Hoyer to Start! (Updated)
-
Hoyer seems to have fans who think he has "it," whatever it is. They're pretty persistent about it, too. He has a nice arm (better than Dalton) but not a Weeden arm. But that arm hasn't helped Weeds all that much so far.
I don't have a problem with Hoyer starting. It's not like we have anybody that's just so obviously better or something.
For what it's worth, Alo's been talking about Hoyer for three years.
-
Hoyer seems to have fans who think he has "it," whatever it is. They're pretty persistent about it, too. He has a nice arm (better than Dalton) but not a Weeden arm. But that arm hasn't helped Weeds all that much so far.
I don't have a problem with Hoyer starting. It's not like we have anybody that's just so obviously better or something.
For what it's worth, Alo's been talking about Hoyer for three years.
Hoyer seems to have fans who think he has "it," whatever it is.
Leadership? God knows we need some on the Offense. I know I thought I saw a bit of a spark in preseason.
Then again, I think I saw Wheezy chewing a little ass in the huddle this week... Still hoping he can get a note so he can play this week.
-
Lombardi was/is high on Hoyer because he seems to have the mental aspect: He can read a defense before AND after the snap. He doesn't have slow eyes. He goes through the progressions.
He isn't a high-end physical talent, to be sure. He has a mid-range arm and low-end wheels. But watching that overthrow of Obie last week just about closed it for me. You just can't miss wide open receivers week after week and then blame the guards and receivers for not getting open.
You just hit those, period, and everything looks different.
-
Lombardi was/is high on Hoyer because he seems to have the mental aspect: He can read a defense before AND after the snap. He doesn't have slow eyes. He goes through the progressions.
He isn't a high-end physical talent, to be sure. He has a mid-range arm and low-end wheels. But watching that overthrow of Obie last week just about closed it for me. You just can't miss wide open receivers week after week and then blame the guards and receivers for not getting open.
You just hit those, period, and everything looks different.
Lombardi was/is high on Hoyer because he seems to have the mental aspect: He can read a defense before AND after the snap. He doesn't have slow eyes. He goes through the progressions.
He isn't a high-end physical talent, to be sure. He has a mid-range arm and low-end wheels. But watching that overthrow of Obie last week just about closed it for me. You just can't miss wide open receivers week after week and then blame the guards and receivers for not getting open.
You just hit those, period, and everything looks different.
LOL, but Weedster looked so impressive on "Sports Science."
-
Just heard on the radio that Hoyer is getting the start.
-
Just heard on the radio that Hoyer is getting the start.
Just heard on the radio that Hoyer is getting the start.
Really? I wonder why we wouldn't keep the Vikings guessing longer rather announce on Wednesday?
Zombo
-
Just heard on the radio that Hoyer is getting the start.
Just heard on the radio that Hoyer is getting the start.
I guess you shit me not:
-
I'm gonna have to buy Tourma's "Campbell is shot" theory ... he just didn't look excited to be there Sunday. You'd think the opportunity to start again would be something he was craving ... but I haven't seen it in anything he has said or done since has been here.
Oh well ... Brian Hoyer, Arizona's 4th string QB last year it is ...
Zombo
-
Definitely interesting that Hoyer jumped over Campbell who I thought was the #2 QB on the depth chart. Maybe Hoyer had a better week at practice.
So this begs the question, if Hoyer lights the Vikings up, say 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs with no picks, does he keep the starting job? I know some believe that you shouldn't lose your job to injury but we see how that turned out for the Patriots when Brady took over as well as the 49ers when Kaepernick took over.
-
According to Tony Grossi and ESPN. 850 WKNR
-
Definitely interesting that Hoyer jumped over Campbell who I thought was the #2 QB on the depth chart. Maybe Hoyer had a better week at practice.
So this begs the question, if Hoyer lights the Vikings up, say 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs with no picks, does he keep the starting job? I know some believe that you shouldn't lose your job to injury but we see how that turned out for the Patriots when Brady took over as well as the 49ers when Kaepernick took over.
-
I think he's already got the starting job, because Campbell sucks, and I think everyone at the Browns now KNOWS Weeden ain't gonna cut it.
-
Ordering my Hoyer jersey now.
-
#TankForTeddy
-
Nice call cysko
I like it. May as well give the guy a shot. Already know what Campbell can do.
-
Weeden had his chance this year to show he can see the field. He just doesn't, by NFL standards.
Sure, any qb can eventually, in terms of several seconds (see big stupid ben)...
but the ability to comprehensively see the field, and understand what is going on, and make quick decisions..
doesn't have anything to do with the big NFL arm. Sure, it was preseason, but Hoyer still sees it.
And I underestimated his arm strength a whole lot. Just saw that Hoyer is the man a few minutes ago.
Really smart move. Campbell doesn't see it any better than Weeden, and his passes didn't have zip.
Hoyer is going to come into that game, and show the difference in QB mind vs Big Arm. There aren't
many Brian Sipes or Bernie Kosars around for the Browns. And Hoyers ball placement is really, really smart.
That should change the dropsies. Well, maybe not for Little..... @@
-
Well Hoyer was playing against guys who are mostly unemployed right now but unlike Weeden he showed his neck is functional. I question Hoyer's arm strength and we'll see how he does against pressure, second coming of Tom Brady? probably not but a lot more exciting than Campbell. I think we have seen the last of Weeden. Add another name to the list.

-
I seem to recall we had a QB with good intangibles, who generally made solid decisions, but had a very questionable arm. He was hounded out of the city in favour of Weeden

-
I seem to recall we had a QB with good intangibles, who generally made solid decisions, but had a very questionable arm. He was hounded out of the city in favour of Weeden

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

