Skip to content

Hoyer to Start! (Updated)

The Browns Board
138 41 5.5k
  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    All I hope for is that they let Hoyer run the full playbook. I'd rather see the Browns go down in a blaze of glory than see another run up the middle 30 times/no down field passing performance.

  • Yeah, let's go there. I think we're going to see him maybe as soon as next week. What chance does he give us to win?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Yeah, let's go there. I think we're going to see him maybe as soon as next week. What chance does he give us to win?

    By the way ... good call.

    Zombo

  • browns30cut-04.jpgbriansipe.jpg

    We just needed a backup named Brian to rescue the franchise again ...

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Zombo said:

    browns30cut-04.jpgbriansipe.jpg

    We just needed a backup named Brian to rescue the franchise again ...

    Maybe in this case history will repeat itself.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Well Hoyer was playing against guys who are mostly unemployed right now but unlike Weeden he showed his neck is functional. I question Hoyer's arm strength and we'll see how he does against pressure, second coming of Tom Brady? probably not but a lot more exciting than Campbell. I think we have seen the last of Weeden. Add another name to the list.

    vGJc2.jpg

    A strong arm does not necessarily make a good QB in the NFL. Accuracy is key. At any rate, I love the picture! 😆 It's so damn true! But, hey... I wish the kid luck.

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #78

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #79

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

  • The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    Damn.

    We're on the same page . . . .

  • I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @jafbf said:

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    @jafbf said:

    Damn.

    We're on the same page . . . .

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

  • @jafbf said:

    I don't have a problem with Hoyer, but him being the Third Stringer I really have to wonder how much real practice he's been getting and how sharp he'll be.

    The Tin Fiol Hat wearer in me seems to think this is pretty odd . . .

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    The Browns coaching staff deliberatley sabotaged the game plan in the first two weeks with shoddy play calling. They then proceeded to give Weeds his walking papers with a convienent ghost thumb injury that will sideline him for the year.

    Now with Lombanner's man at the helm and Gordon coming back they'll unleash the entire playbook.

    tin-foil-hat.jpg

    @jafbf said:

    Damn.

    We're on the same page . . . .

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

    Are we Browns Fans or what.

    I think they've turned us into a bunch of twisted individuals 😁

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Well, this doesn't suprise me.... Not one bit. And being a bit of a tin foil hat wearer at times myself, could one of you please pass the Reynolds Wrap? 😛

    Are we Browns Fans or what.

    I think they've turned us into a bunch of twisted individuals 😁

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @jafbf said:

    Are we Browns Fans or what.

    I think they've turned us into a bunch of twisted individuals 😁

    LOL! Yep! 😆

  • BadNewsBrownsB BadNewsBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #84

    Reporter: Is it Hoyer's job to lose at this point?

    Chud: "We'll play the guy that gives us the best chance to win"

  • Reporter: Is it Hoyer's job to lose at this point?

    Chud: "We'll play the guy that gives us the best chance to win"

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Reporter: Is it Hoyer's job to lose at this point?

    Chud: "We'll play the guy that gives us the best chance to win"

    Also from Grossi:

    Chud on Weeden keeping starting job when healthy: We're going to leave all the options open.

    Not really too much of a surprise, but a little bit of one.

  • Reporter: Is it Hoyer's job to lose at this point?

    Chud: "We'll play the guy that gives us the best chance to win"

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Reporter: Is it Hoyer's job to lose at this point?

    Chud: "We'll play the guy that gives us the best chance to win"

    And that is the right answer. Again, I'm wishing the kid good luck. Maybe..... JUST MAYBE... the stars and planets have aligned and we may have that diamond in the rough!

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #87

    What's the problem? Campbell had plenty of opportunity to prove he is the go-to-guy against the shitbirds. He went in with the Browns on their own one yard line, was given the chance to run 5 plays that took all of 33 seconds. You gotta make hay while the sun is shining and he just wasn't up to the job.

    This is just what the Browns need to right the ship....a bona fide qb controversy. who knows, maybe they will get an extra 15 seconds of coverage on Sportscenter.

    The 2013 season final credits will be scrolling across the screen at about 445pm on Sept 29. On a positive note, there will be plenty of good stubhub seats available on the cheap for the Bills game Thursday night. so it goes

  • B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
    #88

    I don't mind Hoyer starting. If Campbell was gonna be the guy, he would have been the guy with a team before we got him. That said, I think Hoyer is going to tank and throw 3 INTs but somehow manage a TD against the Vikes and Browns fans will be bobbing up and down on his dick because we are that starved for talent in this town.

  • Definitely interesting that Hoyer jumped over Campbell who I thought was the #2 QB on the depth chart. Maybe Hoyer had a better week at practice.

    So this begs the question, if Hoyer lights the Vikings up, say 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs with no picks, does he keep the starting job? I know some believe that you shouldn't lose your job to injury but we see how that turned out for the Patriots when Brady took over as well as the 49ers when Kaepernick took over.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @sheepdog said:

    Definitely interesting that Hoyer jumped over Campbell who I thought was the #2 QB on the depth chart. Maybe Hoyer had a better week at practice.

    So this begs the question, if Hoyer lights the Vikings up, say 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs with no picks, does he keep the starting job? I know some believe that you shouldn't lose your job to injury but we see how that turned out for the Patriots when Brady took over as well as the 49ers when Kaepernick took over.

    Then he probably gets the start against Cinci, especially the way Chud has said "we'll keep all our options open" or something. The bigger problem is, what if he stinks up the place, but we still win? What if he's something like 22-48 for 180yds, 1TD, 3INT, and we manage to get a TD from Richardson, a field goal, and win 17-14 or something?

  • Keep in mind the original poster who thinks that if we change the color of the uniforms, players like Greg Little will suck less than they currently do.

    A new QB will make this team better only if he's actually better than the QB that we have right now and we don't have a QB on the roster who is better than Weeden.

    It's not Campbell and it's certainly not Brian fucking Hoyer.

    Go back to talking about uniforms...

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @mark-o said:

    Keep in mind the original poster who thinks that if we change the color of the uniforms, players like Greg Little will suck less than they currently do.

    A new QB will make this team better only if he's actually better than the QB that we have right now and we don't have a QB on the roster who is better than Weeden.

    It's not Campbell and it's certainly not Brian fucking Hoyer.

    Go back to talking about uniforms...

    What's that now?

  • @mark-o said:

    Keep in mind the original poster who thinks that if we change the color of the uniforms, players like Greg Little will suck less than they currently do.

    A new QB will make this team better only if he's actually better than the QB that we have right now and we don't have a QB on the roster who is better than Weeden.

    It's not Campbell and it's certainly not Brian fucking Hoyer.

    Go back to talking about uniforms...

    What's that now?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    What's that now?

    Just because he's starting doesn't mean he's any better than what we've been seeing in Weeden. I hope I'm wrong and the kid comes in and lights it up and turns into the 2nd coming of Brian Sipe.

    We'll see on Sunday...I hope he plays well. I'd love to see some offense against the Bengals and Bills when I'm in town.

  • I don't mind Hoyer starting. If Campbell was gonna be the guy, he would have been the guy with a team before we got him. That said, I think Hoyer is going to tank and throw 3 INTs but somehow manage a TD against the Vikes and Browns fans will be bobbing up and down on his dick because we are that starved for talent in this town.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @bonedawg said:

    I don't mind Hoyer starting. If Campbell was gonna be the guy, he would have been the guy with a team before we got him. That said, I think Hoyer is going to tank and throw 3 INTs but somehow manage a TD against the Vikes and Browns fans will be bobbing up and down on his dick because we are that starved for talent in this town.

    Bring on OUR version of Tom Brady!!! Right?

    More realistically, I see a 45% completion pct., < 200 yds, 0TD, at least 1 INT performance coming. Browns score a whopping 10 points as TRich finally finds the endzone. D gives up a long TD drive late 3rd, early 4th and find themselves blowing a 13-10 halftime lead for a 20 -16 defeat in typical Browns' boring fashion; however, 16 points would be our biggest offensive game of the year... ohhh brother...

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Brady replaced Bledsoe because of injury. Brady was a sixth round pick and was actually the 4th string qb originally. Brady also played in Michgan, although the Wolverines not the Spartans.

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Jesus Christ.