Skip to content

Hoyer to Start! (Updated)

The Browns Board
138 41 5.5k
  • I said reinventing the team image would help promote a culture change which would in turn help motivate lazy turds like josh Gordon who are phoning it in because they perceive the Cleveland browns to be a garbage team. I never even mentioned little.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I said reinventing the team image would help promote a culture change which would in turn help motivate lazy turds like josh Gordon who are phoning it in because they perceive the Cleveland browns to be a garbage team. I never even mentioned little.

    What about a lazy turd like Greg Little..if a "culture change" will help Josh Gordon (the only skill player on offense that's any good), how much could that help a brain dead moron like Little?

    Shit...all we need are new jerseys and these guys will play better.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I said reinventing the team image would help promote a culture change which would in turn help motivate lazy turds like josh Gordon who are phoning it in because they perceive the Cleveland browns to be a garbage team. I never even mentioned little.

    What about a lazy turd like Greg Little..if a "culture change" will help Josh Gordon (the only skill player on offense that's any good), how much could that help a brain dead moron like Little?

    Shit...all we need are new jerseys and these guys will play better.

    @mark-o said:

    What about a lazy turd like Greg Little..if a "culture change" will help Josh Gordon (the only skill player on offense that's any good), how much could that help a brain dead moron like Little?

    Shit...all we need are new jerseys and these guys will play better.

    Josh Gordon is a good player who's lazy. Greg little is a bum who should be a fullback, maybe.

  • Your attempt to put words in my mouth has utterly failed. You can keep trying but its a little tiresome, now

  • Getting this back on topic and after thinking about this for awhile today, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Hoyer start this week if Wheezy can't go.

    I have heard Lombardi in the past in numerous interviews talk about how much he thought of Hoyer and his ability to play.

    At this point in the week, getting either Campbell or Hoyer ready to go on Sunday would require the same amount of planning.

    We all saw Campbell on Sunday and that was an abortion of a performance from a back up. I get it that it was a tough situation starting on the 1 yard like that but he got the pass interference penalty and a first down at the 22 and did nothing with it at all.

  • I read something similar earlier today as well.

    I mentioned in the tavern during the game that hitting his thumb on a helmet ended Tim Couch's season way back when.

    Bring in Tebow!!

  • Josh Gordon is a lazy turd?

    All I have been hearing is "Wait to Josh gets back!".

    I think the kid is electrifying by the way. With size. Count me in the "just wait" crowd and the "he'll make Little better" crowd ... Not to mention opening up the middle for Cameron and Richardson.

    By the way ESPN scroll says Weeds "likely out" ... Chud never said that... Speculation?

    If we tear up the Vikes with Curly or Shemp I'd say the Weeds era could already be over ... As sad as that is.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Josh Gordon is a lazy turd?

    All I have been hearing is "Wait to Josh gets back!".

    I think the kid is electrifying by the way. With size. Count me in the "just wait" crowd and the "he'll make Little better" crowd ... Not to mention opening up the middle for Cameron and Richardson.

    By the way ESPN scroll says Weeds "likely out" ... Chud never said that... Speculation?

    If we tear up the Vikes with Curly or Shemp I'd say the Weeds era could already be over ... As sad as that is.

    Z

    He's a fine receiver but yes, he's lazy. You mean to tell me you haven't heard about his failure to hustle on the field? His lackadaisical practices? Well I guess you're in Florida. I listen to Cleveland sports talk all day long.

  • Hoyer, who is a North Olmsted native and St. Ignatius alum, is in his 5th NFL season and has appeared in 15 games with 1 start.

    Fuck it.

    Let's go with him.

    Campbell did not seem real excited to be in there Sunday.

    Zombo

  • Hoyer, who is a North Olmsted native and St. Ignatius alum, is in his 5th NFL season and has appeared in 15 games with 1 start.

    Fuck it.

    Let's go with him.

    Campbell did not seem real excited to be in there Sunday.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Fuck it.

    Let's go with him.

    Campbell did not seem real excited to be in there Sunday.

    Zombo

    I'd bet if he put numbers comparable numbers to weeden everyone in Cleveland would be all over his cock.
  • Zombo said:

    Fuck it.

    Let's go with him.

    Campbell did not seem real excited to be in there Sunday.

    Zombo

    I'd bet if he put numbers comparable numbers to weeden everyone in Cleveland would be all over his cock.

    @cdl15 said:

    I'd bet if he put numbers comparable numbers to weeden everyone in Cleveland would be all over his cock.

    61 rating with one TD in two games with three interceptions?

    I think his cock would be Cleveland free.

    Zombo

  • While we all know neither Campbell or Hoyer give us a great chance to win, I'd rather start Hoyer in hopes of some type of potential being there.

    Jason Campbell is a guy who when you need 7 yards, he gets you 6.

  • While we all know neither Campbell or Hoyer give us a great chance to win, I'd rather start Hoyer in hopes of some type of potential being there.

    Jason Campbell is a guy who when you need 7 yards, he gets you 6.

    @dab7291993 said:

    While we all know neither Campbell or Hoyer give us a great chance to win, I'd rather start Hoyer in hopes of some type of potential being there.

    Jason Campbell is a guy who when you need 7 yards, he gets you 6.

    Sounds like EVERY QB since 1999

  • If Chud starts Campbell now, I don't think he did himself any favors by leaving the door open for Hoyer, the locker room can sense indecisiveness

    Luckily it is a road game, or the fans would be chanting Hoyers name after one bad drive by Campbell.

    I am waiting for the obligatory photo of four year old Hoyer in a Browns helmet playing in the yard or getting a jersey for Chrismtas

    Does this movie ever end?

    Zombo

  • Zombo said:

    Josh Gordon is a lazy turd?

    All I have been hearing is "Wait to Josh gets back!".

    I think the kid is electrifying by the way. With size. Count me in the "just wait" crowd and the "he'll make Little better" crowd ... Not to mention opening up the middle for Cameron and Richardson.

    By the way ESPN scroll says Weeds "likely out" ... Chud never said that... Speculation?

    If we tear up the Vikes with Curly or Shemp I'd say the Weeds era could already be over ... As sad as that is.

    Z

    He's a fine receiver but yes, he's lazy. You mean to tell me you haven't heard about his failure to hustle on the field? His lackadaisical practices? Well I guess you're in Florida. I listen to Cleveland sports talk all day long.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    He's a fine receiver but yes, he's lazy. You mean to tell me you haven't heard about his failure to hustle on the field? His lackadaisical practices? Well I guess you're in Florida. I listen to Cleveland sports talk all day long.

    Well, I do have the internet, as you know, so I am well aware of the practice reports and the perception of Gordon.

    He looks terrific on gamedays.

    Zombo

  • Yeah that's all good that he's a good player. I never said he wasnt. Talent gets you pretty far. But if you're talented AND have a work ethic? That's a player you want long term.

  • Said it before... will say it again... Campbell is a shot QB. I hope Wheezy guts it out and plays, but if not, I go with Hoyer.

    On Gordon... I've been saying for a while that he just looked "off" this preseason. An impression based more on body language than play. Hopefully it was due to impending suspension and not being a disgruntled "employee".

  • Guy has a noodle arm on this offense he has no chance to succeed. He's better suited for the WC offense.

  • Norv Turner's offensive scheme is really blowing the doors off with 1 offensive TD in two games.

    Put Hoyer in Sunday. Focus on some quick slants and screens to Cams and Ogbo and then maybe the o line can open up some holes for TRich.

    Defense has been playing great, but with the current punchless offense, D is going to have to score td's for the Browns to contend.

  • Hoyer seems to have fans who think he has "it," whatever it is. They're pretty persistent about it, too. He has a nice arm (better than Dalton) but not a Weeden arm. But that arm hasn't helped Weeds all that much so far.

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer starting. It's not like we have anybody that's just so obviously better or something.

    For what it's worth, Alo's been talking about Hoyer for three years.

  • Hoyer seems to have fans who think he has "it," whatever it is. They're pretty persistent about it, too. He has a nice arm (better than Dalton) but not a Weeden arm. But that arm hasn't helped Weeds all that much so far.

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer starting. It's not like we have anybody that's just so obviously better or something.

    For what it's worth, Alo's been talking about Hoyer for three years.

    @shep said:

    Hoyer seems to have fans who think he has "it," whatever it is.

    Leadership? God knows we need some on the Offense. I know I thought I saw a bit of a spark in preseason.

    Then again, I think I saw Wheezy chewing a little ass in the huddle this week... Still hoping he can get a note so he can play this week.