The 2012 Little Returns in Week 3
-
-
He's a beast against a #2 CB. He's not good enough to be a WR1, doesn't have the speed or separation ability. All he has is size...
-
He's a beast against a #2 CB. He's not good enough to be a WR1, doesn't have the speed or separation ability. All he has is size...
-
Little is a bit of an enigma. The guy has decent top end speed but almost zero burst. Hes fun to watch after the catch but he has to catch it first. Hes an excellent run blocking reciever but we almost never get to see him in action due to the lack of second level perimeter runs we pull off. I think his ultimate roll in the NFL would be as a TE/WR3 hybrid in the mold of the infamous Aaron Hernandez.
-
Little is a bit of an enigma. The guy has decent top end speed but almost zero burst. Hes fun to watch after the catch but he has to catch it first. Hes an excellent run blocking reciever but we almost never get to see him in action due to the lack of second level perimeter runs we pull off. I think his ultimate roll in the NFL would be as a TE/WR3 hybrid in the mold of the infamous Aaron Hernandez.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
Little is a bit of an enigma. The guy has decent top end speed but almost zero burst. Hes fun to watch after the catch but he has to catch it first. Hes an excellent run blocking reciever but we almost never get to see him in action due to the lack of second level perimeter runs we pull off. I think his ultimate roll in the NFL would be as a TE/WR3 hybrid in the mold of the infamous Aaron Hernandez.
Perhaps as a full back? Good blocker, good with ball in hands, sounds almost like he's a RB! Oh wait.
Actually, if we managed to get our hands on a genuine quality WR in the offseason to complement Gordon, I wouldn't mind seeing someone of little's size and ability playing FB.
-
I wouldn't necessarilly want him lead blocking linebackers now but I like my fullbacks to be excellent blockers. If you're gonna have a FB on the field instead of another playmaker he better be able to be a dominant blocker. Put him in the slot or right off Cameron so he can block nickle corners or safeties.
This is why their decision to put Ogbannaya at FB and have him out there as much as he was baffles me.
-
Little's drop percentages
2013 Week 1: 20% (I'd say 10% but source says different)
2012: 6.52%
2011: 9.92%
I think the Gordon influence is pretty clear.
While 6.5% ain't golden there were an awful lot of "top" WR names with season drops percentages of 5 and 6%... including:
Victor Cruz
Julio Jones
Andre Johnson
Davon Bess...
-
I'm over Little, he sucks. #1 Gordon, #2 Bess, #3 Benjamin. I'd like to see Cooper get more looks, he seems a sure handed posession type of guy. With Cameron geting looks I like that lineup. Sprinkle Little in every now and again if we can't drop him.
-
I wouldn't necessarilly want him lead blocking linebackers now but I like my fullbacks to be excellent blockers. If you're gonna have a FB on the field instead of another playmaker he better be able to be a dominant blocker. Put him in the slot or right off Cameron so he can block nickle corners or safeties.
This is why their decision to put Ogbannaya at FB and have him out there as much as he was baffles me.
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
I wouldn't necessarilly want him lead blocking linebackers now but I like my fullbacks to be excellent blockers. If you're gonna have a FB on the field instead of another playmaker he better be able to be a dominant blocker. Put him in the slot or right off Cameron so he can block nickle corners or safeties.
This is why their decision to put Ogbannaya at FB and have him out there as much as he was baffles me.
Because their idea of a FB isn't the same as yours. Turner uses RB/FB's. Guys who are solid enough blockers but also are good with the ball in their hands.
Gone are the days of pure blocking FB's. They are finding roster spots harder to come by.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login