Skip to content

Who's Next?

The Browns Board
28 20 1.8k
  • How long before Gordon or someone else from the previous regime is gone??? Haden, Ward who's next??

  • Not Haden but Gordon better watch his ass. One more screw up and who knows

  • How long before Gordon or someone else from the previous regime is gone??? Haden, Ward who's next??

    @b86b said:

    How long before Gordon or someone else from the previous regime is gone??? Haden, Ward who's next??

    He may not be 'next', but in regards to opening day next year, Weeden is as good as gone.

  • @b86b said:

    How long before Gordon or someone else from the previous regime is gone??? Haden, Ward who's next??

    He may not be 'next', but in regards to opening day next year, Weeden is as good as gone.

    @d-bone said:

    He may not be 'next', but in regards to opening day next year, Weeden is as good as gone.

    I agree..were gonna draft a flashy black running QB who will be on and off I.R.for the next 2 seasons, till we realize we fucked up,then fire Lomtardi's dumb ass after the browns fall by the wayside for good...

  • Gordon won't be let go, simply cause the front office doesn't want fans to not show up to games all together. They are trying their hardest to hide the fact that they are throwing the season and if they dropped Gordon then there would be no hiding it. What I don't get is that they are not being open about trying to trade Weeden. They basically just came out to say Weeden wouldn't be starting even if he didn't injure his thumb, he isn't going to start again the rest of the season, so just get rid of him. Even if you can't trade him for a 2015 7th round pick, drop him and bring in some young guy. Better idea than keeping dead weight around.

  • Gordon won't be let go, simply cause the front office doesn't want fans to not show up to games all together. They are trying their hardest to hide the fact that they are throwing the season and if they dropped Gordon then there would be no hiding it. What I don't get is that they are not being open about trying to trade Weeden. They basically just came out to say Weeden wouldn't be starting even if he didn't injure his thumb, he isn't going to start again the rest of the season, so just get rid of him. Even if you can't trade him for a 2015 7th round pick, drop him and bring in some young guy. Better idea than keeping dead weight around.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Gordon won't be let go, simply cause the front office doesn't want fans to not show up to games all together. They are trying their hardest to hide the fact that they are throwing the season and if they dropped Gordon then there would be no hiding it. What I don't get is that they are not being open about trying to trade Weeden. They basically just came out to say Weeden wouldn't be starting even if he didn't injure his thumb, he isn't going to start again the rest of the season, so just get rid of him. Even if you can't trade him for a 2015 7th round pick, drop him and bring in some young guy. Better idea than keeping dead weight around.

    What exactly did they say that leads you to believe they wouldnt start Weeden again this year? Maybe I missed an interview or something...................

  • Two guys I think could be on the way ouy....Rubin and Sheard.

  • Who's next? Maybe the owner. He is still under the FBI'S thumb. Maybe Banner's ego shoud go too. Lombardi is such a genius that it is hard to see him staying too. I have always tried to maintain an optimistic outlook on my team. I still want to see them win, but drying paint looks to be more exciting to watch for the next few years. Probably score more touchdowns too.

  • Two guys I think could be on the way ouy....Rubin and Sheard.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Two guys I think could be on the way ouy....Rubin and Sheard.

    This seems more likely although I don't see them moving them if only for depths sake. Now if we end up with the #1 overall pick and have a shot at Clowney then Sheard becomes much more likely. Of course this all depends on how the QB's shake out in the draft. As far as Weeden goes I just don't see us being able to get any value out of him. I can't even see the Jags dangling a 6th or 7th to get him. Needless to say, I don't see any major roster moves until the off season.

  • If they're tankin the season which is pretty evident now, there will be more of a demand now than when the seasons over, predraft. Also, the trade deadline is now week 9 which I think will make for more trading as more teams know if they're contending or not.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Two guys I think could be on the way ouy....Rubin and Sheard.

    This seems more likely although I don't see them moving them if only for depths sake. Now if we end up with the #1 overall pick and have a shot at Clowney then Sheard becomes much more likely. Of course this all depends on how the QB's shake out in the draft. As far as Weeden goes I just don't see us being able to get any value out of him. I can't even see the Jags dangling a 6th or 7th to get him. Needless to say, I don't see any major roster moves until the off season.

    @taco918 said:

    This seems more likely although I don't see them moving them if only for depths sake. Now if we end up with the #1 overall pick and have a shot at Clowney then Sheard becomes much more likely. Of course this all depends on how the QB's shake out in the draft. As far as Weeden goes I just don't see us being able to get any value out of him. I can't even see the Jags dangling a 6th or 7th to get him. Needless to say, I don't see any major roster moves until the off season.

    I so hope we get Clowney and his one sack this year...

    The guy is overrated, and I am a Gamecock fan in Gamecock country who lives with Gamecock alums. I met him in high school and watched him in the state championship.

    A top 15 pick, definitely. A top 10 pick, probably. But no way, no how should he be 1st overall.

  • Quit your whining. We have a football game Sunday

    And we will win it.

    Best fucking defense in the AFC.

    Hoyer's got this.

    Running Backs are dime a dozen ... Can't believe we just traded one for a first rounder.

    Z

  • Cut Cousins his fucken garbage!

  • Quit your whining. We have a football game Sunday

    And we will win it.

    Best fucking defense in the AFC.

    Hoyer's got this.

    Running Backs are dime a dozen ... Can't believe we just traded one for a first rounder.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Quit your whining. We have a football game Sunday

    And we will win it.

    Best fucking defense in the AFC.

    Hoyer's got this.

    Running Backs are dime a dozen ... Can't believe we just traded one for a first rounder.

    Z

    So when we lose, you'll stop posting for the rest of the season, right?

  • Zombo said:

    Quit your whining. We have a football game Sunday

    And we will win it.

    Best fucking defense in the AFC.

    Hoyer's got this.

    Running Backs are dime a dozen ... Can't believe we just traded one for a first rounder.

    Z

    So when we lose, you'll stop posting for the rest of the season, right?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So when we lose, you'll stop posting for the rest of the season, right?

    When I lose ... I will wipe my dick in your girlfiend's hair and say ...." What the fuck ... I went for it, right?"

    z

  • @taco918 said:

    This seems more likely although I don't see them moving them if only for depths sake. Now if we end up with the #1 overall pick and have a shot at Clowney then Sheard becomes much more likely. Of course this all depends on how the QB's shake out in the draft. As far as Weeden goes I just don't see us being able to get any value out of him. I can't even see the Jags dangling a 6th or 7th to get him. Needless to say, I don't see any major roster moves until the off season.

    I so hope we get Clowney and his one sack this year...

    The guy is overrated, and I am a Gamecock fan in Gamecock country who lives with Gamecock alums. I met him in high school and watched him in the state championship.

    A top 15 pick, definitely. A top 10 pick, probably. But no way, no how should he be 1st overall.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The guy is overrated, and I am a Gamecock fan in Gamecock country who lives with Gamecock alums. I met him in high school and watched him in the state championship.

    Do you see Clowney as a stand up OLB in a 3-4? Or strickly as a 4-3 DE?

  • Interesting thought.... What would be a reasonable offer for Joe Thomas. They prob blowin up the offense. (Which i love). But if u got right priče for JT and had sights on one in draft. He might be a better value to trade soon for top price, than to leave to rott in cleveland in hopes to be good on the downward part of his career. But someone has to pay up.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So when we lose, you'll stop posting for the rest of the season, right?

    When I lose ... I will wipe my dick in your girlfiend's hair and say ...." What the fuck ... I went for it, right?"

    z

    Zombo said:

    When I lose ... I will wipe my dick in your girlfiend's hair and say ...." What the fuck ... I went for it, right?"

    z

    Sure sounds like you're real confident about this Sunday.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The guy is overrated, and I am a Gamecock fan in Gamecock country who lives with Gamecock alums. I met him in high school and watched him in the state championship.

    Do you see Clowney as a stand up OLB in a 3-4? Or strickly as a 4-3 DE?

    @tour2ma said:

    Do you see Clowney as a stand up OLB in a 3-4? Or strickly as a 4-3 DE?

    He definitely has the athleticism to be an OLB. He can play sideline to sideline with the best. It's just not a natural position for him, I don't believe, and he could have trouble with coverage.

    I think he'd excel as a DE, but could also play at OLB if taken by a 3-4 team.

  • I highly doubt that we could get anything half way decent for Gordon. Way to many screw ups with this guy already and he is 1 failed drug test from being gone a year.