Skip to content

What being a fan of the Browns gives you that no other team can offer

The Browns Board
21 16 961
  • I've been a fan for many DECADES. I don't have hope, I gave up hope long ago. I have faith. No proof of existence of any improvement, but the faith that it will happen before I die.

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
    #7

    I hope

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I've been a fan for many DECADES. I don't have hope, I gave up hope long ago. I have faith. No proof of existence of any improvement, but the faith that it will happen before I die.

    I hoped the Warfield trade would bring us the franchise QB that we needed

    I hoped that Cockroft could kick a game winning field goal into the teeth of a Jan lake Erie wind

    I hoped the defense could keep Elway from driving the length of the field

    I hope Bernie could drive us down for one more score

    I hoped that Bellichik was the next Don Shula

    I hoped that Al Lerner was a better owner than Art Modell

    I hoped that Tim Couch would be the next Peyton Manning

    I hoped that Butch could bring some of the magic from Miami or Dallas

    I hoped that Randy would be a little more in touch with todays NFL than his father

    I hoped that Charlie Fry could realize his childhood dreams

    I hoped that Romeo would turn out to be the next Bill Parcells

    I hoped that Braylon would be the next Paul Warfield

    I hoped Holmgren knew what the hell he was doing

    I hoped that Richardson and Weeden would be our Troy and Emmit...or at least our Big Gay Ben and Bettis

    I hoped trucker Jimmy could right this mess and not be the lying thief that the FBI claims he is

    I hoped that Banner couldn't be the greasy weasel he comes off as and Lombardi wouldn't be as clueless as he appears

    I hoped that Hoyer and Rainey wouldn't look like practice squad bums that the...NO FUCK THIS ...I'm all out of HOPE!

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #8

    a bad liver and lung cancer.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #9

    After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

  • After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

    woo hoo!

    i'll drink to that! (every fucking sunday for the next 14 weeks. but why stop there?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

    woo hoo!

    i'll drink to that! (every fucking sunday for the next 14 weeks. but why stop there?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @miktoxic said:

    woo hoo!

    i'll drink to that! (every fucking sunday for the next 14 weeks. but why stop there?

    How much liquor will it take to pass out till April? Damn, sure seems like a lot of Jack. Would drugs be cheaper....lol

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #12

    My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    not my quote, but a good one.....

    "Cleveland is the weapons testing site of failure. The China Lake of futility. Browns fans are the dummies in the impact zone used to measure the shock waves of disappointment."

    and Im still crazy after all these years

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I keep getting chills that we may be tied with the stillers at season end for the number one pick and need to lose. And I can't even come up with a name for that feeling.

  • My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @canton-mike said:

    My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

    i agree and god bless.

    BUT in no way will that give me any reason not to post my displeasure with the 'dumbness' in how this team has been run since '99.

    i've been together with my girlfriend (wife) for 20+ years with a separation in between.

    i'll never stop rooting for the browns BUT a loud-mouthed drunken bitch is another story.

  • After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

    For those that have followed my posts, I go back to the late 50s Glory years, and this run surpasses the suckitude of the Phipps 70s. As I said- we've hit rock bottom, and stated to dig. What other team trades one of their top offensive threats for "future considerations" two games into the season? Yeah but even so, I'll be in front of the TV 1PM Sunday to see if we somehow can avoid a train wreck and pull off a win against the Vikings, unlikely as that may seem.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    How much liquor will it take to pass out till April? Damn, sure seems like a lot of Jack. Would drugs be cheaper....lol

    Or at least- how much liquor will it take to pass out before the end of the game? Our regular crew has already decided- if the Browns are going to suck- we had better make sure the wines and booze don't.

  • My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @canton-mike said:

    My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

    Amen to that...

  • My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @canton-mike said:

    My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

    Mike

    Beautiful.... *sniff sniff*... just beautiful, Mike...

    @fairhooker11 said:

    and Im still crazy after all these years

    sounds about right...

  • djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The fact that some day when they do finally win it all, the party in this town will be like none other!

  • The fact that some day when they do finally win it all, the party in this town will be like none other!

    D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @djdawg2010 said:

    The fact that some day when they do finally win it all, the party in this town will be like none other!

    My fear is that when that finally happens I will be drooling and shitting my diaper in a nursing home.

  • I've been a fan for many DECADES. I don't have hope, I gave up hope long ago. I have faith. No proof of existence of any improvement, but the faith that it will happen before I die.

    C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I've been a fan for many DECADES. I don't have hope, I gave up hope long ago. I have faith. No proof of existence of any improvement, but the faith that it will happen before I die.

    Well said....I could hear Charlton Heston's voice when I read it.