Skip to content

Hoyer to Start! (Updated)

The Browns Board
138 41 5.5k
  • Definitely interesting that Hoyer jumped over Campbell who I thought was the #2 QB on the depth chart. Maybe Hoyer had a better week at practice.

    So this begs the question, if Hoyer lights the Vikings up, say 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs with no picks, does he keep the starting job? I know some believe that you shouldn't lose your job to injury but we see how that turned out for the Patriots when Brady took over as well as the 49ers when Kaepernick took over.

    @sheepdog said:

    So this begs the question, if Hoyer lights the Vikings up, say 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs with no picks, does he keep the starting job?

    Yes.

    Zombo

  • I think he's already got the starting job, because Campbell sucks, and I think everyone at the Browns now KNOWS Weeden ain't gonna cut it.

  • Ordering my Hoyer jersey now.

  • #TankForTeddy

  • Nice call cysko

    I like it. May as well give the guy a shot. Already know what Campbell can do.

  • browns30cut-04.jpgbriansipe.jpg

    We just needed a backup named Brian to rescue the franchise again ...

  • Weeden had his chance this year to show he can see the field. He just doesn't, by NFL standards.

    Sure, any qb can eventually, in terms of several seconds (see big stupid ben)...

    but the ability to comprehensively see the field, and understand what is going on, and make quick decisions..

    doesn't have anything to do with the big NFL arm. Sure, it was preseason, but Hoyer still sees it.

    And I underestimated his arm strength a whole lot. Just saw that Hoyer is the man a few minutes ago.

    Really smart move. Campbell doesn't see it any better than Weeden, and his passes didn't have zip.

    Hoyer is going to come into that game, and show the difference in QB mind vs Big Arm. There aren't

    many Brian Sipes or Bernie Kosars around for the Browns. And Hoyers ball placement is really, really smart.

    That should change the dropsies. Well, maybe not for Little..... @@

  • Well Hoyer was playing against guys who are mostly unemployed right now but unlike Weeden he showed his neck is functional. I question Hoyer's arm strength and we'll see how he does against pressure, second coming of Tom Brady? probably not but a lot more exciting than Campbell. I think we have seen the last of Weeden. Add another name to the list.

    vGJc2.jpg

  • I seem to recall we had a QB with good intangibles, who generally made solid decisions, but had a very questionable arm. He was hounded out of the city in favour of Weeden 😉

  • I seem to recall we had a QB with good intangibles, who generally made solid decisions, but had a very questionable arm. He was hounded out of the city in favour of Weeden 😉

    @gftchris said:

    I seem to recall we had a QB with good intangibles, who generally made solid decisions, but had a very questionable arm. He was hounded out of the city in favour of Weeden 😉

    He did not make solid decisions.

    Zombo

  • Just being a bit of a troll for a change 😛

  • All I hope for is that they let Hoyer run the full playbook. I'd rather see the Browns go down in a blaze of glory than see another run up the middle 30 times/no down field passing performance.

  • Yeah, let's go there. I think we're going to see him maybe as soon as next week. What chance does he give us to win?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yeah, let's go there. I think we're going to see him maybe as soon as next week. What chance does he give us to win?

    By the way ... good call.

    Zombo

  • browns30cut-04.jpgbriansipe.jpg

    We just needed a backup named Brian to rescue the franchise again ...

    Zombo said:

    browns30cut-04.jpgbriansipe.jpg

    We just needed a backup named Brian to rescue the franchise again ...

    Maybe in this case history will repeat itself.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Well Hoyer was playing against guys who are mostly unemployed right now but unlike Weeden he showed his neck is functional. I question Hoyer's arm strength and we'll see how he does against pressure, second coming of Tom Brady? probably not but a lot more exciting than Campbell. I think we have seen the last of Weeden. Add another name to the list.

    vGJc2.jpg

    A strong arm does not necessarily make a good QB in the NFL. Accuracy is key. At any rate, I love the picture! 😆 It's so damn true! But, hey... I wish the kid luck.

  • I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

  • The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

  • The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    Damn.

    We're on the same page . . . .

  • I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

    @jafbf said:

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    @jafbf said:

    Damn.

    We're on the same page . . . .

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

  • @jafbf said:

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    @jafbf said:

    Damn.

    We're on the same page . . . .

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

    Are we Browns Fans or what.

    I think they've turned us into a bunch of twisted individuals 😁

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

    Are we Browns Fans or what.

    I think they've turned us into a bunch of twisted individuals 😁

    @jafbf said:

    Are we Browns Fans or what.

    I think they've turned us into a bunch of twisted individuals 😁

    LOL! Yep! 😆