Hoyer to Start! (Updated)
-
Zombo said:
Nice ... let me add this: New England was 0-2 coming off a 5-11 season when Brady made his first start.
They won the Super Bowl.
Hoyer spent three years backing up Brady.
Zombo
If that happens, I'll buy you a beer (next time I'm in Florida, or you're in London!)
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/09/cleveland_browns_baltimore_rav.html
That sure looks like a devastating injury. I have at least three different cuts on my body that are twice the size of that right now.
-
Try and find a Hoyer NFL highlight reel. Or lowlight reel. Or just video of him playing in general.
I can't.
-
Try and find a Hoyer NFL highlight reel. Or lowlight reel. Or just video of him playing in general.
I can't.
probly a reason for thatTry and find a Hoyer NFL highlight reel. Or lowlight reel. Or just video of him playing in general.
I can't.
-
I DVR'd the preseason so I'm going to go back and check out Hoyer to see what I can see...
I DVR'd the preseason so I'm going to go back and check out Hoyer to see what I can see...
We suck as scouts, they suck as quarterbacks. I'm just going to drink heavily until someone makes me jump out of my seat and say "I think we have ourselves a quarterback!"
Zombo
--Been rehearsing that line for 15 years.
-
well there goes my 9 and 7 record prediction for the year.
see you all next year at the draft.
and yes fairhooker11. yes. and it won't stop til i drop.
-
The Hoyer choice over Campbell makes sense. You already know what you're going to get from Campbell, might as well see what Hoyer has to offer. If he's good then we've found a quarterback. If he's not then Weeden goes back in. And if Weeden continues to play like he has then draft a QB. Something about all of this feels oddly familiar...
-
Try and find a Hoyer NFL highlight reel. Or lowlight reel. Or just video of him playing in general.
I can't.
Try and find a Hoyer NFL highlight reel. Or lowlight reel. Or just video of him playing in general.
I can't.
There's this:
Plus there are a few more Hoyer Video links on this page.
-
I'm down with it. I really am. It's logical.
Weeden is going to see a hand specialist, which makes me think of Kurt Warner's three lost years trying to get his "thumb injury" to heal before he got good again. It's going to be a bigger deal, as one of the radio dudes said. And to keep the metaphor going, whatever loose hold Weeden had on the starting job is gone.
If Brian Hoyer had become available earlier, I seriously doubt Jason Campbell is a Brown. We don't know if they're right or wrong just yet, but Lombardi and Banner think Hoyer just might have what it takes to be a really good NFL quarterback. Sobo (of OBR and other outlets now) wrote back in early August that Hoyer wasn't REALLY the third string QB. Over the course of the season, he might be closer than Campbell to taking Weeden's job.
Why? Because Campbell will be 32 this season. His lot is cast: He's a backup and spot starter. Weeden is almost certainly gone. The one guy with at least a flicker of a future in Cleveland... is Hoyer. Oh, it's way more likely that he'll be backing up Tajh Boyd next year but there's at least a glimmer of hope that the 27-year-old Hoyer can make smart decisions, but the ball in the hands of the playmakers, get the ball out way faster than Weeden.
As Pluto said... "Why not?"
-
0-3
-
Where is Colt McCoy when you need him? Oh thats right, you guys shipped him out of town
-
0-3
0-3
You hate Weeden...you should be thrilled to find out he isn't playing this week. Unless it's like we all really think that you're not a Browns fan anyways. You're a homo for Colt McFrye..
-
Where is Colt McCoy when you need him? Oh thats right, you guys shipped him out of town
Where is Colt McCoy when you need him? Oh thats right, you guys shipped him out of town
Because he sucks....You let me know when he's an opening day starter (earns the job, not given due to injury) at any time again in his career.
-
Where is Colt McCoy when you need him? Oh thats right, you guys shipped him out of town
Where is Colt McCoy when you need him? Oh thats right, you guys shipped him out of town
Jesus, give it up. Why aren't you over on a 49ers forum crying cause they're not starting your boy over kaepernick?
-
Where is Colt McCoy when you need him? Oh thats right, you guys shipped him out of town
Jesus, give it up. Why aren't you over on a 49ers forum crying cause they're not starting your boy over kaepernick?
Jesus, give it up. Why aren't you over on a 49ers forum crying cause they're not starting your boy over kaepernick?
He's a huge Browns fan remember.... He (allegedly) buys season tickets every year. Although that doesn't explain him trying to get someone to give him a ticket to the opener last year.
-
Wow, you guys are duds. My dad has season tickets and I go with him. Well, we go to the opener, and then sell the rest of the tickets. Just like we did this season. I'll watch the disgrace from my couch
-
Brady replaced Bledsoe because of injury. Brady was a sixth round pick and was actually the 4th string qb originally. Brady also played in Michgan, although the Wolverines not the Spartans.
Nice ... let me add this: New England was 0-2 coming off a 5-11 season when Brady made his first start.
They won the Super Bowl.
Hoyer spent three years backing up Brady.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Nice ... let me add this: New England was 0-2 coming off a 5-11 season when Brady made his first start.
They won the Super Bowl.
Hoyer spent three years backing up Brady.
Zombo
im calling my travel agent right now to book my trip to the Big Apple Super Bowl 2014!!
-
Wow, you guys are duds. My dad has season tickets and I go with him. Well, we go to the opener, and then sell the rest of the tickets. Just like we did this season. I'll watch the disgrace from my couch
Wow, you guys are duds. My dad has season tickets and I go with him. Well, we go to the opener, and then sell the rest of the tickets. Just like we did this season. I'll watch the disgrace from my couch
ain't no shame in my game. have pops pm me about his available tix.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
