TRICH traded to colts
-
@mike-h said:
Remember when you all told me I was crazy for not wanting him?
All??? While I favored other options at #4 (led by a trade down), I'll admit that early there was a period when I was also "open to" TR at #4. The quote below is from one of my later posts on his possible selection...
I have no idea who Rufio is... no idea of his credentials. I was looking for anything to rebut all the crap (PoG was) citing and up he popped in a Google. But he laid out logical, rational, unemotional case against drafting TR that rang true for me.
(The Rufalo article: http://www.dawgsbyna...not-draft-trent )
When we traded up to take TR, I went ballastic. We could have made the same mistake at #4...
-
earlier in a thread of 66 pages?
wow, you got too much time on your hands.
-
@mike-h said:
Bookmarked for future fun, since everyone has long-term memory problems here.
How is it possible that this thread could have gotten more pages than the Hot Cheerleaders section?
-
don't know why mike had to resurrect it, unless it's an easter thing.
-
Negativity towards Richardson is just plain dumb. He's a talented athlete that represented Cleveland and embraced playing here. His rookie year he was the lone bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. He would probably been more effective if not for the broken ribs he played through all season. Well, that and the fact that his carries were limited from taking him off the field during key moments. I seem to remember a number of games that we were leading at the half and then Shurmur for whatever reason stopped running the ball. Or would call a FB dive with a TE instead of letting the beast plough through the middle. I swear that was some of the worst play-calling in the history of offensive game-plans.
I still think BAMFTR will be good in Indy. Despite what some people think, it's not that easy to learn an NFL offensive playbook, then the next year study a brand new playbook and before your 4th game find yourself having to learn an entirely different offensive playbook. He'll learn the system and terminology and he'll come out swinging in 2014 and if Cleveland can't manage to field a better product in the running game and/or the player taken at 26 then I feel we will have made a mistake. Now, if after this off-season Trent can't hack it in Indy with Andrew Luck then I'll say you were right. Until then...
-
What does he have to learn? Get the ball, run through the hole, don't fall down. Oh man. Complex plays there.
-
At the end of the day, the play is "run where there's less people and don't fall."
I once saw Frank Gore lick a pinecone and he's going to probably be a HOFer.
-
lol t rich will be a long forgotten memory once we see Ben Tate run like a real NFL back and not like a side stepping river dancing midget predator
-
Negativity towards Richardson is just plain dumb. He's a talented athlete that represented Cleveland and embraced playing here. His rookie year he was the lone bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. He would probably been more effective if not for the broken ribs he played through all season. Well, that and the fact that his carries were limited from taking him off the field during key moments. I seem to remember a number of games that we were leading at the half and then Shurmur for whatever reason stopped running the ball. Or would call a FB dive with a TE instead of letting the beast plough through the middle. I swear that was some of the worst play-calling in the history of offensive game-plans.
I still think BAMFTR will be good in Indy. Despite what some people think, it's not that easy to learn an NFL offensive playbook, then the next year study a brand new playbook and before your 4th game find yourself having to learn an entirely different offensive playbook. He'll learn the system and terminology and he'll come out swinging in 2014 and if Cleveland can't manage to field a better product in the running game and/or the player taken at 26 then I feel we will have made a mistake. Now, if after this off-season Trent can't hack it in Indy with Andrew Luck then I'll say you were right. Until then...
Every NFL playbook has halfback dives, off tackle runs, and draw plays that are essentially the same. His problem isn't the playbook, it's his field vision.Negativity towards Richardson is just plain dumb. He's a talented athlete that represented Cleveland and embraced playing here. His rookie year he was the lone bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. He would probably been more effective if not for the broken ribs he played through all season. Well, that and the fact that his carries were limited from taking him off the field during key moments. I seem to remember a number of games that we were leading at the half and then Shurmur for whatever reason stopped running the ball. Or would call a FB dive with a TE instead of letting the beast plough through the middle. I swear that was some of the worst play-calling in the history of offensive game-plans.I still think BAMFTR will be good in Indy. Despite what some people think, it's not that easy to learn an NFL offensive playbook, then the next year study a brand new playbook and before your 4th game find yourself having to learn an entirely different offensive playbook. He'll learn the system and terminology and he'll come out swinging in 2014 and if Cleveland can't manage to field a better product in the running game and/or the player taken at 26 then I feel we will have made a mistake. Now, if after this off-season Trent can't hack it in Indy with Andrew Luck then I'll say you were right. Until then...
In the pic below, Richardson took the yellow line.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/529f47106da811464e489190-960/trent-richardson-run.jpg
Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/trent-richardson-screenshot-2013-12
Here is a great post showing how he lost what he had in college.
-
Every NFL playbook has halfback dives, off tackle runs, and draw plays that are essentially the same. His problem isn't the playbook, it's his field vision.Negativity towards Richardson is just plain dumb. He's a talented athlete that represented Cleveland and embraced playing here. His rookie year he was the lone bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. He would probably been more effective if not for the broken ribs he played through all season. Well, that and the fact that his carries were limited from taking him off the field during key moments. I seem to remember a number of games that we were leading at the half and then Shurmur for whatever reason stopped running the ball. Or would call a FB dive with a TE instead of letting the beast plough through the middle. I swear that was some of the worst play-calling in the history of offensive game-plans.I still think BAMFTR will be good in Indy. Despite what some people think, it's not that easy to learn an NFL offensive playbook, then the next year study a brand new playbook and before your 4th game find yourself having to learn an entirely different offensive playbook. He'll learn the system and terminology and he'll come out swinging in 2014 and if Cleveland can't manage to field a better product in the running game and/or the player taken at 26 then I feel we will have made a mistake. Now, if after this off-season Trent can't hack it in Indy with Andrew Luck then I'll say you were right. Until then...
In the pic below, Richardson took the yellow line.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/529f47106da811464e489190-960/trent-richardson-run.jpg
Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/trent-richardson-screenshot-2013-12
Here is a great post showing how he lost what he had in college.
Every NFL playbook has halfback dives, off tackle runs, and draw plays that are essentially the same. His problem isn't the playbook, it's his field vision.
In the pic below, Richardson took the yellow line.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/529f47106da811464e489190-960/trent-richardson-run.jpg
Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/trent-richardson-screenshot-2013-12
Here is a great post showing how he lost what he had in college.
"What he had in college" was an offensive line that was significantly better than every defensive line they faced.
So yeah, he did lose that,
Bama is a system offense. That system happens to be "dominate the trenches, have a QB who minimizes mistakes".
-
Every NFL playbook has halfback dives, off tackle runs, and draw plays that are essentially the same. His problem isn't the playbook, it's his field vision.
In the pic below, Richardson took the yellow line.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/529f47106da811464e489190-960/trent-richardson-run.jpg
Source:http://www.businessinsider.com/trent-richardson-screenshot-2013-12
Here is a great post showing how he lost what he had in college.
"What he had in college" was an offensive line that was significantly better than every defensive line they faced.
So yeah, he did lose that,
Bama is a system offense. That system happens to be "dominate the trenches, have a QB who minimizes mistakes".
True, but if you read that article you'll see even when the colts do open huge holes for him he makes the wrong choice, running into his linemen instead of the hole. He doesn't see holes of opportunity, ones that aren't where the play was designed to go."What he had in college" was an offensive line that was significantly better than every defensive line they faced.
So yeah, he did lose that,
Bama is a system offense. That system happens to be "dominate the trenches, have a QB who minimizes mistakes".
-
True, but if you read that article you'll see even when the colts do open huge holes for him he makes the wrong choice, running into his linemen instead of the hole. He doesn't see holes of opportunity, ones that aren't where the play was designed to go."What he had in college" was an offensive line that was significantly better than every defensive line they faced.
So yeah, he did lose that,
Bama is a system offense. That system happens to be "dominate the trenches, have a QB who minimizes mistakes".
Yeah, I wasn't going to waste my time with an analysis of why TR isn't good.True, but if you read that article you'll see even when the colts do open huge holes for him he makes the wrong choice, running into his linemen instead of the hole. He doesn't see holes of opportunity, ones that aren't where the play was designed to go.
The fact is, he's an average back with above average strength and below average vision who just happened to play behind an above average pffensive line.
There's a reason Ingram was touted as the next big thing in college, then TR, then Lacy, yet all prove to be mediocre after a year (excluding Lacy...so far).
-
Negativity towards Richardson is just plain dumb. He's a talented athlete that represented Cleveland and embraced playing here. His rookie year he was the lone bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. He would probably been more effective if not for the broken ribs he played through all season. Well, that and the fact that his carries were limited from taking him off the field during key moments. I seem to remember a number of games that we were leading at the half and then Shurmur for whatever reason stopped running the ball. Or would call a FB dive with a TE instead of letting the beast plough through the middle. I swear that was some of the worst play-calling in the history of offensive game-plans.
I still think BAMFTR will be good in Indy. Despite what some people think, it's not that easy to learn an NFL offensive playbook, then the next year study a brand new playbook and before your 4th game find yourself having to learn an entirely different offensive playbook. He'll learn the system and terminology and he'll come out swinging in 2014 and if Cleveland can't manage to field a better product in the running game and/or the player taken at 26 then I feel we will have made a mistake. Now, if after this off-season Trent can't hack it in Indy with Andrew Luck then I'll say you were right. Until then...
Negativity towards Richardson is just plain dumb. He's a talented athlete that represented Cleveland and embraced playing here. His rookie year he was the lone bright spot on the offensive side of the ball. He would probably been more effective if not for the broken ribs he played through all season. Well, that and the fact that his carries were limited from taking him off the field during key moments. I seem to remember a number of games that we were leading at the half and then Shurmur for whatever reason stopped running the ball. Or would call a FB dive with a TE instead of letting the beast plough through the middle. I swear that was some of the worst play-calling in the history of offensive game-plans.
I still think BAMFTR will be good in Indy. Despite what some people think, it's not that easy to learn an NFL offensive playbook, then the next year study a brand new playbook and before your 4th game find yourself having to learn an entirely different offensive playbook. He'll learn the system and terminology and he'll come out swinging in 2014 and if Cleveland can't manage to field a better product in the running game and/or the player taken at 26 then I feel we will have made a mistake. Now, if after this off-season Trent can't hack it in Indy with Andrew Luck then I'll say you were right. Until then...
No negativity towards him.....the Browns got a first round pick for him and hopefully we will actually get a good player with that pick. For that, we are thankful to him.
-
This is the funniest thread ever.... I wasted almost two hours going through it while the drilling rig was down at work and I had nothing to do.... Classic.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login