches!
And, putting in the backup would do what exactly? Do you think it would improve our team? Hmmm...
@mike-h said:
It's easy to point the finger solely at Weeden, that way you don't have to do any real analysis, Shep.
Kudos.
^ This
-
well while you fairies are in disneyland i'll remind you 2 tards that there are only 16 games in the NFL schedule.
so laugh it off as you ride the 'matterhorn' you faggots.
-one game closer to playoffs, you stoops.
-
-
Weeden is neither and gets very uncomfortable with a dirty pocket. I'm sure I'll take shit for overreacting, but I don't think he's the guy nor will he ever be. I'd make the switch to Jason Campbell now because he makes sense next year mentoring Tajh. Weeden isn't a starter or a backup/mentor.
Why? Why? Why? Why do us Browns fans overreact to our QB situation constantly? Would Campbell REALLY have done any better in this game? We played a tough defensive front and couldn't block sh**, and our WRs didn't help, potentially causing all 3 INTs.
Weeden's play was probably our 5th or 6th worst problem of the day... blocking, wrs dropping passes and not getting open, secondary (sans Haden) getting beat, penalties, and possibly KR were worse. But, it's ALWAYS blame the QB... SMH
Why? Why? Why? Why do us Browns fans overreact to our QB situation constantly? Would Campbell REALLY have done any better in this game? We played a tough defensive front and couldn't block sh**, and our WRs didn't help, potentially causing all 3 INTs.
Weeden's play was probably our 5th or 6th worst problem of the day... blocking, wrs dropping passes and not getting open, secondary (sans Haden) getting beat, penalties, and possibly KR were worse. But, it's ALWAYS blame the QB... SMH
Agree completely, I feel really bad for BW, not a lot of help and got the living shit kicked out of him. I can't recall our o-line ever looking that horrific, did well run blocking early on tho. I don't know if the coaches over reacted and panicked but why stop feeding the rock to TR? TBH, the 3 int's didn't hurt us much at all except for field position. I feel Cousins mistakes cost us WAY WAY more, killed all kinda drives and it effected Schwartz's play too. The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing to me was not having Gordon out there. Look at how Tanny and Hartline's timing and chemistry was. Whenever they needed it, it was there (and I don't fault Skrine either) if Gordon had played he IMO would have done for Weeden what Hartline did for Tanny and woulda been a different ballgame. Would have made the fins D play honest and not let them pin their ears back and terrorize Weeden. When Josh gets back this O will be completely different, unless Weeden gets broke by Baltimore.
-
@mike-h said:
The dart to Benjamin that he dropped, the slant to Little on the first drive, the beautiful corner to Cameron in the end zone. He made a couple plays with his feet, too, and then made throws. Had a second TD pass negated by a penalty near the end.
He was hit 16 times, sacked 6 times and constantly under quick pressure after the snap.
I'm breaking it down later and I'll give you a better idea what I think, that's just stuff off the top of my head.
uhhhh. leta mea thinka.
OL???
-
I didnt bother to read all this thread, but here is my 2 cents
1. Cousons WOW Not good
2. Weezy Not Good
3. Trich still does not hit the hole hard, starting to feel he might be a bust..I hope not
4. Our Offense did not look any better than last yr, same story solid defense ( Expect for third down WTF) shitty Offense
5. Cameron Stud!!!!!
6. Dolpins D Really GOOD
7. I have defended Weeden, but man he did not look good
8. JG Was missed
9 Buster still sucks
-
i watched this whole fucking game with 50 other people screaming for their teams and having to ditch/dodge movement to see each play.
#1/ brandon weeden is SOOOOOO fucking inconsistent.
#2 they just shoulda given the ball to TR 60 times.
#3 so much for our off season acquisitions in FA that will/should kill opposing QB play.
same game. same next year. same shit over and over.
i feel like puking ontop of an already proven pile of puke.
-
O-line was the #1 issues with this game. If you don't think that matters, look at what happened to Pissburgh after losing their Pro Bowl center today. Ben had just as much pressure as Weeden and fared just as bad.
Weeden is part of the solution b/c he can make ALL the throws. The throw to Benjamin that turned into an INT, is a TD if that is Josh Gordon. That pass to Little that turned into an INT is a first down with a receiver who doesn't struggle catching the ball. The pass to Cameron that became an INT... I'll put that one 50-50 on Weeden for putting too much zip and Cameron for getting his hand on it and not catching it or just knocking it down. The TD pass to Barnidge was beautiful... Cameron went over 100 yds w/ a TD, and Weeden hit Bess when we needed him...
Playcalling on offense was a problem as well. How can you abandon Richardson so soon in the game? That is what led to the defense being able to blitz every play, no screen, no draw play, no creativity...
Putting it all on Weeden is completely unfair. NO QB does well under constant pressure... FACT...
-
he was not the #1 factor with the loss today.
i put it squarely on our OLine.
-
1. I blame this game on Cousins, who I never want to see play again. He's weak,
not agile at all, and consistently makes stupid mistakes. He alone cost the Browns
two TD's with his stupid crap. And get driven all the way back into Weeden?
The Browns badly, badly miss Lauvao and Pinkston.
2. And the Browns' zone defense? A bit similar to a prevent ? Not really, but....kinda the same result.
3. Okay, it's also Weeden's fault. He takes way too long to make a decision in a real game. It would help if
he had open wr's - Weeden seemed to telegraph where he was going with the ball. With the oline with two
major injuries, you'd think he'd figure out what to do faster. Throwing into double and triple coverage isn't the answer.
And, he was inaccurate today. A good bit off.
I honestly believe the Browns could have won this game with Brian Hoyer at qb, and Gilkey at ROG.
4. Richardson often had no holes, even worse, he had pillsbury doughboy Cousins going backwards, and blitzes
out the wazoo towards Weeden, who you don't have to worry about him beating you too often. He doesn't
react that quickly.
5. The stupid, ugly, cheapshot ratbirds also lost their first game. So did the squeelers. So did Cincy, maybe.
7. Miami's defense is very, very tough. Their offense, not so much. The Browns secondary often sets up opposing
qb's with 300 yd games. What I saw, was that the Browns were getting a pass rush and dominating the Dulphin run game.
But they have receivers to beat the zone, especially the way Owens and Skrine "play" it. Game over.
8. Looks like we have a defense that will do more than their share of making winning games happen.
The stupid ratbirds and squeelers did that for years. And Little still has the dropping passes going on.
Reject the one where the ball was behind him, still, there were passes he blew.
9. In number three, I said "I honestly believe the Browns could have won this game with Brian Hoyer at qb, and Gilkey at ROG."
And, I "know" they would have won, if they had had Dion Lewis available, and had played Gurley in place of Little a lot more.
10. The Browns will beat the ratbirds, now that they have continued their opening day loss streak. Well, as long
as they find a real ROG, and not a 315 marshmallow.
-
The reasons why they lost are at the least 2 things
1.The Browns can't cover ANYONE that Joe Haden isn't covering.
2.The Browns best offensive player touches the ball 15 times and the QB throws 53 passes
-
1. I blame this game on Cousins, who I never want to see play again. He's weak,
not agile at all, and consistently makes stupid mistakes. He alone cost the Browns
two TD's with his stupid crap. And get driven all the way back into Weeden?
The Browns badly, badly miss Lauvao and Pinkston.
2. And the Browns' zone defense? A bit similar to a prevent ? Not really, but....kinda the same result.
3. Okay, it's also Weeden's fault. He takes way too long to make a decision in a real game. It would help if
he had open wr's - Weeden seemed to telegraph where he was going with the ball. With the oline with two
major injuries, you'd think he'd figure out what to do faster. Throwing into double and triple coverage isn't the answer.
And, he was inaccurate today. A good bit off.
I honestly believe the Browns could have won this game with Brian Hoyer at qb, and Gilkey at ROG.
4. Richardson often had no holes, even worse, he had pillsbury doughboy Cousins going backwards, and blitzes
out the wazoo towards Weeden, who you don't have to worry about him beating you too often. He doesn't
react that quickly.
5. The stupid, ugly, cheapshot ratbirds also lost their first game. So did the squeelers. So did Cincy, maybe.
7. Miami's defense is very, very tough. Their offense, not so much. The Browns secondary often sets up opposing
qb's with 300 yd games. What I saw, was that the Browns were getting a pass rush and dominating the Dulphin run game.
But they have receivers to beat the zone, especially the way Owens and Skrine "play" it. Game over.
8. Looks like we have a defense that will do more than their share of making winning games happen.
The stupid ratbirds and squeelers did that for years. And Little still has the dropping passes going on.
Reject the one where the ball was behind him, still, there were passes he blew.
9. In number three, I said "I honestly believe the Browns could have won this game with Brian Hoyer at qb, and Gilkey at ROG."
And, I "know" they would have won, if they had had Dion Lewis available, and had played Gurley in place of Little a lot more.
10. The Browns will beat the ratbirds, now that they have continued their opening day loss streak. Well, as long
as they find a real ROG, and not a 315 marshmallow.
-
-
-
Peyton Manning's at QB, line looks better, receivers are magically fantastic... he's done it over and over in two cities now. It would happen in Cleveland, too.
Weeden has a great arm. He isn't that QB who does things that make everybody around him look better... and those are the guys who win a lot of games. It's become a necessity to be a winning team over a period of time... and I just don't think Weeden is going to be a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Kaepernick, Flacco, Roethlisberger, etc. I just don't see it. I don't see the endless possibilities I see when watching RG3 or Luck or Kaep or even Tannehill, who is physically unlimited, basically.
I see more Derek Anderson than I want to. I see a guy who turns a busted pocket into a sack, not a scramble for 8 yards. I'm definitely willing to feel differently, change my mind, but here's the thing: You're not gonna find better OL personnel on Green Bay... but you're gonna find a much better quarterback performance. Go figure. I'd never even heard of their left tackle (in for Bulaga) or a couple other guys on that line, yet Rodgers still puts up big numbers. Neither Cobb or Nelson were first round draft picks but they're great now. Hmm.
Tom Brady doesn't have superstar OL or any receivers at all, really... yet he puts up 280 2/1 and wins the game. He's been doing it since he took his first snap.
I want my mind to be changed. That'd be WAY more fun. But I don't see it after 25 preseason and regular season games.
But yeah, we agree: Oniel Cousins had one of the worst games I've ever seen by a guard. And Trent Richardson, #3 overall pick, worth a #4 overall plus a third round pick (where Bernard Pierce was selected) had his usual 3.6 yards per carry.
-
Throwing beyond the first down marker helps.
Catching thrown balls in your vicinity helps. I'm tired of watching highlight reels of WR's of other teams making one handed grabs.
If see Little one more time make his hand gestures when making a catch (his job by the way) and then crap the bed the rest of the game I will literally drive to Berea, drop a giant deuce in that douche.
Can Weeden please bring the ball higher in his motion so that his balls don't get batted at the line. This should have been fixed.
Blocking the man in front of you is part of the Oline's job, got that Cousins?
Where is the clay pigeon shooter we were supposed to have seen?
Please stretch the field.
Why when Trich had some nice runs bouncing outside did we abandon that entirely?
Did we find Shurmur's play book laying around or something?
Screens? That's right we found last years play book laying around.
Can we please find us a white 3rd down WR that knows how to run routes and make catches too?
Great job to the D in keeping us in it.
But sometimes prevent defenses prevents wins. How about some man to man?
-
I swear I'm just so on the fence about Weeden and Trent today. Weeden made some good and bad throws and at least two of the int's hit our receivers hands. Trent didn't do anything amazing but only got 15 touches. Also, on at least half of his carries there were 3 guys in our backfield by the time he got the ball. Same with Weeden: it's hard to make a read when Cameron Wake is eating your lunch by the time you take two steps. Is it really fair to put that on those guys or is it just things they're doing wrong?
All in all today was a huge disappointment. If Skrine looked bad then Owens looked miserable. I know McFadden is a rookie but he can't be worse than those guys. The only bright spot is we legit might have a top 3 run stopping front 7. I just wish and hope Horton calls more pressure off the edge instead of up the middle. I'm encouraged they looked that good without Mingo too.
-
Peyton Manning's at QB, line looks better, receivers are magically fantastic... he's done it over and over in two cities now. It would happen in Cleveland, too.
Weeden has a great arm. He isn't that QB who does things that make everybody around him look better... and those are the guys who win a lot of games. It's become a necessity to be a winning team over a period of time... and I just don't think Weeden is going to be a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Kaepernick, Flacco, Roethlisberger, etc. I just don't see it. I don't see the endless possibilities I see when watching RG3 or Luck or Kaep or even Tannehill, who is physically unlimited, basically.
I see more Derek Anderson than I want to. I see a guy who turns a busted pocket into a sack, not a scramble for 8 yards. I'm definitely willing to feel differently, change my mind, but here's the thing: You're not gonna find better OL personnel on Green Bay... but you're gonna find a much better quarterback performance. Go figure. I'd never even heard of their left tackle (in for Bulaga) or a couple other guys on that line, yet Rodgers still puts up big numbers. Neither Cobb or Nelson were first round draft picks but they're great now. Hmm.
Tom Brady doesn't have superstar OL or any receivers at all, really... yet he puts up 280 2/1 and wins the game. He's been doing it since he took his first snap.
I want my mind to be changed. That'd be WAY more fun. But I don't see it after 25 preseason and regular season games.
But yeah, we agree: Oniel Cousins had one of the worst games I've ever seen by a guard. And Trent Richardson, #3 overall pick, worth a #4 overall plus a third round pick (where Bernard Pierce was selected) had his usual 3.6 yards per carry.
Peyton Manning's at QB, line looks better, receivers are magically fantastic... he's done it over and over in two cities now. It would happen in Cleveland, too.
Weeden has a great arm. He isn't that QB who does things that make everybody around him look better... and those are the guys who win a lot of games. It's become a necessity to be a winning team over a period of time... and I just don't think Weeden is going to be a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Kaepernick, Flacco, Roethlisberger, etc. I just don't see it. I don't see the endless possibilities I see when watching RG3 or Luck or Kaep or even Tannehill, who is physically unlimited, basically.
I see more Derek Anderson than I want to. I see a guy who turns a busted pocket into a sack, not a scramble for 8 yards. I'm definitely willing to feel differently, change my mind, but here's the thing: You're not gonna find better OL personnel on Green Bay... but you're gonna find a much better quarterback performance. Go figure. I'd never even heard of their left tackle (in for Bulaga) or a couple other guys on that line, yet Rodgers still puts up big numbers. Neither Cobb or Nelson were first round draft picks but they're great now. Hmm.
Tom Brady doesn't have superstar OL or any receivers at all, really... yet he puts up 280 2/1 and wins the game. He's been doing it since he took his first snap.
I want my mind to be changed. That'd be WAY more fun. But I don't see it after 25 preseason and regular season games.
But yeah, we agree: Oniel Cousins had one of the worst games I've ever seen by a guard. And Trent Richardson, #3 overall pick, worth a #4 overall plus a third round pick (where Bernard Pierce was selected) had his usual 3.6 yards per carry.
I agree with just about it all. I do think they should have ran Trich outside a little more like they did early on. I think Campbell will be coming in sooner than we might think if Weeds can't get it together and I won't be disappointed. I liked Weeds. I want to see him excel. But if he can't wrap his head around the game he won't. All those QB's you mention and weeds all have the physical ability. The difference is the mental game. The one big criticism with Weeds is how well he handles pocket pressure and he doesn't handle it well. Granted out right side was pathetic today. But weeds has to feel it and make the right decision. And that is what separated Weeds from the Mannings, Rodgers and Bradys.
-
Throwing beyond the first down marker helps.
Catching thrown balls in your vicinity helps. I'm tired of watching highlight reels of WR's of other teams making one handed grabs.
If see Little one more time make his hand gestures when making a catch (his job by the way) and then crap the bed the rest of the game I will literally drive to Berea, drop a giant deuce in that douche.
Can Weeden please bring the ball higher in his motion so that his balls don't get batted at the line. This should have been fixed.
Blocking the man in front of you is part of the Oline's job, got that Cousins?
Where is the clay pigeon shooter we were supposed to have seen?
Please stretch the field.
Why when Trich had some nice runs bouncing outside did we abandon that entirely?
Did we find Shurmur's play book laying around or something?
Screens? That's right we found last years play book laying around.
Can we please find us a white 3rd down WR that knows how to run routes and make catches too?
Great job to the D in keeping us in it.
But sometimes prevent defenses prevents wins. How about some man to man?
As soon as little made that catch on that slant(damn good catch) and then popped up and did his childish "look at me, I'm sooo great" shit, I knew, I just F'N knew he wasn't gonna do shit the rest of the game.....I called it right then and there.If see Little one more time make his hand gestures when making a catch (his job by the way) and then crap the bed the rest of the game I will literally drive to Berea, drop a giant deuce in that douche.
My new nickname for little is " ricochet' lmao
Every time he trys to catch it, it just ricochets off of his hands.
Need to do what they did to Franklin in the movie the replacements, put some damn stickum on his hands!!!
-
Another huge thing is confidence in your guys. The reason guys like Rodgers look even better is they'll throw the 50/50 balls to their WRs. They'll throw the back shoulder fades cause they trust their guys to make the plays. Honestly, if you were Weeden would you have that trust in our WRs?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


