Messed up HS playoff system
-
In my opinion the Ohio High School playoff structure is completely overbloated with divisions...and in all the wrong places. Here is now the current setup:
Division I: 2 regions North and South, 35 schools in N, 37 in S. For schools with 608+ males
Division II: 4 regions 27 schools per region. For schools with 403-608 males
Division III: 4 regions, 27/26 schools per region. 281-403 males
Division IV: 4 regions 27/28 schools per region. 213-280 males
Divsion V: 4 regions 27 schools per region. 156-212 males
Division VI: 4 regions. 26/27 schools per region. 112-155 males
Division VII: 4 regions. 26/27 schools per region. 111 or fewer males.
I am sorry, but 7 divisions is way too many. Four would do. Or even 3, which I think is what it was at one point. (When I was in school the playoff system didn't even exist). To me, this completely waters down the whole playoff system.
It smacks of a money grab.
-
the funding of public schools are a money grab and unconstitutional.
-
In 1974, it was 3 divisions with 4 regions each. 12 total teams in the playoff, and ironically, there were still "Hoosiers" type teams in the 12. I played for New Philadelphia that year and Moeller, Upper Arlington, Warren Harding and New Phila were the AAA big school teams that made it. Didn't win, but it was special playing in The Shoe.
-
the funding of public schools are a money grab and unconstitutional.
the funding of public schools are a money grab and unconstitutional.
Says the Ohio Supreme Court many years ago.
No politician, be it an R or a D has the guts to try to change it. Strange
-
In my opinion the Ohio High School playoff structure is completely overbloated with divisions...and in all the wrong places. Here is now the current setup:
Division I: 2 regions North and South, 35 schools in N, 37 in S. For schools with 608+ males
Division II: 4 regions 27 schools per region. For schools with 403-608 males
Division III: 4 regions, 27/26 schools per region. 281-403 males
Division IV: 4 regions 27/28 schools per region. 213-280 males
Divsion V: 4 regions 27 schools per region. 156-212 males
Division VI: 4 regions. 26/27 schools per region. 112-155 males
Division VII: 4 regions. 26/27 schools per region. 111 or fewer males.
I am sorry, but 7 divisions is way too many. Four would do. Or even 3, which I think is what it was at one point. (When I was in school the playoff system didn't even exist). To me, this completely waters down the whole playoff system.
It smacks of a money grab.
In my opinion the Ohio High School playoff structure is completely overbloated with divisions...and in all the wrong places. Here is now the current setup:
Division I: 2 regions North and South, 35 schools in N, 37 in S. For schools with 608+ males
Division II: 4 regions 27 schools per region. For schools with 403-608 males
Division III: 4 regions, 27/26 schools per region. 281-403 males
Division IV: 4 regions 27/28 schools per region. 213-280 males
Divsion V: 4 regions 27 schools per region. 156-212 males
Division VI: 4 regions. 26/27 schools per region. 112-155 males
Division VII: 4 regions. 26/27 schools per region. 111 or fewer males.
I am sorry, but 7 divisions is way too many. Four would do. Or even 3, which I think is what it was at one point. (When I was in school the playoff system didn't even exist). To me, this completely waters down the whole playoff system.
It smacks of a money grab.
Prior to the Fall of 1983, there were what, 3 divisions? And they reflected the larger schools. Fall of 1983 Ohio had 4 divisions for football, and our school finally got a chance at the playoffs. I think there were still smaller schools under that platform that didn't get a chance at postseason football unless it was local or league championship games.
Our school is a small school that the last two years should have been D6 but due to F/Us by the AD played in D5. In a d6 or D7 public school, especially if they also have fall soccer, 30 kids on the sideline is an average number, and having 40 kids on a D6 or D7 is truly amazing.
Our schools only regular season loss was against a D4 school, and they probably had twice the boys out for football as our squad.
If the divisions had to be reduced, the only way this to allow smaller rural schools to be competitive is if say D6 and D7 were one division, D4 and D5 one division, etc.
As a person with a boy in a D6 school, I don't mind the extra divisions.
I
-
Many thanks, Wonderful stuff!
Stop by my web page
-
FrankAmomi said:
between David Toms and K.J. Choi.....who wins ? I say Choi with a birdie on #17....if it goes to the 18th for the playoff, Toms will win....this is great stuff
Why would you put a pro golf post in the middle of a high school football thread?
-
FrankAmomi said:
between David Toms and K.J. Choi.....who wins ? I say Choi with a birdie on #17....if it goes to the 18th for the playoff, Toms will win....this is great stuff
Why would you put a pro golf post in the middle of a high school football thread?
Why would you put a pro golf post in the middle of a high school football thread?
The boring life of a pitiful troll, how pathetic and sad it must be.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login