Skip to content

After Week 4 Mock Draft

The Browns Board
15 8 544
  • I'll bite.

    Johnny Cash is gonna be a fascinating study. Lots of football people say he lacks the arm. Then lots of football people say his arm is underrated. I know he's a blast to watch but rarely peppers the ball, really stings it.

    I've seen that corner from Florida listed in round 2 a lot, which makes more sense, already having Haden and Skrine. I don't agree that we'll prioritize defense that much when we're so much stronger on that side of the ball. Pass rush makes the coverage. Watch Skrine keep getting more and more kudos as the year goes on.

    I'm pretty sure a WR goes higher than round 3. And if we go QB, I struggle to see it being Manziel.

  • I'll bite.

    Johnny Cash is gonna be a fascinating study. Lots of football people say he lacks the arm. Then lots of football people say his arm is underrated. I know he's a blast to watch but rarely peppers the ball, really stings it.

    I've seen that corner from Florida listed in round 2 a lot, which makes more sense, already having Haden and Skrine. I don't agree that we'll prioritize defense that much when we're so much stronger on that side of the ball. Pass rush makes the coverage. Watch Skrine keep getting more and more kudos as the year goes on.

    I'm pretty sure a WR goes higher than round 3. And if we go QB, I struggle to see it being Manziel.

    @shep said:

    I'll bite.

    Johnny Cash is gonna be a fascinating study. Lots of football people say he lacks the arm. Then lots of football people say his arm is underrated. I know he's a blast to watch but rarely peppers the ball, really stings it.

    I've seen that corner from Florida listed in round 2 a lot, which makes more sense, already having Haden and Skrine. I don't agree that we'll prioritize defense that much when we're so much stronger on that side of the ball. Pass rush makes the coverage. Watch Skrine keep getting more and more kudos as the year goes on.

    I'm pretty sure a WR goes higher than round 3. And if we go QB, I struggle to see it being Manziel.

    It's basically impossible to tell this early on in the Hoyer experiment whether we'll take one in the first round. If he lights it up this year and throws for 25 TD with a manageable 10 INTs, looks good doing so, we probably wait until a lower pick to take a developmental QB.

    But you'd have to assume that at least 2 of the first 3 picks will be geared towards offense, given how awesome we look on D at the moment. The only question mark would be whether they renew Ward's contract or not, and if they subsequently need a replacement. The only places you could see us taking someone are DB or ILB.

  • No saying whre the first round picks will fall yet, so too early to specualte on WHO. However-

    Just no to Manzel. Too much hot dog.

    #2 WR is a priority over #2 CB.

  • To me its either QB-WR, QB-OG, WR-OG with the first round picks depending on how the season shakes out and who we get in FA. Waaaaayyy too early for mock drafts although it is fun to keep an eye on possible targets during the season. At this point we have zero idea where either of our picks will fall and even less of an idea on who will be available when we pick. So why mock?

  • To me its either QB-WR, QB-OG, WR-OG with the first round picks depending on how the season shakes out and who we get in FA. Waaaaayyy too early for mock drafts although it is fun to keep an eye on possible targets during the season. At this point we have zero idea where either of our picks will fall and even less of an idea on who will be available when we pick. So why mock?

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    To me its either QB-WR, QB-OG, WR-OG with the first round picks depending on how the season shakes out and who we get in FA. Waaaaayyy too early for mock drafts although it is fun to keep an eye on possible targets during the season. At this point we have zero idea where either of our picks will fall and even less of an idea on who will be available when we pick. So why mock?

    I like it, it's just a bit of fun at this stage, who knows how anyone will fall from grace (Exhibit A - M. Barkley), but it's good to know who's out there, where we might pick people up, where there's a dearth and we might look to FA or even trades to fill gaps.

  • Yeah I just look at CBS sports top prospects at positions of need and try and watch em in action if I can.

  • Yeah, that CBS site is really useful. Agree. Nice starting point.

    I'd love to see us sign a corner with size in free agency, the type of guy we didn't get last year who'd like to be part of one of the league's best defenses. For me, every other starting spot on defense is filled and we have depth, too. We'll probably draft an ILB but not early. You can find a guy to groom behind DQJ and Robertson in round 4. Just make him fast because that's what Horton wants at ILB now.

    Gipson and Skrine are stepping up. Let's give them a shot to nail down their starting jobs. I think a lot of people are behind the curve on Skrine in particular. He's playing ball.

    I'll wait and see if we have a RG between Lauvao and the other dude whom I suddenly forgot (!). But I know we need playmakers. Dion's return will help but we need a pretty serious starting WR.

  • Yeah I hate our guards. Pinkston and Luavou are servicable in pass pro but awful run blockers. I'd like to see us get Yankey from Stanford. Dudes a monster. I was pretty upset we passed on Amerson in this past draft and then we go and draft a 5'9 corner. I agree fully on the size at corner statement, and Id like a taller safety also. That would help so much against taller recievers and tight ends. Seattle has 3 starting DB's over 6'3. I love what they're doing out there. I'd love to see us get Sammy Watkins or Marqise Lee also.

  • Skrine would be a perfect nickle corner (3 weeks ago I was ready to say cut him, but you're right he's been huge)

  • Lost me with Jonhny Goofball. The Browns have built a terrific lockerroom now,

    and this pick alone would screw it up.

    He should go to the Jets...or the Raiders.

  • Lost me with Jonhny Goofball. The Browns have built a terrific lockerroom now,

    and this pick alone would screw it up.

    He should go to the Jets...or the Raiders.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Lost me with Jonhny Goofball. The Browns have built a terrific lockerroom now,

    and this pick alone would screw it up.

    He should go to the Jets...or the Raiders.

    Completely agree with this^ I have zero faith in him being completely dedicated to football enough to be a successful starting QB in the NFL....right now. This could change with predraft interviews but the impression he's leaving right now is that he's a partier and he doesnt handle pressure well off the field. He seems like an entitled little brat to me.
  • Offensive weapons and secondary help... The positions are right, but I doubt the order they are picked and the actual players are accurate at all.

    Gipson may prove that we don't need a S at all, and might be able to get an o-lineman somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds instead...

  • wow.

    and you wonder why no one is ever going to reply to this thread, except me saying that no one is ever going to respond to this thread.

    @miktoxic said:

    wow.

    and you wonder why no one is ever going to reply to this thread, except me saying that no one is ever going to respond to this thread.

    I have posted Mocks over the past three 3 if you choose not to reply dont care, I just give info as I go thru my standard websites