Skip to content

So...Anyone Wanna Talk Playoffs?

The Browns Board
31 19 1.6k
  • Let's not get excited just yet. Beat the Bengals convincingly, and there's a glimmer of hope. I don't see that happening. Went from first pick in the draft to talking playoffs, after one win against the Vikings?

    The Browns may not be as bad as I initially thought minus Richardson- but that is not a playoff caliber offense- at least not yet. One legit wr in Gordon, and a fossilized Willis McGahee. Teams will now have some tape on Hoyer too, he's got to prove he's more than a one hit wonder.

    Yes the defense is good enough to keep them in games, but there's a disturbing trend that they've lost every first half lead so far. Are they being out adjusted to at halftime?

    @hoorta said:

    Yes the defense is good enough to keep them in games, but there's a disturbing trend that they've lost every first half lead so far. Are they being out adjusted to at halftime?

    The problem sure isn't fatigue related to time of possession. Miami had the ball only five minutes longer than Browns and the other two games were approx. even.

  • @hoorta said:

    Yes the defense is good enough to keep them in games, but there's a disturbing trend that they've lost every first half lead so far. Are they being out adjusted to at halftime?

    The problem sure isn't fatigue related to time of possession. Miami had the ball only five minutes longer than Browns and the other two games were approx. even.

    @slowburn said:

    The problem sure isn't fatigue related to time of possession. Miami had the ball only five minutes longer than Browns and the other two games were approx. even.

    Exactly... And in the Miami game...the time of possession was dead even before Miami went on an 85 yard drive, up 3, to essentially end the game.

  • @poeticg said:

    Looks like the typical 21st century Browns RB so far

  • @poeticg said:

    Wow man I didn't know he had all those problems thought he had just retired.

  • We traded him and they found tumors, that trade saved his life.

    And Harrison was a good back for us, not a star but he was a good back.

  • Don't see this team in the playoffs with Hoyer at QB. It's a whole different story when teams have tape and can gameplan (ala Derek Anderson). He stared down his receivers the entire game, yes worse than Weeden ever did, and got frazzled when pressured. I'll be at the game this coming Sunday, so I hope I'm wrong, but the Bengals can exploit Hoyer pretty bad. Hate to say it, but this offense with the return of Gordon might look even better once Weeden comes back... UNLESS, Hoyer truly has what it takes to get better each week, and enhance his game at the same pace defenses will be gameplanning to shut him down. I'd rather see that than Weeden back at QB, but if Hoyer looks bad, welcome back Weeden...

  • Lets get to .500, preferably after 6 or so games, before we start talking playoffs. Yeah our front 7 looks good, we have two legit offensive weapons in Gordon and Cameron, and the Steelers look awful however, the Bengals look good and the Ravens seem like they're getting it together. Add in we have a running back who still hasn't spent a full week on the roster, another that was the 5th string before the season started (and only moved up due to injury) and another who's been spending his time at FB. Then there's the whole potential QB controversy brewing. I know just about everyone here has boarded the S.S Hoyer but lets see him play more then one game. Don't get me wrong it was a great win after a pretty tumultuous week and I know I'm coming across as a pessimistic patty but if being a Brown's fan has taught me anything, it's to keep my expectations in check.

  • Lets get to .500, preferably after 6 or so games, before we start talking playoffs. Yeah our front 7 looks good, we have two legit offensive weapons in Gordon and Cameron, and the Steelers look awful however, the Bengals look good and the Ravens seem like they're getting it together. Add in we have a running back who still hasn't spent a full week on the roster, another that was the 5th string before the season started (and only moved up due to injury) and another who's been spending his time at FB. Then there's the whole potential QB controversy brewing. I know just about everyone here has boarded the S.S Hoyer but lets see him play more then one game. Don't get me wrong it was a great win after a pretty tumultuous week and I know I'm coming across as a pessimistic patty but if being a Brown's fan has taught me anything, it's to keep my expectations in check.

    @taco918 said:

    Lets get to .500, preferably after 6 or so games, before we start talking playoffs. Yeah our front 7 looks good, we have two legit offensive weapons in Gordon and Cameron, and the Steelers look awful however, the Bengals look good and the Ravens seem like they're getting it together. Add in we have a running back who still hasn't spent a full week on the roster, another that was the 5th string before the season started (and only moved up due to injury) and another who's been spending his time at FB. Then there's the whole potential QB controversy brewing. I know just about everyone here has boarded the S.S Hoyer but lets see him play more then one game. Don't get me wrong it was a great win after a pretty tumultuous week and I know I'm coming across as a pessimistic patty but if being a Brown's fan has taught me anything, it's to keep my expectations in check.

    Well you said ti right there. We have enough offensive threats in Gordon and Cameron (every team needs at least two, I guess you can say Bess is our third threat) and Hoyer just may be the game manager we need, and our defense definitely playoff caliber. I see no reason why we couldn't make it to the playoffs in this weak divion. None at all.

  • Playoffs?

    This has to be the most bi-polar forum in existance...