Skip to content

Bring in Tebow!

The Browns Board
22 18 1.2k
  • Listen, I think Tim Tebow is an awful QB, and I don't care what he's like personally or ethically. Seriously, there has been no bigger opponent of Tim Tebow as a starting NFL QB than I.

    However, as long as we're throwing away the season and making baseless, ridiculous decisions anyway, why not at least sell a few seats and jerseys? The one thing that you have to admit about Tebow is that he garners an awful lot of attention for a third-string or no-string player. The Browns can most likely pay him the league minimum, start him at QB for the rest of the season, and make their investment back plus more in jersey sales, ticket sales, media dividends, and what basically amounts to free advertising.

    I can't even take credit for this argument. It was inspired by a guy who wanted the Jags to bring Tebow in for the exact same reasons. It makes perfect sense to me, though. It appears the only thing the Browns are interested in this year is earning a better slot in the draft. So, what do they care if Tebow plays? It's not a money matter, because, like I said, Tebow will probably bring in more than he costs. And it can't be a matter of pride, because, regardless of what the Browns say, the general consensus is that they are intentionally tanking the season anyway. No one is going to respect them any less for bringing Tebow in.

    So, like I said, I don't like Tebow as an NFL QB, and I have always taken the greatest pleasure in seeing him struggle. But, this year, is there really a smarter move? Financially, it is tough to beat. How else do you raise revenue when you've sent everyone the message that your only goal for the year is to obtain a good draft pick?

  • Shut up.

    Zombo

  • If Hoyer stinks it up and Weeden stinks it up again...why the hell not, bring him in.

  • Seppuku is the only honorable option, OP.

  • TROY SMITH!!!

  • However, as long as we're throwing away the season and making baseless, ridiculous decisions anyway, why not at least sell a few seats and jerseys?

    trading an overvalued ,overrated and underachieving running back for a first rounder is far from baseless and ridiculous. to intimate that professional athletes would purposely give up on a season in week 3 is bold talk for a one-eyed fatman. if anything, this weeks trade should light a fire under the team and renew their faith that the FO is dead serious about doing whatever it takes to win football games. the kids understand, now, that they are literally playing for their livelihood. I expect the intensity of play tomorrow to be noticeably increased..

  • Shut up.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Shut up.

    Zombo

    +1

  • I'm in.

    WSS

  • I actually agree. Tebow would be awesome for the season. Something to entertain us while we get thrashes for 16 more weeks. PLUS WE'D FINALLY GET COVERAGE ON ESPN.

  • While we're at it, let's pick up Hillis - he was released today by Tampa.

  • while tanking the season, let's bring in satan.

    sucking for satan. he can't be any worse than a lame armed evangelist from the south.

    shit. he prob has a bunch of blondes and coke to party with.

    SUCK FOR SATAN!!

  • I would bring him in. He would do well in Cleveland. A Cleveland type of player. The fans would love him, and he might actually help win us some games.

  • Agree Peen. We could use the inspiration he would give the young players who are straying from the path. He can run and it would be funny listening to all the haters.

  • Tebow is a threat to run.

    I believe the man you're looking for is named Curtis Painter.

  • all the haters meaning non-christians that don't belive in packing guns and ammo.

    yeah let's bring in the messiah. i'd love to see him get carried off on a stretcher after getting crushed behind the line 20 times a game like couch did..

    he'd then get flown into zimbabwe and teach the kids from his wheelchair that if they don't bekleve in HIS god they wil all burn in hell.

    great motivation for kids that have no hope to begin with.

    yea religion!!!

    let's start another war in god's name!!

  • Bring in a QB that can't throw a football?

    smh

  • Bring in a QB that can't throw a football?

    smh

    @choco said:

    Bring in a QB that can't throw a football?

    smh

    Not as if we've never done that before...

    WSS

  • Sigh....

    Your opinion of these supposed "other guys" that can't throw is irrelevant. Name them....

    Tebow literally cannot throw a football. Jacksonville doesn't even want him. And even god is sick of having to conduct miracles every game for tebow.

  • Shut up.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Shut up.

    Zombo

    What he said...

  • NO!