Skip to content

McGahee

The Browns Board
62 24 4.0k
  • Quick fix for what?

    The number of running backs that have to be on the roster?

    There has to be a few RB's on there own practice squad, why bother paying anybody anything? Just let Rainey run the ball and bring some scrub up from the PS for peanuts and let him sit on the bench. It's just a waste of money.

    And if Lambardi needs four more weeks to look over other teams practice squads instead of having a Rolodex of possibly good players already in his mind/on his desk, scouts on the phone than the bastard needs to be fired.

  • I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

  • I would at least say morale. They are trying to patch over the Richardson trade with a little bit of validation in a veteran RB. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying McGahee is the solution to all your problems, but he is a step above the rest of the RBs on the roster.

    And this may buy your team some time and keep them a little competitive until they can look for a good candidate to fill the spot. Because unless Hoyer comes out looking like Tom Brady, it's going to be the ground game.

    Also there is no real waste of money since you do have a good amount of cap room under your belt

  • I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    @dawgsrule90 said:

    I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    GTFO of here.

  • It is possible our running back of the future is currently on the IR. I think Dion Lewis is pretty damn good. In today's NFL you pair him with a solid short yardage back and its money.

  • I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    @dawgsrule90 said:

    I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    Just thinking along the same lines...

    How many games before Willis is our leading rusher in 2013? Two???

  • @dawgsrule90 said:

    I wouldnt be surprised if Mcgahee looks better than trent. But the problem is we need him and hoyer to be horrible to ensure the worst possible record.

    GTFO of here.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    GTFO of here.

    Playing to lose sucks!! I agree and what a statement to make in the new owners first year. Let's tank it for a draft pick....not a thing in that way of thinking that I consider right.

  • It is possible our running back of the future is currently on the IR. I think Dion Lewis is pretty damn good. In today's NFL you pair him with a solid short yardage back and its money.

    @jcam222 said:

    It is possible our running back of the future is currently on the IR. I think Dion Lewis is pretty damn good. In today's NFL you pair him with a solid short yardage back and its money.

    I like Lewis a LOT!

    Mike

  • I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

  • I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

    Yeah, I don't think we're going to have the worst record in the League this year.

  • I still don't understand why they signed this guy.

    Why waste the money? He won't be on the team next year, more than likely won't finish the season healthy and he brings nothing for the future. They obviously want to tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, so if he comes in and runs for 100 yards a game how does that help? He'll still be a 33 year old injury prone damaged back next season and not be on the team.

    Why not use Lombardi's vast knowledge of the game to find that gem on someone's practice squad that can stick around and allow the Browns to not have to draft a RB at all next year.

    @hx214 said:

    I still don't understand why they signed this guy.

    Why waste the money? He won't be on the team next year, more than likely won't finish the season healthy and he brings nothing for the future. They obviously want to tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, so if he comes in and runs for 100 yards a game how does that help? He'll still be a 33 year old injury prone damaged back next season and not be on the team.

    Why not use Lombardi's vast knowledge of the game to find that gem on someone's practice squad that can stick around and allow the Browns to not have to draft a RB at all next year.

    Waiting on dion lewis to get healthy

  • @canton-mike said:

    I may think differently than most, but I'm not buying this "playing to lose" crap. We'll see how the season pans out, but I see us having more pride than that. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I think many folks are over reacting to all the recent happenings.

    Mike

    Yeah, I don't think we're going to have the worst record in the League this year.

    @jafbf said:

    Yeah, I don't think we're going to have the worst record in the League this year.

    Ya, and that will be the worst thing that could happen. Then dumb and dumber will package all the draft picks they just "stole" to someone else to pick "their" QB and have nothing to build with. I can pretty much see it now that the Browns will only draft one player in the first round next year.

    They need to just jettison anybody over the age of 25 that is worth any draft picks. Thomas, Mack, D-Jack then throw in Ward and Haden because in 5 years they are in their twilight, and restart this expansion team. While they are at it see if they can get a stick of Big Red gum in exchange for Little and move along.

    You want to go young, lets go all in. Run this heap of a team straight into a brick wall and rebuild it from bolt one.

  • @hx214 said:

    I still don't understand why they signed this guy.

    Why waste the money? He won't be on the team next year, more than likely won't finish the season healthy and he brings nothing for the future. They obviously want to tank the rest of the season for a high draft pick, so if he comes in and runs for 100 yards a game how does that help? He'll still be a 33 year old injury prone damaged back next season and not be on the team.

    Why not use Lombardi's vast knowledge of the game to find that gem on someone's practice squad that can stick around and allow the Browns to not have to draft a RB at all next year.

    Waiting on dion lewis to get healthy

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Waiting on dion lewis to get healthy

    Ya... But why a 32 year old cripple?

    Why not let Rainey take a crack at it. He runs for 40 yards a game? Who gives a shit? Give someone reps that might have a chance to make the roster next season.

    If Willis can read he'll be in a suit and tie on ESPN 8 next year evaluating week one sleepers for fantasy football.

  • Because Willis mcgahee still has a little gas left, he's a workhorse, and if he gets killed out there, so what? He has no real future. Frankly If the colts are smarter they sign him and don't give up their first rounder.

  • Because Willis mcgahee still has a little gas left, he's a workhorse, and if he gets killed out there, so what? He has no real future. Frankly If the colts are smarter they sign him and don't give up their first rounder.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Because Willis mcgahee still has a little gas left, he's a workhorse, and if he gets killed out there, so what? He has no real future. Frankly If the colts are smarter they sign him and don't give up their first rounder.

    Maybe he was on the street for a reason.

    Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.

    There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.

    What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.

    This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.

  • They're not looking to keep him past the point Dion lewis gets back. Like I said if he gets blown up who cares?

    By the way this old washed up bum had a substantially better ypc average than the mighty Richardson.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    Because Willis mcgahee still has a little gas left, he's a workhorse, and if he gets killed out there, so what? He has no real future. Frankly If the colts are smarter they sign him and don't give up their first rounder.

    Maybe he was on the street for a reason.

    Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.

    There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.

    What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.

    This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.

    @hx214 said:

    Maybe he was on the street for a reason.

    Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.

    There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.

    What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.

    This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.

    I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.
  • When is Hardesty due back?

  • @hx214 said:

    Maybe he was on the street for a reason.

    Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.

    There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.

    What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.

    This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.

    I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.

    I'm excited too. I think Hoyer may well be the smartest QB on our roster & I look for him to make fast, solid decisions, but we'll see.

    Mike

  • When is Hardesty due back?

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    When is Hardesty due back?

    Believe he's on Season ending IR.