Skip to content

Positives?

The Browns Board
21 14 942
  • Positives? Those first two games are over and so is Josh Gordon's suspension. A stupid fucking suspension that cost us two fucking winnable games. With Josh out there we'd be 2-0... always fucking something!

    Mingo looked good. Cundiff didn't miss a FG.

    @poeticg said:

    Positives? Those first two games are over and so is Josh Gordon's suspension. A stupid fucking suspension that cost us two fucking winnable games. With Josh out there we'd be 2-0... always fucking something!

    Mingo looked good. Cundiff didn't miss a FG.

    when Receivers dont block and your QB looks lost...I dont think Gordon really matters all that much...not saying he doesnt help...but this isnt Chris Carter or Art Monk were talking about here

  • Positives? Those first two games are over and so is Josh Gordon's suspension. A stupid fucking suspension that cost us two fucking winnable games. With Josh out there we'd be 2-0... always fucking something!

    Mingo looked good. Cundiff didn't miss a FG.

    @poeticg said:

    Positives? Those first two games are over and so is Josh Gordon's suspension. A stupid fucking suspension that cost us two fucking winnable games. With Josh out there we'd be 2-0... always fucking something!

    Mingo looked good. Cundiff didn't miss a FG.

    It's good to have hope but in no way are the outcomes of those games different with Gordon in there.

  • The pass rush was good again, and Lanning's punts were much better.

  • Have we mentioned our tight end yet?

    That kid is gold.

    Get working on the extension.

    Z

  • Have we mentioned our tight end yet?

    That kid is gold.

    Get working on the extension.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Have we mentioned our tight end yet?

    That kid is gold.

    Get working on the extension.

    Z

    They need to throw him the ball more.

  • Why is Buster Skrine getting praised?

    I saw him make a bunch of tackles...you know?...after he gave up a catch.

  • Why is Buster Skrine getting praised?

    I saw him make a bunch of tackles...you know?...after he gave up a catch.

    @dab7291993 said:

    Why is Buster Skrine getting praised?

    I saw him make a bunch of tackles...you know?...after he gave up a catch.

    I thought a CB's job was to NOT allow his guy to catch the ball????????

  • @dab7291993 said:

    Why is Buster Skrine getting praised?

    I saw him make a bunch of tackles...you know?...after he gave up a catch.

    I thought a CB's job was to NOT allow his guy to catch the ball????????

    @browns149 said:

    I thought a CB's job was to NOT allow his guy to catch the ball????????

    that's kind of my point.

  • @browns149 said:

    I thought a CB's job was to NOT allow his guy to catch the ball????????

    that's kind of my point.

    @dab7291993 said:

    that's kind of my point.

    I'd rather have a CB that stops the pass then one that can tackle.

    See Dion Sanders

  • @dab7291993 said:

    that's kind of my point.

    I'd rather have a CB that stops the pass then one that can tackle.

    See Dion Sanders

    @browns149 said:

    I'd rather have a CB that stops the pass then one that can tackle.

    See Dion Sanders

    You realize you're arguing with yourself, right?

  • @browns149 said:

    I'd rather have a CB that stops the pass then one that can tackle.

    See Dion Sanders

    You realize you're arguing with yourself, right?

    @dab7291993 said:

    You realize you're arguing with yourself, right?

    No, she doesn't.

  • @poeticg said:

    Positives? Those first two games are over and so is Josh Gordon's suspension. A stupid fucking suspension that cost us two fucking winnable games. With Josh out there we'd be 2-0... always fucking something!

    Mingo looked good. Cundiff didn't miss a FG.

    It's good to have hope but in no way are the outcomes of those games different with Gordon in there.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's good to have hope but in no way are the outcomes of those games different with Gordon in there.

    I'd wager that the Baltimore game would have turned out differently.

    Gordon being out there puts Little on #2's and Benjamin against LB's. Or it forces them to bring in a nickel corner and take a LB off the field, giving Richardson better chances at breaking through the first wave and reaching the second level.

    Granted, all of that is immaterial when Weeden has 2 seconds to throw and Richardson is being hit at or behind the line.

  • Another positive is that at least they let Trent run outside more than once. If I recall correctly the guy got three designed carries outside the tackles. Two were for nice gains and one got stuffed but hopefully they saw what TR can do in space.

    Weeden looked okaybut not great. There were times where I thought the blitz was picked up well enough and Weeden should have thrown a 50/50 ball on man coverage. I get it, the WR's are mostly trash but the elite guys throw that ball instead of just taking a sack. His pocket awareness got about 10x better than week one though. I hate to see the guy out because he's still the best guy on the roster.

  • "The Mingo ate your baby".

  • Another positive is that at least they let Trent run outside more than once. If I recall correctly the guy got three designed carries outside the tackles. Two were for nice gains and one got stuffed but hopefully they saw what TR can do in space.

    Weeden looked okaybut not great. There were times where I thought the blitz was picked up well enough and Weeden should have thrown a 50/50 ball on man coverage. I get it, the WR's are mostly trash but the elite guys throw that ball instead of just taking a sack. His pocket awareness got about 10x better than week one though. I hate to see the guy out because he's still the best guy on the roster.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Another positive is that at least they let Trent run outside more than once. If I recall correctly the guy got three designed carries outside the tackles. Two were for nice gains and one got stuffed but hopefully they saw what TR can do in space.

    They actually took it to the outside one too many carries..lol

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    It's good to have hope but in no way are the outcomes of those games different with Gordon in there.

    I'd wager that the Baltimore game would have turned out differently.

    Gordon being out there puts Little on #2's and Benjamin against LB's. Or it forces them to bring in a nickel corner and take a LB off the field, giving Richardson better chances at breaking through the first wave and reaching the second level.

    Granted, all of that is immaterial when Weeden has 2 seconds to throw and Richardson is being hit at or behind the line.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd wager that the Baltimore game would have turned out differently.

    Gordon being out there puts Little on #2's and Benjamin against LB's. Or it forces them to bring in a nickel corner and take a LB off the field, giving Richardson better chances at breaking through the first wave and reaching the second level.

    Granted, all of that is immaterial when Weeden has 2 seconds to throw and Richardson is being hit at or behind the line.

    Agree... except for any chance of Benji going against LB's since Bess is our #3 and there are Safties on the field (would like Benji's chances against most Safties tho).

    As for Skrine... He did look much better in Week 2. Any DB playing opposite Haden is going to have a lot of balls thrown his way.

    Positives I don't think mentioned yet is our run D and pass rush... and still have Rubin to look forward to.