Skip to content

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

The Browns Board
992 69 28.1k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Moving right along...

    If you are right, why isn't Hoyer leading us to victory right now? Oh... that's right.. he got hurt. As did Campbell... As did Wheezy.

    We had really good QB play. It.... Got.... Hurt.... Twice!

    We don't need to "superstar OL" our way to a SB... but it would sure be nice to have an OL that can keep our eventual star QB healthy all the way to one.

    Some teams are bound to try to salvage him as a back up for a few more years, so you can ween yourself off of him.

    Good idea... Will be reviewing and discussing bowl performances though...

    Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.

    Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.

    Campbell's injuries are legitimately blamed on OL play,

    But we honestly can't superstar our way to the SB. Once again, Denver's patchwork line is one of the best in the NFL at the moment.

    Do we need a better OL? Yes. We could stand to pick up a solid RT, move Schwartz inside and pick up another solid G. But we don't need to invest high picks in that. The highest pick maybe being a second rounder and that's a big maybe.

    Regardless of what we do on the line, we need to address QB first and foreskin.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.

    Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.

    Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter

    Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Hoyer got hurt on a roll out on the sideline, hit by an ILB that I believe was in coverage, but I'm not going to look that up to see if it's true. Hardly the line's fault. You can blame the QB coach for not teaching him how to slide.

    Weeden was never really hurt. It was all a ruse to protect whatever trade value he has.

    Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter

    Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter

    Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.

    Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.

    The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.

  • @shep said:

    Hard to be pissed about going to Ojai Valley Inn to get massaged, but I'll be in the car headed that way at kickoff. Might catch 30 minutes or so before spa time.

    you know how I know you're gay?
    S Shep wrote on last edited by

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    you know how I know you're gay?

    Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

    I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    you know how I know you're gay?

    Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

    I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @shep said:

    Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

    I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!

    Sounded reasonable to me too. There's no, ah, toe nail polish involved at this spa is there?

    WSS

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    sounds like a happy ending to me.

  • @thenew23 said:

    Carr definitely didn't look too good against real competition.

    Not a shocker...

    So who's our next savior?

    TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a shocker...

    So who's our next savior?

    TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

    Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by

    So its one of those kind of massages.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not a shocker...

    So who's our next savior?

    TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

    Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @osiris said:

    Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.

    very very intelligent post my friend.

  • Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    Are yaall that sure that Hoyer is a long term solution? I'd rather take a QB early since were in the position to do so, and hopefully won't be in this position for a long time.

  • XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    you know how I know you're gay?

    Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

    I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @shep said:

    Because I love being massaged by women before getting stoned and doing things we find tough to do at home with too many grown-ish kids and their mates running around?

    I just checked the dictionary: Turns out it's the OPPOSITE of gay!!

    nah, still kinda gay. Bonus points for paying WOMEN to rub you instead of men though.
  • @tour2ma said:

    Hoyer's injury was not a designed roll-out.... he was scrambling after being flushed from the pocket... While good coverage played a roll, the protection broke down and he had to run.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000255122/Hoyer-injured-in-first-quarter

    Weeden was concussed... not sure how having that on his resume enhances his value.

    Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.

    The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Because they can claim he was benched because of injury, not because of his terrible play.

    The protection broke down because nobody was open. He was in the pocket for at least 4 seconds before rolling out.

    You don't think the concussion claim would actually fool anyone, do you? So now we have to try to move a once concussed by a modest hit QB who cannot read a defense.

    And actually Hoyer is flushed at between 2 and 3 seconds.

    @shep said:

    And even Campbell's main injury was on a run, right? When Ngata "fell" on him?

    That was the rib injury... But why was he running?

    IIRC the concussion was a pocket hit.

    @shep said:

    I'd buy that... but it could be Schwartz. As a guard he'd be considered athletic. As a tackle, I think he's only so-so.

    Jesus... now OG's don't even have to be atheletes....

    @osiris said:

    Please not Carr. At this point I'd like to see the Browns take a third rounder for QB and start Hoyer in 2014. The only QB I like in the 1st round is Bridgewater and they won't get him. If we still need a QB in 2015, the selection sounds like it will be much better than this year. I'd like to see them trade their first pick down a few slots, pick up Watkins, then best available ILB and OG with the next two picks, then a QB and RB with the two third round picks.

    Agree except for that Bridgewater bit and Sammy won't last long enough to trade down.

    Today's game showed that we need ILB help.

  • @thenew23 said:

    Carr definitely didn't look too good against real competition.

    Not a shocker...

    So who's our next savior?

    TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Not a shocker...

    So who's our next savior?

    TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

    Bridgewater/Hundley/Bortles/Carr/Boyd/Mccarron I really dont care. Draft all of 'em. U throw enough sh** at the wall something's got to stick, right?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not a shocker...

    So who's our next savior?

    TCPO... Walter's new mock has Bortles going at #4 to Oakland... then us taking Carr at #5.

    Bridgewater/Hundley/Bortles/Carr/Boyd/Mccarron I really dont care. Draft all of 'em. U throw enough sh** at the wall something's got to stick, right?

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @thenew23 said:

    Bridgewater/Hundley/Bortles/Carr/Boyd/Mccarron I really dont care. Draft all of 'em. U throw enough sh** at the wall something's got to stick, right?

    yezzir.

    just don't trade away anything to get one of them though.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by

    Mangina may have tucked but Shurmur has a full blown vagina.... packed with sand