Skip to content

McGahee

The Browns Board
62 24 4.0k
  • Hoyer/McGahee. What a pair. We will go far.

  • Just let Rainey run the ball.

    I don't even see the point of bring McGahee in.

    Or go sign some young speed ball. Maybe find something they can use for the future...

    That's all they wanted to talk about yesterday was building for the future and they bring in a 32 year old with injury issues off the street.

  • I was just now wondering, what happened to Miguel Maysonet? You'll never guess whose PS he was just signed to...

  • He signed with the colts

  • @tour2ma said:

    I think there's still a little tread on that tire... Hope he passes his physical.

    Came back from worst knee injury I've ever seen to have a better career than I ever thought possible.

    Year Age Tm Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G 2012 31 DEN RB 10 9 167 731 4 31 4.4 73.1 16.7 26 221 8.5 0 31 2.6 22.1

    Nope, my fantasy gurus tell me he was washed up years ago.

    @hoorta said:

    Nope, my fantasy gurus tell me he was washed up years ago.

    Not sure how fantasy value dictates the utility of a player...

    Well anyway... he passed his physical and is now a Brown...

  • From the time we had him in Buffalo I can say this much. He isn't an every down, work horse type of back. From the time I spent watching him he had problems with de-hydration and knicks and bumps that hurt him. Obviously the past knee injury problems continue to play a factor. But I think it's a good short term solution until you guys get your RB of the future. By next draft you guys could have both your QB and RB if the FO plays it smart.

  • One can only hope...

    Adding a veteran RB matching your description works for me...

  • I still don't understand why they signed this guy.

    Why waste the money? He won't be on the team next year, more than likely won't finish the season healthy and he brings nothing for the future. They obviously want to tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, so if he comes in and runs for 100 yards a game how does that help? He'll still be a 33 year old injury prone damaged back next season and not be on the team.

    Why not use Lombardi's vast knowledge of the game to find that gem on someone's practice squad that can stick around and allow the Browns to not have to draft a RB at all next year.

  • I still don't understand why they signed this guy.

    Why waste the money? He won't be on the team next year, more than likely won't finish the season healthy and he brings nothing for the future. They obviously want to tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, so if he comes in and runs for 100 yards a game how does that help? He'll still be a 33 year old injury prone damaged back next season and not be on the team.

    Why not use Lombardi's vast knowledge of the game to find that gem on someone's practice squad that can stick around and allow the Browns to not have to draft a RB at all next year.

    @hx214 said:

    I still don't understand why they signed this guy.

    Why waste the money? He won't be on the team next year, more than likely won't finish the season healthy and he brings nothing for the future. They obviously want to tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, so if he comes in and runs for 100 yards a game how does that help? He'll still be a 33 year old injury prone damaged back next season and not be on the team.

    Why not use Lombardi's vast knowledge of the game to find that gem on someone's practice squad that can stick around and allow the Browns to not have to draft a RB at all next year.

    IMO I think your FO is just looking for a quick fix at the moment. They still have until week 6 to comb over practice squads for a hidden gem. But McGahee is a proven player aside from him being injury prone. But then again by next year's draft there could possibly be a very good RB to take and one defenitly better than richardson

  • Quick fix for what?

    The number of running backs that have to be on the roster?

    There has to be a few RB's on there own practice squad, why bother paying anybody anything? Just let Rainey run the ball and bring some scrub up from the PS for peanuts and let him sit on the bench. It's just a waste of money.

    And if Lambardi needs four more weeks to look over other teams practice squads instead of having a Rolodex of possibly good players already in his mind/on his desk, scouts on the phone than the bastard needs to be fired.

  • I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

  • I would at least say morale. They are trying to patch over the Richardson trade with a little bit of validation in a veteran RB. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying McGahee is the solution to all your problems, but he is a step above the rest of the RBs on the roster.

    And this may buy your team some time and keep them a little competitive until they can look for a good candidate to fill the spot. Because unless Hoyer comes out looking like Tom Brady, it's going to be the ground game.

    Also there is no real waste of money since you do have a good amount of cap room under your belt

  • I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    @dawgsrule90 said:

    I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    GTFO of here.

  • It is possible our running back of the future is currently on the IR. I think Dion Lewis is pretty damn good. In today's NFL you pair him with a solid short yardage back and its money.

  • I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    @dawgsrule90 said:

    I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    Just thinking along the same lines...

    How many games before Willis is our leading rusher in 2013? Two???

  • @dawgsrule90 said:

    I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    GTFO of here.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    GTFO of here.

    Playing to lose sucks!! I agree and what a statement to make in the new owners first year. Let's tank it for a draft pick....not a thing in that way of thinking that I consider right.

  • It is possible our running back of the future is currently on the IR. I think Dion Lewis is pretty damn good. In today's NFL you pair him with a solid short yardage back and its money.

    @jcam222 said:

    It is possible our running back of the future is currently on the IR. I think Dion Lewis is pretty damn good. In today's NFL you pair him with a solid short yardage back and its money.

    I like Lewis a LOT!

    Mike

  • I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

  • I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

    Yeah, I don't think we're going to have the worst record in the League this year.