Skip to content

Do We Take QB #1 If Hoyer Goes 8-8?

The Browns Board
39 22 1.8k
  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #1

    What record does Hoyer have to go (because he will be starting for the rest of season) for you to draft a QB with the first pick?

    This always happens though, we are destined for a bad season, get a qb in there, usually a back up, that tears it up, think we have soneone special, then sucks ever year after and we lose out on drafting a franchise QB.

  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Go away.

  • Go away.

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @letsgojackets said:

    Go away.

    this is a legitamate question you faggot.

  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #4

    They'll still draft a QB and use Hoyer as a mentor for the rookie

  • @letsgojackets said:

    Go away.

    this is a legitamate question you faggot.

    letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @soju said:

    this is a legitamate question you faggot.

    Nobody likes you. Just leave nobody is backing you up. Browns win and you're being a tard. Go away.

  • They'll still draft a QB and use Hoyer as a mentor for the rookie

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @hunt-daddy said:

    They'll still draft a QB and use Hoyer as a mentor for the rookie

    I don't know about that, it depends what qbs are there when we pick at around 14

  • @soju said:

    this is a legitamate question you faggot.

    Nobody likes you. Just leave nobody is backing you up. Browns win and you're being a tard. Go away.

    SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by Soju
    #7

    @letsgojackets said:

    Nobody likes you. Just leave nobody is backing you up. Browns win and you're being a tard. Go away.

    nobody (a bunch of strangers on the internet) likes me? Should I go grab my pillow and cry now? Like I give a fuck.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #8

    One real big difference is the amount of talent we have now compared to the past. Savage and crennel really screwed us talent wise. Heckert did bring in some pretty good players and left this new FO in much better shape than when he took over. With better players any QB has a much better chance to succeed here now. But they have to have some talent and Hoyer seems to have some. Just hope for the best and be happy that we are the only winners in the AFCN today

  • @letsgojackets said:

    Nobody likes you. Just leave nobody is backing you up. Browns win and you're being a tard. Go away.

    nobody (a bunch of strangers on the internet) likes me? Should I go grab my pillow and cry now? Like I give a fuck.

    letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @soju said:

    nobody (a bunch of strangers on the internet) likes me? Should I go grab my pillow and cry now? Like I give a fuck.

    Ok?

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I say we draft a QB regardless. We may not trade up for one, but we probably draft one.

    I just hope to whatever God it isn't Manziel.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #11

    fuck no. no QB. no trades.

    how about some OL that can actually play? how about another receiver? another CB?

    we beat a legit team and you ask a question like that?

    8 and 8 is a blessing since '99. i don't count the DA fluke.

  • fuck no. no QB. no trades.

    how about some OL that can actually play? how about another receiver? another CB?

    we beat a legit team and you ask a question like that?

    8 and 8 is a blessing since '99. i don't count the DA fluke.

    letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @miktoxic said:

    fuck no. no QB. no trades.

    how about some OL that can actually play? how about another receiver? another CB?

    we beat a legit team and you ask a question like that?

    8 and 8 is a blessing since '99. i don't count the DA fluke.

    My man!!!

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Agreed. Cb/OL maybe are larger needs in my opinion. This is a deep QB draft and we could get a decent, maybe even a project QB, in later rounds.

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    If we're 8-8 we're either in the playoffs or just outside of it, so I say we're picking 20th-22nd, along with the Indy pick being probably 24-26.

    Really no QB's available.

  • If we're 8-8 we're either in the playoffs or just outside of it, so I say we're picking 20th-22nd, along with the Indy pick being probably 24-26.

    Really no QB's available.

    letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dab7291993 said:

    If we're 8-8 we're either in the playoffs or just outside of it, so I say we're picking 20th-22nd, along with the Indy pick being probably 24-26.

    Really no QB's available.

    You missed it. we're going to the Super Bowl.

  • D dab7291993 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    No one is saying that.

  • letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #17

    i just did. We got a win today fellas be happy. We don't need no stinking QB did you see Hoyer today? I'll take that everyday of the week. Call me a homer.

  • i just did. We got a win today fellas be happy. We don't need no stinking QB did you see Hoyer today? I'll take that everyday of the week. Call me a homer.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @letsgojackets said:

    i just did. We got a win today fellas be happy. We don't need no stinking QB did you see Hoyer today? I'll take that everyday of the week. Call me a homer.

    Nothing wrong with being a homer. It is nice to have depth at QB too.

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Its simple I'll tell ya after week 17 or the playoffs.

  • What record does Hoyer have to go (because he will be starting for the rest of season) for you to draft a QB with the first pick?

    This always happens though, we are destined for a bad season, get a qb in there, usually a back up, that tears it up, think we have soneone special, then sucks ever year after and we lose out on drafting a franchise QB.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @soju said:

    What record does Hoyer have to go (because he will be starting for the rest of season) for you to draft a QB with the first pick?

    This always happens though, we are destined for a bad season, get a qb in there, usually a back up, that tears it up, think we have soneone special, then sucks ever year after and we lose out on drafting a franchise QB.

    Yes, the question is legitimate, but then you had to add the negative shit... which I'll ignore...

    It depends on:

    - what role Hoyer plays in getting us to whatever our final record ends up being... I'm still stricking with my 6 - 10 projection for now... and his continued starting is still not a given...

    - the final draft order, us and Indy... who is looking better than I thought they would...

    - the QBs I love and the ones I like...

    The key is if I love/ like a QB that is there when my next pick is up and I do not believe he will be there when my following pick occurs... then I take him.

    It matters not when what round the to which you apply the above.. 1st... 5th... 7th...

    but in the 1st you better be drafting your eventual starter.