Skip to content

Breaking Bad Finale

Barber Shop Talk
16 7 745
  • I thought it could have been better. Jack todd and the Nazis didn't seem big enough. Not as dangerous as the Mexican cartel hitmen. Felt a little unsatisfying to me. Also what the hell is Jesse going to do? Literally everyone he cares about is dead, he's got no money and his fingerprints are all over the meth lab and the gun that he pointed at Walt. Kind of poorly thought out for this show in my opinion.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I thought it could have been better. Jack todd and the Nazis didn't seem big enough. Not as dangerous as the Mexican cartel hitmen. Felt a little unsatisfying to me. Also what the hell is Jesse going to do? Literally everyone he cares about is dead, he's got no money and his fingerprints are all over the meth lab and the gun that he pointed at Walt. Kind of poorly thought out for this show in my opinion.

    Well, he got away at that point in time....and that is all that matters. I don't think it was necessary to tie down his fate. He could get caught, sure. Then he would have been the only living witness to the murder of Hank and Gomez. Or he could end up in a cabin in New Hampshire or he could end up as Saul's assistant manager of a chicken shack in Omaha.....whatever.

  • god dammit i didn't watch this season so far waiting to do an all day 5 (or 6) episode marathon.

    thanks gipper might as well delete the shit now.

    kidding.

    AMC has got to have the best lineup barring pay cable channels.

    breaking bad

    mad men

    the walking dead

    shit is off the hook!

  • god dammit i didn't watch this season so far waiting to do an all day 5 (or 6) episode marathon.

    thanks gipper might as well delete the shit now.

    kidding.

    AMC has got to have the best lineup barring pay cable channels.

    breaking bad

    mad men

    the walking dead

    shit is off the hook!

    @miktoxic said:

    god dammit i didn't watch this season so far waiting to do an all day 5 (or 6) episode marathon.

    thanks gipper might as well delete the shit now.

    kidding.

    AMC has got to have the best lineup barring pay cable channels.

    breaking bad

    mad men

    the walking dead

    shit is off the hook!

    Well, I thought I put a warning label on my comments. In not, I guess I should have.

  • Tuco was my favorite. The shootout with Hank that led to his demise was badass.

    tuco-salamanca-s2-590.jpg

  • Tuco was my favorite. The shootout with Hank that led to his demise was badass.

    tuco-salamanca-s2-590.jpg

    @slowburn said:

    Tuco was my favorite. The shootout with Hank that led to his demise was badass.

    tuco-salamanca-s2-590.jpg

    Tight! Tight tight tight!

  • The Americans on FX is a great show. HBO Boardwalk Empire ditto. Shows you how crazy the 1920's was during prohibition.

  • Now that breaking bad is over I'm looking round for other shows to watch/start. I'm gonna start walking dead, and probably also prison break. Never been a fan of cop dramas, so the wire is not so much my kind of thing. Homeland has started again apparently, which i need to catch up with. Any others out there? Anyone seen Almost Human? More sci-fi than cop drama, so could be interested.

  • Now that breaking bad is over I'm looking round for other shows to watch/start. I'm gonna start walking dead, and probably also prison break. Never been a fan of cop dramas, so the wire is not so much my kind of thing. Homeland has started again apparently, which i need to catch up with. Any others out there? Anyone seen Almost Human? More sci-fi than cop drama, so could be interested.

    @gftchris said:

    Now that breaking bad is over I'm looking round for other shows to watch/start. I'm gonna start walking dead, and probably also prison break. Never been a fan of cop dramas, so the wire is not so much my kind of thing. Homeland has started again apparently, which i need to catch up with. Any others out there? Anyone seen Almost Human? More sci-fi than cop drama, so could be interested.

    I get the DVDs from the library and watch whole seasons at time (and yes, I know as my son reminds me that you can stream a lot of this online). Right now I have the 7th season of Dexter that I am watching, plus I have like the 5th season of True Blood in the wings.

    I have seen like the first 3 seasons of Almost Human. It is good, but I am wondering if they still make it.

    But, here is a list of other series that I have seen some or most of:

    Boardwalk Empire

    Game of Thrones

    Rome

    Deadwood

    The Sopranos

    The Tudors

    The Borgias

    Boss

    Magic City

    Spartacus

    Homeland

    Torchwood

    The Killing

    Wallander

    Hell on Wheels

    The Walking Dead

    Justified

    Alphas

    Battlestar Gallactica

    Caprica

    Stargate

    Lost

    Once Upon a Time

    There are a few that I have not seen, but hope to some day soon: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, The Shield.

    And there may be a number of others out there.

  • @gftchris said:

    Now that breaking bad is over I'm looking round for other shows to watch/start. I'm gonna start walking dead, and probably also prison break. Never been a fan of cop dramas, so the wire is not so much my kind of thing. Homeland has started again apparently, which i need to catch up with. Any others out there? Anyone seen Almost Human? More sci-fi than cop drama, so could be interested.

    I get the DVDs from the library and watch whole seasons at time (and yes, I know as my son reminds me that you can stream a lot of this online). Right now I have the 7th season of Dexter that I am watching, plus I have like the 5th season of True Blood in the wings.

    I have seen like the first 3 seasons of Almost Human. It is good, but I am wondering if they still make it.

    But, here is a list of other series that I have seen some or most of:

    Boardwalk Empire

    Game of Thrones

    Rome

    Deadwood

    The Sopranos

    The Tudors

    The Borgias

    Boss

    Magic City

    Spartacus

    Homeland

    Torchwood

    The Killing

    Wallander

    Hell on Wheels

    The Walking Dead

    Justified

    Alphas

    Battlestar Gallactica

    Caprica

    Stargate

    Lost

    Once Upon a Time

    There are a few that I have not seen, but hope to some day soon: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, The Shield.

    And there may be a number of others out there.

    @the-gipper said:

    I get the DVDs from the library and watch whole seasons at time (and yes, I know as my son reminds me that you can stream a lot of this online). Right now I have the 7th season of Dexter that I am watching, plus I have like the 5th season of True Blood in the wings.

    I have seen like the first 3 seasons of Almost Human. It is good, but I am wondering if they still make it.

    But, here is a list of other series that I have seen some or most of:

    Boardwalk Empire - didn't like

    Game of Thrones - seen it, read it

    Rome - not looked in to it - I know my parents love it

    Deadwood - not seen it

    The Sopranos - couldn't get in to it, not my kind of thing so much

    The Tudors - See Rome

    The Borgias - Very good, seen it

    Boss - ??

    Magic City - See Boss

    Spartacus - too stylised, too much emphasis on violence, not a fan, though my roommate loves it

    Homeland - new season started apparently, got to watch that

    Torchwood - yep

    The Killing - not seen it

    Wallander - ?

    Hell on Wheels - ?

    The Walking Dead - downloading

    Justified - ?

    Alphas - ?

    Battlestar Gallactica - not a big fan of sci-fi things

    Caprica - ?

    Stargate - was ok

    Lost - ugh, no thanks 😛

    Once Upon a Time - I remember that looking good

    There are a few that I have not seen, but hope to some day soon: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, The Shield.

    And there may be a number of others out there.

    Thanks, got some ideas and looking forward to some 😁

  • @the-gipper said:

    I get the DVDs from the library and watch whole seasons at time (and yes, I know as my son reminds me that you can stream a lot of this online). Right now I have the 7th season of Dexter that I am watching, plus I have like the 5th season of True Blood in the wings.

    I have seen like the first 3 seasons of Almost Human. It is good, but I am wondering if they still make it.

    But, here is a list of other series that I have seen some or most of:

    Boardwalk Empire - didn't like

    Game of Thrones - seen it, read it

    Rome - not looked in to it - I know my parents love it

    Deadwood - not seen it

    The Sopranos - couldn't get in to it, not my kind of thing so much

    The Tudors - See Rome

    The Borgias - Very good, seen it

    Boss - ??

    Magic City - See Boss

    Spartacus - too stylised, too much emphasis on violence, not a fan, though my roommate loves it

    Homeland - new season started apparently, got to watch that

    Torchwood - yep

    The Killing - not seen it

    Wallander - ?

    Hell on Wheels - ?

    The Walking Dead - downloading

    Justified - ?

    Alphas - ?

    Battlestar Gallactica - not a big fan of sci-fi things

    Caprica - ?

    Stargate - was ok

    Lost - ugh, no thanks 😛

    Once Upon a Time - I remember that looking good

    There are a few that I have not seen, but hope to some day soon: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, The Shield.

    And there may be a number of others out there.

    Thanks, got some ideas and looking forward to some 😁

    @gftchris said:

    Thanks, got some ideas and looking forward to some 😁

    Not sure what you mean by some of your comments. Just because one show seems like another show is no reason not to watch it.

    I mean, both Columbo and Monk are about detectives, but you can certainly enjoy both shows.

    As for sci-fi......sci-fi is just another way to tell a good story, if the story is good in the first place. Like Gene Roddenberry said, Star Trek was basically Wagon Train in space. In fact, there was a movie called Outlander I believe starring Sean Connery. It was essentially High Noon in Space. There is bad sci-fi and good sci-fi. It all depends on acting/directing/writing.