Skip to content

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

The Browns Board
992 69 28.1k
  • Yep the future is bright.

    Jared Abberderis is the best wide reciever in college.

    Blake Bortles game winning throw was amazing....maybe the best game winning catch I've ever seen.

    Michigan blows and all their players want out lol.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Jared Abberderis is the best wide reciever in college.

    Been on his bandwagon for a while now. He certainly was the best 3rd round prospect in the draft, but the secret is out on Jered now. Not sure how high he will rise.

  • Bortles had another solid day.

    27/38 404 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

    I'll take this love affair to the grave. I think he'll have a better NFL career than many of the top QB's in this draft.

  • Bortles had another solid day.

    27/38 404 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

    I'll take this love affair to the grave. I think he'll have a better NFL career than many of the top QB's in this draft.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Bortles had another solid day.

    27/38 404 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

    I'll take this love affair to the grave. I think he'll have a better NFL career than many of the top QB's in this draft.

    who?

  • Bryce Petty is likely going to be the steal of the draft. He's like Mariota, but with the tradeoff of rushing ability for pocket presence and passing skills.

  • That's why I put Bryce Petty in my draft mock, dumb as it is at this point.

    I honestly think he may be the only qb in this draft that I would trade up for...

    he's elite in qb smarts, and is mobile, and really, really accurate.

  • I don't think many people are expecting Petty to enter this year's draft... but, you never know. He has been the best college QB this season and if he declares, his name will fire up draft boards...

    Blake Bortles is the QB for UCF. He's 6'4" 240lbs. Really having a great season and is starting to turn some heads. The game against Louisville where he lead his team to 38 points against the now #1 ranked scoring defense was impressive. He is a junior and not many are expecting him to declare this year, but again you never know.

  • There are a lot of underclassmen who will need to decide if they're coming out, or staying back another year:

    Bryce Petty - BAY

    Johnny Manziel - TA&M - pretty clear he'll be declaring

    Teddy Twatwater - LSU - no brainer

    Marcus Mariota - ORE

    Blake Bortles - UCF

    Brett Hundley - UCLA

    Kevin Hogan - Stan

    The seniors are:

    Derek Carr - FresSt

    Tajh Boyd - CLEM

    Zach Mettenberger - LSU

    AJ McCarron - ALA

    Aaron Murray - UGA

    Stephen Morris - MIA

  • I don't think many people are expecting Petty to enter this year's draft... but, you never know. He has been the best college QB this season and if he declares, his name will fire up draft boards...

    Blake Bortles is the QB for UCF. He's 6'4" 240lbs. Really having a great season and is starting to turn some heads. The game against Louisville where he lead his team to 38 points against the now #1 ranked scoring defense was impressive. He is a junior and not many are expecting him to declare this year, but again you never know.

    @thenew23 said:

    I don't think many people are expecting Petty to enter this year's draft... but, you never know. He has been the best college QB this season and if he declares, his name will fire up draft boards...

    Blake Bortles is the QB for UCF. He's 6'4" 240lbs. Really having a great season and is starting to turn some heads. The game against Louisville where he lead his team to 38 points against the now #1 ranked scoring defense was impressive. He is a junior and not many are expecting him to declare this year, but again you never know.

    hey you gotta make your money when you can, especially considering the injury threat and blowing all chances of being a first rounder.

    actually saw clowney make some plays today. i guess his agent said you better show something.

  • I like Petty a lot... just wish I'd seen more of him.

  • As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

  • As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

    @tour2ma said:

    As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

    He's lost a lot of the momentum he had built up with some shaky games. I watched a game of his a couple weeks ago and he never really impressed me.
  • @tour2ma said:

    As many decent seniors as there are in the draft, I'd think many of the underclassmen will stay in school...

    Watched David Fales (Sr. @ SJST) warm up last nite and then his first two series. First I'd seen of him and I was kinda intrigued by what I saw, but too tired (and disinterested in the game) to stay up.

    He's lost a lot of the momentum he had built up with some shaky games. I watched a game of his a couple weeks ago and he never really impressed me.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    He's lost a lot of the momentum he had built up with some shaky games. I watched a game of his a couple weeks ago and he never really impressed me.

    Mechanics looked strong... although they seemed tighter in warm up than in the series (reached back further in the game).

  • Fales has a light-ish arm. I bet he goes in the fifth, makes a team as a backup.

    The more I think about it, the less I think there's anything Campbell can do to stop the Browns from taking their long-term guy very early, assuming they dig someone. I just don't think the Browns intend to have this many picks or win fewer games for quite some time and it's a really nice QB draft with five guys or so worth taking in the first round.

    Could Campbell start for two more years? Sure. He'd be all of 33 in 2015 on a team likely to be loaded with talent. And Johnny Manziel or Brett Hundley would be 23. I think if we draft Carr at 10 or something (in a trade up), he's gonna start sooner than either of those two youngsters.

  • RG3 is not the answer in Washington.

    We may have killed Walrus for not pulling the trigger.. but he was correct to not get RG3.

    Washington is just above Cleveland in offensive QB rating over at ColdHardFootball. They're better in realQB rating bc of RG3's rushing.

    Washington is #2 in rushing, just below AP.. but their passing is essentially no different from Cleveland this year.

    So... all those picks sent to StL and washington is getting THE SAME passing performance from the QB position as Cleveland this year.

  • RG3 is not the answer in Washington.

    We may have killed Walrus for not pulling the trigger.. but he was correct to not get RG3.

    Washington is just above Cleveland in offensive QB rating over at ColdHardFootball. They're better in realQB rating bc of RG3's rushing.

    Washington is #2 in rushing, just below AP.. but their passing is essentially no different from Cleveland this year.

    So... all those picks sent to StL and washington is getting THE SAME passing performance from the QB position as Cleveland this year.

    @unsympathetic said:

    RG3 is not the answer in Washington.

    We may have killed Walrus for not pulling the trigger.. but he was correct to not get RG3.

    Washington is just above Cleveland in offensive QB rating over at ColdHardFootball. They're better in realQB rating bc of RG3's rushing.

    Washington is #2 in rushing, just below AP.. but their passing is essentially no different from Cleveland this year.

    So... all those picks sent to StL and washington is getting THE SAME passing performance from the QB position as Cleveland this year.

    the walrus tried his damnest to get RG3 and there's no doubt in my mind that if we had him with this coaching staff wed be way better off....
  • @unsympathetic said:

    RG3 is not the answer in Washington.

    We may have killed Walrus for not pulling the trigger.. but he was correct to not get RG3.

    Washington is just above Cleveland in offensive QB rating over at ColdHardFootball. They're better in realQB rating bc of RG3's rushing.

    Washington is #2 in rushing, just below AP.. but their passing is essentially no different from Cleveland this year.

    So... all those picks sent to StL and washington is getting THE SAME passing performance from the QB position as Cleveland this year.

    the walrus tried his damnest to get RG3 and there's no doubt in my mind that if we had him with this coaching staff wed be way better off....

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    the walrus tried his damnest to get RG3 and there's no doubt in my mind that if we had him with this coaching staff wed be way better off....

    you watching him play today?

    the guy looks like a piece of shit. the redskins are kicking themselves in the ass right now for picking him. no more confidence and is a total diva.

  • Watching this game, no doubt we need to get our QB in the off-season...

  • Watching this game, no doubt we need to get our QB in the off-season...

    @thenew23 said:

    Watching this game, no doubt we need to get our QB in the off-season...

    maybe the redskins will trade RG3 straight up for weeden?

    HA!

  • Anyone convinced by Jordan Lynch, dual-threat star QB for NIU?

  • The Browns might draft two guys at QB. It's possible. I could see one in the top 10, another in round 5-ish.

    Campbell looked so shitty yesterday, so much like I've seen him play before, I just pray it was the ribs and not a return to who he really is. But something tells me the Ravens game was Fool's Gold.