Brian Hoyer
-
if you don't see weeden play next week with his thumb healed...you know he is gone.
how can you explain starting a 3rd stringer playing over the starter because of injury?
-
Colt McCoy had a noodle arm. Hoyer has WAY more arm than that. He's not Weeden... but he's right there in the middle among NFL starters. There are like 8 or 9 guys with plus arms, only a couple with light arms now (shit, most of those are gone), and then everybody else.
Colt McCoy had a noodle arm. Hoyer has WAY more arm than that. He's not Weeden... but he's right there in the middle among NFL starters. There are like 8 or 9 guys with plus arms, only a couple with light arms now (shit, most of those are gone), and then everybody else.
Shep- I suppose what I'm saying (I just watched with great delight Da Bears doing the Stiller beat down) Hoyer compared to the Pittsburgh Booger does not have that kind of arm- not even close. Not sure he's even in Cutler's class.
Is that good enough for the long haul? Quick reads can make up for an average, or below average arm. We'll find out this coming Sunday when he faces a far better (and luckier) defense.
-
A rocket arm is more of a detriment when you can't control you're velocity like Weeden or Anderson. Firing bullets at dudes 10 yards away tends to create deflections, especially when the passes aren't accurate.
I didn't see any problems with Hoyers arm last game but wasn't looking that closely. His pass to Gordon deep was a tiny bit underthrown, but he threw a fade route like I haven't seen from a Browns QB in I don't know how long.
-
hopefully hoyer and his wife have a healthy beautiful child.
i was impressed, except for the turnovers, of course.
still got us the W.
i fear that now there is tape on him and our effectiveness with him behind center they will double gordon and cameron and shut down his favorite options.
if they beat the bengals with whatever QB starting, it'lll mean something.....BIG.
-
i say Weeden hope for a spring training invite by Houston Astros,,,,
and work on his change up.....
i say Weeden hope for a spring training invite by Houston Astros,,,,
and work on his change up.....
Beautiful!
-
hopefully hoyer and his wife have a healthy beautiful child.
i was impressed, except for the turnovers, of course.
still got us the W.
i fear that now there is tape on him and our effectiveness with him behind center they will double gordon and cameron and shut down his favorite options.
if they beat the bengals with whatever QB starting, it'lll mean something.....BIG.
hopefully hoyer and his wife have a healthy beautiful child.
i was impressed, except for the turnovers, of course.
still got us the W.
i fear that now there is tape on him and our effectiveness with him behind center they will double gordon and cameron and shut down his favorite options.
if they beat the bengals with whatever QB starting, it'lll mean something.....BIG.
Mathematically, though, that leaves someone wide open. It's just up to Hoyer to find him.
Which was, I believe, Weeden's problem.
-
well i, unlike some on the board have no attachment to any player on this team except for thomas, mack, haden, ward, DQ, sheard, cameron and gordon.
IMO everyone else is expendable.
weeden can be the next to go that slow thinkin ginger.
-
A rocket arm is more of a detriment when you can't control you're velocity like Weeden or Anderson. Firing bullets at dudes 10 yards away tends to create deflections, especially when the passes aren't accurate.
I didn't see any problems with Hoyers arm last game but wasn't looking that closely. His pass to Gordon deep was a tiny bit underthrown, but he threw a fade route like I haven't seen from a Browns QB in I don't know how long.
A rocket arm is more of a detriment when you can't control you're velocity like Weeden or Anderson. Firing bullets at dudes 10 yards away tends to create deflections, especially when the passes aren't accurate.
I didn't see any problems with Hoyers arm last game but wasn't looking that closely. His pass to Gordon deep was a tiny bit underthrown, but he threw a fade route like I haven't seen from a Browns QB in I don't know how long.
I just re-watched some of the highlights- and Hoyer is better than my first impression.
I have to give you a BIG ^+1 on that observation- if you don't have a change up to go along with the fastball, you're worthless in the NFL DA is Exhibit 1A in that regard- and Weeden is probably 1B.
OTOH, besides the two ints (one of which was a blind shot if you watched the field level replay) tossing up Foley floaters isn't the recipe for long term success either.
i fear that now there is tape on him and our effectiveness with him behind center they will double gordon and cameron and shut down his favorite options.if they beat the bengals with whatever QB starting, it'lll mean something.....BIG.
I fear the Bungles are on the Lucky Train to the SB. Need a fumble recovery for the winning TD? Done. They do have talent, but as I've always said- "I'd rather be lucky than good."
-
Hoyer had good and bad.
I saw a few throws that were behind the Receivers, but considering he hasn't really played or practiced since Pre-Season (and then with third stringers), I think he did okay.
Should be interesting to see how he improves with extra practice and play if he's given the chance - no telling what our FO and Coaches will do, or if Gordon/Little are even going to be here next week.
Hoyer had good and bad.
I saw a few throws that were behind the Receivers, but considering he hasn't really played or practiced since Pre-Season (and then with third stringers), I think he did okay.
Should be interesting to see how he improves with extra practice and play if he's given the chance - no telling what our FO and Coaches will do, or if Gordon/Little are even going to be here next week.
A few of those along the sideline were thrown there for a reason. It was inside zone coverage and the QB is supposed to put it on the outside shoulder. The receiver has to see the coverage and know where the QB is going to put the ball, so some of those "behind" the receiver that most of us see will be graded as a perfect pass by Turner and Chud when they start grading the players when watching the film.
-
A rocket arm is more of a detriment when you can't control you're velocity like Weeden or Anderson. Firing bullets at dudes 10 yards away tends to create deflections, especially when the passes aren't accurate.
I didn't see any problems with Hoyers arm last game but wasn't looking that closely. His pass to Gordon deep was a tiny bit underthrown, but he threw a fade route like I haven't seen from a Browns QB in I don't know how long.
I just re-watched some of the highlights- and Hoyer is better than my first impression.
I have to give you a BIG ^+1 on that observation- if you don't have a change up to go along with the fastball, you're worthless in the NFL DA is Exhibit 1A in that regard- and Weeden is probably 1B.
OTOH, besides the two ints (one of which was a blind shot if you watched the field level replay) tossing up Foley floaters isn't the recipe for long term success either.
i fear that now there is tape on him and our effectiveness with him behind center they will double gordon and cameron and shut down his favorite options.if they beat the bengals with whatever QB starting, it'lll mean something.....BIG.
I fear the Bungles are on the Lucky Train to the SB. Need a fumble recovery for the winning TD? Done. They do have talent, but as I've always said- "I'd rather be lucky than good."
I fear the Bungles are on the Lucky Train to the SB. Need a fumble recovery for the winning TD? Done. They do have talent, but as I've always said- "I'd rather be lucky than good."
I believe that lucky train will be derailed for at least a week when we kick their ass next week. Everybody is going to be on a high. We roll them.
-
Don't get too worked up boys. Next season both of them are on the scrap heap (to paraphrase Dean Wormer like shit through a goose) and two first round picks and a lengthy hold out later we will be starting the 2014 version of Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith.
WSS
-
Make that Vince Young......
WSS
-
Hoyer showed more poise and brains than Weeden, and I think he did enough to deserve the start vs. the Bengals. It's hard to say how Weeden would've done, we saw some good play out of him in the preseason, so he might've played just as well as Hoyer vs. Minnesota. I was pretty disturbed by the three interceptions, as they looked like he was passing to the Vikings defenders for at least two of them. Still, a win is a win, and that's enough to see how far the Browns can go with Hoyer.
Please, though, I hope the Browns do NOT trade Gordon. That would be a huge mistake. Just hire a personal assistant for him who keeps him away from the drugs.
-
I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 different QBs on our roster next year. But I suspect we'll have a 1st Round as starter, Hoyer as backup and some scrub as 3rd string.
-
I feel much more confident in Hoyer then Weeden. He made some bad plays in the second half, but that he came back in the final minutes and won the game showed he has fire in the belly. He has earned the spot, and his 15 minutes of fame is hereby extended.
-
He did have the 3 picks but a win is a win I will take it. 2 of those were pretty bad. From what I saw is WR (except Little) were catching passes. I thought through the game maybe Weeden has too much zip, but then again so did Farve. Then again I was drunk.
-
Aside from a few mistakes, I think he played pretty well. He definitely showed more command in the huddle, was more decisive with his throws, and has more touch on the ball than Weeden. Stick with him. I've seen enough of Weeden!
-
The biggest difference between Weeden and Hoyer is how quick they release the ball. I'm in no way remotely comparing Hoyer to Tom Brady, but it's plain to see where he learned from the guy. Get the ball, make a read, and throw it (for better or worse). In this regard Hoyer looked A LOT better than Weeden. I'm pretty sure Weeden would have taken 2-3 more sacks than Hoyer yesterday.
Two of the three INT's were really, really bad. But the three TD passes were also really, really good. Sure Gordon was wide open but so was Obi last week and Weeden just missed him. I'm not saying Hoyer is the answer but it would be stupid not to give him another shot against a better team.
-

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login