McGahee
-
Come on now people Dion Lewis is nothing more than a third down back.
-
They're not looking to keep him past the point Dion lewis gets back. Like I said if he gets blown up who cares?
By the way this old washed up bum had a substantially better ypc average than the mighty Richardson.
They're not looking to keep him past the point Dion lewis gets back. Like I said if he gets blown up who cares?
By the way this old washed up bum had a substantially better ypc average than the mighty Richardson.
Again...
Awesome if the guy comes in and throws up 7 100 yard games.... He aint coming back next year.
Who gives a shit about TRich? That's yesterday's news. For the record, i couldnt care less that TRich is gone, and they want to build. whatever, just do what they say they wanna do.
The fact of the matter is, the cupboard is empty at the running back position. Hardesty is gone, not coming back. TRich gone. Chris Obie is a 3rd String fill in at best. Lewis hasn't played a recordable down in a game for us and snapped his leg. He's on IR. Season Ending if I remember correctly. Cool if he comes in as the number one back. Then what?
This season would be the perfect time to find another back to add to the roster. Willis has about 12 games left and he's done. I honestly doubt he make it 10 games carrying the full load.
Rainey needs the ball and he doesnt need a 32 year old talking carries away from him. Bring back the kid they picked up from Houston and run it....
I guess am not seeing how your all in with the TRich trade and cool with building through the draft but signing a 32 year old throw away when they need to find depth for the future is the right choice here.
-
I could be wrong, but I see Lewis as much more than just a third down back. We'll see, but it looks like we'll see next season.
Mike
-
GTFO of here.
Playing to lose sucks!! I agree and what a statement to make in the new owners first year. Let's tank it for a draft pick....not a thing in that way of thinking that I consider right.
Playing to lose sucks!! I agree and what a statement to make in the new owners first year. Let's tank it for a draft pick....not a thing in that way of thinking that I consider right.
OK. I'll play along. Effectively- they are tanking it for a draft pick. Banner wouldn't answer the question- "and how does this trade make us better RIGHT NOW?" Because he can't- not without lying.
Yup, we're right in the mix of things with a 3rd string qb running the show and a starting RB we've never heard of. How many teams have dumped Willis?
BTW, I haven't forgotten all the Haslam hype- man we're going to do everything possible to win- in what year Jimmy? Have your fingers crossed behind your back?
-
Waiting on dion lewis to get healthy
Ya... But why a 32 year old cripple?
Why not let Rainey take a crack at it. He runs for 40 yards a game? Who gives a shit? Give someone reps that might have a chance to make the roster next season.
If Willis can read he'll be in a suit and tie on ESPN 8 next year evaluating week one sleepers for fantasy football.
Ya... But why a 32 year old cripple?
Why not let Rainey take a crack at it. He runs for 40 yards a game? Who gives a shit? Give someone reps that might have a chance to make the roster next season.
If Willis can read he'll be in a suit and tie on ESPN 8 next year evaluating week one sleepers for fantasy football.
THE OCHO
-
Willis McGahee and Chud were at Miami together.
That's the only reason I can think of.
-
I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.Maybe he was on the street for a reason.
Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.
There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.
What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.
This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.
I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting. The Patriots, Cardinals and Steelers all let him walk. Is there something in this hidden Jewel Dumbtardi sees that 3 other teams have missed, up close and personal?
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
So if you're so cocksure of your drafting acumen, you shouldn't just stop at Richardson- dump the whole damn team- Thomas, Haden - the whole ball of wax- why go half-ass if you're in a rebuilding mode. That's 4 first round picks, not 2.
Nope as far as right now is concerned, we've hit rock bottom, and started to dig.
-
I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting. The Patriots, Cardinals and Steelers all let him walk. Is there something in this hidden Jewel Dumbtardi sees that 3 other teams have missed, up close and personal?
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
So if you're so cocksure of your drafting acumen, you shouldn't just stop at Richardson- dump the whole damn team- Thomas, Haden - the whole ball of wax- why go half-ass if you're in a rebuilding mode. That's 4 first round picks, not 2.
Nope as far as right now is concerned, we've hit rock bottom, and started to dig.
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting.
It is game 3 and he is starting. Seeing how we picked him up late, I am not sure he could have been on a faster pace.
It's evident Hoyer has overtaken Campbell, so that means he has made up ground on Weeden as well. Let's say Weeden didn't get hurt and the team kept losing....at what point would the staff start to look in a different direction if for no other reason than to skake things up?
Personally I didn't think Weeden was playing all that poorly, but as we both know, winning games means a lot and fair or unfair, a large burden of that falls on the QB.
My hope is Hoyer takes his shot and plays like a wildman, is our QB of the future and we don't need to spend any of our future picks on a QB other than maybe a 5th round project guy to groom as Hoyers back-up.
Go Hoyer!
As far as McGahee.....he brings a veteran mentality to a position where we don't have any veteran leadership unless you want to count on Ogie....I don't.
No doubt, it's a 1 season marriage. I don't see any negatives in bringing him to the fold.
-
I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting. The Patriots, Cardinals and Steelers all let him walk. Is there something in this hidden Jewel Dumbtardi sees that 3 other teams have missed, up close and personal?
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
So if you're so cocksure of your drafting acumen, you shouldn't just stop at Richardson- dump the whole damn team- Thomas, Haden - the whole ball of wax- why go half-ass if you're in a rebuilding mode. That's 4 first round picks, not 2.
Nope as far as right now is concerned, we've hit rock bottom, and started to dig.
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
McGahee doesn't need to be better, he needs to be serviceable for a year until we get Lewis and/or Hardesty back and draft another RB. Hell, he doesn't even need to be as good as Richardson - we need the guy we draft, 2nd or 3rd round, to do that job. Then we've basically turned that 2nd/3rd rounder in to a first.
-
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
McGahee doesn't need to be better, he needs to be serviceable for a year until we get Lewis and/or Hardesty back and draft another RB. Hell, he doesn't even need to be as good as Richardson - we need the guy we draft, 2nd or 3rd round, to do that job. Then we've basically turned that 2nd/3rd rounder in to a first.
McGahee doesn't need to be better, he needs to be serviceable for a year until we get Lewis and/or Hardesty back and draft another RB. Hell, he doesn't even need to be as good as Richardson - we need the guy we draft, 2nd or 3rd round, to do that job. Then we've basically turned that 2nd/3rd rounder in to a first.
Wait a minute you want to depend on Hardesty who has a major injury ever year and Lewis a 5'7" 190 guy who well already fell apart in the 2nd pre season game as you main running backs? GENIUS
-
I like the McGahee signing. I never thought our FO would pick up a 32 year old, especially at running back, but he is a work horse and he does everything well ... catch, block. He's played with a chip on his shoulder since he blew out the knee in college, and he's going to have a huge one now as 31 other teams let him sit, many that needed running backs (Giants, Colts, Steelers ...).
It is also a good opportunity to see what Rainey can do, you never know with running backs until they get a real opportunity, preseason is bullshit.
Zombo
-
McGahee doesn't need to be better, he needs to be serviceable for a year until we get Lewis and/or Hardesty back and draft another RB. Hell, he doesn't even need to be as good as Richardson - we need the guy we draft, 2nd or 3rd round, to do that job. Then we've basically turned that 2nd/3rd rounder in to a first.
Wait a minute you want to depend on Hardesty who has a major injury ever year and Lewis a 5'7" 190 guy who well already fell apart in the 2nd pre season game as you main running backs? GENIUS
Wait a minute you want to depend on Hardesty who has a major injury ever year and Lewis a 5'7" 190 guy who well already fell apart in the 2nd pre season game as you main running backs? GENIUS
No, that's not what I said, GENIUS

First, Hardesty is probably gone, Lewis isn't exactly injury prone, he broke his leg. That's not like a knee ligament like RG3 or someone, it heals up and you move on. He's young enough that he won't even notice it. Second, the point I was making is that we'll be drafting a second RB sometime on the upper middle rounds of the draft next year, and we'll be using him, along with at least one of Lewis and Hardesty in a RB committee. We've then gone from:
Richardson, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 3rd round pick
to
3rd round RB, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 1st round pick.
The third rounder just needs to be a serviceable, 3.5-4YPC guy, and the 1st rounder then (hopefully) becomes a top WR or something.
I hope that's clearer

-
Wait a minute you want to depend on Hardesty who has a major injury ever year and Lewis a 5'7" 190 guy who well already fell apart in the 2nd pre season game as you main running backs? GENIUS
No, that's not what I said, GENIUS

First, Hardesty is probably gone, Lewis isn't exactly injury prone, he broke his leg. That's not like a knee ligament like RG3 or someone, it heals up and you move on. He's young enough that he won't even notice it. Second, the point I was making is that we'll be drafting a second RB sometime on the upper middle rounds of the draft next year, and we'll be using him, along with at least one of Lewis and Hardesty in a RB committee. We've then gone from:
Richardson, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 3rd round pick
to
3rd round RB, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 1st round pick.
The third rounder just needs to be a serviceable, 3.5-4YPC guy, and the 1st rounder then (hopefully) becomes a top WR or something.
I hope that's clearer

No, that's not what I said, GENIUS

First, Hardesty is probably gone, Lewis isn't exactly injury prone, he broke his leg. That's not like a knee ligament like RG3 or someone, it heals up and you move on. He's young enough that he won't even notice it. Second, the point I was making is that we'll be drafting a second RB sometime on the upper middle rounds of the draft next year, and we'll be using him, along with at least one of Lewis and Hardesty in a RB committee. We've then gone from:
Richardson, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 3rd round pick
to
3rd round RB, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 1st round pick.
The third rounder just needs to be a serviceable, 3.5-4YPC guy, and the 1st rounder then (hopefully) becomes a top WR or something.
I hope that's clearer

Hey man I am sorry I used the word genius ( I was being sarcastic). Moron was more like it.
You still have the same crap running backs in your scenario and another back who has yet to be even drafted.
-
No, that's not what I said, GENIUS

First, Hardesty is probably gone, Lewis isn't exactly injury prone, he broke his leg. That's not like a knee ligament like RG3 or someone, it heals up and you move on. He's young enough that he won't even notice it. Second, the point I was making is that we'll be drafting a second RB sometime on the upper middle rounds of the draft next year, and we'll be using him, along with at least one of Lewis and Hardesty in a RB committee. We've then gone from:
Richardson, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 3rd round pick
to
3rd round RB, Lewis, Hardesty/Other, Plus 1st round pick.
The third rounder just needs to be a serviceable, 3.5-4YPC guy, and the 1st rounder then (hopefully) becomes a top WR or something.
I hope that's clearer

Hey man I am sorry I used the word genius ( I was being sarcastic). Moron was more like it.
You still have the same crap running backs in your scenario and another back who has yet to be even drafted.
Hey man I am sorry I used the word genius ( I was being sarcastic). Moron was more like it.
You still have the same crap running backs in your scenario and another back who has yet to be even drafted.
Yes, thank you for explaining the sarcasm, hadn't picked up on that...
the point is, if the 3rd rounder we get turns out to give us the same production as we've had from Richardson - which, let's be honest, hasn't been all that much - then we're better off. In theory. Of course, it all hinges on having a FO who can draft talented players; have as much confidence in that as you want.
-
Because Willis mcgahee still has a little gas left, he's a workhorse, and if he gets killed out there, so what? He has no real future. Frankly If the colts are smarter they sign him and don't give up their first rounder.
Maybe he was on the street for a reason.
Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.
There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.
What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.
This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.
Maybe he was on the street for a reason.
Christ, the Steelers have the fan sitting in row d seat 2 running the ball for them at there next game and they didnt bother to pick him up.
There is no logical reason to sign this guy. We aren't on a playoff run, we don't need to squeeze the last ounce of football out of a vet to get over the hump to win it all.
What I'm getting at, is if these guys are serious about rebuilding why waste time with Willis He'll I would feel 100X better about these chumps if they brought Beanie Wells in. At least if he plays hard he could be around for a few years and help out, he'd be rent to own.
This shit bugs me because these are the guys that are suppose to realize this kind stuff and we are suppose to believe they can rebuild the team through the draft? What good is a ton of draft picks if the morons pulling the strings don't know what they are doing.
Calm down man. They signed him to a one-year deal b/c we only have 1 RB on our roster. Our FO already poached other squads for 2 decent RBs in Rainey and Johnson, but it could do more damage than good to throw those guys to the wolves when they're both rookies. Coach them up, get them a few reps over the course of the year, and keep the tread nice... Signing McGahee does NO damage long-term, but actually helps short-term and long-term by keeping the rookies on out of harms way until they are ready...
-
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting.
It is game 3 and he is starting. Seeing how we picked him up late, I am not sure he could have been on a faster pace.
It's evident Hoyer has overtaken Campbell, so that means he has made up ground on Weeden as well. Let's say Weeden didn't get hurt and the team kept losing....at what point would the staff start to look in a different direction if for no other reason than to skake things up?
Personally I didn't think Weeden was playing all that poorly, but as we both know, winning games means a lot and fair or unfair, a large burden of that falls on the QB.
My hope is Hoyer takes his shot and plays like a wildman, is our QB of the future and we don't need to spend any of our future picks on a QB other than maybe a 5th round project guy to groom as Hoyers back-up.
Go Hoyer!
As far as McGahee.....he brings a veteran mentality to a position where we don't have any veteran leadership unless you want to count on Ogie....I don't.
No doubt, it's a 1 season marriage. I don't see any negatives in bringing him to the fold.
It is game 3 and he is starting. Seeing how we picked him up late, I am not sure he could have been on a faster pace.
It's evident Hoyer has overtaken Campbell, so that means he has made up ground on Weeden as well. Let's say Weeden didn't get hurt and the team kept losing....at what point would the staff start to look in a different direction if for no other reason than to skake things up?
Personally I didn't think Weeden was playing all that poorly, but as we both know, winning games means a lot and fair or unfair, a large burden of that falls on the QB.
My hope is Hoyer takes his shot and plays like a wildman, is our QB of the future and we don't need to spend any of our future picks on a QB other than maybe a 5th round project guy to groom as Hoyers back-up.
Go Hoyer!
As far as McGahee.....he brings a veteran mentality to a position where we don't have any veteran leadership unless you want to count on Ogie....I don't.
No doubt, it's a 1 season marriage. I don't see any negatives in bringing him to the fold.
Hoyer is Kelly Holcomb with less arm strength. Not sure why so many people believe that Hoyer is going to come out and light up the NFL, because he was Bradys back up for 3 yrs? The guy did absolutely nothing in college and has done nothing in the pros! If you watch the footage on NFL.com of the games he has played in you can see for yourself that his arm just isn't fit for this offense. So he's smart right? So was Ken Dorsey and Trent Dilfer where'd that get them with the Browns? Seriously you guys that think Hoyer is gonna play better than Jason Campbell has already played in his career are abosolutley crazy and need to put down the crack pipe. I'd bet my pay check that this move is being forced by Dumbtardi because he, Bellyache and Hoyer are all butt buddies. Why else would Campbell be # 2 on the depth chart and get leap frogged to start the game?
When Hoyer plays a mediocre brand of football in the next few games then maybe you'll realize he sucks! He's also shown a propensity to throw alot of Int's in the few regular season and preseason games he's played in. Campbell however is the latter throwing 76 TD's to 52 Ints in his 7 yr career. Neither of these guys is the long term answer but Campbell fits this offensive scheme much better and throws a great deep ball to keep defenses honest.
-
I love the Hoyer move and the Richardson trade. I was ready to stop tuning in on Sunday to see worthless bums like Weeden throw to worthless bums like little and watch "dancin' Trent" get nowhere. Now ill be glued to my seat Sunday. Maybe they'll still stink. Who knows? What I do know is they couldn't stink any worse than the last two weeks.
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting. The Patriots, Cardinals and Steelers all let him walk. Is there something in this hidden Jewel Dumbtardi sees that 3 other teams have missed, up close and personal?
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
So if you're so cocksure of your drafting acumen, you shouldn't just stop at Richardson- dump the whole damn team- Thomas, Haden - the whole ball of wax- why go half-ass if you're in a rebuilding mode. That's 4 first round picks, not 2.
Nope as far as right now is concerned, we've hit rock bottom, and started to dig.
If Hoyer was better than Weeden, he would already be starting. The Patriots, Cardinals and Steelers all let him walk. Is there something in this hidden Jewel Dumbtardi sees that 3 other teams have missed, up close and personal?
Richardson was over rated, but you want to tell me Willis Freaking McGahee is better right now? I agree with one of the other posters- Beanie Wells is out there on the street, waiting for a phone call.
So if you're so cocksure of your drafting acumen, you shouldn't just stop at Richardson- dump the whole damn team- Thomas, Haden - the whole ball of wax- why go half-ass if you're in a rebuilding mode. That's 4 first round picks, not 2.
Nope as far as right now is concerned, we've hit rock bottom, and started to dig.
The only shred of hope I have left is that there's been a few examples of guys who have bounced around the league and wound up being viable starters. I mean honestly, this storyline would be perfect for that new Kevin Costner movie about the Browns. Think about it man:
A beaten down, seemingly bad team trades its star running back and benches their QB. Here comes a 3rd string, unknown guy that several teams deemed not good enough. A local kid who loves the Browns and always dreamed of taking them to a championship. The first half starts out rough, then it clicks. Cue 8 months later and Hoyer is holding the Lombardi and climbing the stands to kiss the girl he's had an on and off relationship with.
It's all there.
-
They're not looking to keep him past the point Dion lewis gets back. Like I said if he gets blown up who cares?
By the way this old washed up bum had a substantially better ypc average than the mighty Richardson.
Again...
Awesome if the guy comes in and throws up 7 100 yard games.... He aint coming back next year.
Who gives a shit about TRich? That's yesterday's news. For the record, i couldnt care less that TRich is gone, and they want to build. whatever, just do what they say they wanna do.
The fact of the matter is, the cupboard is empty at the running back position. Hardesty is gone, not coming back. TRich gone. Chris Obie is a 3rd String fill in at best. Lewis hasn't played a recordable down in a game for us and snapped his leg. He's on IR. Season Ending if I remember correctly. Cool if he comes in as the number one back. Then what?
This season would be the perfect time to find another back to add to the roster. Willis has about 12 games left and he's done. I honestly doubt he make it 10 games carrying the full load.
Rainey needs the ball and he doesnt need a 32 year old talking carries away from him. Bring back the kid they picked up from Houston and run it....
I guess am not seeing how your all in with the TRich trade and cool with building through the draft but signing a 32 year old throw away when they need to find depth for the future is the right choice here.
This season would be the perfect time to find another back to add to the roster. Willis has about 12 games left and he's done. I honestly doubt he make it 10 games carrying the full load.
Rainey needs the ball and he doesnt need a 32 year old talking carries away from him. Bring back the kid they picked up from Houston and run it....
Were already underutilizing Rainey? LMAO...
McGahee will spell Rainey.. be our 3rd down back. It's really not a new concept.
THE OCHO
Not as in Ocho Cinco I hope-o....
And good point on McGahee and Chud having crossed paths before. As much as Willis has bounced around I can't remember hearing anything negative about him, and this would seem to confirm that.
It is game 3 and he is starting. Seeing how we picked him up late, I am not sure he could have been on a faster pace.
It's evident Hoyer has overtaken Campbell, so that means he has made up ground on Weeden as well. Let's say Weeden didn't get hurt and the team kept losing....at what point would the staff start to look in a different direction if for no other reason than to skake things up?
My hope is Hoyer takes his shot and plays like a wildman...
As far as McGahee.....he brings a veteran mentality to a position where we don't have any veteran leadership unless you want to count on Ogie....I don't.
No doubt, it's a 1 season marriage. I don't see any negatives in bringing him to the fold.
Agree with Hoyer learning and overtaking Campbell and therefor gaining on Wheezy. We know Campbell is not a long-term answer... we're pretty sure it aint Wheezy... time to find out about Hoyer.
But last thing we need is for Hoyer to "play like a wildman". With strong D (see below) a game manager at QB is all that is needed. I watched KC last night do just that with Alex Smith and dreamed a little dream...
As for McGahee... if he performs there's no reason to not resign him. We eeked a couple years out of the end of Calvin Hill's career, and his leadership earned him more years in a staff position.
How many years has the team been "building" ? Yet the foundation is never laid, we pop up a few tents, only to fold up at seasons end and start again. The team that I love just confuses the hell out of me......

The "foundation" is on the Defensive side of the ball... I've no doubt the FO both knows this and knows to not fuck it up...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login