Brian Hoyer
-
Clay Pigeons?
Clay Pigeons?
No, that was Weeden & Sports Science.
-
Cam made some nice catches for scores today. It wasn't all Gordon. Those were nice throws into the end zone. Weeden has no real touch on those throws and would make me nuts when he threw 2 of em away and then we kick a FG. I like Hoyer's TDs better.
Cam made some nice catches for scores today. It wasn't all Gordon. Those were nice throws into the end zone. Weeden has no real touch on those throws and would make me nuts when he threw 2 of em away and then we kick a FG. I like Hoyer's TDs better.
Uh, Weeden/Cameron have already been a nice duo. It is all Gordon. Without him, Hoyer is a loser today. You just don't want to admit the QB just doesn't matter that much when 2 units(OL/WR) struggle so bad.
-
Relax pal.
Weeden will sit for the rest of the year. Because Chud is no idiot.
Nope, he was just telling you reailty. Weeden will be back out there if they don't trade/cut him.
Nope, he was just telling you reailty. Weeden will be back out there if they don't trade/cut him.
It's obvious Weeden would have done better with Gordon out there, but we've already see him with Gordon, this is probably Hoyer's first NFL start (correct me if I'm wrong, but at least we know it's definitely his first start with the Browns).
Just wait until Hoyer gains even more of a rapport with the current receivers and see what happens. Wins baby that's what
-
i say Weeden hope for a spring training invite by Houston Astros,,,,
and work on his change up.....
-
Cam made some nice catches for scores today. It wasn't all Gordon. Those were nice throws into the end zone. Weeden has no real touch on those throws and would make me nuts when he threw 2 of em away and then we kick a FG. I like Hoyer's TDs better.
Uh, Weeden/Cameron have already been a nice duo. It is all Gordon. Without him, Hoyer is a loser today. You just don't want to admit the QB just doesn't matter that much when 2 units(OL/WR) struggle so bad.
Uh, Weeden/Cameron have already been a nice duo. It is all Gordon. Without him, Hoyer is a loser today. You just don't want to admit the QB just doesn't matter that much when 2 units(OL/WR) struggle so bad.
Weedon can't make the throws that Hoyer did today for TDs. If weed and Cam are such a good combo...where arte the TDs? They were in the red zone enough.
-
i say Weeden hope for a spring training invite by Houston Astros,,,,
and work on his change up.....
i say Weeden hope for a spring training invite by Houston Astros
and work on his change up.....
They can have him
-
Uh, Weeden already made that throw for a TD against the Dolphins. Your trying way to hard man. We will find the "truth" against the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoyer isn't taken down at halftime if Weeden can go(which he may not be able to yet) or even Campbell.
-
Uh, Weeden already made that throw for a TD against the Dolphins. Your trying way to hard man. We will find the "truth" against the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoyer isn't taken down at halftime if Weeden can go(which he may not be able to yet) or even Campbell.
Uh, Weeden already made that throw for a TD against the Dolphins. Your trying way to hard man. We will find the "truth" against the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoyer isn't taken down at halftime if Weeden can go(which he may not be able to yet) or even Campbell.
I bet you root for the stillers tonight!
-
Nah I don't think its moot at all. Weeden is a bum. That is all.
nope. Hoyer with a 62 QB rating today..............goes beyond the QB.
-
. Doesnt matter what COULD have been. What DID happen is Brian Hoyer led the browns to a win that almost no one predicted. Sorry your vagina is sandy but Weeden is done. Done.
I even thought the plays came out of the huddle a lot crisper today too. How many delay of game penaltys? Them goddam things take years off my life!
-
Uh, Weeden already made that throw for a TD against the Dolphins. Your trying way to hard man. We will find the "truth" against the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoyer isn't taken down at halftime if Weeden can go(which he may not be able to yet) or even Campbell.
Uh, Weeden already made that throw for a TD against the Dolphins. Your trying way to hard man. We will find the "truth" against the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoyer isn't taken down at halftime if Weeden can go(which he may not be able to yet) or even Campbell.
You know what I saw? a guy with a noodle arm that has 10X the football smarts than rocket arm Weeden. Weedster would have taken at least 5 more unnecessary sacks today. Gordon's back? the TDs were generally to someone else. OK it was "only" the Vikings but a win is a win- so STFU. Weedsters 4th quarter comebacks? I believe zero, and counting. Can we beat the Bungles? Doubtful- but at least this was a damn entertaining game for a change.
I haven't forgotten that rocket overthrow to Obi last week- at least Hoyer happens to know how to throw a touch pass, and hit his receivers in stride- something Brandon has yet to master- and probably never will. Should I mention- Hoyer had a couple of stellar blitz pickup reads- while Mr. Rocket arm would be scratching his ass taking 10 seconds too long to figure out what to do- and take a sack.
-
Uh, Weeden already made that throw for a TD against the Dolphins. Your trying way to hard man. We will find the "truth" against the Bengals. Wouldn't be surprised if Hoyer isn't taken down at halftime if Weeden can go(which he may not be able to yet) or even Campbell.
You know what I saw? a guy with a noodle arm that has 10X the football smarts than rocket arm Weeden. Weedster would have taken at least 5 more unnecessary sacks today. Gordon's back? the TDs were generally to someone else. OK it was "only" the Vikings but a win is a win- so STFU. Weedsters 4th quarter comebacks? I believe zero, and counting. Can we beat the Bungles? Doubtful- but at least this was a damn entertaining game for a change.
I haven't forgotten that rocket overthrow to Obi last week- at least Hoyer happens to know how to throw a touch pass, and hit his receivers in stride- something Brandon has yet to master- and probably never will. Should I mention- Hoyer had a couple of stellar blitz pickup reads- while Mr. Rocket arm would be scratching his ass taking 10 seconds too long to figure out what to do- and take a sack.
You know what I saw? a guy with a noodle arm that has 10X the football smarts than rocket arm Weeden. Weedster would have taken at least 5 more unnecessary sacks today. Gordon's back? the TDs were generally to someone else. OK it was "only" the Vikings but a win is a win- so STFU. Weedsters 4th quarter comebacks? I believe zero, and counting.
I haven't forgotten that rocket overthrow to Obi last week- at least Hoyer happens to know how to throw a touch pass, and hit his receivers in stride- something Brandon has yet to master- and probably never will. Should I mention- Hoyer had a couple of stellar blitz pickup reads- while Mr. Rocket arm would be scratching his ass taking 10 seconds too long to figure out what to do- and take a sack.
Please mention all the confusion and delay of game shit that weed brought with him
-
You all can bust on Onkyo all you want but he does makes some valid points. No one can intelligently debate whether or not Weeden would have been better of with Gordon. There is no doubt he would be. Being able to start Gordon and Bess and NOT having to rely on Little and Benjamin was a great boost for Hoyer today.
I like Weeden I really do, and I think you will never know how good he could become without improving the right side of the line (ie bench Cousins as soon as we can) and having Gordon in the game.Having said that, I thought Hoyer looked composed in the pocket. He seems to read the field quickly and find the easy target. I would like to see him in another start. Let's see if he can cut the picks and replicate the rest of the performance. At the end of the day I don't care who is chucking the rock if we win.
-
Gotta make this clear: Brian Hoyer has never, ever had a noodle arm. He has an above average NFL arm. That's why both Sobo and Alo were high on the Browns interest in him a couple years ago (I think when they signed Delhomme). He has a very credible NFL arm and makes all the throws.
The misses today were mostly mistakes... and let's remember it was his second start, first in this offense. He made a lot of very serious location throws, incredible accuracy, that we'll just never see from Weeden. He makes quick decisions, he has pretty damn good wheels to get out of trouble, and he has very good passing skills (quick release, plenty of arm, great accuracy).
I'm really curious to see what happens as he gets all the reps and his timing with the receivers improves. Lauvao returns next week so that should help, too. I feel pretty certain the Browns will stick with Hoyer because Weeden is basically done in Cleveland. At least Hoyer has a decent shot of being on the team next year, at the very least.
And Cameron looks like a Pro Bowler.
-
Gotta make this clear: Brian Hoyer has never, ever had a noodle arm. He has an above average NFL arm. That's why both Sobo and Alo were high on the Browns interest in him a couple years ago (I think when they signed Delhomme). He has a very credible NFL arm and makes all the throws.
The misses today were mostly mistakes... and let's remember it was his second start, first in this offense. He made a lot of very serious location throws, incredible accuracy, that we'll just never see from Weeden. He makes quick decisions, he has pretty damn good wheels to get out of trouble, and he has very good passing skills (quick release, plenty of arm, great accuracy).
I'm really curious to see what happens as he gets all the reps and his timing with the receivers improves. Lauvao returns next week so that should help, too. I feel pretty certain the Browns will stick with Hoyer because Weeden is basically done in Cleveland. At least Hoyer has a decent shot of being on the team next year, at the very least.
And Cameron looks like a Pro Bowler.
Gotta make this clear: Brian Hoyer has never, ever had a noodle arm. He has an above average NFL arm. That's why both Sobo and Alo were high on the Browns interest in him a couple years ago (I think when they signed Delhomme). He has a very credible NFL arm and makes all the throws.
The misses today were mostly mistakes... and let's remember it was his second start, first in this offense. He made a lot of very serious location throws, incredible accuracy, that we'll just never see from Weeden. He makes quick decisions, he has pretty damn good wheels to get out of trouble, and he has very good passing skills (quick release, plenty of arm, great accuracy).
I'm really curious to see what happens as he gets all the reps and his timing with the receivers improves. Lauvao returns next week so that should help, too. I feel pretty certain the Browns will stick with Hoyer because Weeden is basically done in Cleveland. At least Hoyer has a decent shot of being on the team next year, at the very least.
And Cameron looks like a Pro Bowler.
All that and no delay penalties either.
-
Colt McCoy had a noodle arm. Hoyer has WAY more arm than that. He's not Weeden... but he's right there in the middle among NFL starters. There are like 8 or 9 guys with plus arms, only a couple with light arms now (shit, most of those are gone), and then everybody else.
-
Gotta make this clear: Brian Hoyer has never, ever had a noodle arm. He has an above average NFL arm. That's why both Sobo and Alo were high on the Browns interest in him a couple years ago (I think when they signed Delhomme). He has a very credible NFL arm and makes all the throws.
The misses today were mostly mistakes... and let's remember it was his second start, first in this offense. He made a lot of very serious location throws, incredible accuracy, that we'll just never see from Weeden. He makes quick decisions, he has pretty damn good wheels to get out of trouble, and he has very good passing skills (quick release, plenty of arm, great accuracy).
I'm really curious to see what happens as he gets all the reps and his timing with the receivers improves. Lauvao returns next week so that should help, too. I feel pretty certain the Browns will stick with Hoyer because Weeden is basically done in Cleveland. At least Hoyer has a decent shot of being on the team next year, at the very least.
And Cameron looks like a Pro Bowler.
Gotta make this clear: Brian Hoyer has never, ever had a noodle arm. He has an above average NFL arm. That's why both Sobo and Alo were high on the Browns interest in him a couple years ago (I think when they signed Delhomme). He has a very credible NFL arm and makes all the throws.
The misses today were mostly mistakes... and let's remember it was his second start, first in this offense. He made a lot of very serious location throws, incredible accuracy, that we'll just never see from Weeden. He makes quick decisions, he has pretty damn good wheels to get out of trouble, and he has very good passing skills (quick release, plenty of arm, great accuracy).
I'm really curious to see what happens as he gets all the reps and his timing with the receivers improves. Lauvao returns next week so that should help, too. I feel pretty certain the Browns will stick with Hoyer because Weeden is basically done in Cleveland. At least Hoyer has a decent shot of being on the team next year, at the very least.
And Cameron looks like a Pro Bowler.
I think Weeden has improved but I don't know if it's enough.
He's been missing both weapons and protection.
As for next week, right now we don't even know if we'll still have the same Receivers.
-
I think next week you see Hoyer throwing to Gordon, Cameron, and Bess... with Lauvao at right guard. Maybe McGahee shakes off some rust.
I really thought Greg Little was poised for a big year. He worked his ass off. He just can't separate... and he's back to dropping the ball. Bummer. But we're gonna be adding a lot of new faces in the offseason, a couple first round starters in the draft and a few with our 30 mill in cap space. You can count on a QB, WR, RB (Tate), maybe two OL, and a corner. All at the highest level. That's six guys, a couple in the draft and four free agents. We don't need to get any younger.
Skrine REALLY shadows. He still sometimes doesn't make the play but he can cover. He's getting better and better. He'll be a terrific nickel next year when we add a starter opposite Haden.
-
I think next week you see Hoyer throwing to Gordon, Cameron, and Bess... with Lauvao at right guard. Maybe McGahee shakes off some rust.
I really thought Greg Little was poised for a big year. He worked his ass off. He just can't separate... and he's back to dropping the ball. Bummer. But we're gonna be adding a lot of new faces in the offseason, a couple first round starters in the draft and a few with our 30 mill in cap space. You can count on a QB, WR, RB (Tate), maybe two OL, and a corner. All at the highest level. That's six guys, a couple in the draft and four free agents. We don't need to get any younger.
Skrine REALLY shadows. He still sometimes doesn't make the play but he can cover. He's getting better and better. He'll be a terrific nickel next year when we add a starter opposite Haden.
I think next week you see Hoyer throwing to Gordon, Cameron, and Bess... with Lauvao at right guard. Maybe McGahee shakes off some rust.
I really thought Greg Little was poised for a big year. He worked his ass off. He just can't separate... and he's back to dropping the ball. Bummer. But we're gonna be adding a lot of new faces in the offseason, a couple first round starters in the draft and a few with our 30 mill in cap space. You can count on a QB, WR, RB (Tate), maybe two OL, and a corner. All at the highest level. That's six guys, a couple in the draft and four free agents. We don't need to get any younger.
Skrine REALLY shadows. He still sometimes doesn't make the play but he can cover. He's getting better and better. He'll be a terrific nickel next year when we add a starter opposite Haden.
I also thought Little was going to be much improved this year with all the extra work he's put in.
Little is better with Gordon in the mix, he (Little) just can be the #1.
He caught some balls today, and I don't believe he had any drops (maybe a miss/bad pass).
-
I am elated because I got to see what this O might do with a heady QB rather than a thrower playing at being a QB... and I liked what I saw. I saw a QB who knew more about what as going to be available pre-snap than Wheezy ever has post-play. The game winner to Cam was exhibit A. I hope everyone who fell in love with Wheezy's arm was paying attention.
A smart QB can go a long way toward compensating for a deficient arm, but no amount of arm can compensate for a deficient head.
Hoyer's arm is good enough. He zipped several balls today including a couple 10-yd outs and a 15-yd square in. It's good enough to compete in this league ala Brian Sipe.
But the BIG question is, "Is Hoyer the one? The one to take us to the mountain top?" Actually I still doubt it, but we'll see. This week the opposition gets a little stiffer.
If it turns out that he's not the one, then at least we know the task ahead is to find a heady QB with a better arm... and not just another thrower.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login