Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!
-
Carr is who we thought he was. A guy who possesses many physical tools but lacks the mental agility to be a solid quarterback at this point in time. His offensive system was a detriment to his NFL growth. Once the system is taken away or they play "superior" talent (USC is hardly superior), he falls apart.
-
BUT ISN'T THAT WHAT THE FO WILL BE LOOKING FOR? I GUY THAT'S GREAT ON PAPER?
-
Carr definitely didn't look too good against real competition. It wasn't just him, his team was purely outmatched. No run game, and he threw 53 passes. Still has the physical tools, but did not look great against stout pressure. Still looks like a 1st rounder, just maybe not top 10 material...
-
Moving right along...
If you are right, why isn't Hoyer leading us to victory right now? Oh... that's right.. he got hurt. As did Campbell... As did Wheezy.
We had really good QB play. It.... Got.... Hurt.... Twice!
We don't need to "superstar OL" our way to a SB... but it would sure be nice to have an OL that can keep our eventual star QB healthy all the way to one.
Some teams are bound to try to salvage him as a back up for a few more years, so you can ween yourself off of him.
Good idea... Will be reviewing and discussing bowl performances though...
Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.
Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.
Campbell's injuries are legitimately blamed on OL play,
But we honestly can't superstar our way to the SB. Once again, Denver's patchwork line is one of the best in the NFL at the moment.
Do we need a better OL? Yes. We could stand to pick up a solid RT, move Schwartz inside and pick up another solid G. But we don't need to invest high picks in that. The highest pick maybe being a second rounder and that's a big maybe.
Regardless of what we do on the line, we need to address QB first and foreskin.
Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.
Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.
Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter
Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.
-
Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.
Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.
Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter
Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.
Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter
Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.
Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.
The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
you know how I know you're gay?
Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?
I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
you know how I know you're gay?
Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?
I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!
Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?
I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!
Sounded reasonable to me too. There's no, ah, toe nail polish involved at this spa is there?
WSS
-
sounds like a happy ending to me.
-
Not a shocker...
So who's our next savior?
TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.
Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.
-
So its one of those kind of massages.
-
Not a shocker...
So who's our next savior?
TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.
Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.
Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.
very very intelligent post my friend.
-
XxDaBuckeyexX said:
you know how I know you're gay?
Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?
I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!
nah, still kinda gay. Bonus points for paying WOMEN to rub you instead of men though.Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?
I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!
-
Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter
Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.
Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.
The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.
Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.
The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.
You don't think the concussion claim would actually fool anyone, do you? So now we have to try to move a once concussed by a modest hit QB who cannot read a defense.
And actually Hoyer is flushed at between 2 and 3 seconds.
And even Campbell's main injury was on a run, right? When Ngata "fell" on him?
That was the rib injury... But why was he running?
IIRC the concussion was a pocket hit.
I'd buy that... but it could be Schwartz. As a guard he'd be considered athletic. As a tackle, I think he's only so-so.
Jesus... now OG's don't even have to be atheletes....
Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.
Agree except for that Bridgewater bit and Sammy won't last long enough to trade down.
Today's game showed that we need ILB help.
-
-
-
Mangina may have tucked but Shurmur has a full blown vagina.... packed with sand
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login